Part two of the veno argument: Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

Comments

• Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I for one, as a Veno, am in full support of the idea that if we can buy a really hadcore insanely powerful weapon (Herc/Nix) that the same should be true of every class. We can do just fine without these two but they are really nothing more than super weapons we can buy and no other class has an equivilant item to purchase.

Personally, I really do not like Herc or Nix and will not use either. My main reason being that I do not want to be a carbon copy character as that is SO boring. I freely admit these two are really potent and superior to any other pet but they lack style (Herc is one ugly ****) and just like the Rock I am not going to be like everyone else and use the same tired old character designs. I feel the Pet is one of the most intense ways you can show who you are and what you are like and I am not a power gamer nor an unimaginitive follower.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    have you heard of a litle thing called dragon orbs? spend 200$ on that and you are just as strong as phoenix.

We should label these posts "yalvp" = yet another lame veno post.

another comment on this post and why its a lame point to this debate.

unless i'm wrong with my numbers, that is.

but i jus went to the jewelcrafter and figured as best i could the cheapest way to +12 a weapon with dragon orbs and i got this...

total cost to +12 with dragon orbs from +0: $2977.50

(and its said) cost to get a phoenix: $200

now, unless my numbers are wrong, how's this person figure spending that much money to +12 a weapon equalizes a phoenix thats been trained with flesh ream? lol

if anyone's done +12 and knows the actual cost, feel free to correct me on the cost of all the dragon orbs to do that with. :)

and btw, i'm not against veno's.. i actually have a low lvl one with a crystalline magmite, and i think a highlands tortise with a petite sawfly in the bank for later lol. but i'm not much with the idea of there being a superweapon pet that can solo TT or kill anything in pvp and the other classes dont have anything like that (especially when everyone knows, and even veno's themselves have admitted one of those pets trained with flesh ream is bugged)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I said no but on the topic of Venos and I do have one.I would like to see them not res thier pet while in an FB attacking a boss as the boss will take thier focus off of thme and on to others.I would just throw scrarabs at them and let the BM or Barbs do the physical damage.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *shudder* looka that demon ironwood, increases in crit chances, 5s purge

demon in general just seems so much more attack oriented and mobile, both paths have very distinct advantages, dont make it out like ppl go demon so they can flee in terror when their poor bird dies
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    An item that allows clerics to do a perfect, 0% exp-loss resurrection

Yeah, that is just what clerics need, to spend $200 to enhance a spell that is already useless to them. At the very least such an improvement should allow the cleric to cast this 0% exp-loss revive spell on themselves so that revive would actually have a use for the cleric for a change (other than its wonderful current value of people thinking it is okay to constantly pester you to stop playing and raise them because they were stupid enough to get themselves killed and apparently thought it was only fair that you pay for their mistake by coming and reviving them).
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Yeah, that is just what clerics need, to spend $200 to enhance a spell that is already useless to them. At the very least such an improvement should allow the cleric to cast this 0% exp-loss revive spell on themselves so that revive would actually have a use for the cleric for a change
    $200 will buy you 250 guardian angels and resurrect scrolls, accomplishing exactly what you propose.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    $200 will buy you 250 guardian angels and resurrect scrolls, accomplishing exactly what you propose.

ahh so those 250 GAs last them forever?
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    who the hell would spend that much rl money on GA's? ;o
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    who the hell would spend that much rl money on GA's? ;o

Anyone on a pk server.b:laugh
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Anyone on a pk server.b:laugh

Since clearly everyone should carry GAs on a PK server since afterall, 0% exp loss and a 10% chance of dropping an item while white named is so awful...

Yeah, right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Since clearly everyone should carry GAs on a PK server since afterall, 0% exp loss and a 10% chance of dropping an item while white named is so awful...

Yeah, right.

uve never had good gear have u?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ahh so those 250 GAs last them forever?

No, but unless you're incompetent it'll be a long, long, looooong time before you reach 250 exp-losing deaths. If you play 5 days a week and die once a day, it'll last you a year (by which time I'd probably be bored with this game and have moved on to something else). Dunno about the rest of you but I only die about once every 3-5 days I play, unless I just leveled and am willing to try something crazy or stupid.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I couldn't be bothered to read through all this stuff....

But I'll say this. I dont think venos are hated as much as they are envied. And they are envied not for their PvP prowess nor their uber pets. They are envied for a very simple reason......the root of all evil...money!

The game play was originally designed to make a veno a really profitable character, i.e. no repairs, minimum pot/charm costs, maximum earning. They were meant to be able to handle (profitably) mobs 10+ levels higher than they are (a feat only a few well built and geared non veno classes can manage). And with good reasons! The venos have an incredible constant cost with pet food that they need to supply constantly.

Introducing items like the Xmas blessing (which although limited are still too damn numerous), offset that cost to a great deal. Why else would an item's value more than quadruple in less than 3 months. Now venos don't need to feed pets as often, and as a result "tend" to save up more money which means they get to afford the best gear and numerous charms and maybe eventually even the legendary pets.

The introduction of the legendary pets (particularly the herc) meant that now the venos could start soloing instances like TT even earlier (a lvl 70 veno now can do what a lvl 85 did earlier) and so manged to profit even more. This has only served to aggravate the veno hate (jealously?), since after all, even at lvl 80 my barb wouldn't be able to solo TT1-1 b:chuckle. Now I know solo mode is a reduced drop rate, but one veno does profit more from 2 mat drops in solo than a party of six would from even 8 or 9 dropping in party mode.

Well now that my reasoning has been explained, I think there are only two fixes required (which actually are the same fix).
    1. Let the phoenix flesh ream work as every other pet skill would work in PvP. Maybe even increase the skill's damage some, but let it retain the damage reduction system.
    2. Extend the 75% damage reduction that all other classes face in TT and such dungeons to all veno pets.

I really think that would end this anti-venoism that seems to be spreading these days. People that spent all that money on the legendarys would still get their moneys worth and the people that spent just as much without playing a veno, will not have as much to gripe about.

Thats my $0.02 anyways.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Senyo - Heavens Tear
    Senyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ... Clerics already have a 0% exp loss rez. it's called demon/sage.

and why would I want to spend $200 on rezing other ppl with 0% exp loss?

I'd want something to make me less squishy or let me do more damage.

Now here's an idea, how about something that can tank for me? or lets see, maybe something that can fly out at the target at insane speeds to first stun, and then take out the enemy within seconds?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Idiots...
    Coming on here complaining that venos have pets and can solo instances other classes can't is just the same as me coming on here complaining I cant aoe grind as efficiently as an axe blademaster can.. or I cant crit as often or as high as archers can.. or I cant heal and buff myself like clerics can.

You want to solo, have absolutly nothing to do with other classes, be completly independant and make some serious money? Play a veno.

You want insane crit damage, and be a pvp king? Play an archer.

You want insane HP and tanking abilities? Play a barb.

You want to support, buff and ressurect? Play a cleric.

@ Clerics and wizards. So you're squishy and want to do something about it? Well, you could always restat for a different armour build (light or heavy armour) or you're not playing the right class. Dont blame the venos, roll a blademaster or barb instead.

Other classes wont get other pets, other classes are not all venomancers. You ask anyone on these forums or in-game that you want a class which can use pets to assist attacking, can solo well and make money they will tell you venomancer.

Also on a side note, venomancers have alot lesser magic attack compared to clerics and wizards ...actually compared to all classes as pure builds at the same levels. Their pets make up for what they lack, they do not add extra damage so to speak.

Also, cutting down pet's damage on bosses in TT instances would completly nerf them, and take an incredibly longer time to kill bosses. That damage is what helps the hercules pet keep aggro. If venomancers are going to spend 200$ or more on a legendary pet is better be bloody well worth the money spent, same goes for any class who spends such an amount on very good gear.

Those who whine and complain they cant have pets to tank for them or make money the way venos do you obviously chose the wrong class and guess what, you have heaps of slots to make other characters. I know main character such as blademasters and barbs who did the smart thing by making an alt veno to 60, got it a herc and farmed instead of complaining to dead ears on the forums.

Oh and for the clerics QQing that they cant have a personal tank.... you're a cleric for frick's sake find a barbarian or blademaster partner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    I waas going to mak a claric or wizurd...bat I said, why nat mak venmencer? Thay hef heal spell nd mana spells with a 24/7 on duteh tank. They hef good damege liek a wizurd.

VENOMENCER FTW!111!!
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I waas going to mak a claric or wizurd...bat I said, why nat mak venmencer? Thay hef heal spell nd mana spells with a 24/7 on duteh tank. They hef good damege liek a wizurd.

VENOMENCER FTW!111!!

Can i get a translation please?
    edited April 2009
    Can i get a translation please?

I very much considered rolling a wizard or cleric. But then I ran across a new class: venomancers. After very heavy comparison tests on these three classes, I realized the venomancer was far superior. They combine elements of both wizard and cleric but with one major advantage; they have a pet.

Why play a squishy class when you can have a squishy class that has its own tank? b:shocked
  • Peritia - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    uve never had good gear have u?

I have great gear. I just happen to actually say... WEAR it.

White-named players cannot drop an equipped item.

Hence my comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009
    I have great gear. I just happen to actually say... WEAR it.

White-named players cannot drop an equipped item.

Hence my comment.

oooh remember that "i quit PW" thread awhile earlier from someone on LC?
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Introducing items like the Xmas blessing (which although limited are still too damn numerous), offset that cost to a great deal. Why else would an item's value more than quadruple in less than 3 months.

Of course "items like christmas blessing" have been available in-game since pwi's release. And, perhaps coincidentally, they cost maybe 2-3 million each on sanctuary.
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009
    2-3mil is admittedly well worth it for wat it gives tho, wat r u trying to say?
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    2-3m isn't well worth what it gives anymore haha .. now that people are figuring out rebirth orders and more and more tomes are popping up.. they'll all drop in price

also since when has a christmas blessing been available since the game was introduced? it was a christmas event item.. hence the "christmas" blessing
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Am I the only poor veno on PWI that DOESN'T have a herc / nix?
    With the coin that I make atm, I can't afford one, let alone the upkeep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    nah my girlfriend has a lvl 77 veno and has only been able to afford 2000 source so far (900 something that were a gift from me b:chuckle).. long way for her to go still
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I disagreed and voted no..... b:shutup

I think that things should say the same, but yea, the bug should be fixed b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Its all because of Flesh Ream.
    Nothing else.
    Those who try to nerf venos any other way can promptly be ignored.
    Seriously, a phoenix's bleed hits for about 300 - 400 initial damage.
    That I suspect is the phoenix's damage, its really not that high.

It is all because of Flesh Ream's unreduced damage which caused this uproar.
  • Peritia - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    oooh remember that "i quit PW" thread awhile earlier from someone on LC?

I'm offended by being lumped in with the OP from that thread.

If you're on a PVP server and carry valuables in your inventory, don't QQ when you lose them.

I only have cheap replaceable **** in my inventory. My valuables are either equipped, or stay at home in my safe. Although I don't PK, if I did I would buy Guardian Angels or use Binding Charms.

My point is, there's no reason for "everyone" on a PVP server to carry Guardian Angels. It's ridiculous.

For those of you unfamiliar with the PK drop system:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Idiots...
    Coming on here complaining that venos have pets and can solo instances other classes can't is just the same as me coming on here complaining I cant aoe grind as efficiently as an axe blademaster can.. or I cant crit as often or as high as archers can.. or I cant heal and buff myself like clerics can.

You want to solo, have absolutly nothing to do with other classes, be completly independant and make some serious money? Play a veno.

You want insane crit damage, and be a pvp king? Play an archer.

You want insane HP and tanking abilities? Play a barb.

You want to support, buff and ressurect? Play a cleric.

@ Clerics and wizards. So you're squishy and want to do something about it? Well, you could always restat for a different armour build (light or heavy armour) or you're not playing the right class. Dont blame the venos, roll a blademaster or barb instead.

Other classes wont get other pets, other classes are not all venomancers. You ask anyone on these forums or in-game that you want a class which can use pets to assist attacking, can solo well and make money they will tell you venomancer.

Also on a side note, venomancers have alot lesser magic attack compared to clerics and wizards ...actually compared to all classes as pure builds at the same levels. Their pets make up for what they lack, they do not add extra damage so to speak.

Also, cutting down pet's damage on bosses in TT instances would completly nerf them, and take an incredibly longer time to kill bosses. That damage is what helps the hercules pet keep aggro. If venomancers are going to spend 200$ or more on a legendary pet is better be bloody well worth the money spent, same goes for any class who spends such an amount on very good gear.

Those who whine and complain they cant have pets to tank for them or make money the way venos do you obviously chose the wrong class and guess what, you have heaps of slots to make other characters. I know main character such as blademasters and barbs who did the smart thing by making an alt veno to 60, got it a herc and farmed instead of complaining to dead ears on the forums.

Oh and for the clerics QQing that they cant have a personal tank.... you're a cleric for frick's sake find a barbarian or blademaster partner.

Venos are actually the kings of pvp with a phoenix that is what the complaints are about. Every other complaint is from stupid noobs who just want to complain.

So you know archer crits dont do much damage compared to the three casting classes, mages clerics and indeed venos do more damage than archers and so obviously do more damage when they crit. The advantage of an archer is they crit more often not their crit damage. If a mage crits they will generally one-shot people, clerics will come close and wf my level generally crit me prety high too.

The reason wf can use builds which increase survivability but sacrifice damage is their pet. Their pet is a damage constant so whereas mages/cleric suffer reduced damage when using light/heavy/vit builds wf reduction isnt as great as their pet still deals constant damage. So you simply cant tell a mage/ep go light or heavy as it doesnt work as well as it does for wf. You may talk about wf having less mattack than other robes but they also get more hp/level and hp/vit. So in fact all the claims of wf being soo much squishier is not true.

Nerfing wf in any way other than bleed damage will cripple the class and anyone suggesting this is plain stupid.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    fix the god damed bleed

there isnt much else to say...

and make it so that air pets suffer damage penalty when they are attacking ground/water mobs