Enrage Hate

Options
JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Personally, i really wanted to join RoC when it was around, and now im trying to hit 80 to join Enrage. But why does everyone hate them? They are most infamous for PKing, so if you dont PK or DO PK and dont get killed by them, why the immense hatred for Enrage? Could this just be a few people hating them and the rest of the server following suit? Seriously, talk to an Enrage member, and 9 times out of 10 they will be really cool and helpful. But nooooooooooooo. Everyone assumes that they all are rotten and horrible people. I hated RoC when i first heard them, but then i got to know some members and found out that most of them were pretty chill. So be different, actually TALK to one or 2 and see what happens. :D
Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
Post edited by JiHuwing - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:scorn
    You sir, are mistaken. We are all horrible people with no souls.

Stop your childish lies about us being anything other than the scum of HT.

Now that my sarcasm is out of the way, let the fire begin. In before lock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    o.o you asked me to marry you after you killed me in swamp of wraiths and when i said yes you never got back with me on that...
    *TerrorBlades angry face that i cant remember how to do* you do too have souls!! *attacks defected with a pillow* <(',...,'<)
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Today I met a little girl in McDonalds who was holding onto a happy meal toy. I went up to her and slapped the toy out of her hand, stepped on it, then I spat in her eye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    -_- ok... everyone hate them... i dont care... I STILL WANNA JOIN THOUGH!!!!! *same evil face again*
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Enraged are loved.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I kill Kittens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Can I have a dime for every thread about Enrage that has been opened?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No,work for your millions.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Every time an Enrage post is made, Cat kills a kitty. And Hisui goes to McDonalds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Personally, i really wanted to join RoC when it was around, and now im trying to hit 80 to join Enrage. But why does everyone hate them? They are most infamous for PKing, so if you dont PK or DO PK and dont get killed by them, why the immense hatred for Enrage? Could this just be a few people hating them and the rest of the server following suit? Seriously, talk to an Enrage member, and 9 times out of 10 they will be really cool and helpful. But nooooooooooooo. Everyone assumes that they all are rotten and horrible people. I hated RoC when i first heard them, but then i got to know some members and found out that most of them were pretty chill. So be different, actually TALK to one or 2 and see what happens. :D

I have spoken to people from Enrage as well as I know the Leader. The Guild is not the issue, it is a select few with in the guild who have chosen to harass people. It has greatly affected people opinions about the guild, so let me explain why: When you have a Leader and and Director it is there job to insure the people in the guild uphold a certain Honor. The people of the guild represent the guild as a whole. Once you join a guild it no longer is about ME, MYSELF and I. When a person who joins a guild remains with the attitude *ME* they bring down the integrity of the whole guild. The Three Musketeer's had a famous saying "All for one, and one for all!", which is a perfect way to show how a guild should act. It is the Leaders and Directors job to weed the people out who choose to bring down the integrity of a guild, so their name is not drug through the dirt.

I have to say I knew the Leader of Enrage before he started his guild, and I truly enjoyed his company in FB's we did together, and would have never thought he would uphold or keep people who choose to do negative behavior and bring down the integrity of his guild. Tis, sad to say the least.

Now as for the word assume, It means: makes an ars out of you me to assume. I nor the people in HT are assuming anything, we have lived first hand the harassment from a select few in the Enrage guild.
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You are a person who misunderstands the purpose of our guild. There is nothing wrong with our leader or director.

The purpose of Enrage is to have fun. Its a guild where players can be themselves and not a boot camp.

In case you have forgotten THIS IS A GAME, its not real life. I dunno about you but while I may not always act like it I am an adult, I come on the game to have fun, not be told what to do by another player whose probably as old as my own son.

Its the thing that I like most about Enrage and that no other guild can come close to touching. We are all equals, we do what we find fun, and we arent treated to a dictatorship or someone trying to tell us what to do all the time.

To hell with reputation, if someone seriously cares about what a complete stranger thinks about them on an online game, then they need mental help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, the griefing people in Enrage's idea of "fun" is to ruin the game for everyone else.

The main reason for the current hate is that several high-level Enrage members decided to camp out on the oracle bosses, completely ignoring that others were actually forming a line and respecting that others than themselves needed the boss, and just killed the boss whenever it respawned. Even if someone was already attacking it.

For those who were 20, 30 or 40 levels lower, this meant that they had absolutely zero chance of getting their oracle done, while the Enrage members did it solely because they found that to be "fun". Those I've seen haven't even had the decency to be in PK mode to give people at least a chance.

And as we're human, and have a tendency to group people together by nationality or in this case by faction, Enrage as a whole gets a reputation for being inbred she-dogs. I mean, sure, I've only seen four or five behave like morons, but my opinion of Enrage is deeply negative now. When I think of Enrage, I think of people whose idea of "fun" is about the same as that kid who always would break your toys and pour sand on your food in the playground.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Cat,

For your information I am a 42 year old woman, married and mother of three daughters, so I most likely am twice your sons age, unless you are 75 and have a son 42. No one mentioned Dictatorship in any way nor did I say anything was wrong with your Leader. Enrage is more than welcome to run their guild anyway they see fit to do so, but keep in mind your defininition of fun that a select few have shown is NOT nor NEVER going to get a positive feedback.

Vanya
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately, the griefing people in Enrage's idea of "fun" is to ruin the game for everyone else.

Thats just Enrage catching the slack for everything because its easy to blame them. You do realize that Radiance was doing the exact same thing at the oracle bosses and even admited to it.

Let me quote for you:

Someone who was there when Rad was doing it:
    xinderbirx wrote: »
    Rony from radiance was KSing the spider and ToffeeApple taught him a lesson the noob ran so fast lol it was so funny b:victory

One of Rads Marshalls:
    Sorry in advance, but I'm not going to wait in line either. If you see me there, I suggest you go find something better to do for 1 hour and come back later. You're welcome to compete against me though.

Rads Directors answer when confronted with their guild KSing at oracle bosses:
    Once again, this is not KSing. It's a conflict of interest where the strongest or fastes will fulfill their task first. Charity is something to be appreciated, not expected.

Another Rad member confirming they allow KS there:
    since when were we advocating no KS? provide quotes.

and the list goes on. However Enrage are the bad guys there. Its okay when anyone else does it. But if Enrage does it, my god the world is coming to an end.

And to also add on that the Rad Guild Leader was even Banned yesterday for her shady TW actions. Last time I check our leader had never been banned for anything.

The difference is Enrage is man enough to own up to their actions and admit when we do something wrong, even if its because we enjoy the fact that we are doing something wrong.

Other guilds just try to cover their up their actions or make up lies so they dont look bad. Personally I prefer the people who are upfront and honest, not the ones acting shady and trying to cover up their actions just so they look better to the public.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Cat,

For your information I am a 42 year old woman, married and mother of three daughters, so I most likely am twice your sons age, unless you are 75 and have a son 42. No one mentioned Dictatorship in any way nor did I say anything was wrong with your Leader. Enrage is more than welcome to run their guild anyway they see fit to do so, but keep in mind your defininition of fun that a select few have shown is NOT nor NEVER going to get a positive feedback.

Vanya

To hell with reputation, if someone seriously cares about what a complete stranger thinks about them on an online game, then they need mental help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

edited March 2009
    Options
    Cat,

There you go again adding words. Never spoke about ones reputation. What I did say is the actions shown by a select few are not going to get a positive feed back for their negative behavior in the game.

Vanya
    edited March 2009
    Options
    In case you have forgotten THIS IS A GAME, its not real life.

I really don't want to get involved in this discussion, but this line makes me cringe whenever I see it. It is being used in approximately 100% of all cases by jerks as a cheap excuse for them behaving like jerks. Yes, it's a game, but don't ever forget that there are real people behind the pixels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I really don't want to get involved in this discussion, but this line makes me cringe whenever I see it. It is being used in approximately 100% of all cases by jerks as a cheap excuse for them behaving like jerks. Yes, it's a game, but don't ever forget that there are real people behind the pixels.

To hell with feedback, if someone seriously cares about what a complete stranger thinks about them on an online game, then they need mental help.

Happy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options

Im seldom a jerk to anyone, especially ingame. A ***** sometimes yes, a little arrogant yep. But who isnt occasionally and if you say you arent your only deluding yourself. Noone is perfect ALL the time. But 99% of the time I help whenever asked no matter by who and occasionally I even just go around helping out. I camp bosses to help newbs kill them when they come over. But noone ever speaks of these things.

But its not an excuse, yes there are real people behind the "pixels" but its still an imaginary world, filled with people that you will never meet in real life, and you cant worry about what they say or think.

If you take comments and actions to heart and let them affect you mentally or emotionally in real life from an online game, or if you feel in anyway that the game is real life, then you need to log off the game and find help before the situation becomes worse.( I say you as a generalized statement meaning anyone not you directly)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

edited March 2009
    Options
    To hell with feedback, if someone seriously cares about what a complete stranger thinks about them on an online game, then they need mental help.

Happy?

No. But don't worry, I don't care enough about you to feel sorry for you either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Cat,

Your hilarious, I just spit my coffee out all over my screen. Your acting like my 16 year old did, when I stopped her from talking to adult men through an online message company. *mom, oh please I looove him, he cares about me*.
    She tried over and over to justify her behavior, as you are doing. Plain and simple any person in a guild or not, when engaging in wrong behavior is at fault. It doesn't matter if in a game or a real life situation people are not going to sit back and accept negative behavior. Maybe the ones trying to justify negative behavior need to seek help.

Vanya
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Enrage has tons of kids. I just hate the fact that some break the rules being aware there may be a punishment. Nobody shall ever expect kids to act like mature and hating them for this reason is simply cruel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If I wanted to join your guild, acting how I always act, would you let me?
    No? Ok.
    What if there was a guild that liked me for who I was, didn't try to regulate my playstyle for a game I play for fun....should I join that faciton? I think that might be relevant to all of our interests.

Enrage is great because they allow all of us to play the game. Don't think of Enrage as a group of jerks; think of us as a group of people who do whatever we want since we are not being babysat. There are Enrage members who wait in line at oracle spawns. A small fraction of us are jerks. Most will give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. Hell, even I killed Chin about 30 times (70 times if you count the idiots who would lure him on me instead of trying to pk me, then tell the GM I did it) for random people asking as I did my pirate oracles.

I find it odd that the jerks in Enrage don't really care about how they are portrayed, yet everyone else on the server does. Do you guys think about us a lot?

Do I keep you ladies up at night? Please tell me I haunt your dreams.

I think I do...and it's oh so very hawt...my fantasy is coming true.b:embarrass

You guys are so angry. As I stated in another thread, generalizing the entire guild is bad. That's the mentality of a racist.

And telling others their way of having fun is wrong...that's the mentality of a bigot.

Saying only Enrage is doing what people are upset about....that's ignorant.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather be a jerk having fun than an angry ignorant racist bigot like the rest of the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Defected,

Nope can't say that I do dream about you or Enrage. As, I have stated before Enrage the guild is not the issue, it's a select few. The select few have chosen to take the TOS that PWI has set forth and spit on it. It doesn't matter whether a person is a child or an adult, they can display childish behavior, as these select few have shown. PWI didn't come up with the TOS, so people could take it and make there own rules up or shall I say amend the TOS to fit there style of game play. Rules are put into effect for a reason, to bring organization to a society whether it be an online game or real life.

Vanya
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If I wanted to join your guild, acting how I always act, would you let me?
    No? Ok.

The question I am really curious about is - if you are fully aware that what you do is pissing the vast majority of your fellow players off and would earn you a kick from almost every single guild out there... why are you doing it in the first place? Do you really consider it fun pissing others off?
    You guys are so angry. As I stated in another thread, generalizing the entire guild is bad. That's the mentality of a racist.

The word "racist" is entirely out of place in that context. A racist is someone who belittles someone on the ground of their genetic heritage. That's not the case here. You did admit yourself that people sanction you because of your _actions_, not because of our race.
    And telling others their way of having fun is wrong...that's the mentality of a bigot.

Wrong, that's way our society works. There is a range of actions it does consider acceptable and there is a range of actions that will earn you an arrest (if you are violating laws) or in cases where you don't violate written law but violate generally accepted behavior standards, people will socially sanction you. The later seems to be the case with you.

As for the "don't judge a guild by the actions of individual members"... Well, I am sorry to say, it's not that easy. If any organization tolerates non-accepted behavior amongst its ranks, it will fall back to the organization as a whole. For the simple reason that (like it or not) guilds are generally expected not to tolerate jerks in their ranks to be regarded as good guilds. Every guild has a choice what sort of behavior they accept and what not. It's in the end what the kick button is there for.

In the end, nobody can stop you from being what you are, but as you can see, people might take objection to your actions, even if you aren't technically violating any rule. And they will socially sanction it. You can either care about that or not, but you won't be able to change it. If you think a society in a computer game works any differently than in real life, you're mistaken. People do sanction jerks in real life, they will do the same in a game. It's the price you (and your guildies!) have to pay for your idea of fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Kimyrielle,

Very nicely put...

Vanya
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I wanted to share a little bit of interesting comments from my three daughters. I was talking to them about this and here are there responses:

Twins (Age 15):

Danielle: Anyone who feels it is oki to mistreat or break rules for the sake of doing so, are idiots. No one has a right to be mean to anyone.

KK: Now you see why I won't play the game, they feel because they sit behind a computer they all of a sudden become above the law. That's why I play sports and work hard in school.

Older Daughter (Age 17):

Ashley: Mom seriously, what you guys are doing show you have no life, maybe you should seriously think about involving yourselves in the reall life world and not in a game.

Wow, and these are the views of a childs mind. It Is really true, when they say, children only tell the truth, they don't sugar coat anything.

Vanya
  • tgrimm
    tgrimm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I don't normally post here because the forums are mostly flame fest but after reading this discussion I have to agree the time for actions are now the faction Enrage formerly ROC is nothing more than a large group of players who think they can behave in any manner they choose. I hate to break it to you but your actions are widely known by the majority of the server populace all you did was change the name to run away from the horrid image that ROC had brought upon itself. The actions and continued behavior of the select few in your faction are impacting and affecting the way the game is played by others this is a direct violation of the PWI'S TERMS OF SERVICE I believe it is now the time the gms address this issue this may not be a pay to play game like wow or evercrack but that does not mean that rules of social interaction and general courtesy should be ignored there are several factions in this game I would never even consider joining Enrage just happens to be one of them i have seen the horrid behavior firsthand and would never be a part of a faction that allows it to continue these select members area representation of your entire faction whether you want them to be or not. The reason your faction is as strong as it is is because it allows this kind of behavior most other factions would have thrown these members out and several have and the only place left for them is your faction. the other thing I would like to mention is this although this is a virtual world as Kimy stated there are real people behind the pixels and I'm sick of everyone using the line its just a game so it doesn't matter how I act. there is no reason to bring the worst concepts of the world into the virtual world just because we can. On a side note the TW system is so corrupt it will never recover so I will no longer participate in it
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Defected,

Nope can't say that I do dream about you or Enrage. As, I have stated before Enrage the guild is not the issue, it's a select few. The select few have chosen to take the TOS that PWI has set forth and spit on it. It doesn't matter whether a person is a child or an adult, they can display childish behavior, as these select few have shown. PWI didn't come up with the TOS, so people could take it and make there own rules up or shall I say amend the TOS to fit there style of game play. Rules are put into effect for a reason, to bring organization to a society whether it be an online game or real life.

Vanya

Please,if enrage members were taking the tos and spitting on it as you eloquently put it,those members would no longer be ingame.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Please,if enrage members were taking the tos and spitting on it as you eloquently put it,those members would no longer be ingame.

Actually, no. In the MMO's I've played, the GMs never enforce the rules for things like this very much, even though they are there. If they did go by the book, 50% of the playerbase would be banned right now.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91