GM's... are the rumors true?

Options

Comments

• Jitora - Lost City
    Jitora - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not really. The phoenix is ruining PVP but no one cares about the herc because Clerics can't heal it. Venomancers have been promoted above BMs to the second-choice tank but still never picked when there is a barb available.

Umm...wrong...I have been turned down multiple times..for various HH runs, FB runs..because they had a higher level veno with Herc...
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh for crying out loud, even if the herc didn't exist, there would still be venos with crazy good pets because they would get people to help them get the skill scrolls that make the herc a god tank, and you would still ***** and moan that veno pets are too overpowered. In reality the herc is only slightly better than other pets, the only difference is the ease of getting it.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh for crying out loud, even if the herc didn't exist, there would still be venos with crazy good pets because they would get people to help them get the skill scrolls that make the herc a god tank, and you would still ***** and moan that veno pets are too overpowered. In reality the herc is only slightly better than other pets, the only difference is the ease of getting it.

No other pet is so widely preventing tanks from doing their jobs...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No other pet is so widely preventing tanks from doing their jobs...

If venos had the skill books for the skills that a herc comes with (which ARE obtainable in the game) a golem could tank just as well as a herc.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Umm...wrong...I have been turned down multiple times..for various HH runs, FB runs..because they had a higher level veno with Herc...

The point stands. No serious FB or HH party turns down a WB for a veno the same level (as long as there is a cleric available obviously)
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If venos had the skill books for the skills that a herc comes with (which ARE obtainable in the game) a golem could tank just as well as a herc.

I'm not arguing with that...but the fact remains, A barbarian or a veno pet...and the choice is increasingly in favor of the pet...
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The point stands. No serious FB or HH party turns down a WB for a veno the same level (as long as there is a cleric available obviously)

I have seen it happen.....I've seen lower level venos get taken over barbarians too..I was just stating one situation.
  • godheadslament
    godheadslament Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    We can't get that exp while being afk however.

WBs and WRs also can't. +The very most non veno players don't even zhen because its too expensive.
    I think zhen parties are the only thing, venos complain about, because they don't have any other disadvantages.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have seen it happen.....I've seen lower level venos get taken over barbarians too..I was just stating one situation.

Okay then. Well the Hercules still isn't as big a problem as the phoenix. If you feel like you're being replaced, find a better guild. Although Hercules do get picked to tank sometimes, I find that a good WB is always better, Especially as the WB can hold aggro a lot easier.

Even if the hercules was good enough to replace WB completely in FBs, they can't pull catapults so WB will always be needed.
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay then. Well the Hercules still isn't as big a problem as the phoenix. If you feel like you're being replaced, find a better guild. Although Hercules do get picked to tank sometimes, I find that a good WB is always better, Especially as the WB can hold aggro a lot easier.

Even if the hercules was good enough to replace WB completely in FBs, they can't pull catapults so WB will always be needed.

My guild won't replace me, But I am speaking for more than just myself. If a pet class is making a tank class quit (that is happening for a fact) then it just perpetuates the cycle. I know that pets can't tank everything..but some of the stuff they are preferred for is stuff that a barbarian needs also.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In my experience a herc holds aggro better than a same level barb. I have to hold back a lot with barbs (maybe they are too lazy to flesh ream consistently?) yet can go almost all out with hercs.

The only bosses now that require a barb tank are those that have debuffs since venos can't purify. There are a couple of these bosses in fb69 and a few in TT.

A herc tank also frees up the cleric into being an additional DD which makes things go faster.

Whoever is saying a herc and a different pet with the same learned skills are equals is wrong.

Please look at the base stats for all pets at ecatomb:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php
    These are stats for pets of the same level and you can see a herc is in a league of its own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In my experience a herc holds aggro better than a same level barb. I have to hold back a lot with barbs (maybe they are too lazy to flesh ream consistently?) yet can go almost all out with hercs.

The only bosses now that require a barb tank are those that have debuffs since venos can't purify. There are a couple of these bosses in fb69 and a few in TT.

A herc tank also frees up the cleric into being an additional DD which makes things go faster.

Whoever is saying a herc and a different pet with the same learned skills are equals is wrong.

Please look at the base stats for all pets at ecatomb:
    http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php
    These are stats for pets of the same level and you can see a herc is in a league of its own.

I can hold Aggro better than most tanks I know (I have experience with a Full Dex good geared archer)....But for the most part...Herc is still a problem in my mind.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The version of PWI that we have here in the states is near identical to the version currently running in China.

I will personally check with the development team regarding the series of rumors that have been posted in this thread. However based on what I know about upcoming development, none of the rumors in this thread are true.

I've stated before in several other threads, there are some very interesting additions coming to PWI in the near future, and you can be sure that we'll be giving you guys more details as soon as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    The version of PWI that we have here in the states is near identical to the version currently running in China.

I will personally check with the development team regarding the series of rumors that have been posted in this thread. However based on what I know about upcoming development, none of the rumors in this thread are true.

I've stated before in several other threads, there are some very interesting additions coming to PWI in the near future, and you can be sure that we'll be giving you guys more details as soon as possible.

Battle packs being removed in MY version is true. Just read the announcement there by the GMs on the forums.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »

Thank you Xar for finally getting back to us on these nasty rumors. I do find it somewhat concerning that our GM's here in the states don't seem to know what is going on on the MY and CN servers. And need to check with developers to be sure.

I know people, close friends of mine who want to buy a herc, and or a Nix ATM and are scared silly to spend the cash, because you guys might be taking them away after the cash has been spent.

I sincerely hope these rumors are untrue, and no serious nerfs are in the future. I have a Nix, and love it. I don't pvp, yet anyways, as my level isn't really high enuf yet. I would like the chance to at least try it out here in the future. And my heavy build, and Nix pet are part of those plans. I loggin everyday just wanting to be left alone, to have my fun, and chat with friends in game. But these nasty rumors are kind of ruining the game for me/us at the moment, and people (veno's mainly) who are very worried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thank you Xar for finally getting back to us on these nasty rumors. I do find it somewhat concerning that our GM's here in the states don't seem to know what is going on on the MY and CN servers.

I doubt PWI have anything to do or have to care with what happen on another version of the game (namely the malaysian one). It's a different version and they run it like they want. From what I heard, Cubinet themselves had the battle pets removed from the cash shop.

And if they removed the battle pet from the cash shop there, they did not deleted the pets the people got before that.

Also, the method of acquiring the phoenix and hercules there was different. It was like we got the Nightmare in the Halloween event. You bought a box and the box could contain one of the battle pet.

(oh, and by the way, the battle pet can still be bought on the Japanese version, which have a much more up to date cash shop than the Malaysian version...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Battle packs being removed in MY version is true. Just read the announcement there by the GMs on the forums.

Got a link to it pls? like to read things myself :P
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Don't blame the venoes for the Herc tanking issue....blame the other classes.

I find it extremely disturbing to see many teles looking for Herc Venoes.....its become a class of its own.

As a veno, I'ld only choose a Herc over a barb because there are so few barbs willing to help tank for bosses. It's not the Herc's fault....guess who's fault that is?
    b:sad
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Maybe you should check the date on that... was 2008 and it was not battle packs. It was a treasure event box that could contain a legendary pet (could also contain all class pets etc). Since 2-3 patches ago they sell battle packs in cash shop just as they do on PWI with feathers and force. As far as i know battlepets are not fixed/nerfed in any way on any other server.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    bzbee wrote: »
    Don't blame the venoes for the Herc tanking issue....blame the other classes.

I find it extremely disturbing to see many teles looking for Herc Venoes.....its become a class of its own.

As a veno, I'ld only choose a Herc over a barb because there are so few barbs willing to help tank for bosses. It's not the Herc's fault....guess who's fault that is?
    b:sad
    I thought this was an interesting point, it's hard to find a barb who WANTs to tank, and tanks well at that(cmon tanks use your aggro skills mroe often -.-). Whereas, venos with Hercs TRY to show-off, so will tank things for people.b:chuckle
  • starofhope
    starofhope Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I will always choose a barbarian over herc even though I own a herc for many resions. Just to name a couple..

Human player can always react faster than a pet to things happening.
    Cleric healing a barbarian will always surpass a veno healing herc.

I know this is one veno with herc that loves barbaians tanking and wants to say thanks for all your hard work out there b:thanks
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Honesty, I don't care about Pheonix. Sure its a problem ( the bleed bug anyway) but whatever, Herc is still what I have a problem with.

I 100% agree. Phoenixes are a problem, I admit, but Hercules......give me an inferiority complexb:cry. Even in a PvP server, something that goes wrong in PvE is more important than something that goes wrong in PvP, well in my opinion anyways.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I thought this was an interesting point, it's hard to find a barb who WANTs to tank, and tanks well at that(cmon tanks use your aggro skills mroe often -.-). Whereas, venos with Hercs TRY to show-off, so will tank things for people.b:chuckle

There is a difference...the problem is it costs a barbarian money to tank..it really doesn't cost a veno anything...and noone is willing to compensate a tank for the repair bill they get for helping, thats why most don't tank bosses. I would gladly do it, but when I ask for some form of payment people get pissed.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To you Barbs out there worried your job is being taken over by a Hercules. It's not. I did my FB69 with a Herc as the puller bait, and a Barb Tanking because it was safer, more efficient and the Barb could keep the agro and the Cleric could Purify him when he got debuffed. Something I can NOT do with my Herc. Barbs will always have a place in PWI. The class just kicks **** when tanking those blasted debuffing bosses. That is something Veno's just have a hard time doing with their pets unless those pets are VERY high level, and even then i'm not so sure they can do it w/o sweating a lot.

~S
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To you Barbs out there worried your job is being taken over by a Hercules. It's not. I did my FB69 with a Herc as the puller bait, and a Barb Tanking because it was safer, more efficient and the Barb could keep the agro and the Cleric could Purify him when he got debuffed. Something I can NOT do with my Herc. Barbs will always have a place in PWI. The class just kicks **** when tanking those blasted debuffing bosses. That is something Veno's just have a hard time doing with their pets unless those pets are VERY high level, and even then i'm not so sure they can do it w/o sweating a lot.

~S

I appreciate that, but there is another issue you touched on...at best we become a "sometimes tank" while the herc takes everything else...I don't see that as an appropriate compromise...Maybe I'm alone on this.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There is a difference...the problem is it costs a barbarian money to tank..it really doesn't cost a veno anything...and noone is willing to compensate a tank for the repair bill they get for helping, thats why most don't tank bosses. I would gladly do it, but when I ask for some form of payment people get pissed.
    as I stated in my post above about Barbs and debuffing bosses. My FB69 was done by a Barb and a Sakiyuri's Light (spelling?) Mold dropped. I told the party the ONLY mold drops I was interested in was the Demon's Heart Ring mold, and the Cape of Tauran Chieftein molds. ANY other mold the group was welcome to. Barb got the mold.

~S
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    as I stated in my post above about Barbs and debuffing bosses. My FB69 was done by a Barb and a Sakiyuri's Light (spelling?) Mold dropped. I told the party the ONLY mold drops I was interested in was the Demon's Heart Ring mold, and the Cape of Tauran Chieftein molds. ANY other mold the group was welcome to. Barb got the mold.

~S

I only ask for payment on bosses...FBs are payment in and of themselves..thats what pisses people off.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I appreciate that, but there is another issue you touched on...at best we become a "sometimes tank" while the herc takes everything else...I don't see that as an appropriate compromise...Maybe I'm alone on this.
    Naw, I honestly doubt you'll become a sometime tank. Maybe a sometime tank for Veno's but i'd wager more often than not, People will prefer a Barb and their agro gaining and keeping abilities over a Veno's pet. TBH if they don't, I personally think they are idiots.

I'd rather have a Barb tanking for me on FB's and Bosses, even ones I KNOW I can solo. It just makes it a LOT safer for all around. Granted that is me. And not others.

~S
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i can solo up to fb59 with herc. but it's impossible to do it on fb69 because we cannot purify herc. the last two boss will **** herc like no tomorrow :P

and i don't think your job is in danger. cause if the herc tanks. you can do in human form as a DD, in most fb i've done. that's what the barb does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I really like the hercules tanking ability and really hope it wont get nerfed (maybe cuz i have one myself b:chuckle)

But in my experience in this game with barbs having the monopoly of tanking many of them tend to get kinda spoiled and greedy. Which isn't weird when 1000 ppl asking you to do a job and your class is the only that can do it --- you get picky after a while.

So many 90+ barbs dont know the meaning of being helpfull anymore cuz theyre really tired of beeing asked/begged/spammed about tanking stuff.
    So they wont go fb unless they get to book most costly moulders to sell, same with TT, they dont go unless they can book best gold. With the herc out u dont need the barb for every single boss anymore. So barbs cant make ridiculous demands anymore like "i wont tank unless i get to book shine feels in 2-2, LY in fb79, tauren cape + xs in fb69 and behemot gold in 3-1 on every single run".

It just makes stuff alot easier...easier for guilds to farm stuff to. Good know how many times ive heard "BUT WE CANT FIND A BARB".

There is many helpfull barb tho may i add...but with herc u can finally avoid the greedy bishes b:bye
This discussion has been closed.