GM's... are the rumors true?

Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
I've heard from several people now, rumors the veno's and/or their pets (mainly the phoenix and herc) have already gotten nerfed, or the pets taken out of the game all together from the Asian servers? And it's likely to happen here as well.

Is this true? I've been to the Chinese PW site, but can't read a lick of chinese, so couldn't find answers to these rumors.

And if this is true, I would like to know how your planning on dealing with all the very angry customers your going to have, that spent so much money on these very expensive pets?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will never do anything in this world without courage.
It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
~Aristotle
Post edited by Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Still waiting for an answer. It doesn't take long to say no, the rumors are false.

I'd just like to know one way or another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've heard from several people now, rumors the veno's and/or their pets (mainly the phoenix and herc) have already gotten nerfed, or the pets taken out of the game all together from the Asian servers? And it's likely to happen here as well.

Is this true? I've been to the Chinese PW site, but can't read a lick of chinese, so couldn't find answers to these rumors.

And if this is true, I would like to know how your planning on dealing with all the very angry customers your going to have, that spent so much money on these very expensive pets?

Well, I went to the Chinese PW site and didn't read anything about taking those legendary pets out. I don't know about the nerfing since I only read like 5 or 6 pages of update notes. So if the nerfing was done a while ago in CN PW, I probably didn't catch it.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm not a GM, and I haven't played on the chinese servers, so I cannot say for sure... But, I highly doubt that a veno's pets will EVER get taken out of the game. The venomancer's entire class is constructed around the taming and usage of pets - if the lure-glitch (where unsummoning the pet only resulted in the attacked monster running at you rather than all three linked monsters) didn't exist, the veno probably wouldn't be nearly as overused.

The Hercules/Phoenix are cash-shop pets - in theory - and thus by default should be the strongest available in the game. However, because the other classes don't have the same options, they/we seem underpowdered compared to the Hercules/Phoenix-using venomancer. If the veno just uses what's available in the game of tamable pets, then a veno's pet's tanking abilities are far lower than that of a barbarian tanker. With Hercules/Phoenix in use, it comes down to the individual monster.

Nerfed? Maybe Hercules and Phoenix will be, just a bit, to balance them against other pets. Maybe the venomancer class will be slightly nerfed as well. But the pets removed entirely? Not. gonna. happen. Then they might as well remove the venomancer entirely.
    edited February 2009
    Dude your a saint amongst men. Thanks for your effort in trying to find the info on this nasty rumor.

I'd still like to see what a GM has to say on this subject. As this Veno hate fest on these forums are getting a little ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dude your a saint amongst men. Thanks for your effort in trying to find the info on this nasty rumor.

I'd still like to see what a GM has to say on this subject. As this Veno hate fest on these forums are getting a little ridiculous.

The thing is its not a "hate fest"... Every game has an overpowered cookie cutter class and it happens to be the Veno here... Of course we can all make Venos, but thats like grabbing the latest linkin park cd just because everyone else does

And the problem shows up when you try to make other chars, you have to work twice as hard to make money, which translates into having trouble getting better gear and so on

Unless you spend real money, then its not an issue

Now I think this game actually has a great class balance, its only the venos that need fixing, else itd be better than most

At the end of the day you can enjoy the game with any char, but you will never have the same luxuries as venos do... if you want all the "1337" gears with heavy refines and dont want to spend money, veno is the only way

I remember shortly after PW launched several people saying "Is this Venomancer Online?" - that speaks for itself.... Oh and yes Im guilty since my 1st char was also a Veno... And THAT is the problem, I had no other way if I wanted to be at the top... I hate the game forces you to chose a class, wish it werent so
  • bobbeh
    bobbeh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    From what I read, the phoenix in PWCN was nerfed a year ago (that was when the article was posted, although the article wasn't clear whether it's PvP damage or just overall Attack stats reduction). Flesh-ream's duration has been lowered from 5 ticks to 3 ticks.
    edited February 2009
    If they do indeed nerf the Nix here. I would like to see them give us Nix owners the option to switch to a Herc then. Seems only right, after them changing what you bought with real cash after the sale has been made.

A GM not posting here yet worry's me tho. Surely a MOD or somebody with official info has seen this thread by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well if they reduce its pvp damage I don't give a **** just keep the same pve stats.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Relax, I'm pretty sure the PvE damage isn't going to change.
    The PvP is the only thing causing problems... specifically Flesh Ream.
    A bugs a bug, and it needs to be fixed.
    Aside from that, anything else regarding venos being op should promptly be ignored seeing how they're only advantages seen from another class' point of view.

I don't think there's much left to refute the fact that Flesh Ream is bugged though.
    edited February 2009
    The longer it takes for an official answer to this thread by a GM or a MOD, or anybody from PWI the more it appears there is some nerf or something coming, and they don't want to comment on it, which would create an uproar with alot of veno's who have spent ALOT of real money in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If they do indeed nerf the Nix here. I would like to see them give us Nix owners the option to switch to a Herc then. Seems only right, after them changing what you bought with real cash after the sale has been made.

thats like saying you want your money for lets say Starcraft back because they nerfed a unit that youre using constantly with a new patch
    edited February 2009
    No, it's more like you spent hard earned cash to buy a nice new BMW, and a month later in the middle of the night the dealer you bought the awesome new car from came and switched it to a Ford Focus.

Anybody in this situation would be pissed off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Perhaps, yes, it should be allowed for Venomancers to trade in their Phoenix for a Hercules if the phoenix is indeed nerfed in PVE. But, then we'd probably just get the triads about how "I want 2 trad mi herc 4 fenix!!!1eleventy!!" b:surrender

The only reason for why Venos are such a money-making machine is because they're the only ones who can tame the rare pets needed for all-class pets. So the only way for the five other classes to have a little useless critter following them around, is to pay the venomancers for said critter. Or the venomancer manages to tame a rare pet and can sell it to another venomancer for an almost ridiculous amount of money.

I mean, if archers could fabricate Fashion, then they'd make a load of coin easily. So don't blame the venos for having an easy time to make money - blame the other players for buying pets off the venos and making it easy for them to make money.
  • Jitora - Lost City
    Jitora - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, yes it is from another classes point of view, a barbarians this time. But when a Venos pet is actually a preferred method of tanking, and actual barbarians get shunned because of various reasons. This is in my opinion a problem, a Class basically designed to be a tank...is no longer allowed to, because the pet class has a pet (expensive as it may be) which in some cases does a better job, with no repair bill or heiro ticks. So by not taking a barb..they actually make more money...depressing.
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First of all relax, this is one in a million threads with the word veno in it, and only one in 100,000 of those threads is actually worth reading. Besides that, GMs are not required to respond to players whining, or in rare cases just wanting to know something. In this case specifically if they said the veno or herc were gonna be nerfed in the near future or confirmed that in other versions they were nerfed somehow, it would cause wide spread panic, and most likely herc and/or nix sales would plumet, which is a great sorce of money for them.

As for needing a herc for tanking, its not true. Do you know where most of the herc's ability comes from? Its skills. I asked a veno friend of mine thats around my veno's level what her rock's phys def was, and it was only a couple houndred less than my herc's unbuffed, and her rock's mag def was only about 500-1000 less than my herc's. Now if her rock had the same buffs my herc did, it would be able to tank almost as well. (for those that don't know the herc has a def buff that adds 150% of its def to itself [so say 5000 base would be 12500 phys def] and a mag def buff that adds 150% of its mag def to itself) All the skills the herc and nix start with can be obtained through the Dragon Temple weekly event, its just a bit of a pain getting to them, but its not impossible.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Well, yes it is from another classes point of view, a barbarians this time. But when a Venos pet is actually a preferred method of tanking, and actual barbarians get shunned because of various reasons. This is in my opinion a problem, a Class basically designed to be a tank...is no longer allowed to, because the pet class has a pet (expensive as it may be) which in some cases does a better job, with no repair bill or heiro ticks. So by not taking a barb..they actually make more money...depressing.

Well I don't know about others, but I use my herc only when there is no barb to be found. I prefer a barb tank, they do it soooooooooo much better than a herc, and can tank things a herc will NEVER hope to tank.

My idea for getting my herc was not having to wait for a barb to tank something I need because I may not find a barb that will do it for weeks.
    Main characters
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Well I don't know about others, but I use my herc only when there is no barb to be found. I prefer a barb tank, they do it soooooooooo much better than a herc, and can tank things a herc will NEVER hope to tank.

My idea for getting my herc was not having to wait for a barb to tank something I need because I may not find a barb that will do it for weeks.

Your one of the few Venos I hear say that..lol, I've known several barbs on Lost City to quit because of the Hercs.
    edited February 2009

The only reason I would EVER choose a veno over a barb is if 1) there is no barb available 2) all the barbs available suck at what they do (this happens ALOT, barbs need to learn how to build themselves as tanks, and not be idiots...) 3) if its a TT run...(only choose the veno for tanking as the pet damage isn't reduced...)
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

• Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    3) if its a TT run...(only choose the veno for tanking as the pet damage isn't reduced...)

yea...but in many cases they don't bring a barbarian because of that fact, so the barbarians (Who also need the drops) have a harder time getting them in some cases.
    edited February 2009

That sir is not right. If this is happening, and I trust you. Then that is F****d up. I feel your pain.

Maybe the barbs need to be shown some luvin' by PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    yea...but in many cases they don't bring a barbarian because of that fact, so the barbarians (Who also need the drops) have a harder time getting them in some cases.

Well, some TT bosses my herc can't handle. 1-2 drum in squad I need extra help on to tank. 1-3 I don't dare even try drum. Same with Soulbanisher, General Wurlord. No barb = no drops at all.
    Main characters
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    That sir is not right. If this is happening, and I trust you. Then that is F****d up. I feel your pain.

Maybe the barbs need to be shown some luvin' by PW.

The problem is..I'm seeing fewer and fewer barbs around, I saw alot when Lost City opened..and now, they have slowly started to disappear, some reroll..some just plain quit. So, The barb population isn't as, vocal as most.
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Well, some TT bosses my herc can't handle. 1-2 drum in squad I need extra help on to tank. 1-3 I don't dare even try drum. Same with Soulbanisher, General Wurlord. No barb = no drops at all.

Yea..lol, I'm thankful to be one of the few spared the problems, I have alot of friends who don't trust hercs. But the problem does still exist, and has effected the barbarian population as a whole.
    edited February 2009
    The problem is..I'm seeing fewer and fewer barbs around, I saw alot when Lost City opened..and now, they have slowly started to disappear, some reroll..some just plain quit. So, The barb population isn't as, vocal as most.

I'm very sad to hear this. As a veteran of several other games like this, I've seen this over and over again. Tanks become in short supply in the higher levels. It is a bad thing for any game, including this one. Rather than nerfing a veno or it's pet, which I may add would still not correct the problem of Barbs just quitting before they reach high levels. Maybe PW should make them better, thus making it easier for the poor guys to level them up. And be more in demand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I'm very sad to hear this. As a veteran of several other games like this, I've seen this over and over again. Tanks become in short supply in the higher levels. It is a bad thing for any game, including this one. Rather than nerfing a veno or it's pet, which I may add would still not correct the problem of Barbs just quitting before they reach high levels. Maybe PW should make them better, thus making it easier for the poor guys to level them up. And be more in demand.

I couldn't agree more
    edited February 2009

QFT. I was dragged along on TT 1-2 and I hadn't tanked the drum boss before so I didn't realize how hard he hit until my herc was dead...so naturally we wiped, but we did manage do do it with the two clerics doing both bubbles (woulda had the barb tank but the barb sucked...)

I actually understand the barb's plight, as in another game I was a tank, but after awhile 1) it got boring 2) I got no respect, much like other tanks 3) it was taking alot longer to level solo (and parties are hard to come by in anygame, much less competant ones...). Also when a class can be replaced by another class, then its basically the death of the replaced class, sad as it is.

• Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I actually understand the barb's plight, as in another game I was a tank, but after awhile 1) it got boring 2) I got no respect, much like other tanks 3) it was taking alot longer to level solo (and parties are hard to come by in anygame, much less competant ones...). Also when a class can be replaced by another class, then its basically the death of the replaced class, sad as it is.

Yea...especially when The class replacing us has no worries with Repair bills for tanking.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Relax, I'm pretty sure the PvE damage isn't going to change.
    The PvP is the only thing causing problems... specifically Flesh Ream.
    A bugs a bug, and it needs to be fixed.
    Aside from that, anything else regarding venos being op should promptly be ignored seeing how they're only advantages seen from another class' point of view.

I don't think there's much left to refute the fact that Flesh Ream is bugged though.

ok, I guess I don't get it.. people are complaining about phoenixes and flesh ream all the time.. are phoenixes the only pets with flesh ream? I have a kowlin with flesh ream.. upgraded to lvl 5 so it holds agro better.. does that not mean that he should be nerfed also? what they should do is not nerf the pets, but fix the glitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The thing is its not a "hate fest"... Every game has an overpowered cookie cutter class and it happens to be the Veno here...

actually bms and wbs are even more overpowered. especially since they practically deleted the dmg reflect skills...

A GM not posting here yet worry's me tho. Surely a MOD or somebody with official info has seen this thread by now.

Be worried, I've also heard they'll gimp us.
    And if they nerf nixes after a 5 year old bug, we most certainly do deserve to trade our nix for a herc.

But hey, the gms don't know fair, afterall they haven't deleted Yoshiki's bow gained from Korren using the guard bug to instantly kill harpy wraith the unkillable boss. Because he made it +10 or 11, and afterall, as Deity shows from causing the cube prices to change, if you spend mass money the gms are at your command. Of course making it +11 is irrelevant since the gms could just give him replacement gems and refine orbs... but that's still a $2000 item now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Jitora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    actually bms and wbs are even more overpowered. especially since they practically deleted the dmg reflect skills...

Didn't you 2 shot me a few weeks ago?...well and your pheonix
This discussion has been closed.