This is sad.....

Nayiro - Sanctuary
Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Harshlands has been out for a month or so, maybe less, and there is already a lvl 79.

I've been playing this game since November and im only lvl 77.

You do the math.

This is sad D:

(on my part)
Back.
Post edited by Nayiro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Also sad on the part of the Harshlands 79
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just means he has no life lol

Also sad on the part of the Harshlands 79
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just means he has no life lol

Now now, maybe that individual is very proud of his status on Harshlands.
    If he is, we should congratulate him for a job well done.
    Our morales have no place in someone else' hard work be it in a game or not in a game.

Let's just congratulate him and move on...
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Now now, maybe that individual is very proud of his status on Harshlands.
    If he is, we should congratulate him for a job well done.
    Our morales have no place in someone else' hard work be it in a game or not in a game.

Let's just congratulate him and move on...

still shows he has too much free time on his hands though, no matter how you put it.
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It's cause of the recent event. He just bought a **** load of zen and sold it and used a bunch of oracles.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    oracle farming ftw..
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yeah but how many oracles did he buy? He is still lvling fast even after the event. wtf?

Can u stack training esotericas?
  • Kikisha - Sanctuary
    Kikisha - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    still shows he has too much free time on his hands though, no matter how you put it.
    We have no right to judge him/her on how much free time they have and/or how they spend that free time, IMO. If that's what makes him/her happy, then why not support him/her?
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    maybe it was a closed beta test char for the new server, or a developers char? or maybe he has no life but this game. if so then this game is his life and he is doing well as opposed to failing at the game which would equate to failing at life
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There are 2 79's in dreamweaver as well. b:mischievous

What's sad is seeing people pass judgment about how others spend their time without knowing the person or their circumstance. There are many reasons why people choose to spend time playing MMOs. Some people that play this game are disabled or ill with cancer. You just don't know what's going on in their life....give them a break b:victory
  • laterzz
    laterzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    LOL. you notice he/she is a veno right? so.. its no big suprise to me that he/she is that Lvl....same go for the veno on dreamweaver server.b:angry
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    laterzz wrote: »
    LOL. you notice he/she is a veno right? so.. its no big suprise to me that he/she is that Lvl....same go for the veno on dreamweaver server.b:angry

There's also a level 79 wiz on dreamweaver
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    that is a little excessive/obscene.. you need over 1 mil exp per lvl at 70+. and with 13-18k per book.. that either equates to a hell of a lot of gold, or some sort of bot or ****, because really, even on an exp scroll at higher lvl mobs, 24/7... it sjust really inconcievable to be that lvl in.. what, a month? has it even been a month yet?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Believe it not but there were folks who were just as high level in the same amount of time for the three original server sets. We just didn't have a rankings page for you to look them up back then. ;)

Side Note: Sure it's funny to hate on someone who spends more time in-game than real life. However, some people hate their jobs, or hate their situation in real life. That's no reason to mock them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Believe it not but there were folks who were just as high level in the same amount of time for the three original server sets. We just didn't have a rankings page for you to look them up back then. ;)

Side Note: Sure it's funny to hate on someone who spends more time in-game than real life. However, some people hate their jobs, or hate their situation in real life. That's no reason to mock them.
    After my Car accident (I rolled my car 7 times after missing a turn in wet conditions) I wasn't able to do much at all. Not even walk till the swelling in my back and neck went down (spinal chord damage). I spent a great deal of time playing Everquest. I was usually in game for 19-20 hours a day and leveled up 7 different characters to 80 during my rehabilitation time.

The amount of pain I was in was pretty severe but I was able to mostly forget about it for a while when playing.

People with different circumstances in life can have more or less time to play each day than you. People making any judgement's on them for it w/o knowing what their particular circumstances are is not only wrong, but arrogant.

As Xarfox said.. you don't know why they spend time in game or what their circumstances are, don't judge what you don't know about.

~Saitada
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    There's also a level 79 wiz on dreamweaver

Now that is IMPRESSIVE!

Having played wizards before, I know it is one of the toughest classes to play well and to level. Hats off to that wizard for showing the (perfect) world what is possible.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • xarfox
    edited March 2009
    After my Car accident (I rolled my car 7 times after missing a turn in wet conditions) I wasn't able to do much at all. Not even walk till the swelling in my back and neck went down (spinal chord damage).

The amount of pain I was in was pretty severe but I was able to mostly forget about it for a while when playing.

Hope you're back in better shape these days Saitada. (no pun intended) ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    After my Car accident (I rolled my car 7 times after missing a turn in wet conditions) I wasn't able to do much at all. Not even walk till the swelling in my back and neck went down (spinal chord damage). I spent a great deal of time playing Everquest. I was usually in game for 19-20 hours a day and leveled up 7 different characters to 80 during my rehabilitation time.

People with different circumstances in life can have more or less time to play each day than you. People making any judgement's on them for it w/o knowing what their particular circumstances are is not only wrong, but arrogant.

As Xarfox said.. you don't know why they spend time in game or what their circumstances are, don't judge what you don't know about.

~Saitada
    Ouch D:

But it's good to see that you're still spunky despite those obstacles :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Hope you're back in better shape these days Saitada. (no pun intended) ;)
    Yeah for the most part. I have some perm damage in my back and neck but not severe enough to prevent me from doing most things I enjoy. I'm limited on what kind of lifting I do but otherwise I can Surf, Sailboard, Kayak, Canoe, Fish and do other things as well.

~S
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    that is a little excessive/obscene.. you need over 1 mil exp per lvl at 70+. and with 13-18k per book.. that either equates to a hell of a lot of gold, or some sort of bot or ****, because really, even on an exp scroll at higher lvl mobs, 24/7... it sjust really inconcievable to be that lvl in.. what, a month? has it even been a month yet?

I have only been playing this game for less than 2 month and i am already have lvl 76, will be getting to 77 tmw when i wake up. now i have use a grand total of 1 exp scroll and.. 2-3 oracles from the jolly event so far since i started. i clock in quite a few hours a day but i am sure there are people dropping in an additional 2-3hr per day more than me and might not have anything else to do for the month so no days off where they play for only 1-2hrs. with that amount of play time, if u include some exp scrolls and oracles, u can easy lvl at twice my speed >.>
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Good thing you're still alive and well though, Saitada. b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • xarfox
    edited March 2009
    I have only been playing this game for less than 2 month and i am already have lvl 76, will be getting to 77 tmw when i wake up. now i have use a grand total of 1 exp scroll and.. 2-3 oracles from the jolly event so far since i started. i clock in quite a few hours a day but i am sure there are people dropping in an additional 2-3hr per day more than me and might not have anything else to do for the month so no days off where they play for only 1-2hrs. with that amount of play time, if u include some exp scrolls and oracles, u can easy lvl at twice my speed >.>

Next time there's a thread in General of people flaming PWI for being too cash shop dependent, would you mind stopping by? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009

~Saitada

That is not to good for the back sitting at pc for 20 hrs a day.I have back problem.I thought you could take someone from another server and transfer them.I still don't know how you do this.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Next time there's a thread in General of people flaming PWI for being too cash shop dependent, would you mind stopping by? ;)
    Rofl. people flaming PWI for being cash shop dependant? PWI is the one of VERY few MMORPG's that actually allow EVERYONE the same chance at getting ALL the cash shop items. Either with Cash, or through buying gold from other players with ingame coin.

All that aside, how do those whiners think the game stays running w/o a cash shop? Don't worry Xarfox... idiots like that are never satisfied. They want and expect everything in life to be free, and when reality comes down and slaps the **** out of them they will be left gaping like fish out of water wondering how their dreams were shattered and how life is so unfair because they were not handed that Mercedes they wanted instead of having to work for it etc.

~S
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009

i could as long as u keep it a secret that i keep hp+mp charm on me almost constantly b:chuckle charms, the lazy man's best friendb:laugh
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    That is not to good for the back sitting at pc for 20 hrs a day.I have back problem.I thought you could take someone from another server and transfer them.I still don't know how you do this.
    At the time of my accident, I was paralyzed from the upper waist down due to the severe swelling and the vertebrae injuries in my back and neck. I wasn't doing a lot of moving and the doctors were afraid I would never walk again as it was.

Someone who IS permanently paralyzed, also isn't going to do a lot of anything but sitting in a wheelchair or laying in a bed as they can't walk or run around like everyone else. What they choose to do after that is up to them. If they choose to spend time playing a game who's to tell them otherwise?

~Saitada

*edit* Thankfully for me my injures healed well enough for me to be able to do most things I want in life with only a few limitations. Many people who have incurred similar injuries are not as fortunate and never walk again. One gentleman that was in the hospital with me was one of them, his spine was shattered in a work related accident (he was a construction worker) severing his spinal chord. He will never be able to walk again unless medical science learns how to repair or bypass such injuries. I was lucky. And I am thankful everyday for that.

~S
  • dawndreamer
    dawndreamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Those guys are amazing but I only have few precious hours per day to play the game. And most of that is amidst distractions.

Xarfox, I love you and the cash shop. b:kiss My McDonald's money now goes to PWI, lessening my calorie intake and also giving me the ability to level at a decent rate and not neglect my beautiful children.

b:laugh Thanks to the PWI Cash Shop I've lost 20 lbs...... You can too if you just follow the simple step by step program as I have b:laugh

PayPal'er and Proud of it.

~Aya~
    Barbs should have a 50% HP reduction..... Mages should 2X mana cost increase...... BM's shouldn't be allowed to use weapons at all...... Archers should throw shoes and boots at the enemy..... Clerics should only be able to heal npc's.... Veno's should have a minimum of 5 phoenix's at level 1
    There, I balanced the game... You can thank me later.

TY Mr_Gripb:chuckle
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I am in Crimson on Harshlands. Mostly we do grind parties where we sit around and kill monsters for a few hours.

Dedication man... Dedication ;) We are trying to own all of the lands.
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    *edit* Thankfully for me my injures healed well enough for me to be able to do most things I want in life with only a few limitations. Many people who have incurred similar injuries are not as fortunate and never walk again. One gentleman that was in the hospital with me was one of them, his spine was shattered in a work related accident (he was a construction worker) severing his spinal chord. He will never be able to walk again unless medical science learns how to repair or bypass such injuries. I was lucky. And I am thankful everyday for that.

~S

That's why you won't find me getting on at people who log allot of times on games like this and others.

I'm not so bad off. I've only a thread of the primary ligament in my left leg (the anterior cruciate ligament for those who're curious or have the know how) I've also damaged both the medial and lateral meniscus in that leg as well. I can't run, I can't jog. No dancing, sports, or even standing and walking around for more than a couple hours.... things that people typically take for granted.

On top of being borderline disabled (People say I am but I hate the idea so fight thinking that way) I'm also jobless, just moved and with the economy the way it is it's unlikely I'll be able to find anything anytime soon. So all I do is bum around on my computer these days. (No job so I can't afford college fees)

So yeah... I'm not about to mock other people when I don't know their situation.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Having played wizards before, I know it is one of the toughest classes to play well and to level.

Wizard is one of the fastest classes to level if you dont mind buying things from the cash shop (ie charms and refines). Just find some mobs to grind on that you can 2 shot and theres plenty of spawns.