EVENT: Assault on Archosaur! Tuesday, March 31!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was really excited to participate but the lagg was too much for meb:surrender. I left to do my quests.

I guess the idea of making this in different cities/towns would be great.

I prefer to defend Ether as it is the capital city of my home province.

I don't recall any of my friends geting a good drop either and the xp should be good too.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, that sucked. I missed the event, not that I'd've got anything cos AGAIN geared to high levels, but I actually had RL stuff to do! HA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    (I did try to post something yesturday but the forum screwed up and I was dead tired and couldn't be arsed to write it all out again....nor could I remember exactly what I put....)

On Dreamweaver I'm level 43 and stayed at the north gate but on Heavens Tear (lvl 72 wiz) the south gate was so full that even with performance mode turned on I was graphically lagging like hell until I turned down the texture settings and relogged on. Then after finding that I couldn't even hit anything because they all died faster than I could cast anything (and on top of the GM announcing that the north and west needed more forces than the south) I tried out the north, only to find it quickly got just as bad. In the end I stayed at the west gate helping the lowbies, where I managed to make many hits and hit many mobs as well as got a few drops and money.

The best bit about this event? My veno only died once and my wizard didn't die at all. b:laugh
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    For those in Sanctuary, were the little comments from GMs during the event annoying or did you guys actually enjoy them?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Also....where's the "All of the above" option? b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm not posting here to argue with anyone, or stir up the pot. (I didn't touch the poll, so be nice to me please) b:victory

The following are my opinions based on being a player, and as a part of PWE. These opinions may not be officially representative of PWE. They are my opinions!

BUT, here are my views on the event, since I was observing in-game.

An INSANE amount of people turned out for the event on all the servers. Every time we try to spread things out and adjust to the amount of people that might show up, you awesome players MULTIPLY way more then we thought would be showing up.

It is tough choosing locations estimating a few hundred people will show up at each spot, then BAM! several thousand players (plus petsd/mounts) bombard the locations. We were in awe of how many people showed up.

Each and every event like this surprises us on how many will show up.

We love to have the feedback from you all, as it helps us adjust things for the future.

Things that I do to fight back lag when there are several thousand players in the same zone I am are (there isn't any game on this planet that can have 500+ players in one spot and not wind up laggy for most people, too much geometry to draw and positions to track across the internet):

-Turn off ALL graphic effects in game.
    -Slide down to the left all other graphic effects.
    -Turn off player and monster names so that they don't show.
    -Turn off customizations.
    -Run in windowed mode, in a smaller resolution (like 1024x768 or 800x600.)
    -Don't run any other programs, especially ones that use bandwidth, while playing PWI during a GM event.
    -Have a computer that was made in the last 4 years or younger.
    -Have a broadband internet connection of 768 kbit/s or better.
    See this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadband_Internet_access

I'm sorry that some of you didn't get cool drops and such, but please know that you are in the minority but that doesn't mean we aren't listening to your feedback for future events so that we can make them better, ok?

Thanks for listening! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Why did you not used the built-in Archosaur invasion feature that was used on other servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Excellent question. I however, do not know the answer. It will be passed to the devs and GMs.

Thanks! b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Excellent question. I however, do not know the answer. It will be passed to the devs and GMs.

Thanks! b:pleased

this is the question i had been asking since event was announced, so *clap clap* for someone looking into it now, maybe in the future well actually get the full PW experience
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    At least you guys deserve a A+ for effortb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • darthpanda16
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It was looked into before. Admins and Mods won't reply to all posts, BUT all are read and issues tracked and reported.

We appreciate your input and opinions, but please try to keep a positive vibe, we're all in it to play and have fun! b:victory
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rr46f7.gif

pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It would be nice too, if the event is to stop the wraiths from doing something for real. Like trying to kill an NPC or enter to certain location.

If players stop them. Everybody gets reps and exps.b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I came into this assuming this was the real legion attack which was a shame since that attack would have given us lots of cool molds and badges not normally available.

Ehh I still have fun but it felt more like a GM clicking around spawning mobs I've already seen randomly than a real event. There were way too many spawns of the **** bosses from Cave of Sadistic Glee (those dont drop anything remotely good). I would have enjoyed more FB bosses of course.

There were times when the battlefield was littered with dead where I felt alot more free to move around lol. AOEing the **** out of a troop of 20 Striped Spider Kings was pretty fun.

Next time throw in a Harpy Wraith or any of the TW lvl 2 bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm -Have a computer that was made in the last 4 years or younger.

I think 4 years will have big problems in this game. Something from two years ago should be the minimum if you wanna run it any kinda decent. b:shocked

Especially for this big events. b:bye
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    < built my own computer so has parts at different ages. All of them relevent in any way to the performance of the game are less than 2 years old anyway.

Type and specs are more important than age. For example, my sound card is still more than enough for all my software but it's more than 2 years old.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hmmmm i stayed up t'ill 2 o clock midnight to be able to attend this event , thinking it was worth it

when i ws there we made a squad of some descend high lvl's of our guild to have higher chance to get drops

due to the high amount of ppl that were there we still managed to kill like 10-20 mobs and get the drops (so kill was ours)
    altho we had no mold , no book , i think one 3 star) basicly nothing worth it
    the exp wasn't worth it, the spirit wasn't worth it, no rep and i made nothing off of it , i died 2 times so thats about 80 k loss for angels

so actually i lost money :)

so this been said , lets see it more possitive

you GM's put up a great event , prolly put alot of work in it , more then we can imagine
    i really like the idea behind it , altho it would be so much more awesome if we could see them running towards is XD. and get some more drops offcourse
    ==> maybe u can change drop system ==> in stead of drops falling on the ground with these special event mobs , just let the mats go into squad members inventory , like one pants , or one ring , maybe one major boss gives books i dunno

so ty for this great event , altho i'm hoping the next event will be like this but less dissapointing ^^

btw : i the new wings aren't funny at all :^)
    maybe , just maybe if u give em for free i would wear them XD
    but that's a big maybe :p

and also , when is genie system coming out? b:sad really can't wait , dream about it every night b:chuckle
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so this been said , lets see it more possitive

you GM's put up a great event , prolly put alot of work in it , more then we can imagine
    i really like the idea behind it , altho it would be so much more awesome if we could see them running towards is XD. and get some more drops offcourse
    ==> maybe u can change drop system ==> in stead of drops falling on the ground with these special event mobs , just let the mats go into squad members inventory , like one pants , or one ring , maybe one major boss gives books i dunno

What type of work? Type two words and spawn some mobs, thats it. b:shocked

Then when the players show their dislike for the event, polls get rigged and a lot of threads get sent to the lower depths. b:bored

Things got really wierd last night. I don't understand why it was so serious for the G.M's to do what they did. People didn't like the event, try to improve next time and move on instead of all that ****?
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't get to see much of the event. There was so much lag and PKb:dirty at every gate that i didnt even get to see the mobs. Oh well, was fun having my hiero and doll stash get **** :D
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I thought the event had some great points, and some areas that could be improved.

I liked how the event sectioned off different parts of Arch for the different lvled mobs/players. The whole assault itself was a great idea and allowed players to interact and feel a greater unity while playing PW. The mobs that were there were fun to defeat/ die to (lol) and were also somewhat challenging.

Some things that I feel could use some work: Not to group the bosses all in once place. I saw 6 FB19 Bosses spring out of the same place, and it allowed all the players to be bunched up when attacking and made me lag horribly. It also allowed higher lvled players (or pkers) to AoE and kill the mobs (or players) faster, resulting in less fun for other people. >_<

And I'm sure people have posted about the drops and all. I don't really have a suggestion to fix that, sorry... >_<

Some suggestions I do have is to have a more detailed mission other than to defeat the waves of attack. Perhaps having the mobs actually try to get into the city would be fun...or prevent the mobs from destroying a certain thing inside the city...kinda like a territory war but with mobs instead of actual players. When the GMs said there was a general coming towards the south gate (although I didn't see it),it kinda perked my interest...that kind of idea was fun. Maybe you can expand on that?

If you did do something like a territory war thing, it would call for greater organization on the players part...but it would be pretty epic to see guilds working together to protect/defend/attack or whatever. But I guess that means you would have to give more time for people and their groups to plan what to do, you know?

I say that you guys have a fun idea...so just take and run with it. Make a story to go with it or something. XD Definite points for effort and a great start. =D

jaa,
    sano
  • SethReynolds - Sanctuary
    SethReynolds - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well considering I was only there for about 10 mins before I had to go to school (Australia ftw!) I noticed the major lag, well that cant really be helped much when there are a hell of a lot of players in the same area with a hell of a lot more animations from skills going on.
    I was not particulary impressed by the players spmming WC complaining about the event, the event had a predictable outcome, lots of players = lots of lag, blaming the GMs for your own problems is not the solution, I was considering using a tele in support of the GMs but I got disconnected lol.
    Main point is if something goes wrong thats caused by players, shouldnt the players fix it themselves? Like just leave if you dont like it? Its like complaing about food you dont like while still shoveling it in your mouth.