Part two of the veno argument: Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    and make it so that air pets suffer damage penalty when they are attacking ground/water mobs
    I'll have to double check this to make sure but I believe they already do.

It's kinda hard for me to tell though as none of my pets have the same stats at the same levels so using a ground pet on one mob and using an air pet on another to cross reference the damage outputs will be a bit tough for me anyway.

If anyone actually knows for sure (GM's response here would be nice), i'd love to know one way or another. But i'm fair sure (not 100%) that air pets do reduced damage to ground and water mobs already.

~S
  • Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You're an idiot.

+1

Not to mention adding accuracy to archers = no class would survive in PvP. Go die.

Wizards time cut in half = they're slow for a reason. They hit hard as ****ing hell.

Clarics get 0% loss res. = **** that. Max out res, get a few guardians and cry and river and qq in your mother's basement. No offense, but Clarics were ripped off if they did this :/

I add to the fact that yes, you're an idiot. End wall o text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Merok - Sanctuary
    Merok - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This thread is a continuation (and hopefully the conclusion) of the thread posted here.

As a class, Venomancers have the option to save up coins to buy the two legendary pets, the Phoenix and Baby Hercules. These two pets present huge advantages. Many players of other classes have complained endlessly that the advantages are unfair, because the other classes don't get any special items of their own.

A lot of venomancers argue that their class should not be nerfed, and neither should their pets. This makes sense, considering that venomancers definitely do have weaknesses, and the Phoenix/Herc better be as good as they are, considering they cost about $200 each.

The idea is this: Give every other class their own special items that they can buy for $200. Venomancers and their pets wouldn't be nerfed, everyone else would no longer be able to complain about how venos get the opportunity to use the two legendary pets due to having their own legendary items to use, and on top of that, PWI would be able to make more money due to adding new items to the game that players can buy. These items could possibly be, for example:

- An item that grants perfect accuracy to archers
    - An item that cuts the cast time for the spells of wizards in half
    - An item that allows clerics to do a perfect, 0% exp-loss resurrection

Those are just ideas off the top of my head - not sure how well they would work, but you get the idea.

Do you agree or disagree?

EDIT: I did not realize that GM's have no control over content that goes into the game, and that the developers are in China (or so I've been told). Therefore, there really isn't much point to this thread. My apologies.
    One: You are a ****ing moron to think continuing a pointless subject will get you any further than it had already gone. Which is NO WHERE.
    Two: Go ahead and try using an attack pet after the **** you say about venos. Guess which class is the only one that can heal a pet, dip **** ^^
    Three: Archers with perfect accuracy? cast time halved for Wizards? and no exp loss on res? looks like class favoritism. Good luck dude, you arent going to go far at all. More fail points for you

Archers have the best crit damage in game, if you miss thats your own problem.
    Wizards have the best OVERALL damage, thus slower casts time to balance out the positives with the negatives which is common sense for anyone not a NOOB
    And as for 0% exp loss...its called Guardian Angels. They prevent loss of items and exp. They sell fairly cheap being you get 1 for 30 SILVER. That's 30 cents in actual RL USD. If you can spend this much time wasting ours, you can easily donate $10 through mail (unless you steal your mothers credit card after at long last leaving her basement) and get 34 of em easy.

Another note to point out is that the Herc may be a good tank but it cant beat a Barb. Since you insult Venos so much, you forget they are the same race as us Barbs, who VALUE their abilities. So now you loose all forms of a Real tank and a substitute one. CG moron, shoulda gone for one of those classes instead of failing at your choice and bitching about them.

Now for everyones sake, Cry us a river, build a bridge, and Jump off it. KTHNXBYE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Is it me or were Barbs and Blademasters left out on this rant? b:chuckle

I see the favoritism now. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Is it me or were Barbs and Blademasters left out on this rant? b:chuckle

I see the favoritism now. :3

I wonder if you have ever seen somebody calling for a BM in the world chat?b:surrender
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I wonder if you have ever seen somebody calling for a BM in the world chat?b:surrender

i have
    when they call for tanks/pullers (for zhen/fb/rebirth)

ive never seen them calling for a wiz (except the extremely occasional zhen call)
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I don't think your suppose to critique his specific idea's but the fact that something should be added, such as ... .

Dont critique the ..., that isn't important.

Critique that something should be added and what it is can be decided later.
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    One: You are a ****ing moron to think continuing a pointless subject will get you any further than it had already gone. Which is NO WHERE.
    Two: Go ahead and try using an attack pet after the **** you say about venos. Guess which class is the only one that can heal a pet, dip **** ^^
    Three: Archers with perfect accuracy? cast time halved for Wizards? and no exp loss on res? looks like class favoritism. Good luck dude, you arent going to go far at all. More fail points for you

Archers have the best crit damage in game, if you miss thats your own problem.
    Wizards have the best OVERALL damage, thus slower casts time to balance out the positives with the negatives which is common sense for anyone not a NOOB
    And as for 0% exp loss...its called Guardian Angels. They prevent loss of items and exp. They sell fairly cheap being you get 1 for 30 SILVER. That's 30 cents in actual RL USD. If you can spend this much time wasting ours, you can easily donate $10 through mail (unless you steal your mothers credit card after at long last leaving her basement) and get 34 of em easy.

Another note to point out is that the Herc may be a good tank but it cant beat a Barb. Since you insult Venos so much, you forget they are the same race as us Barbs, who VALUE their abilities. So now you loose all forms of a Real tank and a substitute one. CG moron, shoulda gone for one of those classes instead of failing at your choice and bitching about them.

Now for everyones sake, Cry us a river, build a bridge, and Jump off it. KTHNXBYE

I laughed at the majority of flame in this post. Disregarding "Point 2" which the author never mentioned...I think it's rather faulty to assume "class favoritism." He was just making up examples off the top of his head, he didn't have to list an example for EVERY other class. Come on, now.
    Wizzes have the best overall damage...? Is this PvP or PvE? I bet you archers kill mobs faster than wizzes anyday. Well, I guess maybe not before lvl 19 when they don't have knockback... anyway, archers are already well known for being arguably the fastest mob killers (at least 60+), so get your facts straight.
    Herc can't tank better than barb, but it can replace it in more than enough situations. About the only bosses it "can't" tank are the debuffers and ones that just hit insanely hard, like Wurlord. AOE bosses are do-able with a cleric, which barbs would need too regardless of what they're tanking. Also, reflect + normal damage on bosses = higher attacking tankers.
    As for the same race, that's complete bull. Are all the wizzes and blademasters in the world best buddies? If a blademaster gets pked by an archer, do all the wizzes nearby jump on the archer? And what, exactly, of the venos' abilities do you "VALUE"? Spark transfer? Reflect? Lawl... No...(you have)no clue what you're talking about.
    So who exactly is the "moron"? You're just a guy who likes to spam insults to flame your post to hell.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    buncha stuff you said

Never mind. I'm just gonna laugh at you. You know why.

~S
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i give props to the makers of these threads, they try very hard to discuss what issues they have/or others have about the game

and no matter how hard they try, people come in and just complain and let them know how "insert profane comment" they are.

most people's common response to this is, ooh this subject has been brought up a million times. . well, there are new players joining everyday, not everyone knows how to search the forum and well sometimes its convenient to start up a new topic, you can't blame them for it

so lets just all chill and have a beer b:victory
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Despite all of the flame and hate that this is getting I think it's a perfectly valid point and I think it would be cool to see such expensive uber items for other classes. I have a veno as my main and I love her, but I do think it's terribly unfair for veno's to pay around $200 or 20-30mil in coin to get an uber item (pet) and no other class has that kind of opportunity.
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Despite all of the flame and hate that this is getting I think it's a perfectly valid point and I think it would be cool to see such expensive uber items for other classes. I have a veno as my main and I love her, but I do think it's terribly unfair for veno's to pay around $200 or 20-30mil in coin to get an uber item (pet) and no other class has that kind of opportunity.

i agree 100%

besides, it would only make the developers more money

just imagine how many people would buy them just to prove there character can own a nix b:chuckle
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    idk about the uber weapon idea. the thing is, every class has endgame items, equipment that takes forever to reach and once you do you attain pwi godhood, venos included. however, the pet is this thing that is in addition to equipment that adds offensive power, and stays with the veno and improve as it levels.

do you get what im saying?
    you can give an archer some broken bow for $200, but if its that kickass, it'd have to have a high level requirement, otherwise that'd just be ****ed up. the bow also can't level up, it cant get better. the phoenix's power scales, so its appropriate for venos to buy at any level

it is arguable, that another class can get great legendary/TT gear at their respective levels (full TT80 + sockets/refine is definitely 20mil+) and that would be analogous to the phoenix's power at those levels, but with a bugged flesh ream people dont see it that way, they see it as having to invest a lot more money on their gear, be much higher level, and still get ****. phoenix itself is very fair, but the bug used with the phoenix is not. frankly, the fact that orange star weapons/8jun equipment are there, will makes the developers plenty of money when more chars get to that level. think about those people who +5 refine and socket their gear, +10 refine their weapon, that should've been the equivalent of venos getting their phoenix.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Idea for new $200 items! :

Barb - Amulet that gives basedef * 150% and +5000 hp!

Archer - +500 phys damage to all attacks and increased accuracy ring.

Wizard - Increased movement speed, Dot damage on every spell, 1/2 casting time ring.

Cleric - Angel that follows and autocasts it's own heal on the cleric constantly and +2500 all defenses.

BM - 90% chance to stun with all spells ring, Dot damage on every atack.
  • Talinnia - Heavens Tear
    Talinnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hmm that was a pretty big mistake on my part, I apologize.
    So let's disregard that. Fact is, when are you going to get + 12? Not until 9xes. Venos can get phoenix at any level they want. Plus, the amount of wealth they'll be able to garner from it will probably allow them to have high refined equips by lvl 9x.

Where's my phoenix? b:puzzled
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Where's my phoenix? b:puzzled

in the $200 thats going to pwi...that is, if you want it now.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    in the $200 thats going to pwi...that is, if you want it now.

What $200?
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you tell meb:victory
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you tell meb:victory

You're not making any sense.
  • mbrunestud
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i mean at your level, you probably have to pay real money to get the phoenix if you want it now. otherwise, farm for it and you'll probably get it by the 6x.

i know several 6x archers who have accumulated 20+mil in their bank in anticipation of TT70 gear.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i mean at your level, you probably have to pay real money to get the phoenix if you want it now. otherwise, farm for it and you'll probably get it by the 6x.

i know several 6x archers who have accumulated 20+mil in their bank in anticipation of TT70 gear.

Some people have higher lvl alt characters to fund the phoenix.b:victory
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    idk about the uber weapon idea. the thing is, every class has endgame items, equipment that takes forever to reach and once you do you attain pwi godhood, venos included. however, the pet is this thing that is in addition to equipment that adds offensive power, and stays with the veno and improve as it levels.

do you get what im saying?
    you can give an archer some broken bow for $200, but if its that kickass, it'd have to have a high level requirement, otherwise that'd just be ****ed up. the bow also can't level up, it cant get better. the phoenix's power scales, so its appropriate for venos to buy at any level

it is arguable, that another class can get great legendary/TT gear at their respective levels (full TT80 + sockets/refine is definitely 20mil+) and that would be analogous to the phoenix's power at those levels, but with a bugged flesh ream people dont see it that way, they see it as having to invest a lot more money on their gear, be much higher level, and still get ****. phoenix itself is very fair, but the bug used with the phoenix is not. frankly, the fact that orange star weapons/8jun equipment are there, will makes the developers plenty of money when more chars get to that level. think about those people who +5 refine and socket their gear, +10 refine their weapon, that should've been the equivalent of venos getting their phoenix.

i like this

props, good thinking
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Idea for new $200 items! :

Barb - Amulet that gives basedef * 150% and +5000 hp!

Archer - +500 phys damage to all attacks and increased accuracy ring.

Wizard - Increased movement speed, Dot damage on every spell, 1/2 casting time ring.

Cleric - Angel that follows and autocasts it's own heal on the cleric constantly and +2500 all defenses.

BM - 90% chance to stun with all spells ring, Dot damage on every atack.

these would just not work. . . I'm sorry