Server Roll Back?

Options
Zertryx - Sanctuary
Zertryx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I don't know Exactly what is happening, I know 2 things though.

1 - The Ether Blade Glitch Is Happening on all the servers
2 - Sanctuary Gold Prices and Market have sky rocketed.

As far as the gold / market Some are rumoring its an Exploit that was discovered to be able to make a ton of in game cash. allow everyone to buy everything out so easy. Weather this is true or not, beats me I just woke up to see this XD.

How ever the ether blade glitch could seem to be a problem to very many players. and this error needs to be corrected immediately.

If the Gold/Cash Exploit is real, then it also needs to be fixed.

MANY people are asking for A RollBack I say if anyone else agrees to this they should also post here as well, and any new info would be appreciated cuz i wanna know whats going on.

Exploit? or Not?
Post edited by Zertryx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well the money issue is on HT server as well I just checked the AH. This is clearly a bug and anyone using it should be permabanned even if it means banning 90% of the players at least the remaining 10% are honest players.

Rollback yes.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A GM has just been informed they are working on it. Please give them sometime to find out exactly what is wrong and a way to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thank you, please keep us updated =]
    b:dirty
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All you need to do to test the virtue of humanity is give it a shortcut along it's upward climb. Anyone surprised people are exploiting to get gold? It will destroy the games currency permanently, unless the server is rolledback. It will make it so new players will never be able to do anything, and existing players who did not exploit won't be able to buy anything either.

But do those exploiting care? Of course not. It's free money..for them. Now they can afford the items they never could before! So the game will be permanently destroyed, at least they will have fun dancing a jig while the ship burns.

That's people for you. Petty, bitter, corruptable. Rollback the servers is the only option to fix this. Or make the extra money disapear somehow. And yes ban anyone who did it. And yes everything you do leaves a virtual transaction. They can find out, they will, and you will get banned. Ideally anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its not as cut and dry as just banning everyone involved,what about the player who had no previous knowledge of a glitch,went to ah to sell a few gold,saw people buying for say 300k each so sold his for 300k?

Yeah ban those players,gg.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its not as cut and dry as just banning everyone involved,what about the player who had no previous knowledge of a glitch,went to ah to sell a few gold,saw people buying for say 300k each so sold his for 300k?

Yeah ban those players,gg.

Yes ban those players too. In the criminal justice system mistakes happen, and sometimes the innocent get sent to jail. But do we abolish our system? No we don't, we accept some mistakes will occure but overall it is for the greater good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes ban those players too. In the criminal justice system mistakes happen, and sometimes the innocent get sent to jail. But do we abolish our system? No we don't, we accept some mistakes will occure but overall it is for the greater good.

The innocent through that same criminal justice system can get justice,you hear of miscarriages of justice all the time,but there would be no appeal for any of those players here after perma ban,so don't compare the two.

Before any banning the gms should look through all transactions and use their best judgement of whats happened in each individual case before waving their ban sticks.
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The GM's are currently going through the gamelogs to find out what exactly happened please be patient for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kloudy
    kloudy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey guys im sure im not the only one wondering about this one...
    Like most i would like to know if its going to happen and it should happen soon.
    I dont want to waste anymore time if it is :/ happy early Valentines day ^^
  • IceTank - Heavens Tear
    IceTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just beat the cube and won 1 million... sitting on hands to not finish my WQ and Crazy with fear of roll back. Couldn't they just ban the people who used the exploits? i don't want to be punished. The main thing is for GM's to take decisive action immediately to resolve this.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just beat the cube and won 1 million... sitting on hands to not finish my WQ and Crazy with fear of roll back. Couldn't they just ban the people who used the exploits... i don't want to be punished.

not that this is in any way related but...I just have to say I haven't ever seen a lion barb of that level post on the forums before, an thus have never seen the forum avatar...
    I'm not a real fan of the lion's appearance, but I really like that avv.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The GM's are currently going through the gamelogs to find out what exactly happened please be patient for now.

will you be able to tell us if their is a rollback so we dnt waste our money and time tyb:victory and GMs work hard its just that they hav alot of debuggin to do and of course dey end up bein side tracked by hackers and of course those peple who cnt be patientb:chuckle
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Banning? What for?! I sold my gold for the lowest price I saw at the auctioneer and I didn t know it was bugged... Yes I WAS surprised when I saw it at 400K lowest, BUT I didn t know at that time it was bugged -_-;

PS. I didn t sell any gold after that, since I saw pple saying it s a bug afterwards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just beat the cube and won 1 million... sitting on hands to not finish my WQ and Crazy with fear of roll back. Couldn't they just ban the people who used the exploits? i don't want to be punished. The main thing is for GM's to take decisive action immediately to resolve this.

Agreed. Every hour it is delayed will only mean an additional hour of gameplay rolled back (if it happens) for everyone.
    Make a decision, shut down servers while you investigate/fix this or just make an announcement so we know we wont be wasting our time.
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For the moment they are trying to find out exactly what is happening and how. Whether or not there will be a rollback I do not know. Just be patient for now I'm sure they will announce what exactly is going to happen as soon as they have answers to their own questions. (How, where, why, when, etc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They should shut down the servers and rollback once they can fix the problem... IMO
  • Templia - Sanctuary
    Templia - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think it is very unlikely we will have a rolback for all characters. Besides the fact it is not very nice for all players who were working hard today, it is also a lot of work for the GM's.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Those who do not have to take responsibility for a decision dish out black and white answers... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think it is very unlikely we will have a rolback for all characters. Besides the fact it is not very nice for all players who were working hard today, it is also a lot of work for the GM's.

IF a rollback happens it would most likely be server wide. correct me if im wrong though
  • Zertryx - Sanctuary
    Zertryx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If this is an unknown issue probally be a good idea to halt the game for a while till its solved, longer this goes on the more issues for everyone.

And as far as this gold thing (allot of players are already saying there gonna leave pwi because of it Even players who spend real cash allot for this game have said it XD)
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If this is an unknown issue probally be a good idea to halt the game for a while till its solved, longer this goes on the more issues for everyone.

And as far as this gold thing (allot of players are already saying there gonna leave pwi because of it Even players who spend real cash allot for this game have said it XD)

Im talking aobut this, 1000% agree!!!
    (nobody will die for some mins w/o play, and this would for a good reason b:thanks)
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Either way, they should do a rollback, if they wont--> alot of people including me will quit. they probably will do a rollback and i hope the exploiters will get banned btw. oh and if there's gonna be a rollback, a double exp friday the 13th would be just fine enough, since i spent 5 hours on leveling today, and im not gonna just lose that cuz of other people being immature.b:shocked
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A rollback would be best, unless they can track which players exploited the gold system. Cause if there's no rollback, there's just tons of players who got magically rich now, unfair to other players. If you lose all your time grinding and stuff, then would you rather lose that, or have people have an unfair advantage with money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saphire12
    saphire12 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, don't think Roll back would be a great idea only because the people who are buying gold are crying....plus theres people who didn't buy gold who have been trying to get exp, and the roll back would just make that work worth anything...might as well try to find another way fix this or try to quicken things up><
  • Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary
    Crafty_Mama - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Banning? What for?! I sold my gold for the lowest price I saw at the auctioneer and I didn t know it was bugged... Yes I WAS surprised when I saw it at 400K lowest, BUT I didn t know at that time it was bugged -_-;

PS. I didn t sell any gold after that, since I saw pple saying it s a bug afterwards

well exploiting means that you are taking advantage of the current situation. but u didnt so i dont think you would get banned lolb:victory
    rawr^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so sad going on for 10 hours and now they work on it? mm they dont check if all is working ok after patch? or non vieuw the game ? that it takes 10 hours and i bet there still pll out there not knowing and buying zhen blah kinda sad lol disapointing verry
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Saizes - Sanctuary
    Saizes - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The Only and Right way is stop the servers and make a Rollback.
    You guys know how much ppl work for there money in game.
    And then one day they come online and see other guys who used real cash get 5mil just in a few mins? Or some guys have 45M?
    And you think just what the hell is that?
    All the time you spend? in buying and selling is just 10$ worth?
    Is that a joke or what? The only way to keep this Ppl from leaving is a Rollback....

Well if u didnt recognized i was talkin about me as well

i hope they really rollback or the game is destroyed and not a perfect world anymore
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Either way, they should do a rollback, if they wont--> alot of people including me will quit. they probably will do a rollback and i hope the exploiters will get banned btw. oh and if there's gonna be a rollback, a double exp friday the 13th would be just fine enough, since i spent 5 hours on leveling today, and im not gonna just lose that cuz of other people being immature.b:shocked

heh u want the roll back but ur "not gunna lose exp" wow nice there im so confused. a roll back with make us all lose exp no matter what, and its unfair to the players who didnt know what was going on or that it was unfair >.> u cant determine everyones motive for doing the things they do. to say they should be banned it mostly because you urself did not take hold of the situation, because u feel guilty about it, and i dont blame ppl there its very tempting.
  • DivineChang - Heavens Tear
    DivineChang - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I vote double exp friday too... not to mention rollback and bans.
  • ninzi
    ninzi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, so i think (not sure) that there can only be 7 buy and 7 sale options in the gold trading service, and that the lowest posted price automaticly gets booted when a higher price comes in so what if a person just puts in 999.999 for 1 gold 7 times and then sells 50 gold for 800.000 doesnt that force everyone to buy his gold for the price of 800.000?
    so isnt this what is going on (but with lower prices) on the sanctuary server? and if this is going on its just completely legal, right?
    b:bye

NO ROLLBACK!!!