1 thing straight about cleric stronger than mage

Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
Okay I wanted to get 1 thing straight.

Cleric + Tempest + demons spirits gift = Focus all of your energy to cast down countless thunder bolts at the target and enemies within a 12.0 meter radius around it, inflicting Metal damage equal to your base magic damage plus 620% of weapon damage plus 9337.1. Has a 95% chance to cause a 8.0 second reduction in speed of 60%.

Wizard + Ice dragon strike = Focus one's energy to summon a Water dragon that soars up to the sky and smashes onto the target and all surrounding enemies. Target and enemies in a 12.0 meter radius around target suffer Water damage equal to base magic damage plus 500% of weapon damage plus 9648.9. Has a 95% chance to slow enemies by 60% for 8.0 seconds.

so from that it is clear a cleric out damages a wizard.

But the wizards spell Manifest Virtue - As the recent warring intensifies, the Wizards have managed to create a new method of temporarily enhancing their combat capabilities. This technique involves imbuing their weapons directly with Mana and Chi. Increases magic attack by (maximum mana/100)%. Lasts 30 seconds.

I hear that this spell makes mages stronger than clerics however it uses 1 spark meaning they will not be able to cast Ice dragon strike so they will have to use sandstorm

Sandstorm - Project a powerful wave of sand onto a target. Inflicts Earth damage equal to base magic attack plus 300% of weapon damage plus 4288.4 and decreases enemy's accuracy by 50% for 10 seconds.

So in other words would
demons spirits gift + tempest be stronger than mages Manifest virtue + sandstorm?
We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
(Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
Post edited by Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Actually, by time you're level 100 you'd have at least 3 sparks, using 1 to use manifest virtue and the other 2 for black dragon would out damage a clerics ult. Though, the actually manifest virtue is less power than an advanced spark, it just last longer.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just one more idiot.

You cannot count cleric buffs as being exclusively for them.

In any situation where it actually matters, a wizard will have full cleric buffs.

Face it.. a cleric can't hold a candle to a wizard damage-wise. Not sure why that appears to be such a difficult concept.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Just one more idiot.

You cannot count cleric buffs as being exclusively for them.

In any situation where it actually matters, a wizard will have full cleric buffs.

Face it.. a cleric can't hold a candle to a wizard damage-wise. Not sure why that appears to be such a difficult concept.

What kind of cleric is going to follow a wizard around and give him a 10 second buff every time he uses an ult?
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    lol I never knew you get 3 sparks ty for telling me, as for you fuzzle *kills fuzzle*

Incase you forget a cleric cannot buff a mage in pk unless cleric also in pvp which you could kill the cleric ^.^ i think
  • Dirik - Sanctuary
    Dirik - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i've really never taken on a mage my level before, most of the ones i take on are three or more levels below me. and also i'm pretty sure by level 100 any mage can kill a cleric
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I say it's whoever gets the jump on who. A wizard cannot kill a cleric his level in the same gears and same weapon if he uses elemental skills - he has to use blade tempest. On the other end, if the cleric sees the tempest coming, he could easily throw out the plume shell and survive it, maybe just scraping his charm.

A cleric could just wildly open fire with a plume shot, and, with 1 hit, slap his charm. Cleric has the advantage over the wizard, but the wizard might win if he isn't a newb.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I should damn well hope a cleric can beat a wizard in 1 vs. 1. You're a real failure as a cleric if you can't.

But how are you people not getting this?
    Wizards do more damage than clerics.
    Accept it, move on with your lives!
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Out dmg them, lol never.
    b:dirty
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I should damn well hope a cleric can beat a wizard in 1 vs. 1. You're a real failure as a cleric if you can't.

But how are you people not getting this?
    Wizards do more damage than clerics.
    Accept it, move on with your lives!

Quoted for truth.

You can pull tempest stats off ecatomb and post them all day long, doesn't change the fact that Full Attack Clerics are only slightly more useful than Bow Warriors.
    edited February 2009
    lol as expected, this simple question offends you for sum weird reason it is JUST a question and it's JUST a game chillax.

and Rundora remember 1 thing a full attack cleric has better heals than non attack clerics and remember It's only a question becuase Im curious I AM NOT AN FAC CLERIC lol
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's a mixed thing with arguements for and against it depending on which points are looked at. Technically, since a cleric's dmg boost from buffs last a long time with SG and can be easily applied, that skill should count as dmg caused by the mage. However, anyone quoting dmg from the very much active requirement of the 150% boost from a demon spirit's gift as belonging to the mage is very much wrong. All of that extra dmg is attributed to the cleric who cast it; it is their skill use that caused that 10 secs of increased dmg. And finding a lvl 89+ cleric who chooses demon is much more difficult than finding a cleric with a lvl 10 generic buff.

So at this point you have to split it off into solo and party dmg output. With 2 or more other dmg spellcasters, of course the demon cleric will out dmg any wizard. Not only can they consistently use their 10 sec dmg buff back to back on multiple people, it also does not cost any sparks to do so. There is no downtime. The mage skills that are pointed to; the no channel and max dmg buff skills, both have down time and cost either 1 or 2 sparks to use. These are 1 time spike kind of boosts, that themselves prevent the use of high dmg skills to maximize the benefits from.

So while I could focus only on my attack cleric with the SG demon boost and end up dealing a higher dps than a mage over a prolonged period, I would much rather blast his dmg output out of the water by using the boost on the mage and other offensive casters before casting on myself and going into my chain. Because the best part is, the more dmg the mage does, the more dmg my boost will be dealing. So party-wise, not even a contest. Demon attack cleric wins in dmg output for the party. Depending on party make-up, I could cast no offensive skills, just heal, and still out dmg a wizard.

Solo it becomes easier to judge. Wizard can have a pre-existing boost and still not out dps a demon cleric. He has a very good chance to out-spike in a 6 second period after a charm break, but other than that nothing. In the end the boosts just don't last long enough with spark req and cooldowns that prevent a sustained way to match the extra 150% dmg boost a solo cleric will receive everytime they recast.

So that's the basics. A wizard can post a higher spike number than any cleric can when they are assisted by the cleric. They can post a higher DPS than any cleric when assisted by the cleric. But the dmg is not all theirs to claim. It is the active, and the key part here is active use; the normal dmg boost from the half hour/hour long buff is not being counted, that means that extra dmg is coming from the cleric. They are being smart and using the wizard as the vessel to deal more dmg than they could just by themselves.

Other thing is that only a demon cleric can make the wizard post high numbers. If they aren't in the same group, get seperated, one gets dead while the other is still fighting, then the wizard is SOL. A demon cleric never needs an assist to deal his high dmg output.

So in all, yes, the demon attack cleric will add more damage to a party, or by solo, than a wizard will. The only way a wizard beats them is by looking at a very short span of time in solo play; sustained play ends up nullifying that by average dmg. Admittedly neither side so far really considered a compromise of both positions, but this is what it ends up being.

PS. yay for finally getting even crappy dial-up connection. Can't wait to get my satellite internet and start playing again.
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It is sad when clerics can outdamage wizards and still have the best healing in the game. At what point will the developers gives pure mages something to shout about?
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Okay I wanted to get 1 thing straight.

Cleric + Tempest + demons spirits gift = Focus all of your energy to cast down countless thunder bolts at the target and enemies within a 12.0 meter radius around it, inflicting Metal damage equal to your base magic damage plus 620% of weapon damage plus 9337.1. Has a 95% chance to cause a 8.0 second reduction in speed of 60%.

Wizard + Ice dragon strike = Focus one's energy to summon a Water dragon that soars up to the sky and smashes onto the target and all surrounding enemies. Target and enemies in a 12.0 meter radius around target suffer Water damage equal to base magic damage plus 500% of weapon damage plus 9648.9. Has a 95% chance to slow enemies by 60% for 8.0 seconds.

so from that it is clear a cleric out damages a wizard.

But the wizards spell Manifest Virtue - As the recent warring intensifies, the Wizards have managed to create a new method of temporarily enhancing their combat capabilities. This technique involves imbuing their weapons directly with Mana and Chi. Increases magic attack by (maximum mana/100)%. Lasts 30 seconds.

But 620% of weapon damage is not really all that much, since your weapon damage does not take into account your bonus from having lots of magic.

Also, you mentioned Ice Dragon Strike adding 500% of weapon damage and 9648.9 damage. So your wizard had to be level 86 (or higher).

Meanwhile a level 74 wizard can have level 10 water mastery which passively adds 20% water damage. I believe this increases your total magical damage by 20%. If I am right, your base magic attack gets raised 20%, your bonus from your weapon gets raised by 20% and your 9648.9 gets raised by 20%. So with level 10 water mastery, a wizard would have an extra 20% of their magical attack, +600% of their weapon damage, +11578.7.

However, your analysis might have been correct, for wizards without water mastery.

Then again, if your wizard had used essential sutra, she could have cast her ice dragon strike in 1.6 seconds, and could have followed up with glacial snare in another 1.8 seconds. How much damage would your cleric have delivered in this time frame?

Of course all of this assumes ecatomb.net is complete and without flaw, but we know it cannot be complete.

And sensible people should be suspicious of everything they read here.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    But 620% of weapon damage is not really all that much, since your weapon damage does not take into account your bonus from having lots of magic.

Also, you mentioned Ice Dragon Strike adding 500% of weapon damage and 9648.9 damage. So your wizard had to be level 86 (or higher).

Meanwhile a level 74 wizard can have level 10 water mastery which passively adds 20% water damage. I believe this increases your total magical damage by 20%. If I am right, your base magic attack gets raised 20%, your bonus from your weapon gets raised by 20% and your 9648.9 gets raised by 20%. So with level 10 water mastery, a wizard would have an extra 20% of their magical attack, +600% of their weapon damage, +11578.7.

However, your analysis might have been correct, for wizards without water mastery.

Then again, if your wizard had used essential sutra, she could have cast her ice dragon strike in 1.6 seconds, and could have followed up with glacial snare in another 1.8 seconds. How much damage would your cleric have delivered in this time frame?

Of course all of this assumes ecatomb.net is complete and without flaw, but we know it cannot be complete.

And sensible people should be suspicious of everything they read here.

Immaterial. As anyone debating here should know, clerics get metal mastery to 20%. As the stated skill was a metal spell, the water mastery argument means nothing. No bad puns from anyone.

For anyone in the future referencing skill combos, please follow this:

Tempest costs 2 sparks
    Ice dragon strike costs 2 sparks
    Essential Sutra costs 2 sparks cooldown 1 min
    Manifest Virtue costs 1 spark cooldown 5 mins
    Demon Spirit's Gift costs mana cooldown 1 second
    Max sparks = 3

So casting a 2 spark skill after using a 2 spark skill means you either must use a chi powder in between, or there is no reasoning behind the theory. It is the chi requirements which allows cleric to not be outclassed in solo version by a wizard when looked at over time.

One thing that can be said is that the difference in dmg between a cleric casting tempest and a wizard casting their skill is that any damage difference does have the 20% mastery used in calculating the dmg difference. So 100% of weapon dmg and 492 extra dmg from ice dragon times 1.2 is how much more dmg it deals than tempest on its own. Take into account the multi thousands of dmg you are dealing, up there in the 20s or 30s of thousands, and there really isn't that big a difference between the two skills.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Oh who cares whoes ult is better, you're both gana get stunned out of it anyways.
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Immaterial. As anyone debating here should know, clerics get metal mastery to 20%. As the stated skill was a metal spell, the water mastery argument means nothing. No bad puns from anyone.

Oops, you are right, I overlooked clerics getting metal mastery (and did not pay attention to your cleric spell being a metal spell).
    For anyone in the future referencing skill combos, please follow this:

Tempest costs 2 sparks
    Ice dragon strike costs 2 sparks
    Essential Sutra costs 2 sparks cooldown 1 min
    Manifest Virtue costs 1 spark cooldown 5 mins
    Demon Spirit's Gift costs mana cooldown 1 second
    Max sparks = 3

I also overlooked chi issues.

However, I would make several corrections here:

Demon ice dragon has a 20% chance of requiring zero sparks.
    Also, Max sparks = 3.99.

(But I think you would need 0.5 seconds after triggering essential sutra to get back up to two sparks. But if you really only need 0.5 seconds, instead of 0.8 seconds, you will also reduce your target's water defenses rather significantly, which could radically increase your delivered damage.)
    edited February 2009
    so In other words

Normally a wizard would spike more but either way if a cleric or wizard crits its a 1 hit KO either way,

and on bosses over a prolonged time a demon cleric out damages?
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    so In other words

Normally a wizard would spike more but either way if a cleric or wizard crits its a 1 hit KO either way,

and on bosses over a prolonged time a demon cleric out damages?

To compete with a mage damage u need to be pure magic. Pure magic for a cleric is suicidal u will live to get off one spell. If ur 1 spell doesnt 1 shot u are screwed. 9x vs 9x ur tempest probably wont one shot anyone sad fact. The full magic build is not viable in pvp for a cleric anyway so talking about skill damage in pvp is silly.

When u are calculating damage in pvp u also have to consider undine strike vs elemental seal, and the mage in pvp will virtually always have at least a regular spirits gift so 70% mattck. Re-do ur calculations with a mage having the regular spirits gift and undine vs seal, or even just the sg and u will see mage outdamages cleric. Not to mention the larger amount of damaging skills.

Cleric gets max sg at lv 56 many people 86+ have lv 56+ alts and in mass pvp/TW u will always be buffed with mattck (base buffers). Cleric doesnt out-damage a mage however u can do many things better than a mage. Stop trying to take away the one thing mages have going for them.

Dps in fbs cant be considered the mage would never get into the fbb:chuckle.

Either way u should NOT be full magic as a cleric it is a useless build. At low levels where most advocates of the pure build cleric are the difference in damage is barely noticable espacially in pvp, at higher levels u need the vit to survive. To people who say its good for soloing, at 80+ where the difference in damage becomes noticeable u will be grinding in a pt. At lower levels theres just not much of a difference. Whether or not u want to agrue about dealing more or less damage than a mage the build of cleric that stands a chance at this is simply a bad build.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
    edited February 2009
    Chaottic

1) Undine stirke is renderd useless with "Magic Shell" a cleric buff that gives 60% extra magic defence for 30min

2) Alot of people go LA because they do not have the persistance to continue leveling and Robed cleric/wizard.

3) Clerics and Wizards are NOT supposed to tank so adding vit would prove to be a waste. 10hp per vit added... I choose to use HP stones instead.

4) A full magic cleric has better heals, more mana = longer plume shell,

And honestly, If a mage does Undine stirke Manifest virtue these are both 1 second casting which means, A cleric only has to sleep, razor feathers and then you know do the Cleric-kung-fu stuff and wizzy no more
    edited February 2009
    lol as expected, this simple question offends you for sum weird reason it is JUST a question and it's JUST a game chillax.

and Rundora remember 1 thing a full attack cleric has better heals than non attack clerics and remember It's only a question becuase Im curious I AM NOT AN FAC CLERIC lol

This is the part where I usually facepalm but to be honest I could see that coming.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    To compete with a mage damage u need to be pure magic. Pure magic for a cleric is suicidal u will live to get off one spell. If ur 1 spell doesnt 1 shot u are screwed. 9x vs 9x ur tempest probably wont one shot anyone sad fact. The full magic build is not viable in pvp for a cleric anyway so talking about skill damage in pvp is silly.

When u are calculating damage in pvp u also have to consider undine strike vs elemental seal, and the mage in pvp will virtually always have at least a regular spirits gift so 70% mattck. Re-do ur calculations with a mage having the regular spirits gift and undine vs seal, or even just the sg and u will see mage outdamages cleric. Not to mention the larger amount of damaging skills.

Cleric gets max sg at lv 56 many people 86+ have lv 56+ alts and in mass pvp/TW u will always be buffed with mattck (base buffers). Cleric doesnt out-damage a mage however u can do many things better than a mage. Stop trying to take away the one thing mages have going for them.

Dps in fbs cant be considered the mage would never get into the fbb:chuckle.

Either way u should NOT be full magic as a cleric it is a useless build. At low levels where most advocates of the pure build cleric are the difference in damage is barely noticable espacially in pvp, at higher levels u need the vit to survive. To people who say its good for soloing, at 80+ where the difference in damage becomes noticeable u will be grinding in a pt. At lower levels theres just not much of a difference. Whether or not u want to agrue about dealing more or less damage than a mage the build of cleric that stands a chance at this is simply a bad build.

To be able to compete in damage with a full mag cleric, a wizard must also be full mag. Which means they die easy, and is prolly why they are called glass cannons. The skills that get quoted alot are almost the exact same between cleric and mage. The damage difference is very minor, especially when looked at as a percentage of over-all dmg. 100% weapon damage and 492 dmg is not a big deal when base mag is in the 10s of thousands.

And again, for my damage discussions earlier I pointed out how any dmg modification will affect both equally, the only thing that widens the gap is the extra 20% from mastery and 70% from SG both will have times the difference of dmg. Depending on how they apply it, most likely additive, then it is a 190% weapon dmg and 935 dmg difference. Still not much at 9X lvl with high base mag dmg that will shrink in effect the higher they lvl.

What makes mages nice is their unique skills that work well with eachother, and the fact they can be boosted higher by a demon cleric with SG. What scares me the most is that people bring up Essential Sutra, and the only time they mention Undine on rare occasions is to say it reduces resists. Either they are thinking of AoE spiking only, or they are really terrible at math.

Undine has a casting time of .5. Allow me to repeat, Undine has a casting time of .5. The mag reduce is nice, but very little will compete with Undine when you have no channeling time. Multiply your mag atk by 2.2 and see if that number is larger than 500% weapon dmg plus 14k means that Undine has a higher DPS rate with no spark cost. So mention whether it is AoE or taking out a solo target, or if you're doing it on the hope you get the boosts from ice dragon being sage/demon. Though since I already have a roughly 8k avg base attk at lvl 83 and you need 99 to get the celestial skill, it is guaranteed that undine has better DPS by a margin that keeps growing.

Also, I did mention flat out I did not count the dmg boost from a long duration SG being cast as coming from the demon cleric. Any cleric can cast that, so the dmg is considered the mages. No active skill use and ready availability makes quibbling about that pointless. But active use of the 150% boost from demon SG is as good as the cleric's damage. It takes active skill use, is difficult to have available, and must have many circumstances converge for it to happen. As such, the extra demon portion of the skill can be counted as the cleric's.

To simplify, if the demon cleric is not part of the party, all casters can be counted as having SG anyways. Don't bring the demon cleric in the party, and not getting the 150% extra boost is just as guaranteed. Not a big problem when there is only 1 caster, but 2 or more offensive means the demon cleric will be more use damage-wise than adding a wizard.

Also, when talking about spell combos, it must be taken into account that it is party based when doing TW. While the team may split up, a mage is a corpse just like a cleric when seperated. And needing to cast 2 spells in a row or more leaves them open to attack. The combos work together for extra dmg, such as undine and another, but expose them for longer. Meaning they need people around to give other targets. Whereas a cleric can have the archer next to him use thunder shock before a cleric uses a metal spell. Less time, roughly same effect in shorter time.

It stayed to single skill use, or preps with a skill to give a base for actual debate on the topic. So many past ones talk about how much more dmg ice dragon does over tempest. 31k over 30k doesn't mean much. Not when it gets reduced by armor, and reduced again to 25%.

Talking about high dmg in fbs will be ignored, as otherwise I would have to smack some sense into them. Out-dmging the tank's aggro, good goal that one. Only time high dmg in pve should matter is when solo grinding or AoE grinding. In which case the spark req and cooldowns prevent the mage from keeping up with clerics.

Mages will always have the highest possible spike, best DPS in a short time span, and AoE attacks between the two. Assuming demon SG boost works with Manifest at least. They also solo debuff better than clerics. Mages have many things going for them in different ways. Somehow I am unsure if it is that people are trying to take away a mage's role more than it is that people aren't paying attention to what all a mage's role can do. A mage tossing up Dragon's Breath during a retreat action at the gate in TW hidden behind the wall with a demon SG getting tossed on him with Manifest Virtue up. He might not live long, but neither will anything else in that radius :)
    edited February 2009
    Rundora..
    Ironheart heal a set amount of health then +30% of base magic attack, FAC = more base mag attack = more heal got it? =)

/QUOTE/ Rundora
    "I don't know anything"
    I love these forums
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Rundora..
    Ironheart heal a set amount of health then +30% of base magic attack, FAC = more base mag attack = more heal got it? =)

/QUOTE/ Rundora
    "I don't know anything"
    I love these forums

Full mag build is a common and upon the easiest build there is as a cleric. It's not exclusive to a fac, and a fac shouldn't even have heals anyways.
    edited February 2009
    fac cleric should still get ironheart either way it's essential for others and themselves.
  • Inna - Heavens Tear
    Inna - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this has been debated many times over. it's just not worth arguing over anymore.

demon spirit gift is not easily obtained. you have to farm for the skill book in fb99. the undine strike for wizards are also not easily obtained, you need 30 or so apocalypse pages. Most people stop levelling at the low 90's. are you still going to be playing by that time?
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You people are some of the most **** piles of congealed rat **** I have seen.

This god damned endless FAC "debate". I hesitated to use the word "debate", as it implies that there is actually something to debate.

Listen up, you moronic asshatted mongtarded effnuts. Look at the acronyms for FAC.

Full. Attack. Cleric.

If I had to go out on a limb, I would assume that a FAC is.. ya know.. a cleric with full attack.

If you level your buffs, you are not a FAC.
    If you are capable of healing in a party, you are not a FAC.

Get that through your god damned thick skulls, you idiotic fecal-storms.

And let's get another thing straight.. mages do more damage than clerics. Simple as that. You can point at buffs all you want, but mages are also capable of getting those buffs, and where it matters, they will have those buffs. And stop bloody looking at demon spirit's gift. That absolutely doesn't count.. at all. It's ridiculously obscure and irrelevant. If you're looking at that, then I might as well point a finger at the wizard skills Essential Sutra (eliminates channeling time), or Undine Strike (reduces mdef by a whole heap). But I didn't. Because I'm not a whorehopping scumfaced twitnut like you FAC advocates are.

For emphasis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryocean - Lost City
    Ryocean - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    WOW!!! Thats a verbal whiplash right there to the face!!!
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    And Fuzzle does make an excellent point.
    Of course, the odds of it sinking into the self styled FAC's, given the derision of the rest of the server hasn't even made a dent on them, is even smaller than a party's desire to have one in it.

I encourage all those FAC's to take a read of Cayenne's guide, the pre-eminent guide to playing a FAC out there.
    You will notice the emphasis it places on not levelling any of your buffs or heals so you don't get people wanting you to come join their parties. It is designed to solo its entire life.
    It is designed to be hated and not wanted in parties. If you're in a party to do anything, TW, TT, FB, zhenning, anything, you aren't living up to being a proper FAC, and should probably just kill yourself to save your party the effort when they find out in the middle of a TT run that you don't have BB (yes, personal experience).

See, the problem here is a failure to communicate.
    We have the intelligent part of the server trying to communicate to the actual FAC's that they suck. The actual FAC's, on account of not actually existing because no one plays a FULL ATTACK Cleric don't hear this. Instead, all the people who think they're FAC's because they're going all int then feel insulted so they get all irrational and defensive and start spouting all sorts of random nonsense. "Strawberry shortcake. Jabberwocks make nice clocks. Clerics do more damage than mages".

A full int cleric can be just fine. I prefer some more con on mine since I prefer not getting one hit KO'd by AoE's, and can't always afford +12 items with HP shards in everything, and it has a fairly small effect on your heal, but each to their own.
    The reason it's just fine is because it has heals and buffs.

I mean, for god's sake, the main FAC argument about how FAC's are better doesn't even mention their attacking spells, it mentions their buffs and healing. That's a sure sign you aren't a proper FAC.
    edited February 2009
    Rundora..

/QUOTE/ Rundora
    "I don't know anything"
    I love these forums

You are an idiot.

/Quote/ Mysticlifex: "look at me! I'm going to run around the forums making out like the cleric is the best class evar cuz we can damage and heal so pro LOL"

That's more accurate.
    edited February 2009
    /Quote/ Rundora: I like to come to forums and note peoples quotes because It's really cool and fun :-) I also like to go to Mysticlifex's Threads and post my **** because "Im gonna go drink some milk 8-)"

oh Rundora shut your mouth Instead of running around like an Idiot posting your valueless opinions please :-) oh no I said something about clerics being really good all of a sudden you go jumping around like a girl "quote this quote that" "you an idio... oh shut your mouth Rundora. please =)

/Quote/ Mysticlifex: I like pie someone said the cake was a lie and that made me cry =(

Forums are fun =) I hope no one takes this personally