Emergency Maintenance Complete - Please Read

Options

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now let us be reminded This is a game. It is supossed to be for fun.So TW got messed up & you loose out on 10m coins & now you have to actually fight to keep a Teritory.OMG this is just a game. Get a life. If you complain like this about a game then i feel sorry for you......really. The gm's worked hard to corect a problem & they did. there is more at steak then there pockets, That is there jobs. If you only care about your pockets being hurt then quit. there are plenty of ppl that still play for the fun of the game.....because it is a game not life. Thank you for reading.

You fail. It's not about missing out on 10M coins. It's not even about "our pockets." I'd explain to you (again, because SO MANY people just don't GET IT) but your spelling and grammar structure already tells me you won't be able to understand anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now let us be reminded This is a game. It is supossed to be for fun.So TW got messed up & you loose out on 10m coins & now you have to actually fight to keep a Teritory.OMG this is just a game. Get a life. If you complain like this about a game then i feel sorry for you......really. The gm's worked hard to corect a problem & they did. there is more at steak then there pockets, That is there jobs. If you only care about your pockets being hurt then quit. there are plenty of ppl that still play for the fun of the game.....because it is a game not life. Thank you for reading.

You know whats worse than people who complain about a game? People who complain about people complaining about the game b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Domnorix - Heavens Tear
    Domnorix - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You know whats worse than people who complain about a game? People who complain about people complaining about the game b:bye

haha. good one.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I assume what you're getting at is when you do something for fun, it isn't serious. Look at sports for example, people train hard, take it seriously... are you accusing them of not having fun? "You guys take it too seriously, I mean, all the other team did was take some physical enhancing pills which gave them an edge (pretty huge in this case)... if you guys don't like it then quit."

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but what people do in games will most likely reflect in their lives. Notice why dog behaviours mimic those of the owner? Because your lifestyle directly influences how a pet behaves. You as a gamer, in this game, is a direct reflection of you as a person. It may be "fantasy" but there is some truth towards every action you have ever taken in PW. Yes it is a game and it is for fun, but who said you can't play a game seriously AND have fun? Your comment just goes to show what kind of person you are.

You sir are a waste of oxygen. die plz.
  • Alaxan - Heavens Tear
    Alaxan - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    k2n0twork wrote: »
    First - you're an idiot.
    Second - Even if market isnt **** up, those bug abuser got their skills at max lvls atm, their gear is +7~+9, and they still got XXXmilions on their accounts.
    Third - And i bet you are the one of those bug abusers

I will be MORE than happy to take screenshots from each of my three characters showing my account balance and my gear. I didn't take advantage of the system in anyway tho the thought of using the AH for gold trade did cross my mind. I find it more than amusing that you people sit here and whine and cry over this resolve. GM's culd have taken an hour and reset the server to pre-update, but instead they took their time to go through in detail and try to find out who did what. You don't like it? gtfo it and move on.

I love it now too... hey it's been another full day let's petition for a rollback! Let's make everyone lose EVERYTHING thye got over the last cpl of days because a few idiots took advantage of the system. GO ahead and try to bash me and call me a bug abuser too because I realize the extent of the work done by the GM's when this occured. Get over it! It aint gonna change cause of your crying and it sure as hell aint gonna be rolled back this late in the game.
  • Alaxan - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nice , you don't even show your real CHAR. How brave of you to make those accusations. GO AND GET A LIFE EXPLOITER.

R O L L B A C K

Btw... I had only signed into the forums for the first time here to post. My real Character is Alaxan on Heaven's Tear. and who are you exactly to point a finger of me making acusations when you are doing the SAME thing yourself? One word...

• Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings All,

sup xarfox
    For those who are unaware, we were forced to shut down the servers today due to an in-game bug that a select number of players were abusing.

Yeah i am wondering something else who is not aware of all these people running around with all theses 35 gold mount maxed speed. but yeah i guess you guy dont care you made some good money yesterday fine its a private business but time wil tell i mean for sure all these peopel will need a 2nd and a 3rd 35 gold mount in the near future

Our two primary concerns here at PWE were the state of our in-game economies, as well as the time and money players had invested into our game prior to the server shutdown.

BS your only concerns is making money and i do understand that but your main concers should be that the game keep going well so you keep making money and if you were really concerned about those who had invested prior to the server shut down look at the gold price on AH in sanctuary and ask them how much their earlier investemnt worth now ?
    Our Customer Service Team has been working non-stop since the servers initially went down in an effort to correct the damage caused by this bug and help preserve the integrity of our game economies. Over 10 billion coins have been removed from players who abused this bug and over 70 accounts have been suspended.

ok you did a good job on the first part billions coins yeah nice what about the items i dont see the word ITEMS IN THERE. 70 wtf yeah like if only 70 people made money out of this.
    Now regarding Guilds whose Territory Wars have been affected by the downtime, please submit a ticket and our GM staff will reimburse your guild.

Might aswell go back to diablo 1 since you give that much importance to TW

Once again, I must personally state, that we here at Perfect World Entertainment sincerely apologize for the extended downtime today. However this downtime was necessary in order to fix these critical errors.

The downtime was acceptable the sotlution maybe was not can i ask did the roll back have ever been a viable solution from your point of view at PWE ? i would just want to know and pretty sure a lot of people asking themselves the same question
    Yesterday's patch was an epic fail and we are willing to admit it, however we have learned a lot from this experience. We assure you that changes will be made to our processes and procedures in order to ensure that something like this never happens again to Perfect World International.

Not the fist time that happen in MMO's. can we have detail on what change have been made ? or this is top secret ?
    On a side note, I was never a superstitious man before today. Needless to say this Friday the 13th will forever remain etched in my mind, additionally I will be vigilantly watching the calendar in the future and filing for vacation days on future Friday the 13ths. ;)

i'll do the same
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL ITS A GAME PPL DONT TAKE IT UP THE A$$

FUNNY AS HELL READING THE POSTS OF A FEW PPL COMPLAINING ABOUT A GAME
    BEST THING TO DO IS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND DO SOMETHING ELSE THAT ISNT PLAYING A GAME.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited February 2009
    Options

BEST THING TO DO IS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND DO SOMETHING ELSE THAT ISNT PLAYING A GAME.

LOL.. funny but some ppl actaully pay real money to play this so its kinda real for them. money=real
  • Alaxan - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No, you won't get them all. You weigh the estimated effect of each course of action and choose the one you feel is less disruptive. PW did that and they have access to information we do not.

If I were standing on the outside and had to choose who's risk assessment and management plan to go with I'd take the group that had the most information to work with. That is NOT the people here on this forum. It IS the entire PW staff, GMs, QA testers, developers and their business management team.

You can second-guess till the cows come home but you simply don't have enough relevant information to make a decision that is optimal for the larger picture.

But you argued with me here earlier that I was an idiot over my opinion that the GM's made the best course of action. Seriously. You just proved my reasining for my posts to begin with. Thousands of people play this game. I know very little that actually abused the bug in any way not even through the AH. I run a guild with 90+ members right now and not a single one of them took advantage of the system at all. But you guys claim it's so rampant.... come on
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

once again whats worse than a person complaining about the game? A person complaining about the people complaining about the game b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
    edited February 2009
    Options
    once again whats worse than a person complaining about the game? A person complaining about the people complaining about the game b:bye

so true..b:laugh
  • LunarLove - Heavens Tear
    LunarLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hurray, no TW for us and we're losing our highest players. This sucks /ragequit
  • lacedcandy
    lacedcandy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=190691
    xtrm9 wrote: »
    Please Rollback if you wanna have any integrity left in the game.

U guys have been a very excellent job until this thing happened and please fix things by rollback before it gets too late.

A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

Thank you!
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol the rollback petition was closed by xarfox and thats what he said
    Let me clarify what we meant by "suspension". Accounts that were flagged for exploiting have been suspended so that they can be fully investigated. Appropriate punishment will follow.

There will not be a rollback. We realize that some of you may not be happy with that course of action but based on the logs and information on our side, this is the most appropriate resolution.

You can be assured that PWE has learned from this experience and we will not allow a situation like this transpire ever again.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thnx for the reply i think that most players wanted a reply and also that something like this never happens again and wont affect the game badly in the future "hopefully". that might not be enough for the high lvls but hopefully you can control the effects of this bug exploit in the future...
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Let me clarify what we meant by "suspension". Accounts that were flagged for exploiting have been suspended so that they can be fully investigated. Appropriate punishment will follow.

There will not be a rollback. We realize that some of you may not be happy with that course of action but based on the logs and information on our side, this is the most appropriate resolution.

You can be assured that PWE has learned from this experience and we will not allow a situation like this transpire ever again.
    free items for all pl0x then... if some bug abusers can have them (from AH and Bountique) and u dont ..."care"...we want them as wellb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Alyswyn - Sanctuary
    Alyswyn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just want to know if the items that were pulled will be fixed and brought back? I really liked them and wanted to buy them.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just want to know if the items that were pulled will be fixed and brought back? I really liked them and wanted to buy them.

Don't worry, if there is an opportunity for a company to make money, they will. Unless those items are so bugged that it would actually require work to fix them b:shocked in which case, don't hold your breath b:chuckle.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PW dealt with this whole situation in such a poor way. Giving very little information about what was going on and giving no clues to the action they were going to take while everyone was left hanging. They then took a decision that went against what most of their paying customers wanted. I can only assume they either didn't want to lose the money on items spent in that period, or they seriously screwed up and didn't actually manage to back up the data over the recent patches.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldnt just roll it back without an alterior motive.

I feel quite cheated after having put quite a bit of money in to this game, I might continue to play for a while and then quit in the near future, but one thing I'm sure of is that I wont be investing any more of my real life money in to the game after this shambolic display.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I feel quite cheated after having put quite a bit of money in to this game, I might continue to play for a while and then quit in the near future, but one thing I'm sure of is that I wont be investing any more of my real life money in to the game after this shambolic display.

That is the spirit of good consumerism. b:thanks
  • Kyoubi - Lost City
    Kyoubi - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow, do you guys do anything but complain? Just delete the game from your computer if you're going to whine like 3 year olds. You don't pay a subscription to play, so you're not entitled to anything.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow, do you guys do anything but complain? Just delete the game from your computer if you're going to whine like 3 year olds. You don't pay a subscription to play, so you're not entitled to anything.

Hmm...Hypocricy, personal attacks, poor logic.

I feel I have to do my part as a good consumer, and both complain, as well as defend those who feel they've been wronged.
  • k2n0twork
    k2n0twork Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Don't worry, if there is an opportunity for a company to make money, they will. Unless those items are so bugged that it would actually require work to fix them b:shocked in which case, don't hold your breath b:chuckle.

xarfox: hey James, did you fix that bug?
    James: nuuu
    xarfox: ah ok **** this, lets remove it from Bountique
    James: was waiting till you say that!! *evil laugh*
    xarfox: *evil laugh*
    few minutes later
    xarfox: so... rollback?
    James: *searching in PW instruction manual* hey xar, i cant find any info about it
    xarfox: eeeerm ok, no rollback then
    James: oki! *evil laugh*
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    few minutes later
    James: *searching in PW instruction manual* hey xar, i cant find any info about it

LOL, I can't tell if that is sarcasm, but either way, it is about all they have shown me recently ;D.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    few minutes later

LOL. nice b:sin
  • Mic - Heavens Tear
    Mic - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder that it is a game and not serious business. Unfortunately, you completely gloss over the fact that many like myself spend real life money and time on trying to have fun playing this game, and getting cheated like we did yesterday is the exact opposite of fun. Once again unfair games (especially those slanted against you) are not fun, there are very few people who would disagree with that. Would you play poker with 3 cards against someone with a full hand? I seriously doubt it. Furthermore, try not to make assumptions as to why people play, their reasons are their own, and many of them like PvP, and TW (and fairness in the competition).

I have spent money on this game aswell but if you actually read it says the items & money were taken out so those that exploited the game are not rich at all anymore.they did that to make sure the "econimy" stayed intaked.so the only thing you lost on was 10m cause you can go next week for the teritory.would you rather them let it go so you could've done the TW & others get richer?
  • Astatia - Sanctuary
    Astatia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    First of all... to all of you taking out your frustrations on the GM's, you're making them a scapegoat. Blame the CHEATERS who exploited the bug. I really don't care if you say "Well, there'd be no cheaters if it wasn't for the bug." BS! I like to think most of the players on PWI are relatively honest and it honestly breaks my heart to see that some are so greedy and so STUPID that they would even consider going through with it. Some of us put REAL money into this game and now the value of what we put in to it is likely to decline like crazy! I agree that a rollback is the best option now... I'm willing to sacrifice whatever exp and $ I've made in 24 hours to leave all of the CHEATERS who slipped under the radar just as broke as they were 48 hours ago. But seriously people, unless you are a software engineer and game designer yourself, you should lay off the techs at PWI. Building and maintaining a MMORPG isn't as easy as "copy", "Paste", and "delete"... We should be grateful they fixed it so quick. Although I'm in agreement that the final outcome should have been different, we have to recognize that it could have been a whole lot worse!
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    <
    is soooo glad I was in the beta when this happened. I kept getting
    "unable to connect" and figured there was some patch problem so kept
    going back to the bets

::sighs::

Seriously - what a mess. I was in a world where something similiar happened
    years ago. That mistake wasn't fixed at all and it seriously damaged the economy.
    Things were so outrageously priced that people left in droves.

And yeah, their forums exploded with this kind of anger and bitterness.

Even a voluntary, and no blame attached, coin destruction event didn't fix it.

Those of us who accumulated coins legally - including cash shop type purchases
    turned into game coin through sales of items - voluntarily donated our coin to
    drain the economy of overages.

I personally donated 2 mil and my friends similiar but despite well over 600
    million coins destroyed in a weekend the economy remained trashed.

Lots of people left, most of my friends did, and finally I left as there wasn't much
    holding me there with a skewed economy.

I can see why some wanted an immediate rollback. It makes sense to do that,
    fix the patch offline and try again next week. Of course the Valentine stuff wouldn't
    make any sense then but we can do without a romance line of quests - imho.

The longer it goes the less likely for a rollback though. Many of those who weren't
    involved, even indirectly, will honestly be pissed if they lose 2-3 days to up to a
    week of time, perhaps money, and xp.

Then they WILL come into the forums to greater stir up the pot of drek.

Frankly I think the Devs should come up with and publish the solution. (if they
    already have and I missed it - oh well - sorry).

And I do believe the TWs should have been rescheduled - if they really wanted
    it fair for all they would have done this.

But in the end, no matter what happens, I am glad I missed the entire mess
    that created this.

Oh yeah, and no Cash Shop purchases from me! Don't want the PWI SS turning
    me in for having a Gold Charm fgs!

b:scorn

Yeah I guess you could say this whole thing has gone FUBAR and it's up to the
    Devs and corporate desk monkeys to fix it now, eh?
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
This discussion has been closed.