Roll back poll.

Options

Comments

• stormmeeuw
    stormmeeuw Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually davias there could be other issues causing the long downtime.

Remember, there was a bug with Ether and could have been more bugs that some people may not have found that the Techs/GMs did that they are working on right now. Ones that can't be fixed by just a rollback.

This is not true.
    Rollback would make this disastrous update undone, including ALL bugs.
    Game would at least run as it was, waiting for a hopefully more succesfull next update.

It looks like rollback is not an option for PWI.

A most interesting and exciting day for when you happen to study ingame economics b:laugh
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Actually these can be traced.

And then what? Ban these people one at a time? A process that will take forever, over a bug that should have been caught in the first place, or at least shut down the servers within an hour after maintenance (when even I knew there was a problem).

What about all of those people who suddenly got coin rich trading Gold, at the ridiculous prices it was, who suddenly have all of their skills and just about anything else you can get from NPCs (Nice Stack of Perfect Gems they have). To put it simply, wheres my 200million coins? I will gladly pay the same 20$ or less that they payed (and then just cheated everyone else who was selling gold in AH at the time, who wasn't around to exploit the situation). As someone who didn't participate in this whole thing I think I'm right to feel cheated, and short of rolling this back I don't see any solution that won't make me and many others that I know quit this game.
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ............ opens fresh bag of Doritos......... opens fresh 2 liter of Mountain Dew............ turns Wii............. bust out a game of Mario Kart 64!!!!!!! Yea! Thats how a real Gamer does it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • savagestorm
    savagestorm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    stormmeeuw wrote: »
    This is not true.
    Rollback would make this disastrous update undone, including ALL bugs.
    Game would at least run as it was, waiting for a hopefully more succesfull next update.

It looks like rollback is not an option for PWI.

A most interesting and exciting day for when you happen to study ingame economics b:laugh

Let me put it a different way then, some clients were stuck in other areas before this last patch and a few other bugs that needed fixing....So they have to not only rollback the server , but fix those issues as well.

This would make for a longer downtime.

As for in game economics, I do believe I said a rollback would fix that issue.
  • Phuzzz - Sanctuary
    Phuzzz - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well i heard that some dude made from this exploit 550 mil, this player alone can ruin the whole PWI in-game economy if he stays with this amount of money. Game was doing great before the exploit, or if not rollback, raise the prices of everything, like each DQ item is 100K to an npc, so make it as a ratio thing, but the problem if that happens will be, wonder how long will take to change the basic price of every single drop and item in the game, no PWI for a while here, and also it will become like a poor County's economy, buy a Raptor for 50 million, bu a charm for 10 million, it just ended up in adding many Zeros to everything, which sucks. lol.

Anyways, good luck to all, and good luck to PWI Staff, Cheers...b:victory
  • tatu3110
    tatu3110 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well roll back or not i don't like ANYONE messing around with my stuff be it game coins exp or anything what so ever .... Mistake made by programmers Not by us specifically me.... So you guys should know whom to hunt down and whom not to...... And yeah if i loose a single thing after roll back am surely leaving this game for good.... And trust me many more will do the same
  • Craiz - Heavens Tear
    Craiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    for all those who are crying over that server may or may not roll back b:chuckle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inqd00PuNqQ
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Options:

#1: Ban all the accounts that exploited the bug, no rollback.

#2: Say "awe please dont try to hide bugs that makes you insanely rich" and rollback till before it started.

Either way a large portion of the population will be unhappy. Of course the impact of the massive cash influx spread FAR wider than the original abusers, so its almost imposible to deal with this on a "personal" level. So everyone gets equally punished, or you make exmaples of the original cheaters to deter future incidents and let the economy gradually stabalize.
  • Swifti - Heavens Tear
    Swifti - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    almost anything is better than letting the cheaters keep their gold, dont know how anyone can disagree with me here. losing a few hours of xp/gold is a lot better than having cheaters dominate the game
  • Phuzzz - Sanctuary
    Phuzzz - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Exactly, my friend made 23 mil out of 10 gold, but doesn't like it still, was just messin around lol, and i think no one actually knows yet what exactly or why exactly this happened, i would like to know plz.
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If a rollback is the only way to fix the economy, it MUST be done. People are underestimating just how much the economy affects the entire game, as well as how much everyone enjoys it.
  • fireempress
    fireempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    either way, that gold pobably has propigated throughout servers
    it would have been used in trades for other items, used to buy from npcs, et cetera.
    while i personally detest this wait i want the game to be a level playing field
  • Voxstellarum - Heavens Tear
    Voxstellarum - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    80% of ppl will QUIT eh??? some of you forum junkies really should be shot in the face with burning hot metal from the barrels of several guns.
  • Shakko - Sanctuary
    Shakko - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There need to be rollback. 1 day of playing isn't worth the destruction of economy.
  • perplexity
    perplexity Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tatu3110 wrote: »
    Well roll back or not i don't like ANYONE messing around with my stuff be it game coins exp or anything what so ever .... Mistake made by programmers Not by us specifically me.... So you guys should know whom to hunt down and whom not to...... And yeah if i loose a single thing after roll back am surely leaving this game for good.... And trust me many more will do the same

please just uninstall this game now, selfish ****bags like you are unwanted here anyway.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nah, won't be 80%, it will be the honest portion of the game who won't exploit an obvious bug. It will be those people that normally buy Zen and were not able or willing to get enough "bang for their buck", they will find that all their past CS expenditures were completely meaningless when compared to today's gold trading. Simply, those who were cheated.

This poll should have a couple more options that I think will make the right course of action a little clearer:

3. Yes, Roll it back or I'm quitting.
    4. No, don't roll it back because I exploited the bug directly or indirectly.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    80% of ppl will QUIT eh??? some of you forum junkies really should be shot in the face with burning hot metal from the barrels of several guns.

Ok there buddy you're saying shoot people over comments they made ona forum, You really need to leave your house for a bit.

Rollback already to get kids like this off here kk?
  • Tweezer - Heavens Tear
    Tweezer - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I was a GM on another Game sorta like this. just about everything.. can be tracked, it will take a few mins.... if this game uses an SQL type database it can be searched very easy. In this old game i could search a players name (code) and pull up char Stats, storage items, every item in his inventory all the Trades, Drop items (each item was assigned an unique number), ECT. so once i found the item in question I could then search the Item via the number and pull up who got the item as a drop 6 months ago. who he/she sold it to. who that person dropped it to. and who added shards to it. So don't think you can get away with cheating the system if the GM's have the time to spend researching then you will get caught.

Simple example. Query the database with 10mil+ coins on account. then 2nd query who was active the last 20 hours, hopefully the number of accounts will be small. then search through each transaction that person made and who they traded with ect.

So if u created an account then traded your main 150k to buy gold and then started exploiting the game system then.. you can be caught.

plus people didn't realize that each time they logged in there IP was stored in the database. Its so easy to catch people cheating and hacking/ exploiting on there noob char.

And i Hope they roll back the server. I've seen what excess coins can do to game servers..
  • KittyPurrs - Sanctuary
    KittyPurrs - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    seriously whats a roll back going to do? you cant roll back the fact that people are greedy and WILL still have the power to sell gold for high prices.
    I give a new definition the word "Purr" b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It was never about selling the gold at high prices, but trading an item bought with gold, for 1mil/gold. And some people accumulating ridiculous amounts of gold.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    seriously whats a roll back going to do? you cant roll back the fact that people are greedy and WILL still have the power to sell gold for high prices.

xD They can sell gold at 200million per if they want, and NO ONE WILL BUY IT. That is under normal conditions. Today however, since Coins were literally free, as in people exploited a bug where they traded certain new Boutique Items, which I will not name, by speaking to the Postbox and receiving a new Quest (Yes, given by the Postbox). The quest traded each item for 150 Pigments (Which NPCed for 3.7million), they just did this **** all day. So yes, while people can sell gold and buy Gold at whatever they please, when it is an obvious cheat in the game, it has to be dealt with. In case you are wondering what that does to an economy: http://hubpages.com/hub/Hyperinflation_in_Post_World_War_I_Germany
  • KittyPurrs - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Soooo fix the damn item? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And unless they do the rollback, won't fix the problem. Since there's a lot of new currency injected to the market, and the market(AH and cat shops) being cleaned from all decent items, there's going to be inflation.
  • KittyPurrs - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Anyone have word if they're even going to do a roll back? I seen a post by a gm or something saying they care about the economy XD lolz?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would like to hear the answer to this as well. I intentionally avoided abusing the exploit because I assumed everything would be corrected. Now with people with 100's of millions of coins buying out the entire AH and taking their gear to the absolutely limits of imagination I have no chance to compete and will not be able to afford any of my future gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think I saw post saying they're not doing a rollback, but since I can't find it anymore, I can't be sure if that's the case. They might've just changed their minds and edited or deleted it. That, or I was seeing things.
    EDIT:Although it said they are freezing the accounts with suspicious financial activity or sth.
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    welp...i love this part of the ToS...if anyone intentionally used the bug to get an advantage over other players this section covers it...kinda asks to be banned :D

(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players
    banner01.jpg
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    WlNG - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In the long run I think its best to fix this issue as soon as possible because later on new and more complicated issues will come fourth. Plus is a win/win thing if we do get the roll back. Our money is back, downfall is the exp and things we've done within that time. But that can be gained back within time.b:pleased
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like a roll back cuz if there is everything from today will be wiped clean as if it didnt exsist meaning it go back to rite before when maintence lastnight shutted down. so who ever sold will have there stuff back and everyone will have there coins from that day but loose everything today. its really not a big deal when u think about it stuff like this happens just re grind etc i know grindn is a pain but theres nothing we can really do if we let the game be as it is. cmon this is nuts i saw a training scroll 80k and raidence wings at 5 mil and a kirin way past 6m and non spurred this is nuts. ppl are too pissed off now as is i rather loose items that i got as droped today and loose the clothes i bought from my friend then have this exploit continue. if it calms the game and brings it back to normal then im all for a roll back
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes i herd that in game that they will look into all the transaction logs that ppl made etc wheter thru trade or gold whatever there looking into that too and guarentee a crackdown
This discussion has been closed.