Options

Comments

• Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Actually these can be traced.

exploiters yes, but ppl that had 100-200 gold (from previous trades / charging) and PROFITED from the HIGH AH PRICES 500-900k / gold due to some BUG ABUSURES... how do u punish those? they did nothing wrong, but still made a HECK LOAD of cash due to OTHER ppl cheating
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All speculation about a rollback that we dont know if will happen, wait patiently, and I agree to wait as long as necessary if problems are solved in general.
    And about trace the transactions, obviously if you have a Log you allways can trace all, difficult and tedious it is something that can not be is another and whether it can be if there is a log.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • schil
    schil Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think most of you are centering on the wrong thing. While the rollback could possibly have very positive effects on the future of the game and while it does solve the problem it's just a "quick fix".

It should be looked into how such a drastic mistake could be allowed, why it took so long for gms and people in charge of the game to take notice of it and stop while it was still in early stages. Rollback does seem like the only possible solution for everything to return to how it was but I think most people even more than a rollback want to see the people who exploited this and brought the glitch to such proportions punished and rightly so.

Before I end my post I'd just like to know if we intend to rollback after every new update or will this be the one and only time and everyone will learn from it. Because if it isn't it might as well be better to just stop playing the game right now.
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mm and how can u tell it was 1mil from fair made money or exploited money?
    and what about my 5mil i lost on teleacoustics and my legendary weapon which i dropped?

lol my opinion on you dropping your item is your loss for doing it
  • neca123
    neca123 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    can't they just ban the players? I can't do a rollack or I'll be back at square one, and that is entirely unfair to me
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am thoroughly convinced that anyone who is against a rollback has either exploited, profitted indirectly by selling items at inflated prices to take advantage of others exploiting, or are just simply trying to qualify for the next Special Olympics.

Why do people find it funny to use those that are handicapped for their petty squabbling? Were you taking a poke and handicapped people, no, you were telling these non roll back people that they are stupid. In doing this you felt the need to insult the work, talent, and hardship of all those who participate in these olympic events. They may not be as exciting to you as big hulking sweaty men running around, but it is not their fault for being born with their condition, and they work very hard and struggle just as much to get where they are. Stop using them in these pathetic fights. Ignorance, Jesus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Xarfox,

I respect your position and opinion and I hope that all of you in power will do what is best for all involved. You may be able to trace a lot, and if you ban those people, that's wonderful. I could actually live with that vs a rollback, but I still think a rollback is best... for whatever my opinion is worth. If you choose that route you may get the ill-gotten gold out of the game but what of all the AH items that are gone?

The problem is you probably cannot fix everything so you'll likely take whatever measure will fix the most. Good luck with that (no sarcasm intended)... having to fix the mess isn't a position I would want to be in right now since no matter what you do, some people will be unhappy.

Please keep this in mind when handing out punishments that every kind and harmless player who leaves the game is the lasting legacy of the actions of those who abused the game.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol my opinion on you dropping your item is your loss for doing it

yeah but everybody with a fresh pair of brains could imagine the only good solution for this would be a rollback.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    neca123 wrote: »
    so what.. some ppl exploited a bug, in all honesty wouldn't u? I only been playin a few days, so if they rollback It's like I'm starting over.. FORGET THAT

They can just roll it back to before the patch so it's not difficult to gain whatever lvls back from playing. Being a low level, it's extremely easy to gain levels and do quests. The high levels should be complaining but not a lot are. It seems to me that more low level characters are complaining about the xp loss and having to do quest again.
  • serpentstrike
    serpentstrike Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is the first ive heard about any exploits, but i dont go to forums often tho. i personaly would vote no on a rollback as 1 hour befor the downtime was announced i bought (not bid) 3 3*** items from AH for nice prices. rollback would mean id lose them and yes get the money back but probably not find em for these prices again anytime soon. and as for the person i read befor that said they cant trace the gold or w/e being transferd to friends dif accts ect...yes it can be traced via the send packets from the orig account. ive played a game before that now and then they would have maint and you would lose stuff, all you had to do was tell then when u bought it transferd ect, char name, server, date and approx time is all recorded on all your actions in game. this would mean A LOT of work for this current problem but it "could" be done. simplest answer unforunatly is a rollback. if they roll back far enough they should check all ZEN transactions and refund it to accounts so people dont just "lose" their real money spent.b:surrender
  • neca123
    neca123 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why do people find it funny to use those that are handicapped for their petty squabbling? Were you taking a poke and handicapped people, no, you were telling these non roll back people that they are stupid. In doing this you felt the need to insult the work, talent, and hardship of all those who participate in these olympic events. They may not be as exciting to you as big hulking sweaty men running around, but it is not their fault for being born with their condition, and they work very hard and struggle just as much to get where they are. Stop using them in these pathetic fights. Ignorance, Jesus.

some ppl are ignorant.. I want a rollback cause of my x points not cause of gold or anything.. they cvan check into me all they want ;)
  • ryu278
    ryu278 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a quick question: is this poll held by GMs?
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    neca123 wrote: »
    so what.. some ppl exploited a bug, in all honesty wouldn't u? I only been playin a few days, so if they rollback It's like I'm starting over.. FORGET THAT

In all honesty? NO I WOULDN'T. On games that only affect me yes I will use cheat codes and bugs. On Games that affect not just me but others HELL NO!!!
    Any one who would needs banned.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • darkness7
    darkness7 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I worked my hardest today since past 2 weeks because i want a legendary pet and axe.I made 2 mill today and felt so proud of it.If rollback occurs every item i sold to individual player's and npc's goe's byebye so ill be stuck with 300k again.I also lvled 1 1/5 a very proud day for me because I'm usually the lazy type.I had a problem with this game a few day's and didn't really like the email reply from a gm telling me it's all on my behalf that i screwed up.
    I'm in sinking sand right now... whats going on?
    i love this game to much to leave but seriously...Damn
    I hope this the last time an epic fail would occure.
    is a gm gonna get fired :O? just curious
    In my ex-mmorpg i played almost every day a gm made a strange item worth ALLOT IN NPC AND UNTRADABLE which pissed off many people.That dude got fired lol.
    I'll be loyal for this game..hey it's free and i thank you for it.
    i'm not sure what the rollbacks gonna do..i tamned new pets/did T.T. runs found people who bought my items.blehh
    roll back please this error's altering everyones way of in game life b:sad
    i will be here checking every few hours for the official announcement of whats gonna happen.
    nobody's perfect.
    not even a perfect world developer...............
    chillax :) and calm down
  • Oichi - Lost City
    Oichi - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a rollback in my opinion.

Without a rollback, you do realize how stupidly difficult it will be to get things if you aren't someone with +++ amounts of money due to this exploit?

Do any of you against the rollback pay attention to how the gold economy and the rest of the players economy affects how things are sold? Take charms for example. Making charms more expensive = they're sold for more. The same thing will happen to so many other items due to people having hordes of money because they exploited.

Sure, you're going to lose a tiny bit of experience, items you've received, blahblah but honestly? It's not like it hasn't happened before like when the server crashed.

Is losing a little bit experience more important than having to farm loads of money just to buy charms or anything else in the future for you?

And Zachari, you should have thought more before you used your real money to gain profit from this exploit. Did you really think, "Oh I'm greedy I won't get any punishment?" If they have a rollback yes, you will be stuck with gold. OH MY GOD, what's so wrong with that? You can very well buy things in the boutique and sell them for a real price, or sell your gold in AH. What's wrong with that? You'll be earning CLEAN money.

As for hard work, what about the innocent people that worked hard to earn money without any exploit? Sure, we will lose that with a rollback, HOWEVER, would you prefer to keep your hard earned money that is completely insignificant to the amount of money exploiters have? Your 1m or however much you have saved will be NOTHING to 200m+ that these members have made unfairly. So sure, whine about keeping an insignificant amount while others get to have ridiculous amounts.
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A rollback is necessary.

There are players who in a matter of minutes amassed 100-200 million coins. In real world dollars this is around $10K. If you are unwilling to dump $10k into the game how do you expect to compete with these players? They will outbid you in the AH and buy everything in cat shops.

Imagine TW bids of 100m locking out guilds from bidding.

And if you have only been playing for a few days... guess what? You've hardly made any investment in the game yet. Try saying that again at lev 80+

the 100 mill lockout thing. ppl already do that. and for the 3rd time why would someone buy everything just to hold onto it? no ones gonna buy their stuff if the prices are outrageous. u guys are scared over nuthing. new items are bought from cash shop, found, created, dropped everyday. one person cant keep up with the whole server even with 200 million coins. also ppl already have 100s of millions of coins b4 this. lots of people. so in ur own logic this could be a problem anyway. by legitimate players. but do they do it? no cuz its not that profitable since they cant compete with the whole server. ppl just bought up stuff to try to make a quick buck. its not gonna go on forever
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

amen.... QFT
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nostaljah - Heavens Tear
    Nostaljah - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If it gets rolled back then some players will quit.

If it doesn't get rolled back then some (other) players will quit.

It's a lose-lose situation.

It's true some people will quit either way... but who would you rather have leave? The people who exploit errors for personal gain, or those who play legit?

Personally, i'm for a rollback. 15 hours is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and inflation on this scale would cripple the economic system for months

The whole glitch is probably just a ploy by PW to milk us poor saps, making us blow our cash load on gold, increasing their profits dramatically. They had to have had record breaking gold sales due to the glitch, and will continue to prosper (in the case where there is no rollback) as legit players try to compensate by purchasing more gold... since grinding becomes worthless due to coin inflation.

HA but, not only does it mess up PW and make suffer the players who continue playing, but think of the number of players who will switch over to ether saga? Sure some will leave for other MMOs all together, but the company will see some loyal PW players jump ship and start spending cash in their new game... blah

Roll over = Good for players... Bad for PW profits... and like they really care about us when they cant see past their own ******* wallet.
  • katiemorgan
    katiemorgan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If it gets rolled back then some players will quit.

If it doesn't get rolled back then some (other) players will quit.

It's a lose-lose situation.

That statement is only partially correct. It's more like a lose-a-little vs. lose-a-lot situation. Yes, maybe a handful of newer players that just recently started will quit if there is a rollback. However, I think it's safe to say that many many more players (including possibly myself) will be foreced to quit if there is no rollback, not out of spite or frustration, but simply because the game will become too difficult to play in a realistic manner due to a messed up economy.
  • godheadslament
    godheadslament Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    streaker wrote: »
    ****** smacks* stfu and gtfo.... I've still got my pathetic 150k, and I don't want a roll back, I want people (including myself) to suffer and learn from the mistake that was made... You wanna buy gold at 600k a pop, go for it, shortly after enough people buy it at that price, the price will raise more, they exploited a glitch... ok... Tell me one time that the real world has had a roll back when people, in this case, break the law, for their own profit, or for any matter. We just have to deal with what happened, and recover. And quite a few of said law breakers get away with it. It happens.

I think you didn't understand the problem. There was nothing wrong with the Auction House but with the new clothing you were able to trade for stuff worth about 3 mil. So people bought clothes for 3 gold, traded and npc'd them for milions, spend some of the coins to buy 3 gold in the AH and bought new clothes... and so on...

They made hundreds of milions by exploiting a bug and if the GMs decide to not to do a rollback they would fail and violate theit own rules.
    Eat This:

Rollback Is The Only Solution>>> Exploiters Sent Their Money To Friend/guidly/other Account>>>this Cant Be Traced.
    quote for truth
  • delectable
    delectable Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you have been playing the game for but a few days then you are lvl 20-30. Upper lvls that take them any where from 3 days - a week to lvl are up for the roll back. So I am sorry, but it is pointless for you to say you will have to start over when i can start a fresh character and have them to lvl 30 in two days. Get over that and look at the bigger picture.
  • Dazels - Lost City
    Dazels - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well either roll back or remove all the exploited money..cuz letting the econemy die is in no1s interest.

Speciaaly for us veno's who spent 40m or 400+ $ to get there pets although after having farm'd HH all day rolleback sounds harsh but neccecary
    Ooo I know lets roll pvp server so i can QQ about pking...

Loving Cyprus the weather is Hot the women are Hot and the beer is cold b:victory
  • vencentine
    vencentine Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think we should end voting today at some time.

if we wait 3 days that would mean no one be playing at all till the vote is over. cause what be the point. go lvling and get items for the 3 days. and then the roll back happens they will be at loss of all that 3 days work that they did.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the 100 mill lockout thing. ppl already do that. and for the 3rd time why would someone buy everything just to hold onto it? no ones gonna buy their stuff if the prices are outrageous. u guys are scared over nuthing. new items are bought from cash shop, found, created, dropped everyday. one person cant keep up with the whole server even with 200 million coins. also ppl already have 100s of millions of coins b4 this. lots of people. so in ur own logic this could be a problem anyway. by legitimate players. but do they do it? no cuz its not that profitable since they cant compete with the whole server. ppl just bought up stuff to try to make a quick buck. its not gonna go on forever

ahah there are very few, if any with 100's of millions of coins
  • ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear
    ShiroiAurion - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    and if they don't roll back, you could say it was like someone logged into your computer and played minesweeper using that pixel glitch and beat ur highscore by an unbeatable number only to find out u can't reset high scores.

thanks for the analogy b:bye

Which perfectly illustrates the importance of this issue =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunaraegis - Heavens Tear
    Lunaraegis - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay I wasn't going to say anything...<---famous last words..LOL

First of all, if this is true and has been confirmed by the GMS, then yes we need a roll back. PERIOD.

It is unfair to us that play by game rules and have to work very hard to get any type of money, to allow how ever many to run around with a large amount on any character. If you made that money legitimately, then by all means it is yours to keep. But exploiting something like this and making large sums makes it even more difficult for us to get anywhere. Face it 400K for charms is a killer at the present time. If it goes up any further, I will not be able to play. I do not and have never had gobs of money. And I refuse to pay outragouse prices simply because some can and do pay it.

As for the 15 hour roll back. Yes I will need to redo some quest and go out and grind again for money, but you know what? I would rather have that then a game ruined by a few chosen and GMS not wanting to anything because of what money was spent in the past 15 hours.

I ask you all this. Would you rather play a far game or a game built off of greed and corruption?

I would rather play a game that is fair and fun for all then one built around a chosen few because they have enough money to control everything. There is a EULA/TOS for a reason. Use it please.
  • Lummis - Lost City
    Lummis - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    why not just roll it all back as if nothing ever happened! whatever we looz we can get back, this way the servers probably wont be down as long and we can start playing again YAY
  • Forbidden - Heavens Tear
    Forbidden - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    roll back = will f*** up the tw map

lol your btching cause Radiance owns half the map...QQ much
  • Deviloni - Heavens Tear
    Deviloni - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    roooooooooll back
  • MichaelBhB - Sanctuary
    MichaelBhB - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All I have to say here is a roll back must be done there is no other way for this problem to be fixed that is more viable then a roll back ><. Any other options leaves to many out in the cold a roll back will be very disruptive to some but overal I can see it as the best option.
    ~Proud Leader Of Legendary~

Mikey eats anything!!!

You are what you dare!!!
This discussion has been closed.