Server Roll Back?

Options

Comments

• Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah i know, a rollback would be a pain for the people that leveled alot today, or for those people who got a nice drop lately.. thats why i think they shud compensate it with like a double exp weekend.. everybody would be happy?

and yes, raven is right.. only solution is rollback.. cuz they could either like he said transfer it to their alt, other account or a friends account.
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You wish. Would you rather keep your stuff and have the entire econ ruined forever? Or lose it and make the game playable? There is no thinking about this one. Greedy *****b:angry

I actually put in the *'s myself its not a censor.

Damn you're so full of it aren't you,you assume everyone thats against rollback is greedy and will cause the downfall of this and every other mmo in existence,well heres something for you lil miss doom and gloom.

People could lose close to 15 hours of grinding,marketing w/e

It IS within the realms of possibility for the gms to fix the gold situation without rolling back and destroying every players work in the process.

It would take more work on their part and a longer server downtime than just a simple rollback would create.

BUT it would save so many people a lot of hassel,and i would rather wait longer for the server to go back up and have this mess corrected without having everything i've gained be destroyed...
  • Deviloni - Heavens Tear
    Deviloni - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    stop ****ing crying you babies about a rollback.
    if they do rollback to 11pm lastnight (PST shutdown) all they need to do is add a increase of exp for 1 day to make ppl happy and forget it happened.
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rollback to solve the solution, double exp weekend to make it fair for those who spend like alot of time on leveling today.

good idea no?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ill second this..15 hour rollback (upto when servers opened after maintence) then add in a double xp weekend.. Everyone will be happy UNLESS YOU EXPLOITED
  • Deviloni - Heavens Tear
    Deviloni - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    would be nice for me, since i started playing yesterday.
    and after hearing the 'gold' **** from the 100 to 500+, it'd suck badly for me. lol
  • Angelicarc - Heavens Tear
    Angelicarc - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    not everyone has the time to spend all day on the weekends, roll back will make quests undone and the reward of the roll back is too little.
  • Shiory - Sanctuary
    Shiory - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if they do rollback to 11pm lastnight (PST shutdown) all they need to do is add a increase of exp for 1 day to make ppl happy and forget it happened.

True. 2 days would good though. Not everyone who played today, can play tomorrow b:bye
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    Shota - Heavens Tear Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Extra xp would be nice, but all I care about is that they do roll back. I'll just be happy they cared enough to fix the game.
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah >.> i cant play tomorrow at all i was sposed to lvl today but my plans are ruined
  • DemonCitadel - Sanctuary
    DemonCitadel - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol well see thats why SOME people sat on their booties and did nothing upon learning things we're goin whacky.. that.. and i got stuck in the lake for about 2 hours before MomoPai towed me out.. whacky things means others may become undone, im sure alot of you have comeinto a similar conflict like this before and should of seen it coming.. thats what minesweeper is for.. till things get resolved
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    and the ramifications of NOT having a rollback are... way too big. it could have AT MOST taken people 15 hours to do whatever quests or lvling they did. therefore it will only take at most 15 hours to regain it. not the same for the money issue. thats something that will take those who didnt exploit months or hundreds of real life $s to make up for.
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeh I agree. rolling back and implementing a double xp weekend wont make quests rewards better..

Just b/c ppl don't want a roll back doesn't mean that they exploited the inflation/bugged item(s)
  • marvinadams
    marvinadams Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You wish. Would you rather keep your stuff and have the entire econ ruined forever? Or lose it and make the game playable? There is no thinking about this one. Greedy *****b:angry

I actually put in the *'s myself its not a censor.

why u all nag bout rewind time on server i will keep on saying just bann the 1s who did it ... and show them for a day or 3 lol because if not next bug same thing will happen again ey if u just get set back like if they do now ... then ey why not next time we try again i mean setback will **** ppl off too i think truelly only the 1s who depend on gold in auction ar **** now atm but u really think this would stay like this for ever? jeez u all complain so much damn setback bla bla cool set it back but i want keep my xp i grinded on for 6 hours i wanna keep the equip i manufactured what took me a few hours ... so easy ey for u peeps to say just set back i wasnt on all day dont effect me bla bla u the selfish 1s cryng bout some coins .... let gm just bann take away coins of those who leeched of the mallitem he can trase mallitems easy im sure .... now why must a whole server get set back and like 1/5 of the ppl did it now all must pay for it??? nahhh how u gonna compensate me?? i wont put up with that gm made a mistake in patch i think or idk but im not the 1 who is needed to lose a day of training for his mistake ... lol i didnt do nothing still u all say set allll back lol no dont set back bann those peeps take coins back and then unbann again ... then gm has done it fair and made up for all in my eyes nobody lost nothing then ...
    setback is not fair and no im not greedy im just standing up for myself and what i been doing for hours .... kinda lame would be disrespectfull and change my vieuw of the game
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I for one have my PW folder open at the uninstall option. Rollback and bans. Only option.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i know.. but say they roll back to the latest update.. like 12 hours ago or w/e how much hours it was.. then a fixed amount of people lose alot of exp.. and maybe some nice items they have gotten.. but imagine a double exp weekend; they could easily get those levels back quick.. and i think most people prefer levels over money..no?

EDIT: its just impossible not to rollback--> people could have transfered percentages of their exploited money to another account/char/friends account <--- cant be traced --> rollback only solution
  • Princella - Sanctuary
    Princella - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Those people who tried to start the Price gone up should get banned. They are trying to plague the market.. and for the rollback its probably good but please not include the XP and Levels. b:sadb:surrender
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You spent hours doing those quests..Im so sorry to hear, I truly am..So you rather have people emptying AH of the rare molds and having over 200m+ Cuz you QQ about hours spent on a game..Ok no problem, we got soem smart ones here.
  • Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
    Kurosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It IS within the realms of possibility for the gms to fix the gold situation without rolling back and destroying every players work in the process.

I agree with you in principle. But it is not necessarily in the realm of possibility for them to fix things without a rollback. It depends on how their servers log user activities--what information is tracked and if it is practical to extract certain activities and roll them back selectively. It might be that it's theoretically possible but would take weeks of downtime.

I agree with you though--rollback should be a last resort. Forget about your grinding time--imagine the poor sap who just got a Tauran Chieftan mold drop this morning!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Those people who tried to start the Price gone up should get banned. They are trying to plague the market.. and for the rollback its probably good but please not include the XP and Levels. b:sadb:surrender

no ur wrong u know why the price went up??? because ppl found out bout mallgold item that u could npc for lotssssss so they bought all gold in auction to keep on doing it .... the 1s SELLING they payedddddddd for it with reall money lol ..... they did nothing wrong not 1 bit ppl wanted to buy for that price there choise sellers did nothing wrong

the 1s who bought the maillitem over and over thank them for letting the price go up so much ...
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • imnotachick
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I for one have my PW folder open at the uninstall option. Rollback and bans. Only option.

Thats your counter argument?Rollback and bans only option or i uninstall?

I've met brick walls with more intelligence.
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol... There going to do a rollback, it's the best time efficient solution. Unfortunately this does not make everyone happy. I'm sure if they value there customers they will compensate with something for the weekend.[/SIZE][/SIZE]b:chuckle
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options

Zoe, if you leave I'm gonna cry.. I don't want your stuff, just don't delete.. come back and say hi to us sometimes :-(
    "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moytoy - Heavens Tear
    Moytoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    New guild coming out on the new PvE server [Dreamwaver] .
    Wanna join ? need more details ? PM me .
  • Lotus - Lost City
    Lotus - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    not everyone has the time to spend all day on the weekends, roll back will make quests undone and the reward of the roll back is too little.

But weekends ARE when majority have the time to play. If the glitch was bad enough maybe a week would be more appropriate, but they can't make everyone happy so if they had to chose only a couple days it would have to be a weekend with an apology that not everyone will get their time back. It's open beta guys. This is a testing phase for the game still. Time and items will be lost due to glitches, but in the end its just a game. Just remember the GMs are doing what they can, their not the programmers after all.
  • Shota - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats your counter argument?Rollback and bans only option or i uninstall?

I've met brick walls with more intelligence.

Zoe is a doll and quite smart. You don't have to insult her just because you don't agree with her.
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Roll-back Nays
    1) On one hand we have people concerned about losing a few hours time. Well that can be made up, inconvenient yes, but it its still less then one day's time lost.
    2) We have people who got lucky today and want to cling to that luck desperately, which is understandable but by no means a justifiable reason not to do the right thing here. Its still not impossible to get that *thing you got* again after a roll-back. Its not greedy to want to keep your gains but really its a drop in the ocean compared to the larger situation.
    3) We have people concerned about losing real world money spent on gold . . well you have only to look at your transaction history to know that the time and date of those is logged. So after a clean roll-back, its a simple matter to see who bought zhen after the time the server was roll-back to, and compensate accordingly.

Roll-back Yays
    1) We avoid becoming another useless MY-en. . . imho this is the biggest advantage. This game has a lot of competition out there, and even among different version of it (PWML, PWMY-en, etc). Frankly I love PWI for the community it has and the GMs that look over it. If we don't take serious action when something like this happens then we lose ground to greedy cheaters, and get one step closer to what I left behind in other PW servers.
    2) All in all half a day's time is not that much to lose for the sake of clearing this up nice and cleanly. Exp can be regained, items won again, and bosses re-slain . . but you can't removed the coins that have been looted from npc's via glitch and distributed into the system. We can recover our losses in, low and behold, in only half a days time, but excess coins hitting the server are not so simple.
    3) Even if this was an elaborately executed prank (like an engineered market crash, which it could be) its still misusing the systems for something other then their intended purpose, i.e. an exploit, so we should deal with it maturely. Roll it back so those hurt from it (the server wide economy) recover, and use the logs to punish those who deserve it in time.
    "Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
  • Thanassis - Heavens Tear
    Thanassis - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

From more than 8 years playing MMORPGs I fear I have to disagree here. The people who abuse such exploits are usually fairly well organized and know the risks and how to make it hard/impossible to trace back what they did/where the profit ended up.

Fictional scenario:

A to B: Hey, I just noticed you can sell ITEM_X to NPC for 1M.
    B to A: Cool! Lets make some profit. C, D and E are on too, they can help. Meet me at 123, 456.
    B to C: Hey, can you set up a catshop with some low herbs for 100k each? A and me will buy them soon, you can keep 50% of the coin. We found a glitch!
    B to D: Hey, can you set up a catshop with some low herbs for 100k each? A and me will buy them soon, you can keep 50% of the coin. We found a glitch!
    B to E: Hey, can you set up a catshop with some low herbs for 100k each? A and me will buy them soon, you can keep 50% of the coin. We found a glitch!

<A and B meet the location mentioned>
    B: Ok, I am making a new account as we speak. You too?
    A: Yeah, my new archer A' is auto-pathing here already.
    B: Cool. I will drop 500k to get us started as soon as you get here. C, D, E are setting up catshops in Plume already.
    A: Hehe.

<A and B drop some coin on the ground and pick it up with their new characters A' and B', then go and make some profit using the exploit>
    <A and B spend their coin to buy overpriced items from C, D, E.>
    <A and B spend some more coin to buy useful items at normal prices elsewhere and give them to some more friends, asking them to give payment to their mains later>

[There are some more tricks to cover the traces, but I don't want to give a too detailed instruction on how to abuse bugs]
  • imnotachick
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I agree with you in principle. But it is not necessarily in the realm of possibility for them to fix things without a rollback. It depends on how their servers log user activities--what information is tracked and if it is practical to extract certain activities and roll them back selectively. It might be that it's theoretically possible but would take weeks of downtime.

I agree with you though--rollback should be a last resort. Forget about your grinding time--imagine the poor sap who just got a Tauran Chieftan mold drop this morning!!

I shed a tear for you b:sad
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

imagine the rest of the server that all that capes dissapeared from the market because of this situation