Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Boza,

I absolutely agree with your explanation of the database. In order for an on line game to store information and be web based they do have every means to do a roll-back. It is truly sad the amount of people still in game running around with items that were gained in the improper imputing of code in patch 77 and a select 70 were banned. NO ONE should have been banned especially when this Epic Fail is PWI's fault. I have been diligently investigating this situation with my own programmers and have yet gotten the same reaction that PWI has given, which really has been nothing from PWI.I could write a small book with conversation I have, but here is a few: The responses I am getting back is this a programming problem with the coding, and the quest was too perfectly done to have been a so called bug. Also, they have stated how can an exploit go on when PWI instated a quest that gave people major monies and then continued allowing the quest to be done over and over again, just as many quests in PWI have done during special events. Like I have stated before instead of PWI taking responsibility for their Epic Fail, they have chosen to make examples out of a select 70 players and allow hundreds of people to remain in game with items they shouldn't have according to the reason they banned 70 players accounts for. I understand going through bot logs and coding is a tedious job and no fun at all, been there done that. But, I have never banned for my mistake or the programmers mistake. We have shut the servers down, and either we have rolled back or gone into the accounts and deleted money or items gained. Honestly, we are all wasting our breath and time here on this issue. Everyone is going on emotions and not the facts and I can understand that, because most have no knowledge of behind the scene gaming issues. To them it's the players fault, PWI is great, but people with knowledge are not going to be so quick to have the wool pulled over their eyes. This game has brought me extreme pleasure, as well as acquiring an on line family of close friends. I spent many thousands of dollars without the blink of an eye to play a so called free game. I just hope PWI sets things right, but I am not holding my breath.
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Jubeih - Sanctuary
    Jubeih - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:angrywhat the hell happened my game is lagging like a sob when are you going to fix it?
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My game is lagging a hell of a lot more too now... strange =/
  • Perrie - Lost City
    Perrie - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok this is something a few of us venos are suspecting but we feel that a few venos who are taming are using a **** program they are taming the pet in 1to 2 seconds that doesnt seem right. You see it the pet and then you dont so could you please check this out Pretty please...
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok this is something a few of us venos are suspecting but we feel that a few venos who are taming are using a **** program they are taming the pet in 1to 2 seconds that doesnt seem right. You see it the pet and then you dont so could you please check this out Pretty please...

Was told by a GM after bringing this up that it is just luck. -Shrugs-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Not necessarily ****. I can be wrong about my assumption but it is possible to tame much faster than you . I know someone with -33% channeling (adding up all the stats on their equipment) and if they have a cleric with them that uses the red bubble skill (reduces channeling speed by 25% (?))...you are totally pwned
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As I understand, they also use apoth items, to further reduce their channeling time.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • squall2o0
    squall2o0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So any reason 400+ posts later,why no GM has come to say anything?

I agree with the Roll Back btw :)
  • Arrista - Sanctuary
    Arrista - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Boza,

I absolutely agree with your explanation of the database. In order for an on line game to store information and be web based they do have every means to do a roll-back. It is truly sad the amount of people still in game running around with items that were gained in the improper imputing of code in patch 77 and a select 70 were banned. NO ONE should have been banned especially when this Epic Fail is PWI's fault. I have been diligently investigating this situation with my own programmers and have yet gotten the same reaction that PWI has given, which really has been nothing from PWI.I could write a small book with conversation I have, but here is a few: The responses I am getting back is this a programming problem with the coding, and the quest was too perfectly done to have been a so called bug. Also, they have stated how can an exploit go on when PWI instated a quest that gave people major monies and then continued allowing the quest to be done over and over again, just as many quests in PWI have done during special events. Like I have stated before instead of PWI taking responsibility for their Epic Fail, they have chosen to make examples out of a select 70 players and allow hundreds of people to remain in game with items they shouldn't have according to the reason they banned 70 players accounts for. I understand going through bot logs and coding is a tedious job and no fun at all, been there done that. But, I have never banned for my mistake or the programmers mistake. We have shut the servers down, and either we have rolled back or gone into the accounts and deleted money or items gained. Honestly, we are all wasting our breath and time here on this issue. Everyone is going on emotions and not the facts and I can understand that, because most have no knowledge of behind the scene gaming issues. To them it's the players fault, PWI is great, but people with knowledge are not going to be so quick to have the wool pulled over their eyes. This game has brought me extreme pleasure, as well as acquiring an on line family of close friends. I spent many thousands of dollars without the blink of an eye to play a so called free game. I just hope PWI sets things right, but I am not holding my breath.

I totally agree, I will miss my family of friends who are staying with PWI that is more concerned with making money than doing what is right by honest players. This is my farewell to PWI, and my great fraction LIONSOUL family.b:cryb:byeb:cry
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I totally agree, I will miss my family of friends who are staying with PWI that is more concerned with making money than doing what is right by honest players. This is my farewell to PWI (till I hear they did rollback) and my great fraction LIONSOUL family.b:cryb:byeb:cry

There isn't going to be a rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boza_Mishica - Lost City
    Boza_Mishica - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    are you saying that rollback will magically fix everything when the server starts to present failure?

are you saying these buffers do not demand better hardware = more costs with hardware, slower application, more failures?

the only thing I'm sure is that I wouldn't be hired if table logs and rollbacks were as good as you say.

Not really, but it can always bring database to it's prior saved state, without manual backing up. Rollback is not the solution here, it's DB periodical automated logging. Rollback is just a command(job, task, w/e you wanna call it).

Not neceseraly, you can always use multi CPU system, if you know what you're doing, to cut down the costs of hardware needed. It takes heck of a time to learn, but it pays off. Not by storing data it self in logs, but only by adding data indexes, and playing a bit with values. It saves a lot of space! But in the end yes it proves to be a more expensive option, but in applications as mmorpg games more then needed, absolutely. And no, it does not slow down apps, if done properly ofc.

I am not judging your knowledge, it's there and quite of it! I am just saying you probably did not have enough experience in large scale, online, up to several terabytes databases, to know how many people would be needed to manipulate real-time changing database with no mistakes, especialy when it's being altered more then 100k times per second. You have to define an automated, planed logging operations, and define planed rollback as detailed as posable. Without it all hell would break loose! You get hired because, most people have no clue how to use full potential of logging. You get hired because on smaller scale databases it's not worth the effort to automate system, it's cheaper and more efficient to perform things manualy. You get hired because you have knowledge. (Note: smaller, not small)

PS. God its gr8 I get to have some useful and inteligent conversation on game forums for a change!b:victory

I think everyone with half a brain got it by now. b:beatup
    Boza,

...It is truly sad the amount of people still in game running around with items that were gained in the improper imputing of code in patch 77 and a select 70 were banned. NO ONE should have been banned especially when this Epic Fail is PWI's fault ... Like I have stated before instead of PWI taking responsibility for their Epic Fail, they have chosen to make examples out of a select 70 players and allow hundreds of people to remain in game with items they shouldn't have according to the reason they banned 70 players accounts for...
    I understand your point of view, but I still stay indiferent to the matter, 'cause I understand how corporate business works. Decision has been made and nothing will change it, so I save my nerves, as much as I can.
    ...Honestly, we are all wasting our breath and time here on this issue ... I just hope PWI sets things right, but I am not holding my breath.

It's already been answered, no rollback. So you got the point on this one. Arguing if there will be rollback or not will be waste of time.

PS. Sorry for cutting your quote and ejecting parts of it, but had to be done so I shorten a bit this huge post.
  • Arrista - Sanctuary
    Arrista - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

WOW !!! A responce from a mod b:thanks

Post edited, Thanks for crushing my hopes b:surrender
  • Wing_Goddess - Lost City
    Wing_Goddess - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lol why would you want to take a vaction on Friday the 13th if you believe in it... It might affect you way more harder in reality than in a game... -_-.. cmon now =P
  • littletear
    littletear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hi.. i have a question.. why can't i enter in perfect world, now? : ( ..
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There is a maintenance going on right now.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194851
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catarine - Sanctuary
    Catarine - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When i try to log in on the game it won't let me in, and it says that the update connection failed.. is it because of this? i'm new so i don't know, oh and will i be able to play soon? b:pleased
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maintenance will be complete in less than 40 minutes. I'm locking this thread as it's related to last week's maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.