edited February 2009
    Options
    So many people here made his, her account today, like me b:chuckle
    well I mean..posted for the first time xD
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zoe is a doll and quite smart. You don't have to insult her just because you don't agree with her.
    The same can be said with her. If the way she speaks on this forum is the way she speaks to others in a real life situation...
    You wish. Would you rather keep your stuff and have the entire econ ruined forever? Or lose it and make the game playable? There is no thinking about this one. Greedy *****b:angry

I actually put in the *'s myself its not a censor.
    If you having a class discussion, this is not a doll and this is not a smart response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Princella - Sanctuary
    Princella - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:angry Why not just banned those people who start to exploit this thing anyway. It's not fair for the other people who worked hard on their lvl and money. b:angry
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Vote on the poll..Xarfox voted no..greedy GMs..gimme 200m or reroll
  • DemonCitadel - Sanctuary
    DemonCitadel - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    oh come on guys! all this stress the best time ive gotten on minesweeper is 12 seconds -.- its a game.. play it.. have fun, trust me.. its not the end of the world, that wont come till after next maintenace
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Extra xp would be nice, but all I care about is that they do roll back. I'll just be happy they cared enough to fix the game.
    The same can be said with her. If the way she speaks on this forum is the way she speaks to others in a real life situation...

If you having a class discussion, this is not a doll and this is not a smart response.

When you have personally witnessed games die because of greed, its a very smart response. The only thing greedy people understand is nasty language. They need to know they are not wanted in this game, or any other game, and they all need to go die. I will not watch another game fall to greedy punks that don't care how much the **** over the econ as long as they are rich. The econ in REAL LIFE fell due to greed! Just think about it!
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ya greedy pigb:angry
    wtf man?

U DIDNT THINK ABOUT THE FACT THEY COULD HAVE SENT THOSE COINS TO A GUILD/FRIEND/OTHER ACCOUNT ?
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

It's possible she, like many people, are just upset and venting. I'm not going to judge anyone by posts today.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's possible she, like many people, are just upset and venting. I'm not going to judge anyone by posts today.

I hate greed with a vengeance, I've seen games fall, the real world fall, because of it. Greed needs to be bannable in all mmos, and real life if the world is ever going to work properly.
    Main characters
  • Shiory - Sanctuary
    Shiory - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:angry Why not just banned those people who start to exploit this thing anyway. It's not fair for the other people who worked hard on their lvl and money. b:angry

Hi Princella b:bye

Maybe it is not easy to find out who started this.

But I would be happy with 2X bonus exp for 1 or 2 days. Since who grind, wont have so much problem to grind again for double exp.

I wish the best happens. Though I doubt it will be 100% good. Something will lack.
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    From more than 8 years playing MMORPGs I fear I have to disagree here. The people who abuse such exploits are usually fairly well organized and know the risks and how to make it hard/impossible to trace back what they did/where the profit ended up.

Fictional scenario:

A to B: Hey, I just noticed you can sell ITEM_X to NPC for 1M.
    B to A: Cool! Lets make some profit. C, D and E are on too, they can help. Meet me at 123, 456.
    B to C: Hey, can you set up a catshop with some low herbs for 100k each? A and me will buy them soon, you can keep 50% of the coin. We found a glitch!
    B to D: Hey, can you set up a catshop with some low herbs for 100k each? A and me will buy them soon, you can keep 50% of the coin. We found a glitch!
    B to E: Hey, can you set up a catshop with some low herbs for 100k each? A and me will buy them soon, you can keep 50% of the coin. We found a glitch!

<A and B meet the location mentioned>
    B: Ok, I am making a new account as we speak. You too?
    A: Yeah, my new archer A' is auto-pathing here already.
    B: Cool. I will drop 500k to get us started as soon as you get here. C, D, E are setting up catshops in Plume already.
    A: Hehe.

<A and B drop some coin on the ground and pick it up with their new characters A' and B', then go and make some profit using the exploit>
    <A and B spend their coin to buy overpriced items from C, D, E.>
    <A and B spend some more coin to buy useful items at normal prices elsewhere and give them to some more friends, asking them to give payment to their mains later>

[There are some more tricks to cover the traces, but I don't want to give a too detailed instruction on how to abuse bugs]

I don't believe they were that organised though,it was only near the end that it started getting badly out of hand,if they were trading in so many items including herbs etc dropping their coin and all the rest of it i suppose a rollback would be better because i can see how that could take weeks or even longer to correct...

You credit these people with too much intelligence though,i'm pretty sure most if not all npc'ed multiple cs items then went straight out and bought the most expensive items like tt armours mounts etc,which would all be a lot easier to trace.

Guess we'll see,to me it looks like gm's are working on an alternative solution that would keep everyone happy,or they would have flat out announced a roll back by now.
  • akaeatr
    akaeatr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So many people here made his, her account today, like me b:chuckle
    well I mean..posted for the first time xD

Conspiracy Theory:
    All this is a ploy to increase forum activity for rankings in search engines...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When you have personally witnessed games die because of greed, its a very smart response. The only thing greedy people understand is nasty language. They need to know they are not wanted in this game, or any other game, and they all need to go die. I will not watch another game fall to greedy punks that don't care how much the **** over the econ as long as they are rich. The econ in REAL LIFE fell due to greed! Just think about it!
    Your anger is understandable, if the situation causes a mass disturbance in time and gameplay. However I think you should consider your words pls, death is not something to be taken lightly especially with a living being.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Your anger is understandable, if the situation causes a mass disturbance in time and gameplay. However I think you should consider your words pls, death is not something to be taken lightly especially with a living being.

When it comes to people who only care about themselves and how much money they get or items they have and will **** over the entire world just for that? I don't care, they need to do exactly what I said before they ruin this world even more than they have.
    Main characters
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zoe is a doll and quite smart. You don't have to insult her just because you don't agree with her.

Well i don't particularly like being labelled greedy just because i disagree with a rollback and ask for an alternativeO.o
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Exploit? or Not?

aryannamage confirmed an exploit with the cash shop in a message in another thread, message he/she quickly edited to remove that confirmation, go figure why...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Alleta - Lost City
    Alleta - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not sure if it has all be figured out yet but here is my 2 cents worth:
    Some players discovered an exploit, an item they could purchase from the boutique for less than they could sell it for at merchants. They would purchase the item, sell it to a merchant and trade their ill-gotten ingame gold for boutique gold. The exploiter would then repeat the process again and again until they became billionaires. Because of their need to trade great quantities of ingame gold for boutique gold they created an extra demand on the market driving prices higher. Other players saw this sudden inexplicable rise and cashed in, selling their own gold for exorbitant prices to the exploiters.
    Prices are now dropping back to a reasonable level (on . Possibly the exploiters have been caught and punished. It is reasonable to surmise that the gms have been able to monitor to auction gold purchases and discover who has been buying at these high prices. They almost certainly can see who is buying great quantities of the glitched item. The players have probably had their accounts suspended. I would not recommend that anyone try to cash in on the exploit since they too will suffer the same fate. If this is true there will likely be no rollback. The problem will be fixed via account suspensions or other disciplinary measures.
    It surprises me how quickly people jump to silly conclusions. If you haven't graduated high school math don't assume you can be an accountant. The GMs have not created this mess. They likely have been working their balls off to contain it. And when it is fixed will anyone give them credit? Probably not. They will still shout about corruption and rollbacks.

hmmm now gms are advising players to not go near etherblade lake or they will loose access to chars... I wonder if this is related to exploit.

Very good point. And thank you for making some sense in all this. To me this is just a nice way to spend some time since I have so much it right now. And I was very disappointed when I saw an emergency maintenance. I'm glad to finally see a post worth reading that explains what happened.

Have a blessed day.
    Cause I'd Get A Thousand Hugs
    From Ten Thousand Lightning Bugs
    As They Tried To Teach Me How To Dance
    A Foxtrot Above My head
    A Sockhop Beneath My Bed
    A Disco Ball Is Just hanging By A thread
    I'd Like To make Myself Believe That Planet earth Turns Slowly
    It's Hard To Say That I'd Rather Stay Awake When I'm Asleep
    Cause Everything Is Never As It Seems
    When I Fall Asleep
    Leave My Door Open Just A crack
  • Ryanwolf - Heavens Tear
    Ryanwolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i think what we all need is a gm to come tell ur whats is happening. i for one bought 106 gold today and used it all buying charms to sell so what happens to all my charms if they roll back the servers and if they vanish i want my gold back
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I hate greed with a vengeance, I've seen games fall, the real world fall, because of it. Greed needs to be bannable in all mmos, and real life if the world is ever going to work properly.

I'm right there with you Zoe. I have been playing MMO for 11 years since I was 12 and have played just about every major commercial game. I have seen all of their economies fail and then shortly after the game basically dies. Yes people still play, but the growth stops and the death spiral begins. I'd like that to not happen here.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Aryannemage edited her post after Xarfox voted NO for a rollback..

SHE ADMITTED THE CASHSHOP ITEMS WERE A EXPLOIT, Should we let them lie to us like the charm packs?

I dont think so

VOTE YES FOR ROLLBACK

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188322

ONLY 15HOURS NOT TILL LVL 1
  • Mandalee - Heavens Tear
    Mandalee - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have to say I kinda find this all amusing. I just started last night cause of a friend, I play plenty of other MMO's, including WoW, and have been for some time. If something like this happens, where the economy takes a huge hit, it's an automatic rollback... You just got that super cool item from that uber hard boss to beat? Too bad, the worlds greater good is more important then the single solitary person.

Cash in games is allways easy to spread around, and how do you punish those who got the cash, along with those who had it spent on their items without a rollback? The scammer makes millions, and then starts to buy stuff from players, all those players sold items to the exploiters are innocent of any crime, but if there is no rollback and they find someway to delete all the gold, well guess what, they're now out an item and the money because of someone elses crime.

The only way to sort out everything at once imo is a rollback to when the problem started, 15 hours ago, otherwise we're talking days of downtime, going through every transaction, sorting out every little money transfer to make sure each and every single coin of misbegotten money is taken from the economy, wich in turn is going to tear down a lotta players.

So wich is better... 15 hours of your grinding time lost, wich can be made up in another 15 hours.. or the next few days of investigation and digging and tearing up of everything that happened, and if you sold something, did you get exploited gold in exchange for it? are you sure? watch your bank account... heh
  • stormbull
    stormbull Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback.....and everyone gets a number of scarlet fruits appropriate to their level.

Forget x2 exp....just hand out free scarlet fruits

(edit: which add exp and spirit)
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback is the only logical solution, I personally was logged on a majority of the time between server update and shutdown. I chose not to use the exploit personally because it was wrong, and gained approx 1mill exp+. Sac my exp ROLLBACK for the betterment of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Kahrina - Sanctuary
    Kahrina - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Guess we'll see,to me it looks like gm's are working on an alternative solution that would keep everyone happy,or they would have flat out announced a roll back by now.

a solution that would keep everyone happy is a thing that doesnt exist in this matter, from a realistic point of view
    It's not like he's hard to spot. A giant, purple, electric dragon? I mean, C'mon, people!
  • Thanassis - Heavens Tear
    Thanassis - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't believe they were that organised though,it was only near the end that it started getting badly out of hand,if they were trading in so many items including herbs etc dropping their coin and all the rest of it i suppose a rollback would be better because i can see how that could take weeks or even longer to correct...

Well, I do not know how organized they were here today. But I have spoken to people who were involved in such exploits and it's purely amazing how fast they were. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had 10 billions or more stashed aside on some "unrelated" account before most people learned there is an exploit at all.
    You credit these people with too much intelligence though,i'm pretty sure most if not all npc'ed multiple cs items then went straight out and bought the most expensive items like tt armours mounts etc,which would all be a lot easier to trace.

Well, in case they do not rollback, let's hope you are right. Otherwise the mid-term damage to the economy could get really bad (and result into long-term damage to the game).

Yes, we will see. (From my experience, developers don't like announcing rollbacks tho and hold it of until the very last minute if they can.)
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah but if they do a roll back what happens to the zhen people have bought and used within the 15 hours u guys say to roll it back too
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah but if they do a roll back what happens to the zhen people have bought and used within the 15 hours u guys say to roll it back too

I zhenned and quested for 10 of those 15 hours, I wont lose anything only time..Which is what we all lose when we play a game correct? I got time to waste, I don't got over 10 grand in my bank to waste.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    stormbull wrote: »
    Rollback.....and everyone gets a number of scarlet fruits appropriate to their level.

Forget x2 exp....just hand out free scarlet fruits

(edit: which add exp and spirit)

Oh no, one of my friend is in business of trading scarlet fruits. the xmas event destroyed every one was trading mirage stone, free scarlet fruits will destroy scarlet traders. so please do not do that. :)
  • wyrde
    wyrde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty much assuming there'll be a bug fix and a rollback.

While the game may have the logging functions necessary to track the progression of the gold, the game company probably does not have the resources to do so. It takes someone with some darn good query and reporting ability, as well as in-depth knowledge of the game's database and tables.

Fixing the data error then rolling back to wipe out the exploit would simply be more cost effective. If PWE is willing to expend the resources to avoid a rollback, I'll be fairly impressed but also very surprised.

So I'll shed a tear for my green duke rose top, gloves, and skirt I got through pure luck.

-w
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I zhenned and quested for 10 of those 15 hours, I wont lose anything only time..Which is what we all lose when we play a game correct? I got time to waste, I don't got over 10 grand in my bank to waste.

i dont think u get what i mean i bought zhen=gold 106 gold to be spot on and spent it all today on charms to sell that 70 gbp of my hard earned cash if i loose all my charms i want my 106 gold back straight away