hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement

Options

Comments

• Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zdolnoc I never said that was announced. Why call me an idiot over that? I was simply expressing my opinion. There are tons of people on this thread requesting for their characters to be transferred over.

I apologize for my rash comment. I was only lightly perusing the forum when I saw your post. Now that I have thoroughly read through, I retract my previous statement and sincerely ask for your forgiveness. b:surrender
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now that, that is all cleared up. Time for my opinion!!

I personally have been considering starting a character on a PvP server and now I have the choice between 2 instead of just the one. I live in the mid-west and am, unfortunately, on a dialup connection. Now at first I was able to play with minimal lag and enjoyed it quite alot. But here lately it's been a different story. Like the GMs said, the servers are bursting at the seams. When I first started I would get ping returns of around 150ms, which is really good for a dialup connection. Now I'm getting somewhere around 254ms and can barely get through west Archo with the best performance turned on. b:sad

I definitely don't want to give up all the hard work(and money) I've put into developing Zdolnoc but I would definitely like a try at a less laggy server. Plus I could have the best of both worlds since I'm in the heart of the country. Good ole KC, MO!! b:victory
  • hysteriumx
    hysteriumx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zdolnoc I never said that was announced. Why call me an idiot over that? I was simply expressing my opinion. There are tons of people on this thread requesting for their characters to be transferred over.

i certainly hope characters DON'T transfer over, defeats the purpose of a new server.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hysteriumx wrote: »
    i certainly hope characters DON'T transfer over, defeats the purpose of a new server.

Sorry but no. The point of a new server is to stop the others from becoming over full. That is all. Character transfers serve that very purpose.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry but no. The point of a new server is to stop the others from becoming over full. That is all. Character transfers serve that very purpose.
    But I'm pretty sure they'd want to give newer players a better chance of rising to the top, and server transfers would NOT help in that respect at all.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The point of new servers is also a completely new beginning.
    If this wasnt part of the purpose they could simply increase the capacity of the previous 3.
    Common sense, something zoe lacks b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • hysteriumx
    hysteriumx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

You like contradicting yourself don't you? Earlier in the thread you say "oh my point is to make people not want to transfer" now you claim it's the purpose of a new server? How stupid are you? If their intention was strictly to make LC/HT/Sanc less crowded, character transfer CLEARLY isn't the way to do it. WTF would be the point in taking characters from 1 server and moving them to another, you're freeing up space in one to crowd another. That's like saying "hey, I feel like making room in my closet today, so I'm going to move all the **** I have on the left side to the empty right side." Is the closet ANY MORE SPACIOUS? NO. All you did was move something over.

THE POINT in a new server is to entice NEW PLAYERS (emphasis on new so you understand) to ROLL ON THAT SERVER, therefore ensuring that the ALREADY EXISTING servers do NOT get OVERCROWDED. k?
    The point of new servers is also a completely new beginning.
    If this wasnt part of the purpose they could simply increase the capacity of the previous 3.
    Common sense, something zoe lacks b:chuckle

Exactlyyyyyyyyy. <3 for common sense.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Listen person with no brains. The servers are quite seperate from each other. Taking a character from one and putting it in the other will help balance out the population for later players that will join the current servers to play with their friends. Its going to happen. Also, they already did increase server space, you can only do that so much.

Lets not forget that they are setting up these servers based on another time zone. The fact that they did not do this in the first place, leaves room for players that should have gone to an EST server in the first place, to have their characters put there, where they would be at right now anyway had the server existed. The ONLY reason to even remotely think about a server transfer is due to the time zone settings.

You only want to cry because you can't try to run the server the moment you get there.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Listen person with no brains

You only want to cry because you can't try to run the server the moment you get there.
    Cry about? about every1 starting from 0 like on all pw servers when they open? and that's how it's going no matter what we say rofl.

Listen to she who says RL pking is a must if u want to pvp online.
    nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Wouldnt taking a higher level char to a server make it easyer to "run the server the moment you get there"....

Seeing as any chars transfered will join the same guild (else they cant do anything TT etc) wont it just make that one guild "run the server"?

Wish a GM could just settle this debate......
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There's no debate rofl.
    I would LOVE to have my current char in the new server, but it's not going to happen no matter what we say.
    There has NEVER been a new server opening with old server chars, that's ****, anyone with an IQ over 5 should be able to see it.

Of course zoe is not between those ppl b:cute
    I hope zoe doesnt flee from this topic like she usually does b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They'd better not have char transfers. The only reason I'm joining Harshlands is because it'll be a PVP server without too many people far higher leveled than me.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • crimone
    crimone Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There's no debate rofl.
    I would LOVE to have my current char in the new server, but it's not going to happen no matter what we say.
    There has NEVER been a new server opening with old server chars, that's ****, anyone with an IQ over 5 should be able to see it.

Couldn't have said it better. :3
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wouldnt taking a higher level char to a server make it easyer to "run the server the moment you get there"....

Seeing as any chars transfered will join the same guild (else they cant do anything TT etc) wont it just make that one guild "run the server"?

Wish a GM could just settle this debate......

With skills and stats still intact, it would be pretty easy. Hell a lot of them you'd be able to own in fist fights...
  • Allnighte - Lost City
    Allnighte - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    I'll keep this one simple...

WHY:
    1. We've heard your concerns and we aim to please.

Charm Packs?
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Quoting out of context?

WHY are they opening two new servers? Because "we've heard your concerns and we aim to please."
  • p3nnstate
    p3nnstate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That would have been good if you did that from the start.

Currently I'm level 90 (soon, level 91). Many others also have high level chars on either of the 3 existing servers, have invested a lot of time and money on our current chars. I doubt any of us will go and start anew on the new server.

If you don't offer a way to transfert our chars to the new servers, it's totally useless for the majority of the current players from the East Coast and Europe.

Another failure of PWI, answering our concerns months too late b:spit

I just had to comment on this. They brought the server out due to size issues. Nobody told you to invest alot of time and money, you played the game(alot) enjoyed your experience, PWI did their job and i guess so did you...by paying them =p.

You have been fine on ur current server considering ur lv 90. If you can deal with it for that long, im sure you can deal with it after new servers out. People value their character based on other accounts(population). When majority of population leaves...value would go down. Deal with the fact that you won't have as many low lvs to pwn like me. Cause we going to the new server =)

on the topic though, LC account is pure pk...everything bound! It will still serve its purpose but il be a carebear on new server b:laugh
    Let me heat you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay to clarify to all who want to transfer their characters.

NO! Whats the point of the new server? To start fresh, if you want your character stay in your server. Its not hurting you to stay, and its not benefitng you to move.

Its not for you, its for mainly new players.

So chill, stop whining, report bugs, have fun, and play.

And to the GMs if you do allow transfer of characters, I'm seriously going to

1. LOL
    2. Uninstall
    3. Head to MS or MY
    4. Uninstall MS or MY
    5. Find a New Game

:)
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    balthazar wrote: »
    And to the GMs if you do allow transfer of characters, I'm seriously going to

1. LOL
    2. Uninstall
    3. Head to MS or MY
    4. Uninstall MS or MY
    5. Find a New Game

:)

I loled hardcore on that, Balthazar XD

They arn't going to allow char transfers. The servers are exploding from how many people there are. So ANYONE in the other servers don't HAVE to switch. If you cry and complain about money, you can only whine to yourself. The game never told you to click charge your zen and pay them. Sure it makes the game easier, but there's people out there who played 80+ that I know of who never bought a single zen from PWE and just bought gold from the AH. Again, NO ONE IS MAKING YOU GO TO ETHERBLADE.

Seriously. Its to help the lag/too many people and if you want to start fresh, do it. If you LIKE your 80+ chars then don't whine about wanting to move. you may as well stay put and cry in your room that you spent time on a bad server (for those who want to move).

I'ma join Etherblade cuz Lost City has too many people just as Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear does XP Plus its a new server :O Everyone loves new servers!! (or at least the grateful ones love em)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I loled hardcore on that, Balthazar XD

They arn't going to allow char transfers. The servers are exploding from how many people there are. So ANYONE in the other servers don't HAVE to switch. If you cry and complain about money, you can only whine to yourself. The game never told you to click charge your zen and pay them. Sure it makes the game easier, but there's people out there who played 80+ that I know of who never bought a single zen from PWE and just bought gold from the AH. Again, NO ONE IS MAKING YOU GO TO ETHERBLADE.

Seriously. Its to help the lag/too many people and if you want to start fresh, do it. If you LIKE your 80+ chars then don't whine about wanting to move. you may as well stay put and cry in your room that you spent time on a bad server (for those who want to move).

I'ma join Etherblade cuz Lost City has too many people just as Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear does XP Plus its a new server :O Everyone loves new servers!! (or at least the grateful ones love em)
    People should read before posting.... like this guy.

Etherblade server?! No such thing, Lol, go read the first post please.

Also the reason some of us -would- want a transfer(though it would NEVER happen) is the TIMEZONE difference (go read first post). Lots of people can't join the current TW times, and miss timed events(dragon palace), hence they would want to move to a more favorable timezone server. The people complaining about money are the people who are the ones missing out(see above sentence), and would lose all they paid for if they wanted to switch to take part in said things.
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zoe's logic reminds me of Raven, except with better english.

Zoe, the point of a new server isnt to let everyone shift there. It is to ease the increasing server population by allowing the majority of new players to join the new server. You see a server at max capacity is a good thing, maximum returns at minimum costs.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Greetings everyone,

Let me say it now so the speculation can stop.

Server transfers will not be available when the two new PWI servers open.

There are a variety of reasons, and many of you have already brushed upon a couple of them in this thread.

In short, allowing high level characters to transfer over to these new servers would fundamentally alter the initial balance of that server and give certain individuals a huge head start on the acquisition of territories.

We have some more exciting news coming within the next few weeks. Stay tuned. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings everyone,

Let me say it now so the speculation can stop.

There are a variety of reasons, and many of you have already brushed upon a couple of them in this thread.

In short, allowing high level characters to transfer over to these new servers would fundamentally alter the initial balance of that server and give certain individuals a huge head start on the acquisition of territories.

We have some more exciting news coming within the next few weeks. Stay tuned. :)

and still no word of charm packs? 2 new servers are easier to setup then putting charm packs in CS or at least having decency of keeping charms on sale until packs are replaced/fixed??
    *keeping my box of cookies from xarfox until further notice*
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i forsee alot of unhappy people in Sanctuary *ahemgoldexploitahem* running over to the new server(s) b:shutup
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    p3nnstate wrote: »
    I just had to comment on this. They brought the server out due to size issues. Nobody told you to invest alot of time and money, you played the game(alot) enjoyed your experience, PWI did their job and i guess so did you...by paying them =p.

I've been roaming these forums since they opened, so I know a bit about what PWI did promised us, and what they did in the end.

- From the start, there was suipposed to be 4 servers : 2 timed form west coast players and 2 timed for east coast players.

- Then they backed off and opened only 2 servers, both timed for west coast and eastern asia players.

- Many east coast players and europeans complained about this since the beginning of the servers in early september. So far PWI never answered our concerns even if viable solutions was offered by many players.

- They then opened a 3rd server, once again timed for west coast and eastern asia players.

- Players to wich west coast timing did not fit did not had a choice where to play.

- Now, 6 month later, they pretend they listen to us by finally opening 2 servers both timed for east coat players, while this should have been done since the start of the game in september 2008.

- Many players who would prefer to play on a east timed server cannot because they are stuck with their high level chars on those west coast timed servers.
    You have been fine on ur current server considering ur lv 90. If you can deal with it for that long, im sure you can deal with it after new servers out.

- When I was with Radiance, I was unable to attend TW because for me it fall between 23:00 ans 02:00

- I'm unable to attend City of Abomination event because for me it happen between 23:00 and 02:00.

- I'm unable to attend Dragon palace event because for me it happen between 23:00 and 02:00.

- If I miss the horse run that happen for me at 15:00, I'm not able to attend to other one becasue for me it happen at 00:30.
    Deal with the fact that you won't have as many low lvs to pwn like me. Cause we going to the new server =)

My goal is not to pwn anyone. My goal is to be able to enjoy this game better, with my current char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    WAIT CITY OF ABOMINATION IS OPEN?!?!?!?! *$#$%$# bricks* day?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »

Here's a solution : make either Sanctuary or Heaven Tear timed for east coast players ans allow tranfers between the two. There are High level players on both so it would not have much of an effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Here's a solution : make either Sanctuary or Heaven Tear timed for east coast players ans allow tranfers between the two. There are High level players on both so it would not have much of an effect.

we could similarly/alternately have a huge poll vote which of the servers(sanct or HT) could go east coast time, using the in game red server announcement check the forum thing could lead people to vote in the poll, to maximize votes
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    - Many players who would prefer to play on a east timed server cannot because they are stuck with their high level chars on those west coast timed servers.

Nobody's stuck with anything. If you got along fine with your high level character before the new servers were announced (and even got to that high level in the first place), you have already learned or need to learn to adapt to that disadvantage. If you are unhappy with your current character, reroll.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is what i'm prepared to give up on Sanctuary, (Lost City not pictured but some on there too), this also doesn't count a few deleted characters.

not braggin (yes i amb:chuckle) & no, not all from crazy stone, just the cleric gained 3 & 1/2 lvs being idle.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/Rigamarole/proof.jpg

i only just heard about this today & am excited, eager, suspicious, pleased, curious, etc., but not at all confused

i will try one of the new servers only to see if the event times correspond to my eastish coast needs, if so, then some well deserving people on Sanctuary should be prepared to check their postboxesb:victory
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.