Part two of the veno argument: Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

Options
Aerilius - Heavens Tear
Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
This thread is a continuation (and hopefully the conclusion) of the thread posted here.

As a class, Venomancers have the option to save up coins to buy the two legendary pets, the Phoenix and Baby Hercules. These two pets present huge advantages. Many players of other classes have complained endlessly that the advantages are unfair, because the other classes don't get any special items of their own.

A lot of venomancers argue that their class should not be nerfed, and neither should their pets. This makes sense, considering that venomancers definitely do have weaknesses, and the Phoenix/Herc better be as good as they are, considering they cost about $200 each.

The idea is this: Give every other class their own special items that they can buy for $200. Venomancers and their pets wouldn't be nerfed, everyone else would no longer be able to complain about how venos get the opportunity to use the two legendary pets due to having their own legendary items to use, and on top of that, PWI would be able to make more money due to adding new items to the game that players can buy. These items could possibly be, for example:

- An item that grants perfect accuracy to archers
- An item that cuts the cast time for the spells of wizards in half
- An item that allows clerics to do a perfect, 0% exp-loss resurrection

Those are just ideas off the top of my head - not sure how well they would work, but you get the idea.

Do you agree or disagree?

EDIT: I did not realize that GM's have no control over content that goes into the game, and that the developers are in China (or so I've been told). Therefore, there really isn't much point to this thread. My apologies.
Post edited by Aerilius - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ayreon - Lost City
    Ayreon - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You're an idiot.
    NosVadumProspicioExFurtim
    -We shall Prosper With Stealth
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You're an idiot.

OMG I got to work, log on and see this! It made me LOLz!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No, the only problem with it is in regards to pvp. This is what has people screaming and crying because the pheonix does too much damage with the bugged skill. The solution is very simple, reduce flesh ream back to a 75% reduction [damage] in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    or... give the option to buy the thing for $200+ and then charge 2 gold a week (or Xmil for a limited availability item from a discontinued quest) + a few hundred thousand regularly... just to further maintain that $200 item.

i JUST figured out why i'm a broke veno.. i got a nix and a herc. and all THAT ^^ is what we who have these pets do to maintain them.
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No.
    Maybe this is all an elaborate scheme by PWI.
    1. First we buff Venos. Everyone buys stuff for venos.
    2. 6 months after, we buff wizards. Everyone switches over to wizzies. Buys more stuff. If venos complain, we can say, 'hey, we're just levelling the playing field.'
    3. 8 months after, do the same for bms etc... b:laugh

Partially joking...
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This guy must have a lot of Veno-envy to keep making these threads.
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I say yes, but only because I'd love an item that increased barb's pDef or health by like 500% or something.

Gimme gimme gimme! b:victory
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This guy must have a lot of Veno-envy to keep making these threads.

No matter how much I deny that, I keep getting accused of it.

Please answer in the poll.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No matter how much I deny that, I keep getting accused of it.

Please answer in the poll.
    You're the one making the threads, must mean that much to you.

and I did answer a firm No. because I dont believe the legendary pets are as imbalanced as thier claims, the servers just arent mature enough for the balance.

Also it will never happen, so the thread is pointless. Plus you smell.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This thread is a continuation (and hopefully the conclusion) of the thread posted here.

As a class, Venomancers have the option to save up coins to buy the two legendary pets, the Phoenix and Baby Hercules. These two pets present huge advantages. Many players of other classes have complained endlessly that the advantages are unfair, because the other classes don't get any special items of their own.

A lot of venomancers argue that their class should not be nerfed, and neither should their pets. This makes sense, considering that venomancers definitely do have weaknesses, and the Phoenix/Herc better be as good as they are, considering they cost about $200 each.

The idea is this: Give every other class their own special items that they can buy for $200. Venomancers and their pets wouldn't be nerfed, everyone else would no longer be able to complain about how venos get the opportunity to use the two legendary pets due to having their own legendary items to use, and on top of that, PWI would be able to make more money due to adding new items to the game that players can buy. These items could possibly be, for example:

- An item that grants perfect accuracy to archers
    - An item that cuts the cast time for the spells of wizards in half
    - An item that allows clerics to do a perfect, 0% exp-loss resurrection

Those are just ideas off the top of my head - not sure how well they would work, but you get the idea.

Do you agree or disagree?

Anyone that has weapon +12 can 1-2 (Grade 16 is 1 shot) a phoenix and veno can only run, that explain why so many demon veno.

Not sure about here but in CN Phoenix has it damage reduce to 300 per hit in open PvP, guess everyone will be happy ( I will be asking for refund if this happen here b:laugh ). Bramble and hook will not work on pvp (only work in pve and tw) but it absort damage, not even refect so dont worry tanker. Veno will get the best short end of the stick when come to end game content.

It is still too early to judge as PWI not mature yet. When most of the player has weapon/armor +8, +10 even +12
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    have you heard of a litle thing called dragon orbs? spend 200$ on that and you are just as strong as phoenix.

We should label these posts "yalvp" = yet another lame veno post.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyone that has weapon +12 can 1-2 (Grade 16 is 1 shot) a phoenix and veno can only run, that explain why so many demon veno.

Not sure about here but in CN Phoenix has it damage reduce to 300 per hit in open PvP, guess everyone will be happy ( I will be asking for refund if this happen here b:laugh ). Bramble and hook will not work on pvp (only work in pve and tw) but it absort damage, not even refect so dont worry tanker. Veno will get the best short end of the stick when come to end game content.

It is still too early to judge as PWI not mature yet. When most of the player has weapon/armor +8, +10 even +12

I too will be asking for a refund if the Nix takes a serious hit. A sawfly isn't that much worse than a Nix if you upgrade it's skills. It's like buying a BMW, and a month later they come in the middle of the night and replace it with a Ford Focus. Somebody will be hung in the morning when I find out who did it.

I didn't pay $180 to have basically what I could have had for free in a Sawfly or a Magmite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I too will be asking for a refund if the Nix takes a serious hit. A sawfly isn't that much worse than a Nix if you upgrade it's skills. It's like buying a BMW, and a month later they come in the middle of the night and replace it with a Ford Focus. Somebody will be hung in the morning when I find out who did it.

I didn't pay $180 to have basically what I could have had for free in a Sawfly or a Magmite.

Yeh. You take phoenix skills to sawfly and it better than phoenix itself b:chuckle
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You're an idiot.

AHAHAHAb:laugh

Couldn't stop laughing xD

and I vote NO. If you want $200 items... let us buff our pets with bramble guard at least :P [?]
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How bout this: NERF the nix and herc, don't make the other classes more OP. Why would you give every class the option of a crazy item? It only gives us more problems. Some people can't afford 20 mil you know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How bout this: NERF the nix and herc, don't make the other classes more OP. Why would you give every class the option of a crazy item? It only gives us more problems. Some people can't afford 20 mil you know...

what's wrong with the herc? it wont give venos any advantage in pvp... golems hit stronger...

and u said it... some people can't afford 20 mil... those who can get phoenixes and hercs... nuff said
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So what is your COMPLAIN here ?
    Is it veno class overpower or its CS pets ?
    If a veno with a golem/sawfly, would that player be overpower ?

ask yourself what you are asking here.
    you are asking PWI to nerf the pet so that their pet sux like every
    pet in the game. so they can remove this from their CS cause no one
    going to ever buy it.
    every class can make coin in game. long as you dont zhen and burn
    charm like there is no tomorrow.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So what is your COMPLAIN here ?
    Is it veno class overpower or its CS pets ?
    If a veno with a golem/sawfly, would that player be overpower ?

ask yourself what you are asking here.
    you are asking PWI to nerf the pet so that their pet sux like every
    pet in the game. so they can remove this from their CS cause no one
    going to ever buy it.
    every class can make coin in game. long as you dont zhen and burn
    charm like there is no tomorrow.

totally agree...
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think i just read a thread where they said bramble or something has already been nerfed.

In that thread some guy said something about a coming patch where nix bug will be solved or something.....i dunno. Go read it. it's on the first page of General discussion.

Or u could take my advice i posted in the 36 page long thread about the same issue....and just Laugh:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ah what the heck.
    Since that other thread is dying/Dead.

I'll post my message of happiness here:)

Hey ppl.Don't be so glum:)

There is always a way to find a positive in any situation and laugh from it.

The game is how it is. what happens later, we will never know. BUT we can make the best of it:)

Venos get nerfed?=Laugh! cos you get to kill em easier!

Venos don't get nerfed?=Laugh! cos they could only beat you cos they have a pheonix.

Venos get to solo stuff?=Laugh! Cos we get to buy their stuff,they spend loads of time on running instances and such.

Venos don't get to solo stuff?=Laugh! Cos then you actually get to feel the thrill and rush of hunting it yourself!

I could go on and on......Bottom line is,theres an upside to everything. Just find it and don't be bitter either way.

Just lending a machete to your intellectual thicket:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hehe,I like the way you see things b:cute .

But now seriously guys,I could take other games for example so let's say wow:pls tell me for those of you who played it if you saw a pet in wow that can solo kill a player of same lvl(priest or mage or warlock or mby even rogue but let's stick with the robes for now) with let's say medium gears in 15-30 seconds(5-10 for phoenix)? The pets are ment to tank for you and assist you thus making you the best solo class as pet users mostly are since that's they'r main role in all games.The pet shoudn't be able to kill players alone it should be an AI assistant yet alone kill you in a few seconds.
    +12 weapon? Now you all know that refining can reach ALLOT higher costs than your 200$ phoenix cost and yet still not compared to it and so what if it's +12? it's not like your can't have a +12 weapon or equipment yourself + your flaming chicken.
    Honestly you guys realize that ppl will always say some class is OVP in all games and allot of that is just a comment made out of rage for the moment because mby they can't beat it.But when like all the other classes keep complaining about the same thing over and over again in dozens of threads,forums and in-game all the time,then there's deffinetly something wrong that need's to be looked into.You can't possibly claim that every1 of the 5 others classes is an idiot and just like's to whine;while ofc there always are ppl like that ,they can't ALL be like that,get my point?
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well yes, it is rather odd alot of users are complaining about it...

Cash shop items for all classes would be r-tarded..
    Reducing flesh realm in pvp whould be good.
    Complaining about phoenixes being over powered is annoying.

So its really not a big deal to me either way. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Reducing phoenix's damage in pvp to 300 a hit...
    If CN servers really did that.. I don't see whats the problem.
    While I was getting pked by a veno, her phoenix's initial damage really was just 435 on a robe user. Its not that much. It was the ticking of the bleed which kills, and that's really the only bug venos have.

I think we need not blow out of proportion the things that needs "fixing" on a veno.
    Things are fine as they are, except Flesh Ream.
    That's all.

Btw, 200 dollars would bring a weapon to roughly... +8 I believe?
    I don't think that would allow anyone to one hit a veno unless you're an archer.
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't know if is true but i read just the Demon/Sage version of Revive recover 100% exp ;)

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hard Facts. Can't be Disputed as I pulled them straight from PWI's own ranking system.

Lost City Level Rankings:

Archer:20
    Cleric:5
    Wizard:6
    Venomancer:9
    Blademaster:5
    Barbarian:5

Heaven's Tear Level Rankings:

Archer:13
    Cleric:9
    Wizard:7
    Venomancer:9
    Blademaster:3
    Barbarian:9

Sanctuary Level Rankings:

Archer: 11
    Cleric: 9
    Wizard: 6
    Venomancer: 14
    Blademaster: 7
    Barbarian: 3

Lost City PVP Rankings:

Archer:22
    Cleric:2
    Wizard:7
    Venomancer:7
    Blademaster:5
    Barbarian:7

Heaven's Tear PVP Rankings:

Archer:16
    Cleric:8
    Wizard:8
    Venomancer:7
    Blademaster:8
    Barbarian:3

Sanctuary PVP Rankings:

Archer:20
    Cleric:5
    Wizard:9
    Venomancer:10
    Blademaster:4
    Barbarian:2

CROSS SERVER LEVEL RANKINGS BY CLASS (all three servers combined):

Archer:44
    Venomancer:32
    Cleric:23
    Wizard:19
    Barbarian:17
    Blademaster:15

CROSS SERVER PVP RANKINGS BY CLASS (all three servers combined):

Archer:58
    Wizard:24
    Venomancer:24
    Blademaster:17
    Cleric:15
    Barbarian:12

If we were so overpowered. There would be far more of us there than you see. You can't argue facts. We rank at best, SECOND with archers ranking first when all servers are taken into consideration.

COMBINE both LEVEL and PVP rankings and this is what you get:

Archer:102
    Venomancer:56
    Wizard:43
    Cleric:38
    Blademaster:32
    Barbarian:29

Veno's ranking a distant second. So much for our overpowered class.

~S
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Keep in mind those who have a lot of pvp experience started off as archers because archers are widely regarded as the strongest pvp oriented characters.
    While many argue that if venos were so overpowered, people should all roll venos, that's not necessarily true.

After all, those with pvp rankings usually earned it far before phoenixes were out.
    Not many are willing to throw away months of hardwork to roll a new class simply because of one little flesh ream.

Having a phoenix doesn't magically give you 100+ hours to go pking to top ranking.
    Its earned over periods of time. Its not enough proof to say that just because Venos are on the lower count of pvp ranking, to say their flesh ream doesn't give them an advantage.

People simply prefer to stick with the class they've spent months on.
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    not everyone wants to play overpowered class. made a veno because it had pets, but errr it was hell boring, so trashed it
    and i like idea about hercules and pheonix for all classes, only then we also would need pet healing and reviving skill...
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i wish you people would stop QQing about "bleed" because it does what it is supposed to do. damage over time. 9 seconds for 1-2 extra hits. same thing as if you'd been poisoned.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yea veno is easy to lvl1-60 but what after that poor veno need grind alone cuz noone want veno in zhen party...and TT solo is not worth of it anymore since christmas event fked up mirage prices etc..i made few 2-1 solo runs few days ago i got 5 mirages some skulls 2 klunkys 1 fengs black armor...i paid abt 230k of those runs and got nothing and what comes to pvp i dont have herc/nix but hey atleast if u are in sp u can kill venos pet who is in safe pk mode on..and nerf veno and her pets? if that happens i wish u a luck with ur fb's etc...and yea i know there is light/heavy build for venos but with those builds u cant solo anything...so how about nerf archer's critical hits like from 18% to 3% it sounds fair for me ^^
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Consider this.
    1. How many do you know have +12 weapons? What level are they? What level do most venos get phoenixes these days? What's with the huge level difference (exp wise)?
    Edit: Took out point 2, it was too skewed.
    Don't even talk about demon venos. We're talking about the game in general, not the people who actually play long enough to get past lvl 89. Many will never even see that level.