Server Roll Back?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• hpmorg
    hpmorg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if theay are runing the serbvers 1/2 as good as the school i worked at b4 all theay need to do us restor it from there backup tape or nas then manualy give every one zen who purchsed it then done
  • EeKuhBhu - Heavens Tear
    EeKuhBhu - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its snowy/rainy here, They are doing alot of work true.. No updates on whats happening and if there will be a roll back..I see GMs posting on forums with pointless spam.. Mhmm hard workers!

why would they give you partial updates? and there is no point in rolling back if they having fixed Etherblade lake and "other difficulties"

And with the GM's most of them aren't the code workers they are just around to fix in-game problems and report things.

Well snowy/rainy doesn't mean there isn't any traffic to play in
    edited February 2009
    Options
    world restore to before maintenance, take out this weeks patch till its properly fixed,make updated take out new files and...voila, UO admining ftw

and getting a tan with no sun and currently no moon, thanks for advice!

Good idea on the removing the patch until they can fix it.. Too bad they are already at work on the problemb:surrender
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hi Eeky :D

whatever it takes to fix it is fine with me :D
    banner01.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey Barber ^^

Wanna go play in traffic with me while we wait?

Oh and for everyone wondering... The GMs don't touch the code at all So go blame someone else, it isn't their fault
    shnuggles wrote: »
    It is funny how glitches can be confused with the "GM's" messing with the code. (seeing as we do not mess with the code, period)
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Was this gold **** issue only on Sanctuary or did prices go crazy on Lost city + Heavens Tear to?

Cuz i sure didn't notice anything with the gold prices when i logged of before emergency maint.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wanna ask what happened on Sanc.

I know it was about etherblade lake and coins?
    Back.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Err. 10-Char
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The gold trading spiked on Heavens Tear as well due to the "exploit", I am not sure about Lost City though.

With Etherblade Lake, there was a glitch where people would get stuck and their client would crash. From there they would not be able to log into that character anymore
  • Alleta - Lost City
    Alleta - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah.. it helps those QQing about their magical 15 hours of grindtime they would lose if they the system was rolled back...

And its Oregon time too (>^_^<)

Its amazing how sensible West coast Americans are.

Thank you I think lol

btw everyone... http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/emergency-server-maintenance---updated-1521

In response to when it will be up.
    Cause I'd Get A Thousand Hugs
    From Ten Thousand Lightning Bugs
    As They Tried To Teach Me How To Dance
    A Foxtrot Above My head
    A Sockhop Beneath My Bed
    A Disco Ball Is Just hanging By A thread
    I'd Like To make Myself Believe That Planet earth Turns Slowly
    It's Hard To Say That I'd Rather Stay Awake When I'm Asleep
    Cause Everything Is Never As It Seems
    When I Fall Asleep
    Leave My Door Open Just A crack
  • whysoserious
    whysoserious Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just Rollback the servers. Yeah some people will be upset sure, but in the long run the game is toast if they dont. Ill be pissed off to high heaven if they dont roll it back. There are too many complications involved without doing so, as in people getting things sold that they shouldnt, gold sales, pelnty of people getting free ****, money transfers to everyone that profited, etc, and so on. Roll Back the Server GM'S. Be rational.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    7 Hours till servers are up and still don't tell us if they rolling back..I mean look at all the posts and votes.. PEOPLE WANT A ROLL BACK..
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just Rollback the servers. Yeah some people will be upset sure, but in the long run the game is toast if they dont. Ill be pissed off to high heaven if they dont roll it back. There are too many complications involved without doing so, as in people getting things sold that they shouldnt, gold sales, pelnty of people getting free ****, money transfers to everyone that profited, etc, and so on. Roll Back the Server GM'S. Be rational.

Rolling back the servers doesn't fix anything... unless they fix the glitch then roll the server back, otherwise this will just happen all over again.

And again.. (can't people read?) the GMs don't do anything,, they don't work with the code and they don't have the choice on whether to roll the server back. GMs are pretty much players with superpowers while in-game.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rolling back the servers doesn't fix anything... unless they fix the glitch then roll the server back, otherwise this will just happen all over again.

And again.. (can't people read?) the GMs don't do anything,, they don't work with the code and they don't have the choice on whether to roll the server back. GMs are pretty much players with superpowers while in-game.

I guess they get paid to do nothing is what your saying? Rofl.

They know how to code and stuff obviously, They just have to take it up with the original developers..
    edited February 2009
    Options
    7 Hours till servers are up and still don't tell us if they rolling back..I mean look at all the posts and votes.. PEOPLE WANT A ROLL BACK..

From what I have heard from other players who played on the MY server is that they don't announce roll-backs till the last minute. If you haven't notice they are being very vague about the situation, so I wouldn't be surprised if they added a monkey you can tame as a pet while they are fixing this.
  • RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary
    RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Just because the people who are regular forum users want a roll back, does not at all mean the majority of PWI wants it. You don't know what kind of work the company itself has to go through. And no, im not saying I know, but im pretty sure its going to be a huge fricking lot of work. If your that desperate to play PW, go do something else, play another game, theres SO much more you can do, then keep complaining about roll backs being wanted and everything else.
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

My reading on the announcement is there is no rollback.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I guess they get paid to do nothing is what your saying? Rofl.

They know how to code and stuff obviously, They just have to take it up with the original developers..

They may know HOW to code, it doesn't mean they GET to. ask any GM.. they don't touch the code. And they are paid to play basically and save your **** from any minor in-game glitch and report glitches to the code workers.. Basically they are the eyes and ears of PWE
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just because the people who are regular forum users want a roll back, does not at all mean the majority of PWI wants it. You don't know what kind of work the company itself has to go through. And no, im not saying I know, but im pretty sure its going to be a huge fricking lot of work. If your that desperate to play PW, go do something else, play another game, theres SO much more you can do, then keep complaining about roll backs being wanted and everything else.

I suggested that he/she go play in traffic.... Maybe some PW anonymous for his/her addiction?
  • LadyNora - Sanctuary
    LadyNora - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rolling back the servers doesn't fix anything... unless they fix the glitch then roll the server back, otherwise this will just happen all over again.QUOTE]

if they fix the glitches first, then roll back servers, glitches will be there still because there were there to begin with. what needs to be done is to roll servers back first, then fix glitches.
  • RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary
    RAlSTLlN - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rolling back the servers doesn't fix anything... unless they fix the glitch then roll the server back, otherwise this will just happen all over again.QUOTE]

if they fix the glitches first, then roll back servers, glitches will be there still because there were there to begin with. what needs to be done is to roll servers back first, then fix glitches.

That all depends on whether the rollback point is set before or after the patch. If they roll it back to before the patch, fix the glitchs, then repatch them in then the problem would be solved, at least thats what i think, and what i think EeKuhBhu is saying,
  • Alleta - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Due to the length of the maintenance I'm sure they are completely fixing everything. These things aren't so easy. Remember you guys they usually have a week to work on a patch for Thursdays. This patch is broke therefore they have to make a new as quickly as possible w/o having another broken patch. I think sacrificing a few hours rather then it being down for a whole week is worth it... Don't you agree?
    A Foxtrot Above My head
    A Sockhop Beneath My Bed
    When I Fall Asleep
  • cranly
    cranly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You guys have no idea what's going on, half of you are borderline mental Even if People are locked in doing code repair on friday the 13th. (Add to that tomorrow is valentines day.)
    Trust me, after 15 years watching these things play out, tomorrow you'll be fine. Take a rest, and enjoy something else.
    It's a good time to show that special someone how important they are, when the servers down..
  • Alleta - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    cranly wrote: »
    you Guys Have No Idea What's Going On, Half Of You Are Borderline Mental Even If People Are Locked In Doing Code Repair On Friday The 13th. (add To That Tomorrow Is Valentines Day.)
    Trust Me, After 15 Years Watching These Things Play Out, Tomorrow You'll Be Fine. Take A Rest, And Enjoy Something Else.
    It's A Good Time To Show That Special Someone How Important They Are, When The Servers Down..

Qft!...........
    A Foxtrot Above My head
    A Sockhop Beneath My Bed
    When I Fall Asleep
  • fireempress
    fireempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    they probably are also making absolutely sure there arent any of the major glitches like etherblade lake this time, since last time their proofing apparently missed a lake sized hole
  • kentspet
    kentspet Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if they do the roll back i will b like lvl 2 seeings as how i started shortly before maint last week lol. i will cry grind and get back to 38 when the servers come back up. just hope that is soon and isnt going to blow my whole weekend.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say dont shoot.
    im a nonconformist.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can only purchase 100 gold per 24 hrs Kty

Actually, one can purchase 106 gold per payment method per 24 hours.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.