hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement

Options

Comments

• MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Trying to get a monopoly on things so you can get rich fast because the other players all have to buy from you. EX: the rare pets. Something like that would be the main problem.

I agree that the manpower to do what I suggested most likely is simply not available. Which is why only a small number of characters would be able to transfer at all. Or it would be done over a period of time.

I have 8269 rep and yes I know I'll have no use for it for a very long time. As for herc, I have spent no real money either. I got it with coins, plus I don't have a job at the moment which is why I'm in college. A huge advantage I have no interest in. The only 3 things I'd want hardly count as a huge advantage, or really an advantage at all.

These are just my ideas of course and have no bearing on what PWE may or may not do since I'm just a random player here.

You talk about not wanting others to get rich fast,disadvantages etc etc etc blah blah blah yet you want your freaking herc!What is herc...the king of the money making pets!!It's rather telling that you'd happily lose all your gears and coins and half your bloody levels which probably go beyond hercs value,but you wanna keep that one little thing,damn hypocrite you know fine well you can make all the lost coin and gears back within a few tts b:angry

I'd be all for a transfer but after seeing all your garbage and how it should all go your way and damn anyone else who'd want to transfer,well...now i hope there is no transfer so it keeps you off and i can escape sharing the same server with you b:chuckle
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you knew me, you'd know I don't even do TT for money. I simply grind. :p
    Want my herc so I can get my own darn mats rather than buy them or wait for a barb to tank the bosses. Again, fail argument against me.

Now maybe if I was actually worried about being rich at all....since I'm not.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am not concerned about transfers, i can't imagine they would allow this at all anyway. What i am concerned about is it seems to me this would just kill off 2 servers, LC and Sanc, that are not too crowded in the first place.

For the next 3 months why would anyone consider starting characters on the 3 old ones. And many people will either leave for the new servers or just flat out leave for other reasons (New games/Bored already/etc) meaning there will be even less people. Really, i have gone days in many spots with seeing only one or 2 other people grinding. Go to towns like Lost or Naught and there are what, 4 or 5 other people in town at most, dreaming cloud, tusk, 10 to 15 maybe. Unless there is a huge pk war going on. Just seems to me making it even less crowded then it already is would make the game more boring.

I don't even want to go into how the in game economies will turn out to be.
    b:bye
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just wondering, is the East coast 3 hours ahead or 3 hours behind the west coast?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It is ahead by 3 hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    merulz wrote: »
    It is ahead by 3 hours.

Indeed. Daily quests for me reset at 3 am since it is 12 am server time.
    Main characters
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ooo new servers. Pretty cool there you wet noodle spanking gm's you b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you knew me, you'd know I don't even do TT for money. I simply grind. :p

You do? I was 77 when you were 81.
    Now I'm 83 and you're 82, lvled mostly thru dailies.
    You grind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • woothepo
    woothepo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can I use the same name I have in Sanctuary in the new server?
  • merulz
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, woothepo, you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
  • LanaLeasion - Lost City
    LanaLeasion - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Noone's going to join LC now.

New non-carebear player got 2 options:
    1) Server with half a year open, many 9x and 2 lvl 100's big guilds already established etc. etc.
    2) New server where you may rise to the top.

b:surrender

3. Chance for Rage quit to try again yet fail miserably :)
    RED CARPET MASSACRE We're in business you're on the hitlist!
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You do? I was 77 when you were 81.
    Now I'm 83 and you're 82, lvled mostly thru dailies.
    You grind?

I don't do dailies. I take my time killing things, and I kill myself often so I get more rep and less exp. Trying to catch up on the rep requirements. 8,271 so far.
    Main characters
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Congratulations to Perfect World Enterprises!

The opening of these servers implies success. You deserve it for giving us a beautiful game that everyone, rich or poor, can enjoy. Thank you! b:thanks
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Image - Lost City
    Image - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Everyones makeing a guild in the end strength narrows down to one.

PM on lost city if you wanna hook up and make one. must have previous history as a guild DIR or Leader.

I made the 4th strongest guild in lost city withen a week, need I say more?
  • Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Damn it PWI! why did you realize this servers soo late b:cry.I'd love to go the new Dreamwaever port since I live in NYC but man starting over again at this stage? although it is tempting since everything will be earlier and the lag will be lessen good of you guys to do that bad that you did it soo late for us EST timers
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Damn it PWI! why did you realize this servers soo late b:cry.

Dvorak was smoking some particularly good stuff when he realized that it was time for new servers. I blame his supplier.
  • xfate92
    xfate92 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Come on GMs, can you please make it a little better for Europeans? b:surrender
    I left here in the first place because of TW times and with the new servers, 1am-4am GMT is still b:shocked
    I'm sure many Europeans will come back to play if you get earlier times *cough* like those playing pwms like me *cough* even if it means sacrificing HH/TT80 stuff b:cry
    Anyways please take some further thought into it thx b:bye
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'd love to go the new Dreamwaever port since I live in NYC

Do you have any idea what the additional ping from NYC to San Francisco is? Honestly? None that you would ever notice. Gaming companies always tell you that they need to separate US and EU (and now even US and US) because of the bad ping thing, but it's just because of business interests, not technology. Unless you're living on the moon, ping times don't matter in a RPG. Just do a traceroute and see for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RayVer - Lost City
    RayVer - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope the GM's read this...

I don't think players should be allowed to transfer their characters over. As much as I would love that it would be a complete unfair advantage for those who start at lvl 1 and join the new pvp server for example to just reach lvl 30 and get pked by all the lvl 90's and 100's that are already on the server. It would be complete chaos. It would discourage a lot of players.

I do think people should have the option to do a one time transfer of zhen from server to server. People (including myself who has spent over $1000 on this game) would like to try out a new character and continue playing the game they love but feel that the lack of moving zhen over to the new server keeps them from moving over. This would not stop me from spending money on the game, I will continue buying zhen in this game just as normal but I feel highly limited by not being able to transfer what I have paid for. I could easily start a character on the same server and move gold over but why am I limited on not doing this to a different server under the same account? Now my guess is one of the reasons they do this is to limit online gold sellers (which would completely make sense) but I think if they limited to just moving one transaction of zhen over to another server (or maybe 2 or 3 times) on the same account would make it fair. I also think one is only allowed to transfer as much zhen as they have put in through the payment system. This would further prevent "gold sellers" from transferring gold because it would have to be zhen they bought through the the game.

GM's please reply on this concern. Ty
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hope the GM's read this...

I don't think players should be allowed to transfer their characters over. As much as I would love that it would be a complete unfair advantage for those who start at lvl 1 and join the new pvp server for example to just reach lvl 30 and get pked by all the lvl 90's and 100's that are already on the server. It would be complete chaos. It would discourage a lot of players.

I do think people should have the option to do a one time transfer of zhen from server to server. People (including myself who has spent over $1000 on this game) would like to try out a new character and continue playing the game they love but feel that the lack of moving zhen over to the new server keeps them from moving over. Now my guess is one of the reasons they do this is to limit online gold sellers (which would completely make sense) but I think if they limited to just moving one transaction of zhen over to another server (or maybe 2 or 3 times) on the same account would make it fair. I also think one is only allowed to transfer as much zhen as they have put in through the payment system. This would further prevent "gold sellers" from transferring gold because it would have to be zhen they bought through the the game.

GM's please reply on this concern. Ty

Yeah thats the pvp servers, where character transfers would be bad, for the very reasons you have just stated.
    Main characters
  • Image - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zen gold I think should be transferable but only the amount equal to real $$ sent (has to be currently on player also, hope it makes soem sense) its amout need to be limited. It is extremely unfair though say if a land owning leader felt like buying out the auction gold completely and transfer 50000 zen gold...

so basicly i think

amount allowed transfer = total amount on charge screen
  • merulz
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No, I disagree. You used the money on that character, so it should stay on that character. Doing what you said would basically make Zen half the price since you are getting double what you paid for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
  • Novie - Sanctuary
    Novie - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I live in NYC and I'm excited to try out the new PvE server with my bf. Not sure if I should stick to another archer or try out another class. All in all pretty happy though =)
    Sanctuary - Novie 84 Archer inactive
    Sanctuary - Avatea 62 Veno (with herc) b:victory
    Dreamweaver - Nova 60 Cleric inactive
  • Image - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I didnt mean you get 2x the amount.. basicly it has to be on a charater to transfer it. So say you spent $20 in past used the gold, you would have 20 gold on your char maybe buy 20 gold in auctioner to be able to transfer. Someone who spent $0 wouldnt be able to transfer any gold, even if they had 1000 on their char. So if you spent the zen you can rebuy it somehow in auction and transfer it, but its limited to the amount you payed.
  • RayVer - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    merulz wrote: »
    No, I disagree. You used the money on that character, so it should stay on that character. Doing what you said would basically make Zen half the price since you are getting double what you paid for.

Its not about spending money on "that" character. You spent money on the game itself. I can easily make 3 new characters on my account on current server and transfer the zhen from my main account to all 3 to split it even. Why should you be limited to not doing the same exact thing within the SAME account under another server. After all it is money you put in to the game.

It would be completely unfair for people who have tons of in game coin because of TW funding, HH farming, etc to move all the zhen over - that I understand, but why not money you put in?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm going to make a veno on the PvE server. b:mischievous

But only because they have pets, solo easily, level fast and I like foxes (not as much as I love dragons though :P)....but I may change my mind and go for a barb instead in the mean time.

Hopefully this'll mean much less lag and crowded gameplay for now.... b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can't wait I'll be making an

Archer or Veno or Barb in the PvE server ^____^

First I gotta buy some Zen before servers come up >:]

Hopefully they come up this week <3
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its not about spending money on "that" character. You spent money on the game itself. I can easily make 3 new characters on my account on current server and transfer the zhen from my main account to all 3 to split it even. Why should you be limited to not doing the same exact thing within the SAME account under another server. After all it is money you put in to the game.

It would be completely unfair for people who have tons of in game coin because of TW funding, HH farming, etc to move all the zhen over - that I understand, but why not money you put in?

RayVer you're an idiot!! They didn't say anywhere in the announcement that there would be any transfer of characters from one server to another.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    RayVer you're an idiot!! They didn't say anywhere in the announcement that there would be any transfer of characters from one server to another.

They said nothing of the sort true, but players are allowed to think of ways it could happen if they DID allow them.
    Main characters
  • RayVer - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

Zdolnoc I never said that was announced. Why call me an idiot over that? I was simply expressing my opinion. There are tons of people on this thread requesting for their characters to be transferred over.
This discussion has been closed.