List of the best ways to get through the down time:
    2 - RedTube

b:dirty 10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Roll back to level 1? If they do that forget the game, But still talk to people.
  • trose
    trose Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    you dont understand how class action lawsuits work do you? wouldnt cost me a penny. the lawyer pays all expenses and will take 1/3 of all money won from the lawsuit as his fee to cover whatever expenses + get filthy rich. everyone would only get a portion of their money back but the money isnt even the point. the main point is it would put PWI into bankruptcy.

oh and btw i went to college with a guy who is a tort lawyer so all i had to do was pick up my cell phone and scroll through my numbers.
    Uh,, A Perfect World is hosted in China I believe and you would have to sue under Chinese or internatioal ,not US law.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    gm keeps posting the same message.......
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    KaTime - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dredsgirl wrote: »
    Will the GM's know who exploited the bug(s)? If so, instead of doing a rollback...how about just ban the pplz who exploited the bug(s)?

Hmm you are right Roll Back and the same drama again oh noees
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lets spend this joyous down-time constructively giving away our in-game secrets and hints... you go first
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PWE Devs are working to fix the issues from last night's patch.

No ETA yet on when the servers will be back up.

We like to be in the game too b:victory

Please keep assumptions and rumors as just that, do not take those as truths.

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Thanks Darth! WTG PWE! Not only for doing your best with technology, but also for putting up with a whiny impatient userbase! =D

*goes back to reading amusing arguments*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • EP_DarkSol - Lost City
    EP_DarkSol - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Which ones, specifically?

Because I have only heard that the PVE servers were affected by it. If this is true, would that mean that the LC server will come up first?

Would that mean that if the servers get a rollback, LC will be spared?

What is the extent of the problems, server by server? I know about the Etherblade Lake, but I'm speaking of the other problems.

Please post if you have any info on which servers were affected by what?
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    gm keeps posting the same message.......

Remembers me on a bot xD
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well thats just great, No more Pwi for a while
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so i just bought like 100 gold 2day what is gona happen to that i have only used about 4 gold so far outa tat
  • Lady_Nineve - Sanctuary
    Lady_Nineve - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Please look for official posts from Admins here on the forums in regards to the emergency server maintenance.

Let the others whinge. I know you guys are trying to get this rolling again, and we'll be hot when we're hot. As long as I don't lose my hard-won new level, I'll be thrilled. If I do, meh. I'll get it back again.

This is actually giving me a chance to catch up on other things.

Nineve
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks Darth! WTG PWE! Not only for doing your best with technology, but also for putting up with a whiny impatient userbase! =D

*goes back to reading amusing arguments*

Gwen XD b:byeb:chuckle
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • lterror
    lterror Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

we understand that.. but rather than repeating the same message over and over.. it might be nice to know WHAT they are actually trying to fix so that we have some semblance of a clue as to the necessity of all of this down time.. saying "they are looking into bugs" doesn't say much.. I mean, if they are looking into bugs, the servers could be down forever (since in 2+ years, including the malaysian version, they haven't been able to fix the gouf or zhen glitches)
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Which ones, specifically?

Because I have only heard that the PVE servers were affected by it. If this is true, would that mean that the LC server will come up first?

Would that mean that if the servers get a rollback, LC will be spared?

What is the extent of the problems, server by server? I know about the Etherblade Lake, but I'm speaking of the other problems.

Please post if you have any info on which servers were affected by what?

i seen in AH people buying gold for 400k on lost city..i think problem is on all server..but lost city people is more smart and passed to other subaccounts all coins.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Silly question. Do you guys actually play too?
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The Gms will make a Trip to Hawaii from your Money b:laugh

No sure not^^ I think they will pay it back in ZEN
  • Lady_Nineve - Sanctuary
    Lady_Nineve - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    meatron wrote: »
    so i just bought like 100 gold 2day what is gona happen to that i have only used about 4 gold so far outa tat

I don't think anybody's gonna lose much.

Nineve
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would like to know too. I left for lunch and classes before the problem had spread to Lost City, so I was not able to verify it when I got back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eltherian - Lost City
    Eltherian - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When you guys reference that people used a cash shop exploit to gain heaps of coins and then say you want a rollback so that they do not have illegitimate money, I can understand where you are coming from. But, could the GMs not just rollback those specific exploiters/ban them to avoid rolling everyone else back? That way the exploiters get busted and those who earned their money legitimately, do not get punished. Would this not be a good solution?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <---- Greater than a Phoenix.
  • meatron
    meatron Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't think anybody's gonna lose much.

Nineve

i really have no problen wht the roll back and all i just wana know that the rest of the gold i have bought, ill still have tat
  • KromX - Sanctuary
    KromX - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so far it sounds like all servers have been affected. i know santuary has been for sure.
  • keannaz1
    keannaz1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Either way your anger makes me laugh. Cause I don't care that I lose exp, coins, an authentic work I looted... Cause the Gms are fixing a problem. That in itself is worth losing all of what I accomplished when servers came back up.

You attack the GMs. I didn't think it was fair. So I suggested you be fair and think of the process they need to go through. (which is what Furious simplified, if you had actually paid attention to a post I made shortly after his you would understand mine better). You asked for an explanation, but the way you went about it was rude in my eyes. I was defensive, not even trying to be rude. People are unfair to GMs when they work their butts off for us. Thus, I stand up for that because I don't feel they need to put up with our anger because someone causes **** for all of us to deal with and making their job harder.

BTW once again, Furious simplified my reasoning. I've been trying to get you to think of that all of my posts, and I was NOT intending to be rude in any of them. So my apologies if I seemed that way, but I was merely defending.

Hmm.... growing up... I don't wanna, I'm a toysRus kid ;)

This is true. They do deal with alot of **** already. And this glitch is not their fault in the end. I know they dont want to set players back. I simply was having a problem with the length of this it took them to detect the problem. But now that i have talked with you and read what furious had to say, i do agree. They have to answer to someone else in the end so that delays the process of actions being taken.

Also, i apologize as well for anything rude i said to you. Thanks for the responses though. They actually did help me get a better understanding. I also forget that my tone cant be heard in here. I was acutally never intending to sound mean or rude. I was quite calm the whole time b:pleased i had fun talking to you though
  • KaTime - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hmm well i think that a company bought all the gold to sell it cheaper than pwi what do you think?
  • Moriki - Lost City
    Moriki - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Near the shutdown, LC had gold prices as high as 999,999... I'm fairly certain it was effected too.
  • Mikki - Heavens Tear
    Mikki - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    you have any idea how easy it is for any eula to be thrown out?

As a former senior game master of a succesful mmo yeah i have every idea how you would fail to convince any court that you didn't digitaly sign a legaly binding contract when you agreed to play the game.

Failed again please try harder.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    keannaz1 wrote: »
    This is true. They do deal with alot of **** already. And this glitch is not their fault in the end. I know they dont want to set players back. I simply was having a problem with the length of this it took them to detect the problem. But now that i have talked with you and read what furious had to say, i do agree. They have to answer to someone else in the end so that delays the process of actions being taken.

Also, i apologize as well for anything rude i said to you. Thanks for the responses though. They actually did help me get a better understanding. I also forget that my tone cant be heard in here. I was acutally never intending to sound mean or rude. I was quite calm the whole time b:pleased i had fun talking to you though

b:chuckleb:victory Ditto
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Again, how do you know they didn't begin to work on something? Because it wasn't twelve hours that the gold prices were that high in HT. I know this also because I was checking gold rate at about 3am PST. and the rates were NORMAL. So don't try and tell me in HT that it was 12 hours.

GMs have a process with which to solve problems, much like they try to get us to use tickets when we have issues in game as well. Problems are solved slowly. That's the way it works. You wanna be impatient, you're playing the wrong mmo

Sorry _River, but it was 3 am PST when the server went DOWN for maintenance, before the bugs were introduced to the game.

FAIL
  • Thia - Lost City
    Thia - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This kind of "emergency maitainance" that usually take hours and hours to fix are usually the beggining of the end in this kind of games. It's absolutely unaceptable that the servers stay shut down for so long. The problem is that it is more imprtant to make money with the players than to get a good technical support. If this goes on I shall uninstall the game.
  • Vaxi - Sanctuary
    Vaxi - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    trose wrote: »
    Uh,, A Perfect World is hosted in China I believe and you would have to sue under Chinese or internatioal ,not US law.

Actually, PW International's servers are located in Palo Alto, California, USA.

whois on the serverlist.txt FTW!
    Sig options = fail.

b:irritated