"New" Suggestion Compilation thread!

Options

Comments

• Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sorry if some are already up there X3 I might have forgotten if they were when I was writing.

Boutique:
    - An item that gives the type of spirit that is used on skills
    - An item that lets you forget a learned and updated skill and also gives back the used spirit points and coins used on the skill
    - A bigger Wind Widget package that gives the total amount of Widgets needed to make the aerogear go to its maximum speed
    - Take out the Random Pigments from the Hot Color Packs
    - Two different pack options for the phoenix and hercules so that you can choose which type you buy
    - Cheaper Telecoustics
    - Bigger variety of chat skins (i really like the bear smilies ^^)
    - Buffs that pets can be taught using a special pet skill book bought from a variety of different choices in the boutique (like the phoenix and hercules have, but you can teach to regular pets)

Players:
    - Females can give males a lift on their horses, raptors, mantas, swords, grabbing hands when on wings, panthers, deer, etc...
    - More embracing options (hugging, patting on the back, etc...)
    - Pet meditating
    - Special attacking all class pets
    - Higher drop rates for players when they kill things and don't have a quest for it (a friend of mine is getting no drops what-so-ever when she's grinding)
    - Aerogear that is just like the boutique items, but need a VERY large amount of certain items (DQ items, pet fodder for the veno mounts, materials, herbs, and a certain amount of coins for the manufacturing process)

Other:
    - Update the database so that items like Red Jade aren't called Balas Jade and so that re-spawning mobs/bosses that take more than the average re-spawn time are posted in the database (Gomda, Terrorclaw, rare pets)
    - More music selections that play other than the preset music
    - Symbols that can be inserted into speech like music notes, big round dots, etc...
    - A system that allows trade in-between servers for items (like an intertwining server auctioneer)

Control:
    - A selection in the "UI" settings that makes it so that you can't click on other players (just like we can't click on ourselves unless we click on the profile pick by the HP/MP bars)

NPC:
    - A special Banker that has a separate storage system from the others, but the storage connects all of the user's special storage in between characters. (not between servers though)
  • drmotts
    drmotts Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I don't know if this has been suggested yet or not but I think there should be a "probation" or some form of position in factions to show the people who haven't been the faction for 100 hours due to the restriction on TWs. Anything really to show that they haven't been in the faction for the required time would be nice.

Another thing would be for a place in the faction where you can post a want or have, something like a bulletin board. That way you can tell others in your faction of things you have that they might want or look for something from other people in your faction. It would help others in your faction that might not be on at the same time as you.
  • genericusername
    genericusername Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    When I read

'Better regen while meditating'

and

'Male Venomancer and Female Barbarian'

I was like, "Yessss!"

Full support for great justice! b:beg Keeping my fingers crossed for both of these...
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Updated and my eyes hurt now! Please no more neon text! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dweia - Heavens Tear
    Dweia - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been done since I haven't played after I made this suggestion before but.

An option to resize the UI. I have a HUGE monitor and want to have the game on the highest resolution, but when I do the UI is extremely small and I can't see/read anything. Why have that resolution if the UI is unuseable?

If they've already changed this recently please ignore. XD

Also, having it so you can't attack someone elses enemy. Kill stealing was rife when I was playing last time (most by accident), because on the low settings you can't see other players from a certain distance and accidentally attack an enemy they're attacking, I've seen lots of people argue over this stuff too. It's pretty easy to program something like this and it was used in Ragnarok Online.]
  • bombtom
    bombtom Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    a chat channel to only talk to your friends that are online
  • Terevan - Sanctuary
    Terevan - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Instead of clicking on minimap, with its tiny range (definitely not far enough to "nap" or "grab a drink from the fridge" unless your computer is in the kitchen), just be able to enter X, Y, Z coordinates.
    There is already support for Z via the altitude window and X & Y are being pulled from the minimap, so it wouldn't be a huge task.
    Heck, even being able to navigate to one of your user-defined map pins at the current altitude would be a nice touch.

Edit: And then I realized you could alt-click the big map too about an hour after posting this. Thanks to the others who replied, by the way.
  • Terevan - Sanctuary
    Terevan - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    bombtom wrote: »
    a chat channel to only talk to your friends that are online
    That one is already there (sort of). Just past the trade channel tab is a button to join/create a pop-up chat room that can be password locked.
  • tallic
    tallic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Is there a faction roster link that we can use to link to our guild web sites ?
    If not, it would be nice to be able to see your faction roster like the ingame one on Faction Web site's. b:victory
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Instead of clicking on minimap, with its tiny range (definitely not far enough to "nap" or "grab a drink from the fridge" unless your computer is in the kitchen), just be able to enter X, Y, Z coordinates.
    There is already support for Z via the altitude window and X & Y are being pulled from the minimap, so it wouldn't be a huge task.
    Heck, even being able to navigate to one of your user-defined map pins at the current altitude would be a nice touch.
    Make a map note, then alt-click on the note to use the auto-path and you'll go straight to it.
    If you fly at 0 you'll fly at your current altitude.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    jemima wrote: »
    Make a map note, then alt-click on the note to use the auto-path and you'll go straight to it.
    If you fly at 0 you'll fly at your current altitude.

You can hold alt + left click to use auto path on the world map. That will give you plenty of time, if the journey is long.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Loxin - Lost City
    Loxin - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Fall Damage and Drowning?
    just to add realisim?

It would make for more interesting world travel and water based fighting.

just a thought.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Updated. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanshiru - Lost City
    Sanshiru - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    when you get pked you should be able to defend yourself without turning pink, there should be no item loss either when being pink

[edit] in addition i suggest an enemy list for all people who successfully pked you and no penalty when killing those people
    .: Being able to read and think at the same time is an advantage :.
  • Lyvern - Lost City
    Lyvern - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Here are my opinions:
    - Clicking the Find Quest button opens a menu with all quests available.
    - Permanent Squads. Whenever a squad member becomes off-line, he/she'll be still in the squad appearing as off-line (May appear as gray)
    - More Weapon types for mages (One for Magic Swords, other for Wands, other for Glaives and another for Patakas).
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Here are my opinions:
    - Clicking the Find Quest button opens a menu with all quests available.
    - Permanent Squads. Whenever a squad member becomes off-line, he/she'll be still in the squad appearing as off-line (May appear as gray)
    - More Weapon types for mages (One for Magic Swords, other for Wands, other for Glaives and another for Patakas).

1- Good idea.

2- Fiesta has that feature. It will boot the party member if they're offline after a certain amount of time I believe. They get grayed out if they get out of party range too. However, there's an annoying bug that sometimes happens when someone either logs out or gets out of party range then comes back into it and they'll still grayed out. They have to either relog or get booted and reinvited, sometimes both. Yes, it can be annoying to have to reinvite people when someone gets a random d/c, but I see less annoyance with doing that than have the above problems.

3- I'm not sure what you mean by that. Mages, Venos, and Clerics all use magic weapons, and magic swords, wands, glaives, and patakas are all magic weapons.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They should put a "server ping time" window on the UI
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They should put a "server ping time" window on the UI

Why?

I used to play Jedi Knight back in the day and online games were run by using a player's computer as the host while others connected to your computer to join the game. A ping feature was needed so that you could tell who didn't have a fast enough computer to keep up with the host and they could be booted so they didn't drag the whole game down. With PW, however, the game is run from a server size computer, not a PC, which can handle fast and slow computers without dragging everyone down. If PW is running slow for you, it's because of your own system, not the server.

A ping feature is not needed.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A ping feature is not needed.

I sometimes see several shots happening together, or take damage that I thought I had avoided, or other strange things. How can I know when to take steps to avoid dying because of lag problems, and how can I know when I thought I was lagged, but really something else was happening?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I sometimes see several shots happening together, or take damage that I thought I had avoided, or other strange things. How can I know when to take steps to avoid dying because of lag problems, and how can I know when I thought I was lagged, but really something else was happening?

Oh. That. You made it sound like a different problem. Well, something else happened. What you experienced is a server delay between the animation and the damage calculation. Pinging the server would only tell you how well your computer sends and receives information from the server. Since what you (and everyone else for that matter) experienced is a server side issue, a ping feature would be pointless in compensating for it.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. NPC with option to exchange SPIRIT POINTS for COINS / EXP
    2. ADD-ONS (like in wow) to monitor aggro / dmg at least
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • pleinair
    pleinair Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh. That. You made it sound like a different problem. Well, something else happened. What you experienced is a server delay between the animation and the damage calculation. Pinging the server would only tell you how well your computer sends and receives information from the server. Since what you (and everyone else for that matter) experienced is a server side issue, a ping feature would be pointless in compensating for it.

The Internet isn't perfect, and home Internet connections less so. If your modem has a hiccup, or some router inbetween you and the servers has some congestion / downtime, you can indeed have net lag, regardless of the size or power of the server or client computers.

At the very least, it would let you know if a problem is server-side or network-related, and how severe the problem is. It can sometimes be hard to tell unless you're doing something time-sensitive, like combat. Better to find out things are laggy while you're wandering around doing quests than when you're in a difficult battle.

Also, another feature suggestion, under the "requests to ignore" heading: The option to ignore duel requests. Honestly, some of us just aren't interested in (or built for) PvP, and duel requests are just annoying posturing in that case, especially from complete strangers.
  • Sanshiru - Lost City
    Sanshiru - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i suggest a little change in the look of female clerics.
    i noticed that when i made mine i chose b-c cup size but now that she is wearing a charmed robe it looks like an xxl cup and looks pretty unproportional. i hope it's not the same prob with other armors. with the lvl 1 armor or even when changing the view mode to clothes it looks normal again. also what i didn't notice before is that it looks like she got no butt xD it looks almost completely flat.
    i tried changing the leg and/or the waist size to go around that prob, but that's not changing it, only makes it look more weird.
    .: Being able to read and think at the same time is an advantage :.
  • kaltaalis
    kaltaalis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It might be fun for higher level people to be able to squad up with their lower level buddies in a synchronized fashion.Where the higher level character has their level, stats, and abilities scaled back down to the level of their lower level friend. This way there you can eliminate a level difference exp penalty and allow friends to level together and get more done. The whole time the higher level person is earning exp, still needing the next level requirements of their actual level and the death penalty of the synchronized level.A system similar to Square-Enix's Level Synch system for Final Fantasy XI -Edited-
  • Mortallas - Sanctuary
    Mortallas - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think this is probably implied, but could you change this suggestion from:
    - Helmets/Cloaks visible
    to something like
    -Helmets/Cloaks with optional visibility

If it were changed sometimes I may still want to see my character's face and head etc.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I agree with you that a pure network ping would not help here.

However, do you also not think that a "server round trip time" ping would work? In other words, if our packets of information being sent to the server had serial numbers on them, and if the server sent back to the client the most recent serial number it had received, then our client could have a little display showing two interesting quantities: how long did we have to wait for the server to complete processing the last packet of information we sent, that got processed, and how long have we waited for the oldest unprocessed packet.

Perhaps I should not have called this kind of thing "ping", but I still wish we had this.

And perhaps a pure network ping display would also be good, so we can distinguish between server side issues and network issues?
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Cash shop

Dyes/pigments sold in singles AND lots of one color.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • Verriana - Sanctuary
    Verriana - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The actual web address for the Final Fantasy XI Level Synch system is here -Edited-

Forgot it is no longer on the main page.
  • ltd
    ltd Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a couple more idea, from other mmos i have played over the last 10 years.

1) longer descriptions/timers on buuf/debuff mouseovers.

more in depth descriptions of an active buff or debuff by moving your mouse over it. an attack increase says someting along the lines of "attack increased by x percent" or by "x amount". the same idea for a debuff, just a detailed description of the effects and what it does to you. timers on the bottom of the info box that shows how much longer the buff or debuff are in effect. timers would help clerics and other classes know when to rebuff squad members.

2) click on buff cancels it

along the same lines of suggestion 1, simply clicking on an active buff will cancel it.

3) shared bank slots

a row of bank slots that can be used to trade items between characters on the same account. i hate mailing large stacks of items to alts for quests or begging a friend to stand in one place for long times to use them as a mule while i move items from one character to another. shared coins would also be nice.

as a final note, i would like to agree with a number of good suggestions i have heard. those being increased resources to gather, choosing the color of clothes bought from the shop, and the option to dye armor.
  • lollibop
    lollibop Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    All hairstyles for every class b:victory
    Can't find the hairstyle option venomancers have for the blademaster class
This discussion has been closed.