Veno's bramble hood got nerfed?! wtf?

Comments

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If the veno's werent over powered, not so many people would be posting threads about it
    I have been playing MMOs for years. Ive learned 1 thing. Solo classes and pet classes are automaticly hated weither they are overpowered or not. As soon as they get nerfed to the point no one can possibly say they are overpowered. People will go looking for the next class to start hateing on. Oh they have a pet QQ. Oh they can solo stuff i can't.QQ They are ment to be that way. I don't like partying too much in games. I play MMOs because they are constantly putting new stuff in the game. Not to associate with other people.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it doesn't matter that it was nerfed, the major damage reduction is why i use it, have you seen how hard the first boss in the FB39 can hit an arcane veno? it's a life saver in my opinion

Yes...but a veno shouldn't be getting hit by that boss's aoe. Send a pet in, and pet heal outranges the aoe if you position yourself right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it doesn't matter that it was nerfed, the major damage reduction is why i use it, have you seen how hard the first boss in the FB39 can hit an arcane veno? it's a life saver in my opinion
    I lawled, learn to heal out of aoe range. Also learn to not use robes // to use vit.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If the veno's werent over powered, not so many people would be posting threads about it
    Actually your wrong. There is a VERY small vocal group posting Veno hate. Over and Over and Over again. THAT is why it seems so many people are posting veno hate. Of course, none of them (with a few exceptions) have the balls to post their ingame names so Veno's can stop helping them. I'm sure they like hating on us and then laughing under their thumbs when they have to use us to pull mobs for them in FB's etc. The laugh ultimately will be on them I think.

~S
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    they nerfed swimming skills for veno too, while the barb still has it ! b:cry haters b:surrender Gimme back my spirit and money !!! >_<
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually your wrong. There is a VERY small vocal group posting Veno hate. Over and Over and Over again. THAT is why it seems so many people are posting veno hate. Of course, none of them (with a few exceptions) have the balls to post their ingame names so Veno's can stop helping them. I'm sure they like hating on us and then laughing under their thumbs when they have to use us to pull mobs for them in FB's etc. The laugh ultimately will be on them I think.

~S

Actually, you're wrong. It's not just the forums venos get hate from.

Lol, Have the balls to post in game name so venos don't help? Oh my god a veno won't pull for me b:cry. I freaking tell my veno friends how OP they are and if I have a fb and they don't want to come, whos loss is it? Oh that's right the venos considering I can look in any direction and find a veno willing to help.

Of course I don't whine about it constantly though, but they are OP whether you want to believe it or not.

Sincerely, Hapless
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    tatakairyu wrote: »

Lol, Have the balls to post in game name so venos don't help? Oh my god a veno won't pull for me b:cry. I freaking tell my veno friends how OP they are and if I have a fb and they don't want to come, whos loss is it? Oh that's right the venos considering I can look in any direction and find a veno willing to help.

Of course I don't whine about it constantly though, but they are OP whether you want to believe it or not.

Sincerely, Hapless
    Well, my point is that most people posting hate about veno's do it with an alt. No balls to post their mains. You seem to have balls. What server? I'll be happy to WC blast your name as a Veno hater on your server. Might be surprised at how little help you get after that.

Here is the crux of the entire QQ. You STILL need a veno to help. You said it yourself. Ya'll haters and whiners forget one real huge issue. Get Veno's Nerfed to the point their useless like some of you want; then who's gonna do the **** you want done that only Veno's can do? Yeah think it through first. Now pull your heads out of your asses and go enjoy the game. Don't like Veno's? DON'T ASK US FOR HELP THEN. Ahhh but you won't do that. You won't put your hate into any real action will you? You'll just QQ here on the forums and when you need that boss pulled, go WC whine need a Veno for blah blah.

Nuff said. You hate us until you need us then it's QQ I need a Veno!

~Saitada
  • poia
    poia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually bramble guard does work in standard pvp. but most pkers are archers making it more of an annoyance to keep the buff up i really cant comment on bramble hood i dont have it yet. however i must agree that fleshream is op and should be reduced pve dmg in pvp is just plain op. seriosuly its not like you need it to win a fight even at 60+ ive crit up to 2k + wit ha spark erupt ironwood in pvp at lvl 60 vs another bm the damage is quite balenced without atacks that negate pvp reductions. truth be told at 90+ i see flesh ream being extremely op with the pets base dmg alone. however as for the veno hate
    Originally Posted by tatakairyu View Post

Lol, Have the balls to post in game name so venos don't help? Oh my god a veno won't pull for me . I freaking tell my veno friends how OP they are and if I have a fb and they don't want to come, whos loss is it? Oh that's right the venos considering I can look in any direction and find a veno willing to help.

Sincerely, Hapless

i completely agree ....... come help me with this boss so i dun have to grab a barb and a cleric and spend mroe time waiting.
    thx now ima go qq and try for nerfs
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yes...but A Veno Shouldn't Be Getting Hit By That Boss's Aoe. Send A Pet In, And Pet Heal Outranges The Aoe If You Position Yourself Right.

Your Not My Mom!!! My Mom Doesnt Play Pw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Foxx_trott please tell me lvl 46 on heaven's tear is not the only char u have if u're going to quit the game b/c the veno's pvp capabilities have been reduced.

i for one will still play my veno on sanct
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Here is the crux of the entire QQ. You STILL need a veno to help. You said it yourself. Ya'll haters and whiners forget one real huge issue. Get Veno's Nerfed to the point their useless like some of you want; then who's gonna do the **** you want done that only Veno's can do? Yeah think it through first. Now pull your heads out of your asses and go enjoy the game. Don't like Veno's? DON'T ASK US FOR HELP THEN. Ahhh but you won't do that. You won't put your hate into any real action will you? You'll just QQ here on the forums and when you need that boss pulled, go WC whine need a Veno for blah blah.

Nuff said. You hate us until you need us then it's QQ I need a Veno!

~Saitada
    First off, I don't NEED a veno to pull anything lol, it just makes it easier. Also, when does pulling require a veno to have anything the people have been complaining about nerfed. You just need a freaking pet to pull that's all. You don't need what they have been complaining about.

Only thing I care about is fixing air to ground damage being halved with a phoenix and pvp reductions on the skill flesh ream. (Oh, did you see there? don't need any of those things for a veno to pull.)
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes...but a veno shouldn't be getting hit by that boss's aoe. Send a pet in, and pet heal outranges the aoe if you position yourself right.

I've been testing this on the first FB39 boss. With the 53 pet heal, you can just barely stand outside AOE range and heal your pet. The pet has to be positioned between you and the boss for this to work. There is very little margin for error. I suspect with the 43 and 33 pet heals (which have less range), you will most likely be in the AOE range. (I died 3 times to bring you all this information. b:laugh )

There's another way to avoid his AOE though: don't aggro him from range. If everyone just runs up and melees him (obviously with a tank keeping aggro), his damage AOE will not fire. He's got a debuff AOE which reduces your channeling speed. That will still fire, so be prepared for it.

I tried the same thing with Suzerix and the Eldergoth using a ranged attack. The 53 pet heal does not have enough range to keep you out of Suzerix's AOE range. (Only died once testing that.)
  • tr0oll
    tr0oll Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hahahaha Pwned.
    I'm <3ing it.

Nerf the phoenix next please or do something like when the pet attacks someone the pet's owner must be paralyzed and frozen or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Purified, Harshlands
    I'm the Veno with a phoenix zerging your ****

Signature by Sev
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    First off, I don't NEED a veno to pull anything lol, it just makes it easier. Also, when does pulling require a veno to have anything the people have been complaining about nerfed. You just need a freaking pet to pull that's all. You don't need what they have been complaining about.

Only thing I care about is fixing air to ground damage being halved with a phoenix and pvp reductions on the skill flesh ream. (Oh, did you see there? don't need any of those things for a veno to pull.)
    I agree Flesh Ream needs to be fixed. And your right, you don't need a veno to pull fb69 for you. A barb can run out and grab those mobs easy enough. Or an archer shoot into them, or a blade run out and agro them, etc... Of course, your chances of getting killed go up by a huge amount.

Most of the Veno haters (and I don't actually count you in that group, because you don't seem to be) want the class nerfed so bad we wouldn't stand a chance of even leveling. They are just **** sore because we were designed to be a soloing class, and when we do that, get pissed at us for doing that.

I've proved with the level and pvp level rankings that Veno's are not overpowered. If we were so overpowered we would rule the rankings across the board, we don't. We do have a pet skill that needs fixing.

Nuff said.

~S
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wtf happened? All those threads complaining about flesh ream and the VENO gets nerfed? Dude no one was complaining about bramble hood (well except some immature brats who'll complain about plume shell next, then cloudsprint after that, then blade tempest....).

And those of you who blame this on forum whiners should smack yourselves. There's been plenty of forum whining about the cash and etc. and it wasn't fixed. The problem here is the devs are only half-assed trying to solve everyone's complaints. We complain about venos, they nerf venos, but refuse to fix flesh ream because the phoenix is where their money is coming from, not a veno skill.

If they want to fix the GAME, BUFF the veno and FIX the flesh ream PLZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah nerf the veno keep the pet, that will still bring in the moolah.
    If you guys are still hoping for a flesh ream nerf then u gotta wait..till like pw-my.
    Thats when there are enough high level CS users who will spend **** load of $$$ to get those high lvl gears. And then when they start whining about the flesh ream issue THEN there could be a nerf.
  • RaijinRyu - Lost City
    RaijinRyu - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Even if it was nerfed for pvp it still works for tw and for everything else so you are just complaining that you won't have yet another advantage over other players when it comes to pking. Lets not forget that you can still run around while your phoenixes are destroying the barb or the bm chasing you and besides most of the time venos have Charms because they can afford them since they make a lot of coin so unless you get oneshotted i don't think there is much to be worried about.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No one should be going into pvp without charms or GAs..that's a frigging no brainer >->;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Picexplorer - Heavens Tear
    Picexplorer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I guess I need to start looking for another new game to play. It is too bad too, I was really starting to enjoy this one.

Pretty much every game I've ever played, sooner or later the cry babies on the forums finally get their way, and get other classes nerfed. It is like it's a power trip to get GM's to change the game because they kicked and screamed like a spoiled child in a Walmart Toy Department screaming for their parents to buy them something.

A few years back in another game I've played this same thing happened and a couple clases got nerfed, then the next year another class got nerfed, and over and over classes kept getting the nerf bat. Eventually the game lost the majority of it's player base. It was all because of idiots whining on forums until they got their way. Now that the game only has a fraction of it's player base anymore, the whiners complain about the servers being dead, and how there is nobody to pvp against anymore.

When it is all said and done, these whiners who are the minority, themselves ruin the game for everyone else, who is the vast majority. And after they have nobody left to upset because many people left the game due to nerfs. They whine on the forums about how the game now sucks, that nobody plays it anymore. And how there is nobody to pvp against anymore, because the game eroded due to constant nerfs pissing off the player base over the years.

These malcontents who just whine and complain about things day in and day out, only ruin things for everyone. And eventually ruin it for themselves in the long run. The sadest thing about it all is, these game companies after being bombarded with all these complaints by a few, buckle and ruin the game for the many.

go leave now..dnt whine out here.

and its just a start i guess..noob veno's so overpowered and so much an independent class.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    go leave now..dnt whine out here.

and its just a start i guess..noob veno's so overpowered and so much an independent class.
    Veno's are designed to SOLO. This means *gasps* we are an independent class. You people never figure that out do you? Veno's are DESIGNED to solo. We are DESIGNED not to need your help very much. We are DESIGNED to be "so much an independent class".

I swear you Veno haters just never learn that or get it through your all to obviously thick god damned skulls.

Flesh Ream needs fixed yes. Veno's don't. Oh I forgot, you just don't want any competition do you. 'OMG Veno's have something that makes them slightly better than worthless now quick whine to get them nerfed back to worthlessness again.'

Go slice your wrists, your as pathetic as chipsing1234 with his lame arguments that Veno's and OTHER CLASSES as well, shot to pieces.

~Saitada
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jitora - Lost City
    Jitora - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yea..I love how most people continue to ignore the fact that barbarians are quitting the game because of a freaking pet...because a flaming chicken that can kill people is sooooooo much more important.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Yea..I love how most people continue to ignore the fact that barbarians are quitting the game because of a freaking pet...because a flaming chicken that can kill people is sooooooo much more important.
    I see a LOT of barbs all over the place on all three servers (and I AM on all three servers). Can't say as I have seen any reduction in their numbers myself.

But personally, if they are using that as an excuse to quit, they were already LOOKING for an excuse to quit.

They DO need to fix flesh ream. I have no clue why they have not done it yet.

~S
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I see a LOT of barbs all over the place on all three servers (and I AM on all three servers). Can't say as I have seen any reduction in their numbers myself.

But personally, if they are using that as an excuse to quit, they were already LOOKING for an excuse to quit.

They DO need to fix flesh ream. I have no clue why they have not done it yet.

~S

hercules tank 2 times better than barbarian(pet damage in HH is bugged and deal 100% damage while barb damage is 30%) and cost nothing this is why barbarian quit.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why would a pet not deal 100% damage against PvE mobs? I don't see how that's bugged. A barb in tank form is supposed to have deducted attack power because of Tiger form, unless you get that skill at sage or demon (forget which) that removes that deduction.

And people may forget that pets can't be purified. So Barbarians are still needed. Herc can't pull catapults in TW either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Demon Barbarians get full damage power with Demon True Form

RAWR! I'm a future Sage tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why would a pet not deal 100% damage against PvE mobs? I don't see how that's bugged. A barb in tank form is supposed to have deducted attack power because of Tiger form, unless you get that skill at sage or demon (forget which) that removes that deduction.

And people may forget that pets can't be purified. So Barbarians are still needed. Herc can't pull catapults in TW either.

What he meant was pets do not follow the level versus damage reduction as player characters do. In other words, the reason we're dealing so little damage to HH bosses is because they're level 150, while Hercules suffers no damage penalties.

With a level difference that great, our damage is roughly 30% of what we'd normally do to mobs at our own level.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What he meant was pets do not follow the level versus damage reduction as player characters do. In other words, the reason we're dealing so little damage to HH bosses is because they're level 150, while Hercules suffers no damage penalties.

With a level difference that great, our damage is roughly 30% of what we'd normally do to mobs at our own level.

Gotcha. Was hard to understand the phrasing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Demon Barbarians get full damage power with Demon True Form

RAWR! I'm a future Sage tiger

yes and good luck.. but hercules will be always better than barbarian for tanking.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    RAWR! I'm a tiger

Rawr I'm a tiger! *mou*

...wait....

^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
This discussion has been closed.