EVENT: Assault on Archosaur! Tuesday, March 31!

Comments

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    can i say fail?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This was a horrible event. It failed on so many levels, none of them epic, which means it didn't even win at failing.

I mean really, I'm usually the first to tell people to stop whining and find the silver lining in any situation, but this was just a dull and completely pointless snore fest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Kitinka - Sanctuary
    Kitinka - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm starting to believe it was Aprils fool thingy. No other explanation. Oh well, I suppose it might just be the worst event ever what comes to the execution but I wish to believe in Aprils fool instead of that :/

No XP, drops or anything like that here either.
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    from european player wasnt worth the loss of sleep, wont be doin that again but thx anyways lost 3% and didnt see 1 drop [except from red namesb:laugh]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The main point of the event was to have people use up teleacousticsb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I saw one purple item drop, I'm pretty sure it was a book. That was it.

I'm glad we could all spend an hour suffering through miserable lag and ticking our charms to give one or two people a drop.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty sure the two people who voted "win" are the only 2 people that got a drop out of it =/
  • Terail - Sanctuary
    Terail - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do we really need another topic about this? There's already two above this one.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I saw one purple item drop, I'm pretty sure it was a book. That was it.

I'm glad we could all spend an hour suffering through miserable lag and ticking our charms to give one or two people a drop.

Ticking away charms... that's the point of this event, isn't it? More zhen for charms.b:laugh
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yes it was.

First off, on HT the sever is already full as it is.

Why not create an instance where a certain level of players/certain amount of players enter it?

Have more than one instance - it's possible [duh TW]

That reduces lag, creates more excitement to partcipate.

I could barely move in that damn lagfest. Another fail event.

IDK why they would hold an event outside the biggest city populated on each servers and not consider an instance.

It's like they do it on purpose. Same with Rose event. "Don't lure Jewels or youll be banned" then why put it next TO Jewel? -_- what kind of team are they running?
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well. i thought it was cool anyway.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do we really need another topic about this? There's already two above this one.

No amount of threads can cover this magnitude of failure.b:fatb
  • Terail - Sanctuary
    Terail - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Okay, than I guess i'll add this from a friend on FFXI.
    missnastyepicfail.jpg
  • Kitinka - Sanctuary
    Kitinka - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    starman17 wrote: »
    well. i thought it was cool anyway.
    Idea? Yes. Execution? HELL NO.
    Too little mobs in a far too little area, major lag, no good drops... I rest my case.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    The main point of the event was to have people use up teleacousticsb:laugh

Also drive up meat sales. Lots of dead hercs everywhere =P
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty sure the two people who voted "win" are the only 2 people that got a drop out of it =/

Or the GMs who held the events b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i went to north gate, all the high lvls were there, and of cos they did all the killings and got all the purple drops. It was lagged badly and I got killed several times cos I dun have chance to see wat mob spawn behind me. I got mad and the last wave I just went to west gate hopefully to get some decent drops (sorry, lower lvl guys). conclusion the idea is there, but do consider abt the lag and those selfish high lvl players. someone in my squad even said she dun squad with low players like us cos we got killed easily when I was at north gate, well go to south gate then if you are so great!b:angry
  • Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Was it worth the money I used to attack mobs? No.
    Was it worth the couple of drops I got? No.
    Was it worth the time I lost in the event? No.
    Was it worth the 1% of xp that I lost? No.

GM's, for once, try to get going a good event. You fail at organizing events.

Just my opinion.
    edited March 2009
    I KNOW, FFS call it an invasion when there is a invasion event already coded with mobs already on the server with invasion molds and badges, and then summon FB bosses?=fail

I guess the GMs and Admins don't know about that one....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I had fun at the Silver Pool wraith event yesterday, but this one was really horrible.

I was at West Gate and there were a ton of high level players there. No chance to get much play for a lvl 39 the mobs were being killed in 2 secs. Went to South Gate and at least the mob didn't die in 2 secs tho I knew I wasn't helping much ... 2 XP per kill LOL.

The concept was good, but execution was weak. Maybe there should have been a lot more mob spread much further out to allow the multitude of players to each get a shot. I think spreading it out would also reduce lag.
    edited March 2009
    Interesting how they close the poll when WIN is up. Looks rigged especially when most comments say FAIL.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I agree, I was hoping for more monsters to spawn around the gates, instead about 4 monsters spawning close to each other. I still enjoyed it, It was fun watching all those skills fly at the same time and ress people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    all right, lag may have been bad and loot may have been hard to come by, but I thought that the battles were tough, scary, and overwhelming at times, and to come out of each battle victorious gave me a euphoric sense of heroism. I enjoyed fighting alongside my compatriots. If loot is all you care about, maybe you should spend more time at the auction house and leave the fighting to us.
    edited March 2009
    Interesting how they close the poll when WIN is up. Looks rigged especially when most comments say FAIL.

That's a phony pool.

The real one with lots of fail votes was closed down by the mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2009
    starman17 wrote: »
    all right, lag may have been bad and loot may have been hard to come by, but I thought that the battles were tough, scary, and overwhelming at times, and to come out of each battle victorious gave me a euphoric sense of heroism. I enjoyed fighting alongside my compatriots. If loot is all you care about, maybe you should spend more time at the auction house and leave the fighting to us.

Tough scary and overwhelming! NOT.... ROFLMAO. It was target and attack as fast as u can while a gazillion others did the same. While not really knowing what was happening because of the lag delay.

Yes it was kinda interesting to watch. If that is cool then maybe. And as for me I did not care about loot I just wanted to be able to participate in a meaningful way.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    LOL @ THE POLL. That has obviously been tampered with by the admins...then they closed it.

I checked 10 mins ago and Fail was winning by alot.
  • Yondaimez - Sanctuary
    Yondaimez - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    LOL @ THE POLL. That has obviously been tampered with by the admins...then they closed it.

I checked 10 mins ago and Fail was winning by alot.

xD i saw that too rofl
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i was there for 20 min before it started, and watched the lag grow worse and worse, even with my fast DSL. by the time the event started, it was so bad that it took several seconds to even move, never mind actually try to do anything. so i flew off to do some grinding in peace, just me and the mobs, while 3/4 of the HT players (or so it seemed<wry grin>) tried to play with the wraiths....

surely there has to be some way to solve the lag, but how, i have no idea...im really sory i couldnt take part in the funb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i was there for 20 min before it started, and watched the lag grow worse and worse, even with my fast DSL. by the time the event started, it was so bad that it took several seconds to even move, never mind actually try to do anything. so i flew off to do some grinding in peace, just me and the mobs, while 3/4 of the HT players (or so it seemed<wry grin>) tried to play with the wraiths....

surely there has to be some way to solve the lag, but how, i have no idea...im really sory i couldnt take part in the funb:sad

Well the only prob I had with lag was when I had everything at max. It started gettin a bit choppy when they started spawning mobs and everyone was attacking. But I pressed ctrl-f9 and left UI->Distance and UI->Effects at max. Silky smooth the whole time after that.
    edited March 2009
    Well I'm no IT expert but I think if the mob had been spread out much, much further down the paths with a lot of small mobs and a few huge ones, then the lag may have been manageable and everyone would have had a better chance to get a go at something.

It was laggy at the Silver Pool event yesterday, but quite playable and fun because it was spread out. This event which was much bigger should have been really spread out.

Just a suggestion. I like the events ... I would just like to see them done better.