Server Roll Back?

Options

Comments

• tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They never said they were going to rollback. Probably just going to fix etherblade lake bug.
  • BENTOBOX - Sanctuary
    BENTOBOX - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This sounds like a bunch of players deciding to mess up the economy and a bunch of followers who went along without even thinking.

Nice work, not!
  • Bloodessence - Heavens Tear
    Bloodessence - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I seriously feel that they should rollback all the items buy from cashshop and refund back to the player.. but dun rollback the dam lvl and exp -_-
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This sounds like a bunch of players deciding to mess up the economy and a bunch of followers who went along without even thinking.

Nice work, not!

hahaha dat happens in real life 2 hahahab:laugh
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I feel sorry for catshops because they were selling boutique **** for the average price and then as soon as people caught on with the gold selling for crazy amounts they sold their gold for like 600k at the start and were able to buy out the catshops.

Same with some spurred raptors and kirins, they were up for about 3.3mil, someone could have sold 6 gold and bought one... Which some did do.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1- if they did do a rollback then there is no reasonable way to separate money/cash shop/cat shop things with lvls and exp people gained or quests people completed. rollback would take the servers back to the last "save" or backup thats stored.. somewhere. that's what a rollback is.

and i really think it is called for. that's the only thing that can fix this and make it fair again. i just woke up, logged on long enough to find out wth was going on and then they shut down for the maint. if they do not rollback then i am going to be very very angry. prices are outrageous now and like others have mentioned people have already bought up all the good stuff. i dont even have 1 mil coin. i was having extreme difficulty gettiing TT70 equips BEFORE this.. and after? impossible. AND i buy gold. just not to sell in AH, i buy it to buy consumables which i use for myself.

im majorly pissed. some stupid undeserving friend of mine made 10mil off of this **** and now i wont be allowed to do the same? but he and everyone else gets to keep their insane profits? preventing anyone else from ever getting caught up? no. just no. roll the servers back.
  • BlackyBetty - Sanctuary
    BlackyBetty - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why must they rollback when I jus lvl to 89!!!!

i feel your pain :(

lets hope for "at least" an exp*5 or something..
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    I feel sorry for catshops because they were selling boutique **** for the average price and then as soon as people caught on with the gold selling for crazy amounts they sold their gold for like 600k at the start and were able to buy out the catshops.

Same with some spurred raptors and kirins, they were up for about 3.3mil, someone could have sold 6 gold and bought one... Which some did do.

I wouldn't worry about the catshop owners.. if they do a proper rollback, they will have everything back as they had it minus whatever they added today
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JadeyRoared - Sanctuary
    JadeyRoared - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Nice work, not!

That is exactly what happens in real life. People buy with out comparing prices or remembering how much they bought it for. The market will work its way out with a little time, and not months like some seem to fear. Most will not buy those prices and will lower the demand for gold, many will buy boutique items and sale for normal prices in cat shops so you can buy there. Once those trying to get the higher prices see they most likely wont they will go to a more reasonable price. Its a player set and generated problem not a bug.

Just be a smart player and dont buy at the inflated price and it will deflate.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That is exactly what happens in real life. People buy with out comparing prices or remembering how much they bought it for. The market will work its way out with a little time, and not months like some seem to fear. Most will not buy those prices and will lower the demand for gold, many will buy boutique items and sale for normal prices in cat shops so you can buy there. Once those trying to get the higher prices see they most likely wont they will go to a more reasonable price. Its a player set and generated problem not a bug.

Just be a smart player and dont buy at the inflated price and it will deflate.

This is the main problem, players will ALWAYS buy. I have personally witnessed it in other mmos. All mmo econs will fail, they games will become unplayable, and everyone will quit until the companies get off of their lazy butts and make greed illegal.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Moytoy - Heavens Tear
    Moytoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    MoyToy in the house !!
    b:victoryb:victory
    New guild coming out on the new PvE server [Dreamwaver] .
    Wanna join ? need more details ? PM me .
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well what happens if there is a roll back. lastnight after maintence my friend bought a bunch of gold for him self from his credit card.(He does not sell in gold in ah gold). And he has boughten stuff for himself like scrolls and angels and that and the new boutique male set. I however bought a mold from my 22 chips and paid the fee and i sold it to him for boutique clothes and items. Now if theres a roll back will i loose everything or will i get my money and my chips back and my clothes i got disappear? and what abought my friends gold will he be gettn that back too. Thats If theres a Roll Back
  • marvinadams
    marvinadams Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    u know how they shoulud solve this reall easy .... dont mess the 1s who payed for zhen and sold for coins was nothing wrong bout that .....

now the 1s who leeched of the mall item ... let gm make up for HIS mistake trace m all gm take away all coins made on that item on each player ...
    only the 1s who abused the system dont make all players pay for it .. because i did not cheat i sold zhen i bought with my money i didnt do nothing with no item ppl bought it there choise buying that price .... only go after the 1s who bought the item over and over ... go trace m take away all there coins ... and we alll happy again ... nooooooooo rollback or how is gm gonna compensate for my timeloss ?? not items stuff he can give that back .. buy my day is gone got nowhere lol kinda lame if he punishes us all
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback will **** me off, i bought the outfit from cash shop this morning and it turned out red. think of how many dyes i would have to use to get it red if i buy it again. b:angry
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    roll back will **** me off 2, i got 4 fb59s today b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi moy toy. b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback will **** me off, i bought the outfit from cash shop this morning and it turned out red. think of how many dyes i would have to use to get it red if i buy it again. b:angry

Greed, you has it. If this was my mmo I would ban you for it. What would be the best choice here? You keep your red color, and most of the players quit the game due to prices? Or you lose it and the econ is fixed?
    Main characters
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well what happens if there is a roll back. lastnight after maintence my friend bought a bunch of gold for him self from his credit card.(He does not sell in gold in ah gold). And he has boughten stuff for himself like scrolls and angels and that and the new boutique male set. I however bought a mold from my 22 chips and paid the fee and i sold it to him for boutique clothes and items. Now if theres a roll back will i loose everything or will i get my money and my chips back and my clothes i got disappear? and what abought my friends gold will he be gettn that back too. Thats If theres a Roll Back

we'll find out, I'm in the same boat. I bought zen, bought clothes, didn't sell a single gold. I'm gpoing to want my zen back too. I trust they will fix it.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moytoy - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    " all come to PW forums when server is off "
    " pwi-forum.perfectworld.com"
  • Moytoy - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Opened chat room : http://www.chatmaker.net/chatap/rooms/RollBack/

all come .!
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Greed, you has it. If this was my mmo I would ban you for it. What would be the best choice here? You keep your red color, and most of the players quit the game due to prices? Or you lose it and the econ is fixed?

If this was your mmo no one would play it you sanctimonious.........
  • Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear
    Deadlysweets - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dont think its the buyers fault but ones who is exploitn the fact they can get more for there money yes i saw some gold for like 105-110k but most were way over price like 150-500k per gold that is nuts.im sure gms have logs of all the ah gold transaction but thats like going over 1000 transactions i personally dont want a role back because i dont wanna loose my two items i got for my mold but if it makes things go back the way they were im all for it.
  • marvinadams
    marvinadams Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nah he is right he not greedy u know how hard it is to get red dye?? just bann the person who bought the mallitem over and over and leeched and then ur done ... lol end of storie then take a way all there coins and unbann ... end of story

no rollback that would be greatly unfair so many hours wasted just bann the 1s who caused the **** and take away all there coins ...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Greed, you has it too.
    In the event the emergency maintenance messed up a handful of pples gears to squat, I doubt any one of us would go down quietly. Anyone has the right to, at the least, complain if they legally payed for it, without abusing the glitch or whatever it was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Roll back 15 hours..enough QQ...Honestly your all being greedy..Or do you wanan buy gold charms for 1m now?++
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hmm well this is a sticky looking situation is it not?
    "Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Greed, you has it too.
    In the event the emergency maintenance messed up a handful of pples gears to squat, I doubt any one of us would go down quietly. Anyone has the right to, at the least, complain if they legally payed for it, without abusing the glitch or whatever it was.

You wish. Would you rather keep your stuff and have the entire econ ruined forever? Or lose it and make the game playable? There is no thinking about this one. Greedy *****b:angry

I actually put in the *'s myself its not a censor.
    Main characters
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes ban those players too. In the criminal justice system mistakes happen, and sometimes the innocent get sent to jail. But do we abolish our system? No we don't, we accept some mistakes will occure but overall it is for the greater good.

Would u still feel that way if you were the innocent person sent to prison? after all, itd be for the greater good right? whats a life sentence. no big deal. But really, to correct u, the criminal justice system is built around letting people go who u cant prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, did anything rather than letting an innocent person go to prison. and i agree with that.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    To me it's simple since the game should have logs. Anyoen who took advantage of selling the CS item for millions AND didn't report it is guilty... in my opinion only. If someone did it accidently and saw the results they would not have done it again, theyw ould have reported the issue and ceased.

Anyone who did it more than once, should be history... again, my opinion.
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    people could use nub account for make money and after pass money at main char...load of people have billion coins if gms dont rollback server 1 day economy on whole game crash down.