hEy! When is etherblades opening lol? - New Servers Announcement

Options

Comments

• sotsf
    sotsf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sounds like you are mad because you can't simply try to dominate a new server if there are transferrs. Now you are just being greedy.

The point is to NOT give players an unfair advantage on a new server. Transferring old items or anything for that matter to a new server WILL do just that. It won't be fair for new players who'll make new characters on new servers. Try to play fairly, and not bash the ones who actually want to play fairly. Also to quote ..
    The point of new servers is to take care of the population problem on the current ones. NOT so you greedy punks can rush to the top and dominate them.

You're contradicting yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually, having a very international playerbase, from West Cost to East Coast and Europe, even Asia and OZ is what I love so much about PWI. I don't like games that seperate their playerbase based on their territory, since meeting people from all around the world is why I am playing online games in the first place. PWI has activity all around the clock, regional based servers have activity only during prime time.

TW... honestly, who cares? TW is for the 5% powergamers who are in super large guilds, the rest doesn't participate anyway.

I don't mind the new servers, but I do mind the "West Coast <- Left", "East Coast, EU -> Right" sign on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sotsf wrote: »
    The point is to NOT give players an unfair advantage on a new server. Transferring old items or anything for that matter to a new server WILL do just that. It won't be fair for new players who'll make new characters on new servers. Try to play fairly, and not bash the ones who actually want to play fairly. Also to quote ..

You're contradicting yourself.

Seems you can't read either. I already stated I don't give a **** about running the server and even will willingly lose all my equipment, coins and half my levels to transfer. Plus with no lower level quests available since they were already done by that character, the new characters can catch up with ease.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You can have the same character name on different servers. And I really don't experience much lag on LC, so I see no reason to switch. The only thing beneficial to me would be better TW time, but I kinda liked fighting in PST time, lol.

What I should have said was that you can't have the same name as someone else on the same server. =s
    So if you have a character named Jax or something and you want to transfer to a server that already has a character named Jax, that would probably completely **** up the game for you and that person and probably the linked avatars on the forum.

But hey that's just what I think, hopefully a GM will come and clear this up.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What I should have said was that you can't have the same name as someone else on the same server. =s
    So if you have a character named Jax or something and you want to transfer to a server that already has a character named Jax, that would probably completely **** up the game for you and that person and probably the linked avatars on the forum.

But hey that's just what I think, hopefully a GM will come and clear this up.

This is true, if a transfer was done, it would have to be before the servers come on to players. That way there are no naming issues.
    Main characters
  • Melethiel - Lost City
    Melethiel - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Goodbye to half of LC, it will die, even though it wasn't overpopulated in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Looking at it from PWEs eyes there not gona have transfer. For example Zoe's herc, if you are to be transfered then you wouldnt have to spend cash to get the Herc if no transfer and you move they will get more money if you want the Herc back. Its not like they will even loose money if they dnt offer a transfer, people who want to keep there gear can just stay on their current char. Not to mention the time and money wasted on making a transfer possible.

I think a new server with all new players is a good idea. It offers a completely fair and even start. And someone said earlyer about all the 12 year olds charging ZEN to their mommys and daddys credit cards so they can "dominate" the server means more money. Im a fan of competative game play and being given a chance to start at the same place as everyone else seems really good fun to me :P Especialy on the PvP server :D
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Looking at it from PWEs eyes there not gona have transfer. For example Zoe's herc, if you are to be transfered then you wouldnt have to spend cash to get the Herc if no transfer and you move they will get more money if you want the Herc back. Its not like they will even loose money if they dnt offer a transfer, people who want to keep there gear can just stay on their current char. Not to mention the time and money wasted on making a transfer possible.

No one ever said a transfer had to be free.b:chuckle
    Main characters
  • sotsf
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Seems you can't read either. I already stated I don't give a **** about running the server and even will willingly lose all my equipment, coins and half my levels to transfer. Plus with no lower level quests available since they were already done by that character, the new characters can catch up with ease.

What you fail to understand is that is STILL an advantage. I don't care what you lose but you having something extra on your character whereas the new players who have to start everything from the beginning is preposterous.

You don't want other players to have an advantage who play fairly but you rather have extra benefits and bashing others for it.

Your (edit, my mistake) post in this thread is a contradiction of itself and hypocritical.
    The point of new servers is to take care of the population problem on the current ones. NOT so you greedy punks can rush to the top and dominate them.

It would only be fair for them to do a server transfer in the case of time zones and in that case only. If it was even possible to begin with.

You're trying your hardest to have an advantage. If you feel so strongly about your characters, then keep playing them. Getting an advantage on a new server will more than likely make you the dominator (sp), which I am sure you don't want anyone to have unfairly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What you fail to understand is that is STILL an advantage. I don't care what you lose but you having something extra on your character whereas the new players who have to start everything from the beginning is preposterous.

You don't want other players to have an advantage who play fairly but you rather have extra benefits and bashing others for it.

Your 1st post in this thread is a contradiction of itself and hypocritical.

You're trying your hardest to have an advantage. If you feel so strongly about your characters, then keep playing them. Getting an advantage on a new server will more than likely make you the dominator (sp), which I am sure you don't want anyone to have unfairly.

Yes good luck NOT being outlevelled by the new characters when you are level 40 and can't even do any quests AT ALL. Massive disadvantage to any transferred characters.
    Main characters
  • hysteriumx
    hysteriumx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes good luck NOT being outlevelled by the new characters when you are level 40 and can't even do any quests AT ALL. Massive disadvantage to any transferred characters.

Just curious, what would be the point in transferring then? You're giving up everything you worked to get on an old server to gimp yourself completely on a new one?
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hysteriumx wrote: »
    Just curious, what would be the point in transferring then? You're giving up everything you worked to get on an old server to gimp yourself completely on a new one?

Its Zoe, common sense and reasoning doesnt work with her. :)

And yeah, that is really pointless to do transfers that way. lvl40 takes like 3-4 days, week at max to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hysteriumx wrote: »

The point would be the timezone. That's all. I would only want to keep my hercules, my rep, and my christmas blessing. The rest I can do without.

My idea is to make players NOT want to transfer because you still lose so much. Thus, keeping the new server balanced as much as possible.
    Main characters
  • sotsf
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ahha, that won't last for long. Lets see, you're a venomancer. All you have to do is get to the spawn points of rare pets and capture (example shaodu cub), before any new players get to level 20+, or 30+ and fly there. Hold on to them, and sell them when they're in demand.
    You'll still have all your skills too right ?
    There are certain advantages to almost every situation. Even though the possibility of transfer is next to nill, I engaged in a fruitless internet argument with you because of your no sense post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hysteriumx
    hysteriumx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The point would be the timezone. That's all. I would only want to keep my hercules, my rep, and my christmas blessing. The rest I can do without.

My idea is to make players NOT want to transfer because you still lose so much. Thus, keeping the new server balanced as much as possible.

Makes sense now, ty. I'm on EST also, and I agree having stuff done in our timezone would be nice.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rare pets huh? 2 things

1: I have no rare pets other than the extremely common snowhare
    2: You can ask anyone, I have no interest in the rare pets and refuse to sell them for money. I'd give them away first.
    3: You want to know how many times I've been at a rare pet spawn? ONE, and guess what? I was playing since day 1 I had every chance to go for those pets and never took it...

You can keep trying your garbage arguments, none if it will work on me because I don't care about having an advantage over the players and I'm trying to give myself a DISadvantage for a transfer.
    Main characters
  • tinaster
    tinaster Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have no idea what to put but uhhh THIS GAME ROCKZ!!!!!!!!!!! :D XD XD
    ign: xPunkstress
    server: Sanctuary
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not that I think they would allow a transfer anyways, but I have to say any advantage would not really matter(in PvE server), The MAIN point of the new server is overpopulation and timezone differences, NOT to make it "fair". Plus they wouldnt be at any more of a disadvantage than joining an already established server. The only people transfers would effect are QQers who want to reroll and dominate because they can play 24/7.

There are many people playing on the current servers that cant TW, cant goto Dragon Temple, miss all the timed events, that want to switch for THAT reason, not to get the upper hand.
  • sotsf
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rare pets huh? 2 things

1: I have no rare pets other than the extremely common snowhare
    2: You can ask anyone, I have no interest in the rare pets and refuse to sell them for money. I'd give them away first.

You can keep trying your garbage arguments, none if it will work on me because I don't care about having an advantage over the players and I'm trying to give myself a DISadvantage for a transfer.

You may be the most caring no brain person in the entire world. Having an option like transfer WILL be taken advantage of by countless other players. Stop thinking just about yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not that I think they would allow a transfer anyways, but I have to say any advantage would not really matter(in PvE server), The MAIN point of the new server is overpopulation and timezone differences, NOT to make it "fair". Plus they wouldnt be at any more of a disadvantage than joining an already established server. The only people transfers would effect are QQers who want to reroll and dominate because they can play 24/7.

There are many people playing on the current servers that cant TW, cant goto Dragon Temple, miss all the timed events, that want to switch for THAT reason, not to get the upper hand.

Exactly. My reasons for a transfer exactly. IF and that's a VERY big if, it's even possible.

Yeah the transfer will be taken advantage of but there is a way around that. GMs screen each player that wants to transfer. If they say they want to take advantage of it, don't let them. If they say they don't and do anyway, delete their character.
    Main characters
  • Xpunkstress - Sanctuary
    Xpunkstress - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hmmmmm many people complaining
    ign:xPunkstress
    server:Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sotsf
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Exactly. My reasons for a transfer exactly. IF and that's a VERY big if, it's even possible.

Yeah the transfer will be taken advantage of but there is a way around that. GMs screen each player that wants to transfer. If they say they want to take advantage of it, don't let them. If they say they don't and do anyway, delete their character.

That is a very good point. Indeed if it works then I'm all for it. Although I feel the manpower and effort needed for this won't be available in this day and age </rambling>
    Also what would you define as an 'advantage' in this post ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hmmmmm many people complaining

Ya there really is nothing to complain about, either you keep your current char (if your high level your gona be used to the TW, Dragons palace time's etc). Or you make a new char enjoy better connection and times but have to start again. Really there is no problem here, Zoe you say you want to keep your Xmas blessing (no one on the new server will have it anyway so it makes no diference), your Herc (do some overtime at work and you can get it if you MUST have it, personaly i dnt spend money in the cash shop) and your rep (no one is gona have any rep anyway at the start, if it is that important you wont mind staying on HT) im guessing you have loads of rep lol? Its not like the rep will help you if your level is halved anyway, it will be months and months before you can even use the Rep gear.
    Currently playing:

Rule34!

Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That is a very good point. Indeed if it works then I'm all for it. Although I feel the manpower and effort needed for this won't be available in this day and age </rambling>
    Also what would you define as an 'advantage' in this post ?

Trying to get a monopoly on things so you can get rich fast because the other players all have to buy from you. EX: the rare pets. Something like that would be the main problem.

I agree that the manpower to do what I suggested most likely is simply not available. Which is why only a small number of characters would be able to transfer at all. Or it would be done over a period of time.

I have 8269 rep and yes I know I'll have no use for it for a very long time. As for herc, I have spent no real money either. I got it with coins, plus I don't have a job at the moment which is why I'm in college. A huge advantage I have no interest in. The only 3 things I'd want hardly count as a huge advantage, or really an advantage at all.

These are just my ideas of course and have no bearing on what PWE may or may not do since I'm just a random player here.
    Main characters
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have 8269 rep

b:shocked thats alot of FBs and One Man Army's! lol, i see why you dnt want to have to do that all over again lol

But it may just be the price of the new server, would you have been overly bothered if they hadnt brought out these servers? If not might as well stay at HT b:pleased

Main reason im thinking to Re-Roll is cos HT is gona get boring and im dying for a PvP server, even better that its "brand spanking new"! But ill miss all my Elysium buds b:sad
    Currently playing:

Rule34!

• Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Will we be allowed to make new names? Such as Night or Day or DaytimeSavingsTime or anything like that? Or David/Bob/Batman/Hulk. Or will we have same restrictions as we do now?
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Will we be allowed to make new names? Such as Night or Day or DaytimeSavingsTime or anything like that? Or David/Bob/Batman/Hulk. Or will we have same restrictions as we do now?

Little confused what ya mean lol.

If ya asking if you can have any name the length restriction will still be there most likely, and ya so long as someone hasnt made a char called David before you, you can make one called David on the new server.

Get in there fast and claim your name :P
    Currently playing:

Rule34!

• merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When do we get a forum for the new servers? I would like to converse and join a guild before it goes live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    merulz wrote: »
    When do we get a forum for the new servers? I would like to converse and join a guild before it goes live.

this 123456
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    merulz wrote: »

Yep very good point, supose we just use here :P

So im likely to be rolling HARSHLANDS the PvP one. Gona want a good guild who are experienced, any guilds gona go for this server?

Most likey will be play an archer.
    Currently playing:

Rule34!

This discussion has been closed.