Server Roll Back?

Options

Comments

• potbelly
    potbelly Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I absolutely agree with no rollback.

At 10:36pac on heavens tear, gold was buy 108 sell 110.

So that means our market was only screwed by a few people. Those people need to get banned and leave the rest of the unguilty parties untouched.
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A rollback would be best, unless they can track which players exploited the gold system. Cause if there's no rollback, there's just tons of players who got magically rich now, unfair to other players. If you lose all your time grinding and stuff, then would you rather lose that, or have people have an unfair advantage with money?

they should be able to track the people that exploited i mean the game keeps track of transactions i believe.b:laugh
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saphire12
    saphire12 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well i think, it would be the only way to fix that
    A rollback, but I think we should get an exp event to atleast help us out on what we are going to lose in exp.. think thats fair for people who have been grinding for a while.
  • fireempress
    fireempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if we do get a rollback could we at least get compensatory xp and money? i mean im lvl 40 and i am leveling fairly quickly and it would be frustrating if today i spend my time trying to level and it gets rolled back, if we do roll back because of some people the rest of us should get some form of compensation

rather than rolling back both could they just roll back money and item transactions between players?
    i want to at least get something for what i do today

people who did exploit should burn :angry:
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    saphire12 wrote: »
    Well i think, it would be the only way to fix that
    A rollback, but I think we should get an exp event to atleast help us out on what we are going to lose in exp.. think thats fair for people who have been grinding for a while.

well the easiest way for GMs to fix is to do a rollback, but i agree with helping us out on exp b:victory
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wow, so my 18% exp that i got today will go just like that? >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not sure if it has all be figured out yet but here is my 2 cents worth:
    Some players discovered an exploit, an item they could purchase from the boutique for less than they could sell it for at merchants. They would purchase the item, sell it to a merchant and trade their ill-gotten ingame gold for boutique gold. The exploiter would then repeat the process again and again until they became billionaires. Because of their need to trade great quantities of ingame gold for boutique gold they created an extra demand on the market driving prices higher. Other players saw this sudden inexplicable rise and cashed in, selling their own gold for exorbitant prices to the exploiters.
    Prices are now dropping back to a reasonable level (on . Possibly the exploiters have been caught and punished. It is reasonable to surmise that the gms have been able to monitor to auction gold purchases and discover who has been buying at these high prices. They almost certainly can see who is buying great quantities of the glitched item. The players have probably had their accounts suspended. I would not recommend that anyone try to cash in on the exploit since they too will suffer the same fate. If this is true there will likely be no rollback. The problem will be fixed via account suspensions or other disciplinary measures.
    It surprises me how quickly people jump to silly conclusions. If you haven't graduated high school math don't assume you can be an accountant. The GMs have not created this mess. They likely have been working their balls off to contain it. And when it is fixed will anyone give them credit? Probably not. They will still shout about corruption and rollbacks.

hmmm now gms are advising players to not go near etherblade lake or they will loose access to chars... I wonder if this is related to exploit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gackuta - Sanctuary
    Gackuta - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Stop servers and Rollback
    Ufff would be best>.<

b:surrender
  • ninzi
    ninzi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so how about the people who bought gold like 30 minutes ago and get rolled back? will their real life $ get transferred<---- |(not sure about this spelling sry)| back to them?
  • Dauthus - Sanctuary
    Dauthus - Sanctuary Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GMs are saying in-game that this is NOT a bug, and that the price was set by players, not due to a glitch or exploit. They are still investigating the other issues...

Life is gonna suck pretty soon for those without gold...

>.<
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Roll it back upto when servers opened after maintence, apparently there was a bunch of bugs when it opened.. And Now I've halted on leveling/grinding on my main character(s) cuz of this..So roll it back the end.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For the ones that didn't see it:

screenpr0.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • PandaEmperor - Sanctuary
    PandaEmperor - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A GM has just been informed they are working on it. Please give them sometime to find out exactly what is wrong and a way to fix it.

Yaay keep us updated pl0x oh i hope this will be fixed soon b:pleasedb:victory
  • stormbull
    stormbull Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If the Auction House price of gold is 600k per piece then that is its cost. People selling for this amount are just doing good business. Only when AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT that this is a bug is made, can the business people be accused of exploiting a bug. Only people doing business after such a statement is made should be reprimanded.

Incidentally I did not get involved with making vast sums of money.
  • darqwhisper
    darqwhisper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    oks I charged my zen today and bought a few things to perk my day up. if there is a roll back do I get a refund to my cash ?.

This is why I think a roll back is not the best option as that is alot of work. oks if there was no real money element in the game but there is. what will have to happen is they will trace who bought what when and where. it is the same if stuff get removed from a **** on a characters account. they check to see who got what traded when and where. Well thats what they did in Star Wars galaxies.

If there is a roll back I would like to know what is going to happen to the zen I bought today.b:shocked
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For the ones that didn't see it:

screenpr0.jpg

"THE GOLD TRADE IS FINE."

yeah right... b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • stormbull
    stormbull Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    THE GOLD TRADE IS FINE...........
    .............is a very odd official stance. One gets rather suspicious. In the short term PWI is making large sums of money out of this .
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    gold trade is fine, this is just normal economics, just that some boutique items are not
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The trading system is functioning correctly.

The issue is that an exploit exists in which gold can be used to buy zillions of coins from npc's. This is destroying the economy. A rollback is the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rocky - Heavens Tear
    Rocky - Heavens Tear Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The Whole Pw Community Wants Roll Back So Do It Gms And Stop Wasting Our Time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A rollback would be best, unless they can track which players exploited the gold system. Cause if there's no rollback, there's just tons of players who got magically rich now, unfair to other players. If you lose all your time grinding and stuff, then would you rather lose that, or have people have an unfair advantage with money?

I agree with you, a rollback is the only acceptable solution to me. even they can track (they actually do) who exploited the "bug", can they spend all of their time to trace out who end up get the money? No player will use their main character to abuse the bug, so ban the character who is actually exploited the bug is not enough, unless PWI can spend time to trace all the trade that player has, all the players account who grouped with the player (drop money, then pick, money split between group members), player's mail, what player dropped on the floor (drop money, another character pick them up). I personally do not think they have the resource to all that.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    "THE GOLD TRADE IS FINE."

yeah right... b:angryb:angryb:angry

Well tell me how some guy just made 200m+ In a matter of minutes, Cuz if its not a glitch I want in on it. I could use a free 200m
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If nothing is done, then what is the point of having GM's that never do anything.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They making money off the gold transactions so people can exploit it all they want aslong as GMs make money
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    finally... the servers are shutting down. ROLLBACK b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Which one is it then? They said there was nothing wrong, which is clearly bs. Prices don't go up 10 times overnight if there's nothing wrong. I heard it was random pigments, but they sell for 20k at NPC so it isn't that one either because its 2g for a 10 pack.

In any case, thanks for the ride pwi, was fun up to this point.b:bye
    b:dirty
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think the "Gold trade is fine", meant that the AH isn't bugged, as reported here:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1580192&postcount=111 And that it's what you do with the gold bought, that's the cause of instant multi-millionaires.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It is indeed a good opportunity to sell gold that I kept for resell. At 600k each I made roughly made 2,4 millions in pure profit (counting the price I bought them and transaction cost).
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Bloodessence - Heavens Tear
    Bloodessence - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why must they rollback when I jus lvl to 89!!!!
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Which one is it then? They said there was nothing wrong, which is clearly bs. Prices don't go up 10 times overnight if there's nothing wrong. I heard it was random pigments, but they sell for 20k at NPC so it isn't that one either because its 2g for a 10 pack.

In any case, thanks for the ride pwi, was fun up to this point.b:bye

There is a money issue but smart business people would not announce it until after they shut everything down. You don't leave your house and put up a neon sign saying you're gone and the door is open. They also probably wanted to monitor who was exploiting it.

I'll just be glad it's fixed.

The difficult part will be getting back the Zen I bought today after the patch to buy the new clothes.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]