The New Mount Is SO Cheap!

Comments

• Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    in my-en this mount is in cash shop for 114 gold which is 24 euros and not limited time...but here its only 1 week for 50gold aka 45 euros or smt lal nais ^^
  • Sejhia - Heavens Tear
    Sejhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Two different markets in a supposedly global economy. Don't you love how the value of an item changes based on its location. Its like that $150 device that cost $900 in my country which is actually $450 by conversion to the currency of origin. Shipping and handling anyone? Oops its a virtual item, lol. Guess FedEx and UPS have virtual s&h crews too.
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What i don't understand is since it's so expensive, it's suppose to "rare" the why haven't they made it 12m/s? Or spurrable? That's ridiculous come on. 11m/s? If your going to sell something like this at least add an advantage please GMs
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't get why so many people are whining about how expensive it is. I mean, it's not an essential element of the game so you don't have to buy it. It's more like a fashion item to make your character look good. If you really want a mount and don't want to spend too much coins/money, go grab yourself a panther.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What i don't understand is since it's so expensive, it's suppose to "rare" the why haven't they made it 12m/s? Or spurrable? That's ridiculous come on. 11m/s? If your going to sell something like this at least add an advantage please GMs

Spurred Raptor or Kirin are 45g, this is +5g for the same speed but newer/cooler looks. In a week when you can't get one for 50g anymore people will be buying them for 10mil+. Sounds like a good advantage to me.
  • Draginx - Lost City
    Draginx - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wow, so much crying about the price..

Look, if you don't have the money for it, don't buy it. It's that simple. It's not essential, and you don't NEED it. But if you can afford to shell out 50 bucks, go for it. Don't complain about the price of something that doesn't even have an impact to gameplay. Don't forget, PWI is a business, with people who need paychecks.

With that being said, I took out 50 bucks and bought it as soon as I could. And I'm not even Lv60 yet. b:victory
    I buff, heal, and revive for free. ^-^
  • Tarterus - Lost City
    Tarterus - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    WHY GMS WHY?!?!?!?!?

No, really why so high?
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    RAWR! I'm a tiger

You can ride me for $0 or 0 gold or 0 in game coins b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Spurred Raptor or Kirin are 45g, this is +5g for the same speed but newer/cooler looks. In a week when you can't get one for 50g anymore people will be buying them for 10mil+. Sounds like a good advantage to me.

*Cuts liver off* Anyone wanna trade a liver for the wolf?o.Ob:cry
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    RAWR! I'm a tiger

A free taxi around WQ points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • livibility
    livibility Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey! Ferrari's are selling way more than Toyota's!

What a ripoff! Les all go and ask Ferrari to sell their cars at the same price as Toyota!

What you don't appear to understand is that this mount is a LUXURY item. You don't need it, except to looks better than your neighbors.

You absolutely need a mount? Buy a bear or a jaguar at 10 golds.

I would like to own a Ferrari too. But I can only afford a Chevrolet Cavalier.b:surrender

This is the most intelligent I've ever read in threads like this.

To be honest I bought two of them today (One for me, one for GF),

Didn't dent me any, don't know why everyone cries wolf when a mount is 50$

To be completely honest, Just as Blanch. said, it's a luxury item, you want it because you want it, not because it is required.

50$ is just fine in MY EYES.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    RAWR! I'm a tiger

Pay for a mount or ride a sexy Tiger untamed. I'm gonna go with the tiger. I'll even accept a panda. No wolves or lions please.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • warofnibiru
    warofnibiru Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I might be a noob in the game, but I'm not a noob to games in general. Honestly, the way I see it is.... if it is such a ripoff then why do people buy it? Because they're greedy. This mount is obviously for the greedy, not for the elite... if you can't afford it then pride yourself pwning someone who has it, instead of crying about it on forums. I'm certainly never going to pay nearly this much for just one item, even if it gives me +900,000 strength (or whatever attribute fits your character best) and guarenteed critical hits on every hit, would I even pay $25 for one item. Not in this game, not in any game. Doesn't mean I won't be good one day, just means it will take longer. To be honest with you, I would definitely question the IQ, maturity, and ability to succeed at life of anyone who would spend $50 on one mount.... but like I said, there are always the dumb and greedy.... aka.... the people who attribute to at least half the funds of these f2p games.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    OMG! PWI is a RIPOFF! They are FORCING us to buy a mount which we absolutely NEED in order to play this game. PWI should price a RARE mount at the same price as REGULAR mounts. That would make more SENSE. b:chuckle

I have no idea where people get their 'logic' from.
    I might be a noob in the game, but I'm not a noob to games in general. Honestly, the way I see it is.... if it is such a ripoff then why do people buy it? Because they're greedy. This mount is obviously for the greedy, not for the elite... if you can't afford it then pride yourself pwning someone who has it, instead of crying about it on forums. I'm certainly never going to pay nearly this much for just one item, even if it gives me +900,000 strength (or whatever attribute fits your character best) and guarenteed critical hits on every hit, would I even pay $25 for one item. Not in this game, not in any game. Doesn't mean I won't be good one day, just means it will take longer. To be honest with you, I would definitely question the IQ, maturity, and ability to succeed at life of anyone who would spend $50 on one mount.... but like I said, there are always the dumb and greedy.... aka.... the people who attribute to at least half the funds of these f2p games.

Just because people have the money to buy a mount that is $50 doesn't make them greedy or dumb. Perhaps they have the extra money to splurge or they feel that $50 to enhance their enjoyment of a game is worth it. I in turn question the IQ, maturity and ability to succeed in life of those who are unwilling or unable to buy the mount to criticise those who do. After all, if it wasn't for people willing to spend that much on a game, there wouldn't be F2P games for you.

No, I didn't get the mount because I felt it wasn't worth the money in terms of looks or functionality but I'm not dissing those who did. And yes, I can well afford it............who knows, I may or may not pay $50 for a mount later on but it would have to be one hell of a beauty for me to do so.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    an 11 speed mount is necessary if you want the rep wep (one day) :P
    well to get the signs on your own that is
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    an 11 speed mount is necessary if you want the rep wep (one day) :P
    well to get the signs on your own that is

You said it yourself. It is necessary to get the signs on your own BUT you can still buy the signs off others right?....so in short, it is not a NEED but a WANT.

• Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what most of the people say its right, noone its forcing anybody to buy it, its the shinning jewel in pw right now. Instead, what really disapoint me its that pwe has completly turn pw into a CS game, come on, give us something really good, a worthy event, new customization for the untame, fight while riding any mount, damn at least give us some new stuff to buy (fron npc ingame). Im not saying u should stop selling CS items, cause u need to keep economy to running :P But sometimes give us something to buy with coins and not with dollars b:pleased
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    what most of the people say its right, noone its forcing anybody to buy it, its the shinning jewel in pw right now. Instead, what really disapoint me its that pwe has completly turn pw into a CS game, come on, give us something really good, a worthy event, new customization for the untame, fight while riding any mount, damn at least give us some new stuff to buy (fron npc ingame). Im not saying u should stop selling CS items, cause u need to keep economy to running :P But sometimes give us something to buy with coins and not with dollars b:pleased
    Yet again Can't you buy all CS items with ingame coin too?
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually no it isnt.
    $50 dollars to be exact

Ok this is a joke. I was considering paying up to 30 but this is pushing it beyond.

50 dollars for a virtual mount or 50 dollars for a new game?
    hmmmmmmm

Erm. Spend $30 on gold, sell the gold. Then you only have to spend the $20 worth of gold in coins. There. Now you have your Hell Hound, and it cost you $30.

It's a (basically) pre-spurred rare mount. It looks cool (though I wouldn't want it personally, it does look cool). You don't want to pay for it, don't pay for it. Why are you even talking about this?
  • KikiKitten - Heavens Tear
    KikiKitten - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I was positively heartbroken to see it was 50$ after servers went back up. I saw the picture and immediately knew I was going to buy it with real money, but I simply don't have 50$ to spend.
    But this is a free game, I certainly don't need anything in cash shop to play the game and enjoy my time. And because of this, I feel like spoiling myself to buy this mount would be simply gratifying. I came from games where the cool stuff expired or where I had to pay to buy the game and then pay to get really cool stuff in game. The fact this mount is simply 5$ more than a spurred kirin/raptor is very reasonable. It stays with you forever, it actually does benefit you with a speed boost instead of just charging 20$ for a cool looking mount, and it's amazingly exclusive. It's simply a win win situation if you buy it. I could complain about the price all I want, but in practicality, it's a perfect price.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    Yet again Can't you buy all CS items with ingame coin too?

Precisely. That's what I don't understand. This is one of the few F2P games with cool cash shop items that you can actually buy with ingame coins. PLUS the items are permanent. Why are people still complaining?

b:puzzled

• Alalahe - Heavens Tear
    Alalahe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually no it isnt.
    $50 dollars to be exact

Ok this is a joke. I was considering paying up to 30 but this is pushing it beyond.

50 dollars for a virtual mount or 50 dollars for a new game?
    hmmmmmmm

I go for the new game... but hey thats their way to keep the servers F2P instead of P2P b:victory
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This new mount is ugly, I saw one yesterday..bleh... b:surrender I won't buy one of this ****, I'll save money for Phoenix b:cute

I'm waiting for armored kitty mount- forgot name..

Any donate are.. good looking(srry for my BAD english)b:surrender
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have to admit that I think the Hell Hound is a bit expensive, too. I did a double take when I saw the price of it. But - I take into consideration a few things: A) it costs me about my month's budget of soda. Result? I drink water and juice instead = healthier me. B) Rather than being lazy and go on the bus, I can use my bike instead for a bit = free ride and I get back into shape. C) Aw, phoo, half of the mount's price could've gotten me to the movies - guess I'll play PWI instead where I won't have both hands free to munch popcorn and other such stuff.

Result? I'll have saved approximately $70 in total, and gotten a better diet. Thank you for making a mount so expensive that I'm forced to get into shape, PWI! b:laugh
  • AstigII - Sanctuary
    AstigII - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually no one is ripping you off. But yourself if you buy it. If you think the price is too much for a pixel then don’t buy. True that people are going broke right now. It’s also a reality that if you can’t afford don’t buy.

Do any of you think about the company’s expense? They also need money to keep the game going and to keep each one of you happy.
    PNAS recruiting all pilipinos apply at: pnas.guildlaunch.com
  • Julyah - Sanctuary
    Julyah - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Those calling it a ripoff are just poor. Us players can vote with our deeds; if it's a ripoff then no one will buy it, simple as that. No Bloody_Fox or anyone else can state that it's ripoff if they work on McDonalds or similar that doesn't pay well.

Also it's not sliced bread or anything; it's one mount among many others.

What I hate about MMO's is that everyone looks and acts the same. For god's sake, we're not Super Marios' here!
    Whenever a game implements some new stuff be it mounts or gear or something people are whining that everyone should be able to get one. Lower the price so that everyone can have one, lower the difficulty so everyone can get one, etc.

Thing about MMO's is that you have something that others don't and they're jealous of that.

Let me ask you this; would you like it that each and every buyable item in the game would cost only 1 in-game coin and every lootable piece of gear would be easily soloable by anyone?
    [Tech Support Junkie]
    Player 1: "I dont believe this is an off-topic worthy thread."
    Player 2: "It's not even worth it for lower depths. What do we do?"
    Player 3: "Delete it?"
    Mod: "Moving this to tech support."
    edited February 2009
    1 day has past and my point is proven. On heavens tear alone I have seen enough of them running around to know that there are quite a few people who were willing to purchase this pet. As has been stated here before the only ones complaining are those that simply cant afford to buy it. Kinda like how my cell phone company gets me upset because I can't afford their latest and greatest b:pleased
  • RaijinRyu - Lost City
    RaijinRyu - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why does so much QQing come down to singling out the youth of the game in so many different situations. Yes I do agree that many children probably can get their parents to buy the item for them but then those are the parents who can afford it most of the time. For damn sure there are more than just 12 year old gamers spending money on this game.

I am actually surpised to see so much QQing jelousy from the community.

And it is a great business strategy, but not just to children but to all who play the game at any age.

Well first of all I only used youth as an "example" I'm sorry if that offended you in any way and yes I do know a lot more ppl than 12 year olds spend money on this game. Second of all I'm not QQing like you call it and I am not jealous because I don't plan on getting the mount. Third of all I was simply explaining a reason of why the price is so High, I have nothing against 12 year olds or any other age who spend their money on this game because that is none of my business and if it makes them happy then good for them.

"Yes I do agree that many children probably can get their parents to buy the item for them but then those are the parents who can afford it most of the time. "
    - That's exactly what I was saying GMs know there's a lot of parents that can afford it which is why they put such a price.
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually no one is ripping you off. But yourself if you buy it. If you think the price is too much for a pixel then don’t buy. True that people are going broke right now. It’s also a reality that if you can’t afford don’t buy.

Do any of you think about the company’s expense? They also need money to keep the game going and to keep each one of you happy.

Haven't you heard?!?!?! All businesses are STINKING FILTHY RICH! Its not like there have been multiple government bail outs for major business already, and its not liker there are 10 different major american companies filing bankruptsy, or about to. OK there are 15 but still, thats just a ploy. They are hording their money and crying crocodile tears to make us pitty them so that the government will have to bail them out again. Face it, big business is just that! Major operations with no expenses. Oh and we cannot forget that busines is not there to earn a profit of any sort! No, they are there to to fulfill my every fantasy free of charge. If they need money to operate they can got get a job like the rest of us. I need my earned money for more important things, like hookers and beer. So they should just give me the pixel.b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Bat_Woman - Sanctuary
    Bat_Woman - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree what person is going to spend 50 dollars on an item that only exists in a game?? go buy a new pair of shoes but don't waste it on that..

Also the number one reason people buy it is because they know once its gone it will be worth a lot more.