The New Mount Is SO Cheap!

Comments

• Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'll save my 50 bucks for a game that doesn't fail as much as this one ::thumbsup::

Hmm I find yet another pleasant post made by you this morning. It never ceases to amaze me just how many sourpusses there is that play these games.

If you don't like the game quit. Then you can dedicate more time doing more productive things. Like kicking your cat, and throwing rocks at lil ole ladies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Whatever point is most people agree with me the price is too much and the people that dont are the ones who simply dont care and the ones who bought em
    In this thread there are 4 people saying it is a ripoff, 8 who say it isn't and 1 undecided.
  • redoctober123
    redoctober123 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't think its a ripoff, its a good investment. I have just bought it for about 6.5m... in 2-3 months it will cost at least 10m, if not much more.

Those that can afford; buy, those that can't; whine

Anyway I have a question: I'm not lvl 60 just yet, so can I use the spurs to lower its level to 20? I heard it comes prespurred... and what will happen to its speed?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It is REALLY fair for people who join pw at a later date like i did with the boa...

Also fair for all the people who didn't benefit from a boutique glitch that made a lot of people rich roaming with 100+millions (who are paying 8million for the mount btw lol). Sanctuary still is in a **** hole state from that incident. The way problems are being dealt with lately on PWI seems pretty bad. (-Edited- and Cashshop glitch) =/

If you want fairness, _Bloody_Fox_, take your business elsewhere.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I could care less about this mount. I still want the lion. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sympathy - Heavens Tear
    Sympathy - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Alright I know what everyone will say to this, probably put me down, and the truth is that's not why I wrote this thread, and not something I'll be paying much attention to. Now if you join in the complaining, then that's a different story.

OMG! 50 Gold for a Hell Hound Mount is ridiculous, I mean come on! Don't they know that the people of the United States are in an economic crisis? So there! b:angry b:cry
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Alright I know what everyone will say to this, probably put me down, and the truth is that's not why I wrote this thread, and not something I'll be paying much attention to. Now if you join in the complaining, then that's a different story.

OMG! 50 Gold for a Hell Hound Mount is ridiculous, I mean come on! Don't they know that the people of the United States are in an economic crisis? So there! b:angry b:cry

Thats it, Obama needs to bailout the poor ppl of PWI. I guess that buck fifty tax decrease we got last week ain't enuf.

Seriously now, the more I think of it, the more I don't have any problem with the $50 price tag. Some of the above posters were correct, the mount isn't anything that people have to have to play the game. It's a perk. Perks in all things usually come with a hefty price tag. Prime rib cost more than hamburger, a BMW cost more than a Ford. Nuff said I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why do those BMW's have to cost 50K+? Why going Executive Class on flights cost triple the amount as coach?

Because they are meant for the upper class.

Just like this mount. Enough said.

LOL...Sorry I basically repeated you Foxx_Trott. Maybe explaining it twice will make the rest understand a bit better.

A little humour: This mount is not meant to be sold in thousands. It takes a lot of hard labour to put one of these through the shop. These babies are hand made, let alone manufacturing that elite armour it is wearing to look bada$$. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I know that the math has been stated MANY times already in this thread but still people are complaining about the price. So lets try the math in a visable mathamatical format.

Kirin = 30
    Spurr for Kirin = $15
    30 + 15 = $45
    Total speed of NEW level 1 Spurred Kirin - 10

Hell Hound = $50
    Spurr for Hell Hound = $0 (none available)

50 + 0 = $50
    Total speed of New level 1 Spurred Kirin - 10

ok so the Hell Hound in $5 more then a Kirin. Lets see if we can justify that $5 that everyone is complaining about. HMMMMMMMMM.... Its a RARE limited time only item that people are going to want. The question is will it be a rare enough item that people are willing to pay an additional $5 for? I say yes. Just not for me. but then again I am not buying a spurred Kirin either. I'm happy with my unspurred polaris.

So where is the rip off exactly? Its not like PWI is a used car salesman telling you that the HellHound only ever had one owner and it was a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays.

Yes I would like to have seen this as a $30 ride, but I would suspect that if they did that, they would also set its speed to 8 so that you have to spurr it 2 times to get it to the same speed.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I saw the new mount thing and I spazzed! I was ganna go get it until I saw it was 50 gold. I'm not even 60 so i'd have to spur it. That's another 15 gold right there.

50G+15G= Not buying it

:< I saw a wizard with it just a few minutes ago. Let's all look at the screen, wish we had it + laugh that they payed 50 gold for a mount. :<

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1057/20090225081731.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear
    Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I fail to understand why one would pay more for a mount because it's rarer while all and any fully boosted mounts top at 11 m/s :s

Plus the panther is cuddly. I love cats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sejhia - Heavens Tear
    Sejhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is the deal/reality. Everyone who complains that they cost too much is doing so because "gasp"....drumroll...... they can't afford to.

Now to those who fall into this category please imagine you owned a business and you had an item you made and decided to sell it for $50. What you must realise is that some people will be able to buy it and some won't. Of those that can buy it there will be some who still will not buy it. That leaves those who can and who will. Now if enough of those people buy it and you made a profit then it means you did well. Now lets suppose the price was lowered to $40. Since we are dealing with a virtual item we assume the input cost as being negligeble. At the $40 you are still not willing/able to buy while the same number of people who bought it for $50 now buy it for $40. Guess what? You made less money.

You think these guys don't know what they are doing? They are already making money at the lower and mid tiers. Now they are catering to the higher end of the market which sadly does not include you/me.

These guys are using simple business sense. There is a group of CS users willing to pay for exclusivity and $50 is the price point at which we can capture their $s while maximising profits.

It happens in real life and though it is a game that we play the CS is a real life business, not a mock one!!!
  • RaijinRyu - Lost City
    RaijinRyu - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree, they put the price very high. It was to be expected though: A mount that is only sold for a limited time. They just want to make sure that it stays rare.

A pitty for one of the coollest mounts till now, but understandable.

I don't think the reason the price is high is because the mount is for a limited time and they wanted to be rare.
    It's more like they put the price high because they know a lot of 12 year olds will get their parents to pay those 50 bucks since the mount will only be available for a week. It's a great business strategy, put something rare out in the market for a limited time and you can put a high price tag on it just because of that.
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't think the reason the price is high is because the mount is for a limited time and they wanted to be rare.
    It's more like they put the price high because they know a lot of 12 year olds will get their parents to pay those 50 bucks since the mount will only be available for a week. It's a great business strategy, put something rare out in the market for a limited time and you can put a high price tag on it just because of that.

Why does so much QQing come down to singling out the youth of the game in so many different situations. Yes I do agree that many children probably can get their parents to buy the item for them but then those are the parents who can afford it most of the time. For damn sure there are more than just 12 year old gamers spending money on this game.

I am actually surpised to see so much QQing jelousy from the community.

And it is a great business strategy, but not just to children but to all who play the game at any age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieseasily
    edited February 2009
    I saw the new mount thing and I spazzed! I was ganna go get it until I saw it was 50 gold. I'm not even 60 so i'd have to spur it. That's another 15 gold right there.

50G+15G= Not buying it

:< I saw a wizard with it just a few minutes ago. Let's all look at the screen, wish we had it + laugh that they payed 50 gold for a mount. :<

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1057/20090225081731.png

PLEASE tell me this is sarcasm? $65 to spurr it? Its allread as fast as a Spurred Kirin, and as far as I know they do not even sell spurrs to increase the starting speed to 11. Granted I have not looked in the boutique in an hour, but I assume they have not added a new spurr yet.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Sejhia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    It looks cool. Nice addition.
  • heartless888
    heartless888 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i have been waiting for this mount for months now... and they make is some stupid price... don't the gms know ppl are broke right now... the only way i can get one is if PWI takes food stamps b:angry

people are broke? you mean like the people who made 57m selling gold at 700k each during the glitch? yeah?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If the wolf were black and it's armour gold, and it was faster than 11m/s, it would be worth 50 gold. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Or if it shot friggen laser beams outta it's eyes... oh wait.. wrong game.
  • dieseasily
    edited February 2009
    Its $5 more expensive then a Spurred Kirin and its the same speed as a spurred kirin. They could have put it out at $30 and givin it the same speed as a panther/polaris. Then they would be making $20 more per sale instead of $5.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    who cares whether we need it or want it.
    A ripoff is a ripoff

Hey! Ferrari's are selling way more than Toyota's!

What a ripoff! Les all go and ask Ferrari to sell their cars at the same price as Toyota!

What you don't appear to understand is that this mount is a LUXURY item. You don't need it, except to looks better than your neighbors.

You absolutely need a mount? Buy a bear or a jaguar at 10 golds.

I would like to own a Ferrari too. But I can only afford a Chevrolet Cavalier.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Suck it up and move along. b:bye
  • Myying - Heavens Tear
    Myying - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wow. It never ceases to amaze me as to how often people say if you complain then you are poor. To be honest unless you're in HollyWood and are trying to "uphold" your image than you dont really go around flashing your money lol. Rich people rarely flash their cash or maybe that's just me. Now I can afford this mount but I see no reason to buy it at all. I feel we are all entitled to our opinions and complaints. Hell, I'll go one step further and say that I to disagree with the price. Then again I disagree with alot of the pricing here. If it helps any though the maly version of PW sells things ALOT cheaper and you can even buy gold there lol. You can buy gold here to...not that I'd know anything about that thob:chuckle. Anyways you all have a good time ranting on here. Ecspeacially that veno person thats made soooo many comments on this topic (with her/his hollier than tho persona xD ). Anyways have fun argueing and if you didn't like what I said then fkuc you simple to plain b:thanks
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009

You don't need to spur it. You cannot even spur it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Buy one now, sell it in a month for 10 mil+

That's my plan anyway, people are already offering 7mil+ right now. Even with current inflation you could buy the gold cheaper.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Grind and save up in-game gold.

indeed
    b:victory
  • WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear
    WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The whole world economy is getting worst..

I believe perfectworld company still making insane profit and laugh like this bear--->b:laugh

but yeah, No complaint please....you dont have to buy it if you are yoo poor, you can just get a panther 700k in the market

those expensive stuff for Rich guys only, so ..go away poor guys
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

So is that mean it never have a real fight for BM 1v1?
  • rugal
    rugal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    At the $40 you are still not willing/able to buy while the same number of people who bought it for $50 now buy it for $40. Guess what? You made less money.

What about the people who would have bought it at 40. If 5 people buy at 40 instead of 4 people at 50 they'd make the same thing. Is that so unfeasable to imagine?
  • Sejhia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    No its not and I agree with what you say buts its a what if just the same. For instance if I set the price point for high end/limited edition cell phone at $500, I could potentially make more money selling it at $400. The problem is that I already have midranged cell phones in the $300-400 range that are selling well.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Or if it shot friggen laser beams outta it's eyes... oh wait.. wrong game.

Dood! wat if i put flesh reem on it! then i has 2 hax petz! i win teh gameb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]