This is sad.....

Comments

• ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Why do you people Q___Q about someone being high level? for gods sake that person is not even on your server. That person played legibly to get to his / her level. The got there faster than you because he's smarter than you and has some $$ to spend on the game unlike you, a cheapskate.

Whining about it makes you a p****e. If you are jealous go jump of a cliff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have only played since January of this year and my lvl is 76 as of now. I did not use the last event items to get there either. This game is pretty easy to lvl in at least for me. I also can't play to much due to kids and other family think. I think it depends on the person as well as how much quality time that person spends grinding when quests run out.
    kristiona
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    haha nay i passed you in level ^^

on topic... yea i dunno how he did that
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Are the GM's monitoring the highest levels in this game? I mean, are they going invisible randomly and watching these players from time to time? People with computer science knowledge can do all types of things with games like this. I know for a fact because I am going to school for it. =/ It's always a possibility. lol

But he could just be rich off someone elses money and playing 24/7.

Or he could have some disability like Saitada said. b:bored
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    For what I have seen, for some people the only important thing is to level up.

For me enjoying trip is better than getting to the destination. I prefer to go slow for that reason.
    edited March 2009
    For what I have seen, for some people the only important thing is to level up.

Lol...no question about that. Were just questioning how the fk he did it.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Lol...no question about that. Were just questioning how the fk he did it.

Well, I'm just menioning it since the OP is using the word "sad". I would not be sad by any means.

Right now, at my level 58. I'm getting exausted of grinding (I know is gonna get way way worst). So, I'm focusing on other things like helping, farming, testing new fight strategies and so on.

I think at my current speed, I will level once per week.
  • Tamaska - Heavens Tear
    Tamaska - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It doesn't have to be that 'person' necessarily. I met a couple different characters that are played by multiple people. Like one works during the day, and the other works at night. So that toon is online pretty much 24/7.
    If you want something great, you've gotta be willing to bet it all. If you bet it all, you had better be prepared to lose.
    ~No Regrets
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    you do know account sharing is not allowed right? o.O
    edited March 2009
    It doesn't have to be that 'person' necessarily. I met a couple different characters that are played by multiple people. Like one works during the day, and the other works at night. So that toon is online pretty much 24/7.

Yeah I forgot about that. Thats actually the most likely scenario...the char is just multi'ed.
  • Tamaska - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    @Devarsi
    lol Theres a lot in this game that isn't allowed. That doesn't mean that people arent going to do it. Especially something like that, when as long as your not an idiot, there is no possible way for anyone to know the difference.
    If you want something great, you've gotta be willing to bet it all. If you bet it all, you had better be prepared to lose.
    ~No Regrets
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    Tomato - Dreamweaver Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I forgot about that. Thats actually the most likely scenario...the char is just multi'ed.

I don't understand....why do you say that? What do you think is an acceptable level to be at by now without people thinking they're cheating somehow?
  • Tamaska - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    @Tomato
    It doesn't HAVE to be 'cheating'. But I wouldn't mind knowing since it may help me get a bit of a boost in the future, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. lol
    ~No Regrets
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    you do know account sharing is not allowed right? o.O

Ups, I did not know that. So, my wife cannot log in on my character?

LOL, if I tell her that, she would suspect something is going on. b:laugh
  • Tamaska - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Ups, I did not know that. So, my wife cannot log in on my character?

LOL, if I tell her that, she would suspect something is going on. b:laugh

haha You and a lot of other couples I'm sure. *wink* b:chuckle
    ~No Regrets
    edited March 2009
    He just got 80 I think. O_o
    I don't understand....why do you say that? What do you think is an acceptable level to be at by now without people thinking they're cheating somehow?

It's something. It's almost inhuman the way he's leveling. One person can't just sit there all day 20+ hours non-stop...even whoring 50% esotericas. Bot or multi is the most likely scenario.

If he's still using oracles then he must be related to Bill Gates or something.

-edit- And same goes for most of the top 10.
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    He just got 80 I think. O_o

It's something. It's almost inhuman the way he's leveling. One person can't just sit there all day 20+ hours non-stop...even whoring 50% esotericas. Bot or multi is the most likely scenario.

If he's still using oracles then he must be related to Bill Gates or something.

It's not just one person, there are 3 that are level 79+ on the 2 servers. And others that are not far behind. I've been in guilds where people don't sleep for days just so they can be at the top of the server. Some people are very competitive =)
    edited March 2009
    Nah you can think that all you want but I've played enough of these games to know that if it seems like bs, it probably is.

And competitive has nothing to do with it. A person still has to sleep, eat and ****. I started 5 days after the server opened and I'm getting about a level and 1/2 a day right now. I also have some nice items in my warehouse from doing FB19 - 29 solo and wined FB39 runs here and there. =D I consider that pretty competitive. What he is doing is not human. :S
  • Free - Harshlands
    Free - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not that problematic, go spend $$$ of cash on event, get 1ks of oracles , make u easy 5x to 6x in 1 day(just restricted to ppl in line at oracle miniibosses), going on on that for few days pushs u to the 7x, and if u add a constant playing of 15+ hours with miji with a good group of ppl u solved it. U can also skip that oracle party with the $$$$ of cash, but then u should have played from first day 15+ hours with heavy miji grind rounds, skip alot of quests, due to grinding, spend alot of charms due to zhenning and need a good supporting guild. Well but this doesnt bring u to 79 but with that u should be at mid 70s
  • Tomato - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Nah you can think that all you want but I've played enough of these games to know that if it seems like bs, it probably is.

And competitive has nothing to do with it. A person still has to sleep, eat and ****. I started 5 days after the server opened and I'm getting about a level and 1/2 a day right now. I also have some nice items in my warehouse from doing FB19 - 29 solo and wined FB39 runs here and there. =D I consider that pretty competitive. What he is doing is not human. :S

Like I asked before, what do you think is the acceptable level to be at that's considered human?
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It's pretty crazy to see all those level 70's on the list. I started playing the new server as soon as it opened, and even though I spend all my free time playing, I still find myself behind in levels.

I'm not angry at those people for leveling up faster then me, but I'm slightly angry at the Jolly event for letting people "buy" levels. It's one thing to make a ton of in-game money by selling cash shop items, or being a "better" player by using charms, dolls, and training scrolls. But in my opinion, real life money should NOT translate to levels. And being able to spend 100 bucks on dolls/oracles, and getting to level 70 after 3 weeks seems really unbalanced to the game state.

But whatever, it's done and over with. I'll stop complaining now. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Given the number of Scrolls and Oracles actively in the auctions before this event even started, using money to buy exp was never far from the truth. Just not quite to the same degree as this.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Like I asked before, what do you think is the acceptable level to be at that's considered human?

Anyone who is higher level than you spends too much time playing and needs to get a life.

Anyone who is lower level than you is a clueless n00b who needs to learn how to play the game.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Anyone who is higher level than you spends too much time playing and needs to get a life.

Anyone who is lower level than you is a clueless n00b who needs to learn how to play the game.

haha XD
    exactly all u clueless n00b stop QQing about people being higher lvl than u areb:laugh

FYI:literature, i average a play time of around 8-10hr per day and it takes under 2 month for lvl 76. i used 1 exp scroll and 2 oracle from jolly. have someone who plays 12-15 hrs per day (6-8hrs of sleep, 1-2hr of food and other bodily needs)
    burn a few hundred exp scrolls, go through 400 oracles using like $100 u get a lvl 79 char in under 1 month.
    not to mention this is my 1st time playing ANY version of perfect world, i started as a completely clueless n00b and hit 76 in under 2month. an experienced player can probably cut down 10-20% of the time i wasted because i didnt know what to do.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    haha XD

FYI:literature, i average a play time of around 8-10hr per day and it takes under 2 month for lvl 76.

I wish I could toob:laugh
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    On the topics of being "cash shop dependent" This game is sooooo not. On my BM I AoE in 1 hour intervals, and in that hour i make a good 300-350k pure profit, and that's only on 200k HP and 100k MP damage on my charms, you do that math, that can keep me going for a very long time, and still make a profit.

Also, Dev, I can only play during the weekends, and only an hour a day during the weekdays b:surrender

Also, for the record, i was saying that it was sad on my part, i was NOT flaming the dude on Harshlands.

Also, Axe BM levels faster then a Veno with 'Nix.
    Back.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Believe it not but there were folks who were just as high level in the same amount of time for the three original server sets. We just didn't have a rankings page for you to look them up back then. ;)

Side Note: Sure it's funny to hate on someone who spends more time in-game than real life. However, some people hate their jobs, or hate their situation in real life. That's no reason to mock them.

Some just like playing video games...a lot. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    When I was 14, I accused somebody of cheating at a game because he would regularly wipe the floor with everybody else. It turned out he was just that good, which means I was just a whiny little brat with an inferiority complex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited March 2009
    When I was 14, I accused somebody of cheating at a game because he would regularly wipe the floor with everybody else. It turned out he was just that good, which means I was just a whiny little brat with an inferiority complex.

lol but I'm not the one who made the thread. I'm not 14 either, I'm 20.

But you NEVER see this guy in town, never pking, never in a shop...nothing. He just sits there for 15 hours a day grinding, goes to sleep, wake up and does it again? Yeah right.

They say some people can do that but it's not true. They are usually cheaters.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol but I'm not the one who made the thread. I'm not 14 either, I'm 20.

But you NEVER see this guy in town, never pking, never in a shop...nothing. He just sits there for 15 hours a day grinding, goes to sleep, wake up and does it again? Yeah right.

They say some people can do that but it's not true. They are usually cheaters.

the fact of the matter is, there are people who can do that. just like there are people who actually die while playing video games because they are so addicted to it. besides u dont need to grind 15 hrs a day. grind for 2-3hrs, go find some friend for an FB or 2. grind another 2hr, do some oracles or quests. another 2hr grinding. i may play 8-10hr a day, i dont grind for more than 3-4 hrs a day on average. a large portion of the time is spent on traveling to FBs, doing TT, helping members with bosses etc.

u dont pk if u want to be the highest lvl on a new server, u dont stay in town if u want to be the highest lvl u drop by turn a quest in, pick up pots, sell loot, u are gone, a few min max. why bother setting up shop? chances are hes buying gold so hes got the money he needs anyway.
    keep in mind for some people, grinding so u can lvl up faster IS fun. just like for some people they enjoy studying/doing homework. people have different tastes, they act differently, just because u cant do it doesnt mean there isnt someone who can.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.