Roll back poll.

Options

Comments

• dreamenchanter
    dreamenchanter Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A rollback would be no big deal. Servers are regularly backed up and definately backed up before a patch.

A rollback would take time as the entire server(s) would have to be restored. The bug would have to be fixed and the server(s) repatched from the previous server(s) save before bringing the server(s) back online. This would probably be from the latest patch install on Feb 12th.

The devs shouldn't have to, but could grant a bonus (item or XP) to everyone for the players trouble, but I hope anyone who took advantage of this bug gets wiped off the face of PWI. Exploiting bugs is against the CoC.
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    WlNG - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well if they can pin point who done it and do it nice and clean, then I'd choose that method over the roll back. Just seems like doing that way will take longer and seems a bit more complex, roll back seems easier and less hassle.
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think I saw post saying they're not doing a rollback, but since I can't find it anymore, I can't be sure if that's the case. They might've just changed their minds and edited or deleted it. That, or I was seeing things.
    EDIT:Although it said they are freezing the accounts with suspicious financial activity or sth.

I do not think freezing accounts is going to work, PWI knows the consequence of not rollback. if they do not do it, it only means they actually unable to do so.
  • KittyPurrs - Sanctuary
    KittyPurrs - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Makes me laugh at all the people i told not to do it because they'd get banned or something for it & they still did it. Will make me laugh harder if it actually happens =x Sorry that may seem mean and rude of me but who doesn't love it when they're right? O_o
    I give a new definition the word "Purr" b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options

The devs shouldn't have to, but could grant a bonus (item or XP) to everyone for the players trouble, but I hope anyone who took advantage of this bug gets wiped off the face of PWI. Exploiting bugs is against the CoC.

Yeah, or a warning or something. Seems like a possible big chunk of the players will be banned if they resort to that.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, or a warning or something. Seems like a possible big chunk of the players will be banned if they resort to that.

Which would be a good thing. The game does not need greedy bug abusers playing it. Ban them all!b:angry
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • rickroda
    rickroda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The Terms of Service say that any players using in-game exploits to gain an advantage from other players is grounds for a banhammer. If the GMs do not ban these individuals, their Terms of Service contract is now considered VOID.

Rollback please. Last thing we need are botters who will shove a lawyer in your face if you try to ban them. This affects much more than the economy.
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Which would be a good thing. The game does not need greedy bug abusers playing it. Ban them all!b:angry

Lol, great loss in players but PW can gain them back soon again. I don't think I'll miss the big chunk missing though, less lag on my part ~_~

But also think about the people who've done it. Some might just have done it because they didn't know it was bannable or part of the patch, ( you honestly never know ok lol, we got some pretty nifty people) or people who KNOW the GM's WILL fix this and decide to abuse it before it gets fixed. Roll back would be fine, as long as the glitch doesn't go by again those "greedy" bugs won't be able to abuse that power again.
  • ochnod77
    ochnod77 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think they should ban everyone who used the **** or glitch which ever it is regardless of who they are or what faction they are from. They knew what they were doing and cheating is against the games rules and banning is the solution. So you lose a few players. Its not fair to the rest of us who have played and put money into this game and worked our butts off to get our characters where they are now. To roll the game back penalizes all of us who worked to get where we are now. AND THATS NOT FAIR TO US. BAN THE ABUSERS
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ochnod77 wrote: »
    I think they should ban everyone who used the **** or glitch which ever it is regardless of who they are or what faction they are from. They knew what they were doing and cheating is against the games rules and banning is the solution. So you lose a few players. Its not fair to the rest of us who have played and put money into this game and worked our butts off to get our characters where they are now. To roll the game back penalizes all of us who worked to get where we are now. AND THATS NOT FAIR TO US. BAN THE ABUSERS

Too late to ban the abusers without a rollback. Effortless coin (akin to printed or counterfeit Money) has entered every part of the economy. Just by me having items in AH at reasonable pre-patch prices, I was cheated. They can't remove all the fake coins since I am certain that the majority of the server came into contact with bugged coins whether they wanted to or not (my items in AH for instance that I had in there since before the patch). It would require an incredible amount of work to deal with each case individually, which is why a rollback is the logical solution.
  • bermejo
    bermejo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its not fair to the rest of us who have played and put money into this game and worked our butts off to get our characters where they are now. To roll the game back penalizes all of us who worked to get where we are now. AND THATS NOT FAIR TO US. BAN THE ABUSERS

I agree!!!! THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION TO DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE WHO DECIDED TO EXPLOIT AN OBVIOUS INGAME BUG INSTEAD OF DOING THE RIGHT THING FOR THEMSELF AND THE PWI COMMUNITY BY---> REPORTING TO A GM!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ...... and the crowd roars........."ROLL BACK"......."ROLL BACK"........"ROLL BACK".............!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How about we ban the abuser AND do a rollback?

Make sense or no?
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    @bermejo

OK, WTH are you guys talking about?

The problem started as of last night's maintenance, and they should have a backup point at that time. Have you guys really worked your butt's off so much in less than half a day, to be worth ruining the entire server's economy for a couple of months? I really really doubt it.
  • hpmorg
    hpmorg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    to be honest it is not the fault of the people who used it theay just did a samrt move it is the devlopers mistake for ading such a flaw in the game evert one just needs to be reset to b4 this whole fieasco
  • davais
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How about we ban the abuser AND do a rollback?

Make sense or no?

It does not make sense. :)
    It is what should have been done.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

How much could you really lose if they do rollback to the time right before the patch?
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    davais wrote: »
    It does not make sense. :)
    It is what should have been done.

o.o Thanks Yoda.
  • davais
    edited February 2009
    Options
    @bermejo

OK, WTH are you guys talking about?

The problem started as of last night's maintenance, and they should have a backup point at that time. Have you guys really worked your butt's off so much in less than half a day, to be worth ruining the entire server's economy for a couple of months? I really really doubt it.

It is not players do not want to do it. look at the poll. more then 2/3 players want a rollback. Yes there are still 1/3 of players do not want rollback, but if you take the vote put in by abusers (of course they do not want a rollback) and players who think rollback means they lose all of their hard work, what % it will be?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hpmorg wrote: »
    to be honest it is not the fault of the people who used it theay just did a samrt move it is the devlopers mistake for ading such a flaw in the game evert one just needs to be reset to b4 this whole fieasco

You sound like one of the players that abused it. Just because it is there, does not make it right to use. No matter what the situation it was the choice of the players to abuse the bug, it was not smart, it was very stupid and they all deserve bans.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • deathken1
    deathken1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

IT IS THE FAULT OF THE PEOPLE WHO ABUSED IT. Gm's can't catch every flaw and mistake they may have made, it's our responsibility to be their eyes and ears when they need it. The players who noticed this should have been responsible to fellow PWI community and reported and threaten to report any others they knew abusing. BUT since they decided to abuse it, they should be punished.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Realistically if they chose not to roll back on such a huge glitch in game they would lose a lot of players. Personally I've spent about $200-$300 on this game in the 2 months I've been playing on myself and my gf's accounts. I know that if they dont roll back I'll just write that money off and head off to a different game, I'm sure there are many others who feel exactly the same. What is the point in playing a game if such things are allowed to occur?

Banning the players is one thing, but that would not fix the economy. There is no way they can only roll back the gold trading, coins trading that came about because of it just to save a handful of people their 3-4 hours wasted grinding time. For one that probably isn't even possible with the information saved on their system without weeks of server downtime while they traced the trades.

Not rolling back on this would be a monstrous mismanagement on both the in game economy and their own income. It would tarnish the reputation of PW on the whole and as word got out the number of players who chose to start playing the game would diminish rapidly.

If I was a betting man, and being as I make my living from playing poker, I am. I would bet a huge amount of money that they will roll this back. Look at the facts, is there any reason for them to actually not roll it back other than a small handful of people complaining about the few hours they spent grinding?

Sure, they should offer some in game compensation, but nothing huge. Double xp on crazy stone for a week? 5 free training esotericas to every player (though this would again cause economy issues and affect their own income)? Maybe just a 50% bonus to xp and spirit on all mobs for 3 days.

Personally I dont believe they should ban the players who exploited it, a lot of people would have been caught up by it, cheating the system not out of desire, but for fear of being left far behind. Too many semi-innocent parties would be affected and it would damage the game for these players to be banned. Protection of innocents is, in my opinion only, more important than laying the hammer down on the guilty.

I look forward to playing PW tomorrow with the expected rollback having taken place.

*Edit: The only people I would really feel bad for are those who pulled out something amazing, dropping a Cape of Tauren Chieftan from their fb69 for example. It is a shame, and it would suck for those players to lose what they were so excited to obtain. Anyone who complains about their loss of 50% of a level of whatever is just grossly self absorbed, and choosing to remain ignorant to the devastating affect this could have on the game as a whole.
  • Yukibi - Heavens Tear
    Yukibi - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no please no rollback! I finally hit lvl 51 and got the perfect dress for my character! Did this this morning before all this went down..please don' t make me beg!!
    Enrage and Proud.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no please no rollback! I finally hit lvl 51 and got the perfect dress for my character! Did this this morning before all this went down..please don' t make me beg!!

No rollback and for the next 2 months we will all be paying a million coin per gold charm, but I suppose, since you have your perfect dress and all... b:victory
  • Bluesonya - Lost City
    Bluesonya - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i want to change my vote........ I vote YES for the rollback
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As if thunder had rolled through the PW, you could hear the crowd........"ROLL BACK"............."ROLL BACK"............"ROLL BACK".........

Then the thunder subsided as if the Godly Makers (GM) had answer their prayers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • davais
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have spend 40/50 hours farming HH to make money to buy a phoenix, finially saved about 10m which is half of a phoenix, wondering what I will find out tomorrow when I log in.
  • hpmorg
    hpmorg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    and to every one saying it is the players fault let me ask you after every quest turn in did yu ask a gm if it was right ? hoa about every tiime you got gold off a mob ? or sold a item to a npc ? no you did not. i am not sayign it was right of them it was rong of them but if lumber sold to a npc for 2m no one would queston it the devs are soupost to watch thoes things.

as for saying i sound like some one who used it you coudent be more off i just started playing 3 days ago and am scrimping and saveing trying to get 100k to buy a new charm atm
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Are you High???? They are cheating scum that should never be allowed to play Perfect World ever again.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if they did do a rollback, it would most likely be to right before the maintenance.. which means of your 40-50 hours of grinding, you'd lose at most 10 (since the server was only online roughly 10 hours before it went down again for emergency maintenance).. so you wouldn't lose that much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
This discussion has been closed.