Roll back poll.

Options

Comments

• davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if they did do a rollback, it would most likely be to right before the maintenance.. which means of your 40-50 hours of grinding, you'd lose at most 10 (since the server was only online roughly 10 hours before it went down again for emergency maintenance).. so you wouldn't lose that much

that's actually what i hoping to happen.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There is going to be a roll back to whatever they did b4 the patch. I don't even need to know anything besides the fact that it was a money exploit caused by the new patch to make that statement. Easiest and fastest way to fix that, but they still need to fix whatever items you get to change the npc prices or something.
    People told me this was found on a private server and was fixed, guess GMs just didn't know that.
  • stewie222
    stewie222 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ....to before the newest update. It's the only way to truely fix the problem. It's not fair to everyone, but is needed: It will be impossible to track, and erase all profits from the exploit! I spent some time lvling today, and hate to see that effort wasted; However, i would hate it more to be put at a perminant disadvantage against players who used that exploit!

I don't think that everyone profitting from the bug should be banned. IMO this bug should have never happened. Don't they test this stuff? I blame the coders.

The most fair thing i can think of is a rollback to before the newest patch, with a few days of +50% exp and spirit, and drops, if thats possible.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hpmorg wrote: »
    and to every one saying it is the players fault let me ask you after every quest turn in did yu ask a gm if it was right ? hoa about every tiime you got gold off a mob ? or sold a item to a npc ? no you did not. i am not sayign it was right of them it was rong of them but if lumber sold to a npc for 2m no one would queston it the devs are soupost to watch thoes things.

as for saying i sound like some one who used it you coudent be more off i just started playing 3 days ago and am scrimping and saveing trying to get 100k to buy a new charm atm

In any game I've played, worked on, or been affected with, being able to sell any item for a higher value than the price of buying it was considered a bug/exploit. So, yes, if an easy-to-farm item like lumber sold for 2 mil each, I'd be concerned. Especially if nothing was like that beforehand and it caused something that was stable to suddenly spiral to an insane level.

Everyone has common sense. If they choose to go and abuse somthing that has a high potential of being a glitch, then it's their fault when they have to deal with the consequences. Those who already had gold and just tried to cash in on what appeared to be an economic change aren't at fault. That's completely natural. It's the ones who went off and abused this exploit to cause this, as well as those who continued doing so after seeing what it was doing to the economy that should be getting banned.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just hope the molder pants i made this morning after mait, which came out 4 sockets are still there b:sad
    b:bye
  • fireempress
    fireempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the backlash from a market injected with too much money will be a lot less than that from a missed day of gameplay

rollback ftw!!!
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Personally I don't want a roll back. At least not that far back. I recently just got my TT60 weapon all ready and such. I really don't wanna have to spend more of my time of my life doing all that again.

Just ban the abusers or strip them of what they earned within that time. Don't punish us all for what some people did.

I understand some of you want the rollback, it would be beneficial to your wallet, but well your wallet wouldn't need to be repaired if you were wise and didn't get or lose anything of great importance.

The people wanting rollbacks sound like people who made a mistake or wrong choice in the game and want to redo it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Who is being selfish wat about the poeple that cant afford zen??

If people can afford their PCs, an internet connection and hydro bills, they sure can afford at least 10$ a month to buy Zen, and give something back to the people who tend to their gaming pleasure so generously.

In my gaming experience, here and elsewhere, I noticed that the biggest whiners are those who are the less supportive of the efforts of a whole team of developpers/distributors/gm's and never utter a word of appreciation in their favour, as long as everything stays free.

But when it's their turn to trade, sell or otherwise deal in-game, they are some of the greediest people i've ever encountered.

There is free-play but there is also fair-play: they tend to forget the second one.
    Poeple that have to grind/HH/FB there money

If you spend like 10-20$ a month in Zen, all you really get is the basics such as charms and dolls to make your grinding/HH/FBs more efficient, and it helps a lot.

Whereas if you play a Pay to Play game (such as WoW), the basic rates, with taxes and exchange rates, amount to about the same thing and yet you haven't got any basic item yet.

This is how the whole issue of FtP games should be approached, maybe peeps would have more respect for the GMs and the game if they started doing their part instead of whining constantly.

Just my .02 cents
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • IBlowYou - Heavens Tear
    IBlowYou - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Personally I don't want a roll back. At least not that far back. I recently just got my TT60 weapon all ready and such. I really don't wanna have to spend more of my time of my life doing all that again.

Just ban the abusers or strip them of what they earned within that time. Don't punish us all for what some people did.

I understand some of you want the rollback, it would be beneficial to your wallet, but well your wallet wouldn't need to be repaired if you were wise and didn't get or lose anything of great importance.

The people wanting rollbacks sound like people who made a mistake or wrong choice in the game and want to redo it.

And you sound like a selfish person, look at the bigger picture.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Sounds like you didnt read the people FOR the rollbacks opinions at all, you were too busy drooling over an easy to obtain TT60 weapon.

I didnt make any mistakes, I finished the cube of fate AND got an extacy card, and I'm for the rollback. Look at the bigger picture, thos epeople who exploited, BOUGHT things, they didnt just hoard the money, there may be signifigant economical impact. Also theres even those who didnt exploit, who just happened to sell there Zen for outrageous prices to the people who were exploiting, who are now walking around with 20mil after spending 10$.
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And you sound like a selfish person, look at the bigger picture.

Read man. I said Personally. You know damn well anyone who invested alot of time into something would be pretty frustrated to find that it was for nothing.

I also addressed the bigger picture there. I said take away their stuff they got and/or ban the abusers. Refund who got screwed too. That way everyone's happy and we can continue on fine.

In the end of this all I trust that our GM's know what they are doing and everything will turn out fine.

@Obsseded: It doesn't matter if it was easy or not. It took my time to get it. Time I can't get back. If I was in your shoes and got that card to find it was for nothing. I'd be really angry, and I can also understand why people would want to leave the game.

Regardless of what happens I'm sure it will all work out. I'm just stating my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I will "lose out" from a rollback, I bought some Hot Colours packs from the CS and got lucky with a couple of black and red dyes. I also bought an item before the bug appeared that I was pretty damn happy to get for a good price.

Overall I would "gain" from there not being a rollback, but seriously, what moron would actually believe that to be gain.

Like I said before, to vote no to a rollback you have to fall in to a certain category:

1. Gained a lot from heavy exploitation
    2. Be so self absorbed that you refuse to see the bigger picture and how you will actually lose out from the bugged time, even though you think you gained.
    3. Be misinformed about what a rollback actually is, or what the bug was that caused it
    4. Be a proficient misclicker ;)

Our "hero" Echelon fits quite evidently in to the 2nd category.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Read man. I said Personally. You know damn well anyone who invested alot of time into something would be pretty frustrated to find that it was for nothing.

I also addressed the bigger picture there. I said take away their stuff they got and/or ban the abusers. Refund who got screwed too. That way everyone's happy and we can continue on fine.

In the end of this all I trust that our GM's know what they are doing and everything will turn out fine.

Regardless of what happens I'm sure it will all work out. I'm just stating my opinion.

Do you even know what your talking about?
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is it possible that rather then a rollback, they are instead reversing all of the days transactions that are related to the gliched money in some way? I have been in games where rollbacks have occured, and where the transactions have been reversed.

The rollbacks took a couple hours to do and everything was fixed but lots of people were pissed because they lost their exp, or lost their rare/unique items that they just got, or they just did not see how the economy colapsing around them would affect them so they did not understand the need for the rollback.

In the later case, manually reversing all the gliched related transactions, it took alot of time to be done, and they were only able to remove about 98% of the gliched cash that was added but people were happier in the long run because they did not lose anything. The poeple whos points/items that were purchased had their stuff returned to them, so they only lost the gliched money but they got their product back to sell again. The economy took longer to rebound with the extra money in the game. In that game though, the total ingame money that all the players had combined was about 3 trillion and after a patch, 5 people found a glich and exploited it to add 500 trillion to the economy in 2 hours time. Removing 98% of the glich money still tripled what was originally in the economy to begin with.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    2. Be so self absorbed that you refuse to see the bigger picture and how you will actually lose out from the bugged time, even though you think you gained.
    3. Be misinformed about what a rollback actually is, or what the bug was that caused it

So true, I'd say majority of the people who disagreed are probably in the 3 category, thinking they will revert back to level 1.
  • ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback plzz if no rollback then the market and stuff will be ugh..... <every1 agreed> b:pleased
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I will "lose out" from a rollback, I bought some Hot Colours packs from the CS and got lucky with a couple of black and red dyes. I also bought an item before the bug appeared that I was pretty damn happy to get for a good price.

Overall I would "gain" from there not being a rollback, but seriously, what moron would actually believe that to be gain.

Like I said before, to vote no to a rollback you have to fall in to a certain category:

I know I'm being selfish in that but it not gonna end my life if it doesn't go my way. I would just have to do it over. Annoying but w/e.

I have the right to say I don't want a rollback because I don't wanna do something over again but in the "BIG" picture if this rollback happens....maybe I could make out better from beating the TT boss. Who knows? ^_^

@Iblowyou: Yes I do, but do you understand me? I'm trying to break it down in these many post to where you guys will get where I'm coming from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, you have the right to say you dont want a rollback because you can't be bothered to do something again and dont really care much if a whole game economy crashes and burns around you. Yes thats your right, you have used it.

We also have the right to say that people who care nothing about the good of the whole, but just want to have one bump less in their own road, are *insert your own non blanked out offensive adjective here*.

Well all understand you, dont think we dont. Thats the sad part b:sad
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Your just plain ignorant, your opinions were not needed
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, you have the right to say you dont want a rollback because you can't be bothered to do something again and dont really care much if a whole game economy crashes and burns around you. Yes thats your right, you have used it.

We also have the right to say that people who care nothing about the good of the whole, but just want to have one bump less in their own road, are *insert your own non blanked out offensive adjective here*.

Well all understand you, dont think we dont. Thats the sad part b:sad

Haha ok. I can understand the whole thing there. I don't want the economy of the game to collapse.

It really doesn't matter to me. Albeit I'll be upset but w/e. I think the GM's will do the right thing. There smart and won't let the game fall apart that easily.

We can all easily recover from a rollback, no doubt, but I hope that there's another way around it.

@IBlowYou: You've said alot about yourself there. Have you tried thinking before you call someone something? The ignorant one is pretty obvious. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The people of each and every community in PW could hear the thunder comming from what seemed to be the voices of hundreds of thousands of concerned people and the thunder got tremendously louder as they added their voices ...................."ROLL BACK!"............."ROLL BACK!"..................."ROLL BACK!"..........................!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    @Echelon

"I also addressed the bigger picture there. I said take away their stuff they got and/or ban the abusers. Refund who got screwed too. That way everyone's happy and we can continue on fine."

Quoted.

Lol it's a perfect word to describe your earlier post

EDIT: try to figure out what you said wrong. That was your own idealistic, unreal, little fantasy. Not every person can be satisfied and happy. Get over yourself
  • InfamousRox - Sanctuary
    InfamousRox - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    its **** if they roll back especially when they said there isnt a gold bug
    Meow?
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    @Echelon

"I also addressed the bigger picture there. I said take away their stuff they got and/or ban the abusers. Refund who got screwed too. That way everyone's happy and we can continue on fine."

Quoted.

Lol it's a perfect word to describe your earlier post

Hmmm, can't argue that one.

I did change what I said though in my next post. Making it sound less ignorant.

"We can all easily recover from a rollback, no doubt, but I hope that there's another way around it."

I replaced my opinion by saying another way around it. I simply said What I thought should happen.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    they can track and ban the ppl who started it.
    Amen to that,why people who havent done anything wrong must be punished too???a while ago similar thing happen in Last Chaos,there was some bug in event that some people were only getting the most valuable reward every single time they turn in their event quest,at first they were asked to return it volutarly without punishment and most did ,because otherwise it would be permament ban if they would track them down
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This isn't as simple as that. The extent of this bug means that 95% of the players in game will have been directly affected by the players exploiting the glitch. Of course the other 5% would be indirectly affected in the long run.

I'll use myself as a small example. I had about 20 items up in the auction house which would have universal appeal (mats, ultimate substance, mirage stones etc). You can be pretty sure that every single one of these would have been sold. Not only that, but other people charging extortionate prices would also have sold theirs. My guess is you could have sold mirage stones pretty easily at 100k a pop.

These transactions have been made, the people who sold at extortionate prices have also had their items sold. People who just felt like selling some gold have sold it for 500k a piece. The issue here is that there is no way to just ban the people and remove their gold, because the whole system has fallen down and the debris is everywhere. Take the person who bought 20gold just to turn it in to coin and is now walking around with 15million. They did nothing wrong, they just innocently went about their business but they have an insanely large cash sink now.

This is the issue here, there is no way to sort it, you cannot trace it all fairly.

Even if you could reverse every single transaction there are other things that come in to play. Take a person who spent 4 hours just trading, oblivious to any bug and just assuming all this craziness was down to high levels really badly wanting their new outfits. If they have all their transactions reversed its completely fair for them to complain that they missed out on levelling time that other people have now benefitted from.

No matter how far you take it, there is no way for it to work past a complete rollback. It is the only fair way to do it. Sure it would be nice for this idealism to be realism, but "lets just ban the exploiters" will leave us with a completely wrecked economy, no matter what. Is it really worth ruining the entire foundations of the game just because someone levelled well for 5 hour? Sheesh, is it really worth ruining the whole game even because one person dropped a rare mold?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

There was not a bug with the goild trading in the AH.

There was a bug with a certain item in the cash shop that could bring back much more money than what it cost to buy, so even buying gold at 600k was profitable for the bug abusers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It will be like starting over againb:cry

Level 50+ in 1 week, anyone up?b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zertryx - Sanctuary
    Zertryx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

your right it wasnt a gold bug ..... but there was a money exploit that someone used to gain a ton of money to flood the economy. So by doing so they courrupted allot of the games flow.

Basically making 6mil now = 1mil before the patch so having (just an example showing that money looses its value). that also will mean HP charms sold by players will rise to 2mil+ ..... before u could grind money / do runs and make money decently to survive a bit, but if inflation happens, basically allot of the poor just become worthless entirley and it courrupts the balance that was made before due to someone who had to exploit somthing.

How ever it's more than just the gold / money there was also the etherblade issue and many ppl were having other issues as well. I think A roll back would just be a simple solution to make it so everything goes back to how the majority liked it (theres a poll some were were 2/3rds the ppl voted for a roll back).

In the long run Inflation hurts us all. they may think thier rich now. but when players start to raise the prices on everything everyones just gonna have a much harder time. i know people lost allot of grind time and such but i rather loose 15 hours than loose the entire game in the end.
  • missrumba1
    missrumba1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would prefer to spend a little while getting back what I had.... rather than now have to financially compete against the people who profited off this ****/ Glitch, if there is no rollback or other suitable consequence .
This discussion has been closed.