Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    but i want TT80/90 lol

90 does not require 80 or 70 to make, its just straight 90 mats.

The exception is gold items, which is up to you if you're rich enough to buy the mats and/or farm em.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    what about 80 >_>
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    what about 80 >_>

The only usefull HH armors at 80, are the HH80 gold armors. They are extremely expensive to make though, cause each piece requires 2 gold mats (which have an extremely low drop rate, and sell for roughly 2.5 mill each) and 10 normal mats to make. On top of that they auto bind when you equip them, so you can't sell them when you reach 90 and get HH90.

Being so close to 90, most people choose to leave those alone and just use molders and 3* armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Azelyn - Heavens Tear
    Azelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Can someone please tell me why Barbs and BMs (MELEE classes) get long ranged attacks that make kiting them completely obsolete? Anyone?
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    wait so how much does TT90 armor cost together?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wait so how much does TT90 armor cost together?

3.5m~ for each piece(top, bottom, sleeves, boots).

i wont even estimate the amount to refine/gem it properly.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    ok yeah i give up ima just buy normal three star armor and gem/refine it
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    90 does not require 80 or 70 to make, its just straight 90 mats.

I think you were correct about 90 green, but I thought 90 gold could only be made by upgrading 80 gears?
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Llama by telling this, I didint saw that only TT 90 mats need for green one...but I already have buoght mats for TT 70 boots...oh well still bete rthan the 1 start lvl 66 wiuth 3 elements...

I gave up fro the gold one bc I aw a TT 90 material starting bid from 8 million...and still no mattter what gears you have still u cna be killed easily...
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think you were correct about 90 green, but I thought 90 gold could only be made by upgrading 80 gears?
    The exception is gold items, which is up to you if you're rich enough to buy the mats and/or farm em.
    Uh, yeah? He said that.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    drag0nball wrote: »
    Thanks Llama by telling this, I didint saw that only TT 90 mats need for green one...but I already have buoght mats for TT 70 boots...oh well still bete rthan the 1 start lvl 66 wiuth 3 elements...

I gave up fro the gold one bc I aw a TT 90 material starting bid from 8 million...and still no mattter what gears you have still u cna be killed easily...

Not really. I have 8K pdef buffed.

When you get 90 and understand your class, you will be much harder to kill. WR and WB only tickle. EP aren't so bad either, only threat is pheonix still but even then if you're lucky you can tank it some times.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    when/if you make it to 9x and get that ungodly armor, you'll see that everybody is balanced. especially the light and arcane. with the bonuses you can gain from different armors and other items, you can have the same - if not more - pdef than someone wearing light armor, with about 30% more mdef.

that means you'll have all the pdef of light armor and the attack force of a full int. gg pandora.

hahaha.
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So Llama u saying you have TT gold armor?
    Andhow can have so much P def I still cannot understand...I can't belive those armor have so much??My gears are quite good and some fo them are TT but I have about 468 Ph def basic at lvl 82? Ok around 1,2 k buffed but it is far low than 8 k.
    And Forp, for those ungodly armors u mean the TT or the rank ones?
    I aint trushing to lvl 90 though...I think I wait a while and come back to play when the prices gone low in Sanctuary as well and buy only after than:P
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    LLama's pdef necklace/belt are +5/6 and all of his gear has flawless/beautiful garnet shards. He's doing it right though, that's how you unlock a mages power, 90+, full int, pdef + refines. his 3% crit ring it pretty nice too >_>
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    would be nice if Llama and Pandora would record their gameplay the next time they go pking.. could learn alot :)
  • poorteg
    poorteg Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Which is the better sleeve to use? LvL legendary light sleeve of tt90 light sleeves?

Lvl 78 give more hp and phys defense while tt90 add dex and 50 more magic resist?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    when/if you make it to 9x and get that ungodly armor, you'll see that everybody is balanced. especially the light and arcane. with the bonuses you can gain from different armors and other items, you can have the same - if not more - pdef than someone wearing light armor, with about 30% more mdef.

that means you'll have all the pdef of light armor and the attack force of a full int. gg pandora.

hahaha.

And yet no HP at all.

Pdef is great but it's **** without the HP pool to back it up. If light armor stoned pdef and robe caught up to them you're right - there would be no reason to stat light armor. But if you're light armor and you stone pdef you're ****. You stone HP and that's where the difference is.

So you have 60% selfbuffed reduction like I do. Great. You get hit for 10k worth of damage, goes down to 4k for both of us.

But I still survived and you didn't.

And that's the problem with robe. You can almost catch the pdef of light but you sacrifice our HP stones to do it. So no, you do not have "similar survivability" as a light mage - you're not even close. Not even vaguely close. Judging by Llama's signature, it seems that full int and light armor still do basically the same amount of damage, and so there's really still no reason to roll robe.

If you want to misguide people and make them think robe is viable then by all means, make your own guide. But mine's here to actually help.
    Lvl 78 give more hp and phys defense while tt90 add dex and 50 more magic resist?

I use it because it puts me over 100 dex - thus giving me a % of crit. On top of that, if you upgrade hh90 gear you get more hp from it than if you upgraded a lower level gear, which means in the long run it adds more HP too. Def mods are worthless for light armor.
    I'm so sorry.

-Sincerely pure int Mage

Me too.

-The mage who's shadow you'll never get out of, no matter what you spam while I'm at work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Not really. I have 8K pdef buffed.

When you get 90 and understand your class, you will be much harder to kill. WR and WB only tickle. EP aren't so bad either, only threat is pheonix still but even then if you're lucky you can tank it some times.
    Pdef helps you only this much.

|---
    |

It's wizards like yourself that get pwnd by a phoenix, do you know why? the bleed will tick you for 2k damage per minute. What's your HP @ a lolable 4k?

Without HP in this game you are nothing but a 1 shot for any chosen class.
    What good is your damage if you can't take a hit and live to strike back? Hmmm?

Triple fury + Deadlyshot = bye bye robes, any day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    So what your saying:

diminish half your matk, hit the same as robes?
    have same pdef, still outlive robe?
    have same/lower hp, still outlive robe?

fully buffed: 66% pdef reduction, 75% mdef reduction, and 5.3k hp; while hitting full damage. i don't see the flaw. after 90 staying light armor is pointless, you're just too afraid of archers to switch back.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So what your saying:

fully buffed: 66% pdef reduction, 75% mdef reduction, and 5.3k hp; while hitting full damage. i don't see the flaw. after 90 staying light armor is pointless, you're just too afraid of archers to switch back.

Are you ****?

What I was saying is that light armor has more HP than robes. To get to light armor's pdef, robes use pdef stones. Light armor doesn't use pdef stones because of diminishing returns, we use HP stones. That means light armor and full int have the same amount of con - but light armor has hp stones and full int doesn't.

"same/lower hp"? Light armor gets way more HP than robe because of our stones. Not to mention the fact that upgrading light armor gives a much bigger HP bonus than upgrading robes.

You must be ****.

This isn't even knowledge of the game or anything like that. "BOTH BUILDS HAVE 5 CON. ONE BUILD GETS STONES THAT ADD HP. ONE DOESN'T. THE SAME BUILD THAT GETS HP STONES ALSO GETS A BETTER UPGRADE TO HP MODIFIER. DURR... SAME HP RIGHT??" This is simple common sense.

You're ****.

I now see what happens when I step away from the mage forums for a month. Christ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    are you ****?

so now mages have to use pdef gems to get the same pdef as light armor? you could invest a bit into pdef jewelery. it'll help in the long run. did you forget about +% pdef reduction? that goes as high as +3%. besides, anyone in their right mind adds hp gems anyways.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    are you ****?

so now mages have to use pdef gems to get the same pdef as light armor? you could invest a bit into pdef jewelery. it'll help in the long run. did you forget about +% pdef reduction? that goes as high as +3%. besides, anyone in their right mind adds hp gems anyways.

I think what she meant is that refined arcane gear have lower HP gain than light. I have never checked it... is that it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    yes, that's very true. but he claimed gems are the reason our hp is so low - which i know is false, because an int mage can wear hp gems all the same.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    are you ****?

Eh, you are ****. You're saying Arcane has the same pdef as Light Armor... just because of pdef necklace/belt? Did you forget LA can use those too? Do you not comprehend the difference between Arcane and LA gear?

And no, if you're arcane, you're not right in your mind if you ONLY use HP stones, it makes you an easy kill for any physical class. We're not clerics, we don't have any shell skill. Go back to your own forums?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Light armor always uses elemental jewelery, simple as that.

Just because you don't know how to up your defense without gems doesn't mean everybody else is as close minded as you.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Light armor always uses elemental jewelery, simple as that.

Just because you don't know how to up your defense without gems doesn't mean everybody else is as close minded as you.
    ...again, LA can use the same gear as Arcane. Unless you're going to use might rings, lol. And Light Armor always uses elemental jewelry? Which idiot told you that?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Why in the hell would light armor use pdef jewelery? They have enough. They're lacking in a lot of mdef, they need the extra. Just like robes wearing mdef jewelery, it doesn't make any sense.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Why in the hell would light armor use pdef jewelery? They have enough. They're lacking in a lot of mdef, they need the extra. Just like robes wearing mdef jewelery, it doesn't make any sense.
    Robe = MDEF
    Light = midway
    Heavy = PDEF

Light Armor can wear ANY kind of jewelry, it depends on your own preference and the available jewelry for your level. It does make sense. And no, you don't have enough pdef without the jewelry. I have a little under 3.7k pdef self buffed with mdef jewelry. A little under 4.4k with pdef jewelry. It makes a huge difference in pvp. 5% in actual pdmg reduction. Considering you're mostly fighting Archers/BMs/Barbs, I'll take the pdef jewelry any day.

Besides, mdef? Most archers won't target you with metal skills anyway, and if they do it won't give them that much of an advantage. Clerics? They'd **** you over with plume shot anyway, and IMO clerics aren't worth fighting as a wizard unless you've got 2 sparks ready. Same goes for other wizards. Arcane wizard vs arcane wizard is fail anyway. Not that wizards are that common anyway.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Yeah ok. You can go pdef your light armor and I'll 1 hit you with my magic. I don't care. I'm not the one setting myself up to fail.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So what your saying:

If your calling people afriad they could say the same about u hiding on a pve server where pk is nearly not ever happening. If there was a phenoix wielding veno trying to pk would you run? I sure would unless i got pk pots. I am not saying your afriad just saying you dont understand the culture on pvp servers. There is a butt load of archers on pvp server probably the most numerous class you will face them if you want to or not. Now im not advocating arcane or light but light does give you the higher hp pool even higher lvl arcane wiz will tell you the same. Accessories are a given since as light you try to get both types not evasion. Refining light does give more hp then arcane bearly any dif but light does. Damage isnt cut in half at 90 you should have 272 magic, 94 str, 94 dex you are missing out on 134 magic points by not going arcane 272+134=406. 406/2 = 203 so 272 is not half of arcane in terms of damage. Now i dont get how 134 magic points only equals 200ish damage to Pandora but if he believes so and tested it good for him. I will try it when im 90 on my wiz alt both builds although it will take me a couple months b:surrender. Cleric has always had advantage over wizard but are you telling me that as a robe cleric b4 90 you've never ran into a archer who used aim low on you so far out that you cant cast anything to attack him? Sure you can try to outheal for eight seconds but then he sparks and he just uses stunning arrow and regular shoots you to death or as other archers will tell you tap the keyboard with your feet (roll face on keyboard, etc) -.- . PK on a pk server happens when your fighting mobs, doing bosses, flying around doing wq, etc being prepared for it and experiencing is what people live for on pvp server. Believe what you want but dont throw random "facts" out there and try to say its the truth. BTW Pandora is a guy -.- and he played a archer so he knows what kinda bish they can be to him.
This discussion has been closed.