EVENT: Assault on Archosaur! Tuesday, March 31!

Options

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well the only prob I had with lag was when I had everything at max. It started gettin a bit choppy when they started spawning mobs and everyone was attacking. But I pressed ctrl-f9 and left UI->Distance and UI->Effects at max. Silky smooth the whole time after that.

The rest of us all tried that. You're in hashland, the least populated of all servers. Try the older pve servers, Sanctuary or Heaven's Tear, and you'll see. I have a $2000+ computer that plays Crysis maxed silky smooth, plus 50mb/s connection. Nothing can possibly help with the amount of people present.b:surrender
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The lag problem could have been solved by spreading things out more. The loot and XP would probably have been helped, too. It would also have helped to have more mobs come in a steady flow than in spurts and clusters that died out quickly.

GMs, learn from your mistakes, don't cover them up. I'm not trying to QQ here, I'm trying to give constructive criticism.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The lag problem could have been solved by spreading things out more. The loot and XP would probably have been helped, too. It would also have helped to have more mobs come in a steady flow than in spurts and clusters that died out quickly.

GMs, learn from your mistakes, don't cover them up. I'm not trying to QQ here, I'm trying to give constructive criticism.

That would mean more work, instead of just summoning a whole bunch of monsters in a small space. Someone suggested instance earlier, which will probably require recoding. Besides, if they didn't change anything from the last Valentine quest, it's safe to say this kind of events are here to stay.
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It was very very lag at the beginning but when I pressed ctrl F9, everything ran as smooth as before, but the graphic took me awhile to get used.

I believe the GMs trying to make PWI more fun to play and I think the idea is great except the lag. But I do wish they can give generous exp pts who participated this event. I lost half of my exp to defend Arch, lol.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    did gmz jack meh poll? >_>
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Why yes Andromeda they did.

With the excuse of "We already had one up so we merged the two" I would bet. Gots to try and think like they do after all right?
    edited March 2009
    Options
    did gmz jack meh poll? >_>

Lol, rigged. This game is from China, remember? They do a lot of "information control" there... b:laugh
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lol, rigged. This game is from China, remember? They do a lot of "information control" there... b:laugh

LIES!!! There is no "information control"!

*shreds memo about letting no negative rumors getting out*

LIES I TELL YOU ALL LIES!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    gmz jacked my pollz b:cry

(ad rigged it?)
    edited March 2009
    Options
    gmz jacked my pollz b:cry

(ad rigged it?)

You are now their puppet and mouthpiece.b:pleased
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    gmz Jacked My Pollz B:cry

(ad Rigged It?)

ALL UR POLLZ R BELONG TO GMS!!!111 b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoughTongue - Heavens Tear
    RoughTongue - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Against the Veno class. So you got nothing too? Maybe an event like this needs class specific monsters? And I am happy to here it was un equitable all around.
    Understand I have nothing against the Veno class or any other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Get your helmets ready
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Against the Veno class. So you got nothing too? Maybe an event like this needs class specific monsters? And I am happy to here it was un equitable all around.
    Understand I have nothing against the Veno class or any other.

The only way to get anything from the monsters is go to west arch and KS on lowbies' bosses.b:lipcurl
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hya ^^,
    I think the event was very nice, a good idea BUT the same error always, bad organization, i dont mean in schedules i mean just can made this kind of events in largers areas or diferents town(off course the name of the event dont have sense if they split in diferents towns, but amplify the area of spawn of mobs is a good idea) to avoid the lag and the ppl all togheter. until the event pwi was running at 10 or less FPS sometimes not all time but that's annoying.
    Anyway follow this way staff of PWI, u re doing a great job really b:cute, only that simple suggestion "AMPLIFY THE AREA OF THE EVENT"

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Xoe - Heavens Tear
    Xoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The only way to get anything from the monsters is go to west arch and KS on lowbies' bosses.b:lipcurl

oh...that didn't contribute to the event fail at all....

on a side note....how the hell could 72.62% of the people responding to the poll say it was a win??
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    on a side note....how the hell could 72.62% of the people responding to the poll say it was a win??

Others have explained why. Please read a page or two prior to this post.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Meh. I want to know one thing... How can a level 65 Sower of the Flames pull aggro off of hundreds of people? I eventually said **** it, put myself in Fox Form, and started debuffing the heck out of everything. I have the sinking feeling that I was the only fox down in the 50+ area. And probably one of the few without a pet. I lost 4 GA's from the event, and burned up 1/10th HP charm, and used 20 Vegetable Jiaozis just to stay alive. Though, despite the lag and what not, it was pretty epic surviving AoE's from mobs almost double my level. I joked around, and had fun with it, despite the fact that every so often, the screen would completely freeze.

Pros:
    -It was nice fighting bosses we would never have that easy of a time wrecking again.
    -It was a nice diversion from grinding.

Cons:
    -Why on Earth would you put it near Lagosaur?! Put it IN Lagosaur, so we could wipe out the catshops.
    -WAY too much lag. I had every setting down as far as it could go. I'm playing PW on a Laptop.
    -Big Meh for the choice of mobs. Having a writhing dragon around, that you can't click on due to lag sucks. (Although, I liked killing all the "Fats".) Hint to live healthy, perhaps? And wouldn't an invasion be a ton of the smaller guys, followed by their commanders and such? Not boss, boss, boss, boss, bigger boss, bigger boss, BIGGER boss, Oh my god, WTF is that thing???? boss, BOSS SPAM!, HUGE BOSS, I can't even see how big he is boss, end of attack.

Just a thought, but for your next invasion, do every single city and town in PW. That way, people can decide what to defend, and what not. We are the soldiers of PW, right? Why don't you let us form our own military tactics? All the lower levels will be guarding places like City of the Lost, and Etherblade, while the higher levels guard Silver Pool, Archosaur, Sanctuary, and Thousand Streams. Yeah, I know. I'm an idealist, because we all know higher levels will be KSing the lower ones, but the point remains, SPLIT US UP NEXT TIME. I don't want to have to try to click around 100 Hercs, Magmites and Swiftshadows, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was really excited about the event, I thought it was going to be large amounts of mobs spawning. And then was disappointed to see what looked like very few mobs compared to the amount of players who showed up to participate in the event (if this was an invasion, we shouldn't have outnumbered them). The saddest part of all was probably when I could finally move to see the mobs spawn, I watched a barbarian use Slam and kill ALL OF THEM. Us lowbies got punked by the high level players b:surrender

Should have had 60 and below monsters attacking Archosaur, and 60+ attacking 1K Streams, so the high level players could actually have some real competition, and the lowbies could have somewhat of a chance of getting to the mobs.

Or the instance idea would have been cool too.

Edit: ^^post above mine has some cool ideas too, must have happened while i was typing this one.

On the bright side, the PK was fun b:laugh

It was like your invasion caused us to have a civil war in the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    And wouldn't an invasion be a ton of the smaller guys, followed by their commanders and such? Not boss, boss, boss, boss, bigger boss, bigger boss, BIGGER boss, Oh my god, WTF is that thing???? boss, BOSS SPAM!, HUGE BOSS, I can't even see how big he is boss, end of attack.

hahahahahhaha thats great. Made me laugh

I wasn't there 30 minutes b4 I left. Too many Venos with magmites or Hercs, but thats not the reason why I left. Too much lag even with my gracphical setting at its lowest. So instead of staying and franctically trying to collect drops I left with 6k and went to solo Firecrag Grotto. I ended up leaving the dungeon with 15k more and in much less time.

Plus having fb19 bosses roaming around the 10-30 area was pretty hard for players of that level range. Plus I could see players with TT weapons running around KS. So the event was a fail and a success imo. Loved seeing "Need a rez at so and so" every 5 secs in the 10-30 area. b:laugh
  • Lightwish - Dreamweaver
    Lightwish - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Greetings Devs and Whoever else was involved in the creation of this event! Here is some honest feedback from a 71 Cleric on PVE Dreamweaver:

- The event was a great idea; however, poorly implemented overall.

- There were too many ppl in one area making it very laggy

- Loot was lackluster and the event was unrewarding for most

Suggestions for next time:

1. Make the event spread out in all of the major cities to thin the crowds

2. Increase XP gained by 10 or 20 times so that everyone who gets some hits in gets rewarded with XP

3. Drops were crummy also. Perhaps use bosses with valueable drops such as TT bosses in high level areas. FB bosses in low level

Thanks, it was a great idea and I am sure this type of event will morph into something differrent each time it is run, and hopefully better!
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i think next time a good idea would be to have multiple instances for different level ranges, kinda like wraith vs players TW. everyone gets some exp and rep should the territory they're at holds and everyone loses rep should it falls (or just gain nothing, idk). that way players are encouraged to work together instead of ksing the **** out of each other. its player vs wraiths afterall. it'd also reduce lag, if u can control how many players go into each instance

wraiths would be armies and armies of mobs with frequent commanders and finally a boss or something
  • Heilios - Sanctuary
    Heilios - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lag was enormous
    so big that when montsers spawned at south people would be dead before any cleric would notice any1 even got damg.
    event was huge fail i saw some gm running around u clearly must have seen how much it sucked
    closing the poll like this is weak and turning ur head away from problems
    think before u do something next time
    if poll was still up ud have 99% FAIL and u know it b:angry
    the idea was good ....but ......thats about everything....
    if event meet the GM has major lag what the hell did u expect when u let every1 on the whole damn server go to arch >.<
    it was doomed to fail >.<
    ...that''ll be all
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The event wasn't as good as what I expected =(
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Heilios - Sanctuary
    Heilios - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail Fail
    did i mention FAAAIIILLL already?
    i had to stay of for this sh.....stuff >.<
    sooo annoying >.<
    now i am tired and i have to go to school and event sucked and im pissed and i wanna kick something b:angry
    if gms would have been pk enabled during event they would have been linched
  • LionH - Lost City
    LionH - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Epic win OP!
  • elmii
    elmii Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    to be honest it was annoying to see GM saying stuff like I WTB brave warriors and bla bla bla when I saw crowds of people in the south Archo in Sanctuary server.... And those EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK GENERAL IS COMING!!!! then boom spawn of mobs who aoe S out of the squishy classes while the last ones struggle to understand WHAT did hit them.... 2 seconds later everybody are going to town or getting ressed and 2 or 3 more minutes later those eeeeek mobs are dead.... Seriously I think non of the bosses took us too long to kill, considering the amount of players, who came for the event and through the laggs(most of us I guess) or without one (happy people...) aoed, debufffed and taunted the mobs... omg... I should agree the idea itself was good, however WHOever made this event obviously forgot or didn't know about the meeting GMs events issues and probably assumed that every single person playing PWI has perfect computers and connection and that there are only about 10 people... b:shutup
    nice try, but not motre than that... 2 points out of 5 since you did split us by 3 different lvl span groups and the idea itself was fun... Seriously killing lvl 105 boss was fun, even though the exp was crappy...
  • Alryn - Heavens Tear
    Alryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    FAIL

The biggest fail yet, I was treated to a frozen screen (Major Lag) for 99.5% of the whole event, I still managed to read quite a lot of people complaining about it during and after. A complete fail, worse in my opinion than digging for roses with 20 others competing for the same rose (for what reward?). b:sad
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Why don't they open a new special instance. Give us a series of quests to complete. Making the zone tough but fun. The quests are given one by one, making the adventurer return to the zone multiple times. Each quest gives some neat little reward. (maybe even some special fashion or something) And then once the series of quests are completed, you get some real nice item, thats class specific maybe. Like archers getting an item with added +acc or tanks getting something with +HP and make the bonuses significant enuf to make one want to actually want to use it.

I dunno just an idea. But at least we wouldn't have these massive /fail lagfests that make many people just leave the event, as many of us did.

I love the game, I just think things can be done much better, and planned much more player friendly. Then everyone could/would have a chance at participating in the events. Unlike what we normally get.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The idea was great (although I'd prefer original Bosses and reuses ones).
    But : lag was such an horror that when bosses appeared, I could just constat that I got killed after 3 minutes waiting for something to move on screen...
    Thus, an instance would have been great to minimize ressources involved....

I got killed twice while my computer was laging and without seeing monsters, and the third time I got killed whithout any chance because I was not strong enough (this one was ok).

Also, drops were not really attractive... and no more were XP rewards regarding what you lost when you got killed (even when resurrected by a clerci or a scroll).
    Squad mode was compulsory if you wanted to have any chance to gain some item (since solo caracters ususually were stolen the final frag by some other one).

Then... failure for me. Very cool idea, but not suiting usual ppl's computers or graphic cards, not very attractive regarding rewards : missed a few features to be not only a good idea.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The event was a great idea; however, poorly implemented overall.

I would have said "poorly implemented as usual".