Part two of the veno argument: Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

Options

Comments

• Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And they will probably never notice either until a MOD here tells them, lol.

You kidding? Even if the mods told them, the owners of PWI would be too busy rolling in gigantic piles of cash that would be made possible through my brilliant, fail-proof strategy that only stupid, small, Republican idiots disagree with.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Are you absolutely MAD?! We are not all Deities. Full +12 armor, as stated above, and a +12 weapon, will take approximately 18 GRAND!!! No ordinary person will have the money (or the desire) to spend ANYWHERE near that to simply "own" another person.

And as for the CS pets, Hercules makes me feel inferiorb:cryb:cryb:surrender

When the game gets more mature, you see items start popping up that you never see before. When player get to L100 and has nothing to do but farm money for refine. Unknowingly after a year.........
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes you do have veno-envy. Your just showing it a different way. Instead of saying bring venos down to my lvl. It's give me stuff just like the venos have. I want to be like them.

Sorry for not quoting who im responding to but my quotes don't work. He knows who he is.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes you do have veno-envy. Your just showing it a different way. Instead of saying bring venos down to my lvl. It's give me stuff just like the venos have. I want to be like them.

Sorry for not quoting who im responding to but my quotes don't work. He knows who he is.
    I use quick reply, then click the little checkbox in the bottom: "Quote message in reply?"

The quote button never works correctly for me, so I found this way is a nice alternative.
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LMAO! I kinda like the idea :) I'm a mage and I already spent like 200$ on the game and I'd gladly spend another 200$ for an item that will:
    - up my hp to 10k
    - up my pdef to 10k
    - cut my channeling times to 25%
    - increase my range to 50m

Then I can compete against a phoenixed veno in its current state:D
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ooh ooh I know! Leave the SOLO Class alone to do the soloing! It's not like the Devs control what people USE the class for.

Taking away the SOLOING capabilities of the SOLO class would make people who actually use it to SOLO would be wrong.

Quit the Q.Q and Get over yourself. Or play a Veno and be happy like the rest of us.

Catch my drift yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    play a Veno and be happy like the rest of us.

That sentence always fails. Let's all be venos! Fail.... just fail
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ooh ooh I know! Leave the SOLO Class alone to do the soloing! It's not like the Devs control what people USE the class for.

Taking away the SOLOING capabilities of the SOLO class would make people who actually use it to SOLO would be wrong.

Quit the Q.Q and Get over yourself. Or play a Veno and be happy like the rest of us.

Catch my drift yet?

You FOOL, when did I EVER say I wanted to take away ANYTHING from venos? INFIDEL! STEP OUTSIDE!
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I didnt wanan quote pages of QQing.............

So this is addressed to all the noobs QQing.....

Stop QQing.......

The options below will make everyone happy .. Now for you phoenix/herc haters..

1. Dont go in pvp
    2. Quit the game
    3. Roll to HT if ur on LC
    4. Roll to a veno n spend 200$
    5. Upgrade ur gear n lvl then 1 shot the veno
    6. Stop making threads cuz itll make venos target u more

For everyone QQing bout refining...djkinetics bows have all been +8 since lvl 53..His gear is all +5 basically..Low shard count though..xForbidden has 2 perfect accuracy shards in his axes..rest is full sharded n refined with +5s..Suntear has immaculate in his axes full sharded gear 2 misty forest rings with +5 everything refined basically...

Tbh yall need to stop QQing and go grind money........Boring.....Soon enough you'll have nothing to do but grind for money..Im not gonan refine a thing till lvl 90.
  • tatakairyu
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For everyone QQing bout refining...djkinetics bows have all been +8 since lvl 53..His gear is all +5 basically..Low shard count though..xForbidden has 2 perfect accuracy shards in his axes..rest is full sharded n refined with +5s..Suntear has immaculate in his axes full sharded gear 2 misty forest rings with +5 everything refined basically...

Tbh yall need to stop QQing and go grind money........Boring.....Soon enough you'll have nothing to do but grind for money..Im not gonan refine a thing till lvl 90.

Need to put this in your quotes of failure. It is kind of long, but it does fail.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Need to put this in your quotes of failure. It is kind of long, but it does fail.

Rofl sorry you gonna QQ bout venos being over powered? its the truth buddy :( Sorry you've yet to comprehend it.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    That sentence always fails. Let's all be venos! Fail.... just fail

Why not? I play other classes to get the FULL benefit of the game, and I think they are all jsut they way they should be. o.o;

There's nothing wrong with having more then one character. Besides, if oyu ahve a Veno you can fund whatever character you already have even better!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • tatakairyu
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Did I just QQ about them? You're the hypocrite telling people to stop crying while you yourself are doing what they are doing.

Now lets all get immaculate jewels and get all of our weapons to +8 and our armor to +5... I mean come on now, that's gotta be like way less than 200 dollars lol.

Edit:
    Why not? I play other classes to get the FULL benefit of the game, and I think they are all jsut they way they should be. o.o;

There's nothing wrong with having more then one character. Besides, if oyu ahve a Veno you can fund whatever character you already have even better!

YOU like to play classes to get get the "full benefits of the game". YOU like having more than one character and a veno to fund another character.

Never said anything was wrong with having more than one character,

People don't like the same things as you. I don't like playing venos much but I still do.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm just weighing in my opinion same as you. I'm no better or no worse. I was mostly talking to the OP'r anyways, becuase he's always complainin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Copied/pasted from another thread, in response to a question of what exactly could be used as items for the other classes to use:

"Maybe archers could get an endless supply of arrows. Maybe wizards could get a reduction on the MP cost of skills. Maybe barbarians could get a Flesh Ream that deals double damage or double length. Maybe blademasters could an increase in attack rate. I don't know, but there are too many different things to think of that could be implemented in the game, priced at whatever the price of a nix/herc is, and people would buy them. AND venomancers or the Flesh Ream of their phoenixes wouldn't have to be nerfed. Nobody would have much reason to complain anymore.

But no, apparently I'm just a total moron for even questioning the options venomancers are given. Please, I'm so sorry for trying to find a solution that would please everyone. I truly am an idiot, aren't I."

I want responses. Feedback. Instead of calling me an idiot (how mature, really), tell me why my idea won't work, and why so many venomancers are against it, when all I'm trying to do is find an idea that would avoid venomancers/phoenixes being nerfed and at the same time stop all the other classes from complaining. I'm trying to HELP.

People always find a reason to complain, if you give us(archers) endless arrows, people will qq how we can zhen forever provided we had enough charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Morrraa - Sanctuary
    Morrraa - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am not going to do the poll because I belive all classes should have a $200 item if they feel they'd like. But not necessarily a 'pet'... Like a super duper cool sword or idk something creative that I just can't think at the top of my head.
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm not voting here

but honestly. . take the phoenix and herc away from the veno's and where are they??

in pvp how well do they work?
    in TW how well do they work?

we rock in regular game. . so maybe that is what were good for

you can't nerf the pets, its unfair to all those who already have them
    the only option, and best is to give all other classes a equal cash shop item. .it makes complete sense. . barbs, get some sort of crazy armor, archers a crazy long ranged weapon, mages should get a powerful new staff (or white long beard b:chuckle). . bla bla and so on, its up to the developers on that one. .

the pet situation is being taken care with the hopeful success of the genie system. . so honestly, i cast a vote to adding new cash shop items for other classes. . besides, it will only make them more money, I'm sure they wouldn't mind : )
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The other thread was stupid, as is this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The other thread was stupid, as is this one.

yes. . because that was soo helpful

don't post unless you actually are going to make a productive comment
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yes. . because that was soo helpful

don't post unless you actually are going to make a productive comment

Any thread involving venos in the General forums at this point is stupid. Haven't you been paying attention?

Didn't you read the poll?

Didn't you read the first post?

You did read them, right?

You did note that they said it was a continuation of another thread, right? A thread that hit 70 pages of utter BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Any thread involving venos in the General forums at this point is stupid. Haven't you been paying attention?

Didn't you read the poll?

Didn't you read the first post?

You did read them, right?

You did note that they said it was a continuation of another thread, right? A thread that hit 70 pages of utter BS.

whats your saying right now is the random bs. . after all the reading i believe that the ideas coming out of it are good

quit complaing, if it bugs you just leave it alone. . yes i believe it should be in the veno forum

but the idea of adding an equivalent for other classes is something that should be in the general forums
    edited March 2009
    Options
    whats your saying right now is the random bs. . after all the reading i believe that the ideas coming out of it are good

quit complaing, if it bugs you just leave it alone. . yes i believe it should be in the veno forum

but the idea of adding an equivalent for other classes is something that should be in the general forums

The only person complaining is you. The only person bugged is you.

I made a statement based on my observations of the thread that spawned this one, and the initial post in this one.

You basically complained about that because it bugged you.

I simply asked if you had read certain items, and implied that was why I had made the simple statement I had made.

Please do understand, that I will hold you with the highest of respect should you manage to not respond to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Anyone that has weapon +12 can 1-2 (Grade 16 is 1 shot) a phoenix and veno can only run, that explain why so many demon veno.

It is still too early to judge as PWI not mature yet. When most of the player has weapon/armor +8, +10 even +12
    have you heard of a litle thing called dragon orbs? spend 200$ on that and you are just as strong as phoenix.

We should label these posts "yalvp" = yet another lame veno post.

i'm not one to enter veno debates for much of anything, because i know of many good purposes for venos... but these two points are completely invalid. these ppl say "well you other classes can spend 200 bux on dragon orbs and refine your gear"..... and veno's cant? lmao.

and surely everyone isnt saying the bleed bug on the phoenix just so they can get it "nerfed". if its a bug, it needs to be fixed. period. (wether you spent 50 bux or 300 bux, it dosent matter. bugs are bugs. would veno's like it if some other classes weapon [which is essentialy what a pet is] were bugged and could always kill them?)

i'm not against venos, but if somethin's wrong with a pet it should be fixed. i play several of the classes, and it even includes veno. but tryin to say other classes can +12 their gear (which, i think costs $200 each, not sure tho) is a big crock lol. veno's can also do that. full +12'd veno in best gear at lv100 with a phx and any other class full +12'd at lv100... who'd win?
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would rather see this pet skill fixed or completely removed instead of having everyone pay 200$ to pvp.
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would rather see this pet skill fixed or completely removed instead of having everyone pay 200$ to pvp.

+1

i mean heg.. its a $200 pet. is it not good at all unless the veno that has it trains it with the skill they know is bugged? b:chuckle
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Everon - Heavens Tear
    Everon - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This thread is a continuation (and hopefully the conclusion) of the thread posted here.

As a class, Venomancers have the option to save up coins to buy the two legendary pets, the Phoenix and Baby Hercules. These two pets present huge advantages. Many players of other classes have complained endlessly that the advantages are unfair, because the other classes don't get any special items of their own.

A lot of venomancers argue that their class should not be nerfed, and neither should their pets. This makes sense, considering that venomancers definitely do have weaknesses, and the Phoenix/Herc better be as good as they are, considering they cost about $200 each.

The idea is this: Give every other class their own special items that they can buy for $200. Venomancers and their pets wouldn't be nerfed, everyone else would no longer be able to complain about how venos get the opportunity to use the two legendary pets due to having their own legendary items to use, and on top of that, PWI would be able to make more money due to adding new items to the game that players can buy. These items could possibly be, for example:

- An item that grants perfect accuracy to archers
    - An item that cuts the cast time for the spells of wizards in half
    - An item that allows clerics to do a perfect, 0% exp-loss resurrection

Those are just ideas off the top of my head - not sure how well they would work, but you get the idea.

Do you agree or disagree?

EDIT: I did not realize that GM's have no control over content that goes into the game, and that the developers are in China (or so I've been told). Therefore, there really isn't much point to this thread. My apologies.

i realy don t know how powerfull are venos in pvp with legendary pets , but i ll try to give some other reasons to appoint your point of view. my veno is actualy lvl60 with a herc of the same lvl and i can do easily things such :

- handle more than 10 physical monsters without any repare cost or hp/mp charms;
    - clear whenever i want fb's dungons = a tons of stamps = a lot of reputation points (think about sage weap once you hit 35.000 rep and lvl90);
    - solo repeating bosses in TT and fb = $ and if u lucky some of the top molds just for you.

no one of the other races/classes are able to do so !!!b:shutup
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The idea is great but the examples not...

I have some ideas though...
    For wiz, a spell that boosts wiz phys def considerably or maybe plume shell.
    For clerics, some sort of sutra without spark usage.
    For barbs, a massive aoe+stun skill.
    For BMs, a good HP recovery+decrease interval between hits skill for all levels.
    For archers, HP recovery spell with great movement speed increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    or... give the option to buy the thing for $200+ and then charge 2 gold a week (or Xmil for a limited availability item from a discontinued quest) + a few hundred thousand regularly... just to further maintain that $200 item.

i JUST figured out why i'm a broke veno.. i got a nix and a herc. and all THAT ^^ is what we who have these pets do to maintain them.

+1
    10characters
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    i'm not one to enter veno debates for much of anything, because i know of many good purposes for venos... but these two points are completely invalid. these ppl say "well you other classes can spend 200 bux on dragon orbs and refine your gear"..... and veno's cant? lmao.

and surely everyone isnt saying the bleed bug on the phoenix just so they can get it "nerfed". if its a bug, it needs to be fixed. period. (wether you spent 50 bux or 300 bux, it dosent matter. bugs are bugs. would veno's like it if some other classes weapon [which is essentialy what a pet is] were bugged and could always kill them?)

i'm not against venos, but if somethin's wrong with a pet it should be fixed. i play several of the classes, and it even includes veno. but tryin to say other classes can +12 their gear (which, i think costs $200 each, not sure tho) is a big crock lol. veno's can also do that. full +12'd veno in best gear at lv100 with a phx and any other class full +12'd at lv100... who'd win?

But then the veno has still spent an extra $200 on their gear.
    Also, the gain a veno gets with +12 everything is less than other classes, since the +12 doesn't affect their pet at all. The pet does the same damage, and has the same HP, whilst everyone else is getting more damage and more HP.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ROFL!!!!
    b:laugh that is SO perfectly put! you are a genius!

veno envy!
    This guy must have a lot of Veno-envy to keep making these threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart