Veno's bramble hood got nerfed?! wtf?

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    <3 flesh ream.

@saitada, level a nix to 80, get level 5 flesh ream, and you'll see it does a ton of damage.
    It already does a ton at lvl 4. IMO it is OP w/o the PvP reduction.

~S
  • BlitzBlader - Lost City
    BlitzBlader - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    A LC veno has spoken.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Putting bash on a phoenix makes perfect sense. You know why? Bash is NOT flesh ream. That is why.

When I pvp, I want a fight!

It's not about winning its about HOW you win. When I kill people I humiliate them as much as possible by not using my advantages or any overpowered moves. They can't stand it when I kill them like that and that's what I love.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    A LC veno has spoken.

An LC veno started this thread too...
    Putting bash on a phoenix makes perfect sense. You know why? Bash is NOT flesh ream. That is why.

It's not about winning its about HOW you win. When I kill people I humiliate them as much as possible by not using my advantages or any overpowered moves. They can't stand it when I kill them like that and that's what I love.

I see what you're saying. I killed a few people yesterday using no pet, it was a lot of fun. For some reason they just kept trying to hit through the stacked heals from the priest behind me, it didn't work out too well for them.
    However, I like to be a factor in group pvp, and well...the nix helps a lot for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    <3 flesh ream.

@saitada, level a nix to 80, get level 5 flesh ream, and you'll see it does a ton of damage.

@zoe, i don't get a lot of your decisions, and getting bash on a nix makes no sense either

Yes I use flesh ream all the time in pvp, because it works great. And a lot of the time, I don't do damage myself. If i purge, nix does flesh ream, I amp while nix keeps attacking, a lot of the time the person is dead before I get back to caster form. It just happens that way sometimes.

I have to agree 110% bash on a Nix is just silly, unless nerfing yourself/pet is your goal. The Pounce it has, actually compliments it's skill set, and the general use the Nix is meant for anyways. And Pulling aggro from a properly leveled Nix is almost impossible.

I understand Zoe liking to fight w/o a pet. And I respect that. I dunno, I guess we all have our own way of doing things. And who are we to say, a style other than ours is wrong. Continue on folks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Phoenix has 3 skills when you get it. Its 4th will be bash, I'm not losing what it already has. Unless you have a better idea for a high damage skill that's NOT flesh ream.

Edit: Got my phoenix!
    Main characters
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    all these posts still makes it a bit vague for me ?
    SHould i get bramble hood or not ? Or do i waste sp points ?
    Is it working in normal PVE ??
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009

too bad you've never been white named, and winning in a duel doesn't mean ****. make another shop please, i like buying your unimaginably under priced items and reselling for the real street value.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    too bad you've never been white named, and winning in a duel doesn't mean ****. make another shop please, i like buying your unimaginably under priced items and reselling for the real street value.

Oh I have been, no one to kill so it got boring fast. As I've said before this isn't the only version of PW I've gotten to a good level on. Got my phoenix anyway its not like anyone will stand a chance against me. Winning a duel means more than random pk. Beating someone when they are fully prepared for you means a heck of a lot more than randomly killing them from behind when they are doing something else.

I also know that no one would bother reselling my stuff since I don't price it low enough for that to be worth it. My phoenix is named Wright and it objects to your stupidity.

@Morayine

Yes, get hood. It will save your butt.
    Main characters
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Oh I have been, no one to kill so it got boring fast. As I've said before this isn't the only version of PW I've gotten to a good level on. Got my phoenix anyway its not like anyone will stand a chance against me. Winning a duel means more than random pk. Beating someone when they are fully prepared for you means a heck of a lot more than randomly killing them from behind when they are doing something else.

I also know that no one would bother reselling my stuff since I don't price it low enough for that to be worth it. My phoenix is named Wright and it objects to your stupidity.

@Morayine

Yes, get hood. It will save your butt.

And then there is the real pvp which you havent apparently done. Meaning both are out of safe, prepared and fighting full on with charms. Charms make a big difference and thats where you need some skills and sense to beat when even lvls. you just cant bash buttons like in duels.

Dont generalize pvp to the ganking of noobs or otherwise weak losers who cant kill something of their own lvl.

Duels mean nothing. They are good to train for pvp and to give some pointers,but thats it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Duels mean nothing. They are good to train for pvp and to give some pointers,but thats it.

Mmm.. disagreeness.

Duels are the truest representation of PvP. Charms don't work, everyone is prepared.

The best duellers are the best PvPers.

Duels aren't the most common sort of PvP though, which is why they tend to get disregarded.

In a perfect world (har har), there would be more duels and less PK-type PvP. But play with the cards you're given... so yeah.

Frankly, late game normal PvP gets kinda boring once you start fighting against holy barbs with HP charms, or clerics with charms.. or anything with 8jun and a charm.

Yeahh.. duels are a better sort of PvP, and a better indication of who the better PvPer is.. but it's too different from the more common PvP to be much use.

I kinda wish duelling was integrated into the game more.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I disagree with duels being the "truest representation of pvp". Duels RESTRICT you from using items which means someone is getting a handicap.

Any class with high hp is handicapped in duels considering that lots of low hp classes can get 1 hit in arcane/light armor where a charm couldn't save them BUT one hitting a barb is almost impossible so if you restrict the class with high hp from using a charm that is better used on high hp characters, you are now handicapping them.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    I disagree with duels being the "truest representation of pvp". Duels RESTRICT you from using items which means someone is getting a handicap.

Any class with high hp is handicapped in duels considering that lots of low hp classes can get 1 hit in arcane/light armor where a charm couldn't save them BUT one hitting a barb is almost impossible so if you restrict the class with high hp from using a charm that is better used on high hp characters, you are now handicapping them.

You're looking at it all wrong..

Duels don't gimp barbs, they level the playing field.

High level barbs with charms are just ridiculous. They're not gonna die in normal PvP unless they get ganked. They're rather overpowered.. dueling makes it fair.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    You're looking at it all wrong..

Duels don't gimp barbs, they level the playing field.

You just contradicted yourself.
    High level barbs with charms are just ridiculous. They're not gonna die in normal PvP unless they get ganked. They're rather overpowered.. dueling makes it fair.

That means if a barb CAN'T use a charm, it gimps him because it's making them worse than they can be.

Sure, I do think they are overpowered but that doesn't change the fact that if you take the charm off a barb he's getting handicapped because he's better with charms.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So, to get this straight: HP/MP charms don't trigger in duels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    That's correct, they won't go off in duels.
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I hit Bramble when pulling Forshura in HH... >>

I don't care if it reflects I just like the 75% dmg reduction...

It's almost the WF turtle. :3
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I hit Bramble when pulling Forshura in HH... >>

I don't care if it reflects I just like the 75% dmg reduction...

It's almost the WF turtle. :3

b:chuckle GO Kuschel!!!!
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    With bramble not working in pvp, the skill is so useless they might as well just delete it... so stupid

What the hell I wanna quote the guy above me but it keeps making me quote Ren...

Either way...

If Sillyfoo is Envy... don't talk to me. x.o

• ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Mmm.. disagreeness.

Duels are the truest representation of PvP. Charms don't work, everyone is prepared.

The best duellers are the best PvPers.

Duels aren't the most common sort of PvP though, which is why they tend to get disregarded.

In a perfect world (har har), there would be more duels and less PK-type PvP. But play with the cards you're given... so yeah.

Frankly, late game normal PvP gets kinda boring once you start fighting against holy barbs with HP charms, or clerics with charms.. or anything with 8jun and a charm.

Yeahh.. duels are a better sort of PvP, and a better indication of who the better PvPer is.. but it's too different from the more common PvP to be much use.

I kinda wish duelling was integrated into the game more.

I disagree that duels show who is better pvper, most who win in duels cant do it in open pvp. Simply because they dont know how to overcome charms or how to chain their attacks to that 10sec window to kill the enemy. Or they simply lack dmg. If a person can win in duel,he should win in open pvp then too according to your description. However in 90% cases i've met this is never the case.

But its a matter of opinion i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • relek
    relek Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I see alot of QQing over something that made Veno's basically untouchable by melee classes in pvp. As much as you want to believe that forum crybabies were the reason the skill was changed, you're wrong. How does it sound fair that a BM comes up and hits you for 400 and takes 800 himself, on top of the damage your pheonix and spells are doing? Venos just used it as an anti-pvp shield anyway. I'm personally very glad that it got nerfed. Live with it, or quit, those would be your simple options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Actual screenshot taken in game.

IGN: Relek
    Server: Lost City

PVE Is for Cowards b:surrender
    PVP is for the Cool people b:cool
  • tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't mind if they reduced it but I do agree double damage back is way too much.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    What the hell I wanna quote the guy above me but it keeps making me quote Ren...

Either way...

If Sillyfoo is Envy... don't talk to me. x.o

Pft... im way cooler then envyb:quiet. Dont tell envy b:avoid.

Seriously though nope im not envy and envy is pretty helpful on forumsb:victory.
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if they reduced it but I do agree double damage back is way too much.

That's the point of it taking 2 sparks...

That's like saying...

"Take away the curse effect from the WR dragon... not only does it nuke you, you have to take even MORE dmg from anyone attacking!!"

It's called an ulti for a reason.

>>

ALSO:

Not ALL WF have a phoenix, contrary to popular belief. Why the hell does everyone QQ on the forums about skills, and all I see is next to the word "venomancer" I see "with a phoenix" ...

Get over it... not everyone has one.

>>

• tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    Curse and reflect are completely different though. Melee has to actually hit the person to gain the benefit of curse and ANY class can either run away or use a skill to just make it useless.

Reflect for melee is impossible to get around (BMs/Barbs) unless we wait it out which STILL just as bad as getting double damage reflected at us because the veno isn't gonna just stand there while we wait the effect out.
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    So... do what I do when playing a WR...

Wait for the WF to tap Bramble, then Stunlock them...

Wastes their time...

Or kill their pet lmao.

Most of the time they don't want their pet to do so the WF will heal it, and it just burns the time off...

• tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    You're fighting crappy **** venos then. It's not as easy as oh just "stunlock them" they'll be using apoth items aswell.

If you're killing their pet that means they're still fighting you and you gotta wait 15 seconds to attack back? Seriously what crappy venos were you fighting? 15 seconds is enough time for a good veno to down a BM, probably not a barb but still 15 seconds compared to curses 6 seconds. 2.5x longer
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes, dueling and open PvP are completely different considering you know what you're up against when dueling and in open PvP you get ambushed by rocks falling out of the sky unexpectedly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    You're fighting crappy **** venos then. It's not as easy as oh just "stunlock them" they'll be using apoth items aswell.

If you're killing their pet that means they're still fighting you and you gotta wait 15 seconds to attack back? Seriously what crappy venos were you fighting? 15 seconds is enough time for a good veno to down a BM, probably not a barb but still 15 seconds compared to curses 6 seconds. 2.5x longer

Yeah...

We save our pots for TW. That's where it matters... unless you're **** with too much money/time and can just have 4547546556 pots.

And it really is as easy as stunlock them... o_O

I can't even remember the name of the skills, but the one that stuns and deals dmg first... then the AoE stun when that runs out so you're not dealing/taking any more dmg, gives your heiro a chance to tick and regen a bit, then yeah... go after their pet... If it's a Phoenix hell yeah they don't want it to die... >_>

People are pretty stupid, you know? o:

• tatakairyu
    edited March 2009
    Ok, I don't know what level of pvp you're talking about but when you get up there, they aren't all as dumb as you make them out to be.
This discussion has been closed.