Attack rate : 0.80/sec
    Accuracy : 631
    P. Res : 2337
    M. Res : 2727
    Evasion : 456
    HP : 868
    Speed:7.0m/sec
    Loyalty: 999

Hopefully someone can hoook me up with Ant Soldier stats.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hopefully someone can hoook me up with Ant Soldier stats.

I don't have the ant soldier, but the Giant Ant.

Giant Ant (tamed lvl 18)

Starting skill: Bash (level 2) & Pierce (Level 1)

Level 32

Attack : 375
    Accuracy : 590
    P. Res : 2386
    M. Res : 2386
    Evasion : 500
    HP : 885
    Speed:7.3m/sec
    Loyalty: 530
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    that's some pretty nice stats on the ant, wonder how fast he gets in the end.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So far, I've found 5 stat sets with 2 being the same, basically, with one simply being a level more advanced.

=========

Bramble Cactopod and Soft Cactopod :: Highests stats, lowest speed

Abnormal Cactopod :: second highest stats, faster speed

Gall's Cactopod, Inferior Cactopod and Acrimonic Cactopod :: third highest, faster yet

Superior Cactopod :: 2-3 points lower than the Inferior, same speed.

Jealous Cactopod :: fifth lowest, highest speed. It's also the same stats as an Abnormal Cactopod 1 level higher.

Oh, and the Sharptooth Wolf does have the same stats as the Bitterwolf, and they also have the same stats as a Sharptooth Wolfling/Mad Wolfling one level higher except they are faster.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Finally was able to level up all my land pets in the Cube room, too k over a week to finally get the roll. (first time I got the damn evil eye...never again)

anyhow, they are all level 51, and I'll post their stats later, but its the cactus[13], 3 beetles[1,2,3], puppy[40], lynx[5], and scorpian[2].
    Which is great, for it leaves me to only grind sea and air pets. b:pleased
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had just tamed a giant ant lvl 18 and blackhive wolfkin premier lvl 21. Not sure they r good pets? Giant ant has pierce and bash skill as mention before, and blackhive wolfkin premier has lvl 3 flesh ream and lvl 1 howl. I'm sick of magmite blocking my view and my scorpion hp a bit low and my sawfly kinda noisy. lol b:chuckle
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    well, seems I won't be updating pets for a long while.

Finally got a few of my friends to play, and we were all very 'gung ho' to play a team of venomancers, but found out our pets do not get xp when we are grouped. That put a huge damper on the party.

So I'm playing my cleric, and the rest are playing regular 'holy trinity' team. b:sad
    It's a shame really, I have spent some money on the veno, and definitely saw myself spending alot more with the team we were going to make, but now...
    well it's a shame (seriously, what is so hard about giving pets xp in groups, they don't even share the same xp from players).
    Hoping the holy trinity is fun, but after 2 decades of MMOs, the holy trinity is pretty repetitive, and I know we tend to look elsewhere once we are forced into it.

If they fix the issue, I'll be back with bells and whistles, LOL..
    and some pretty sick stories of veno skill trees (we were going to have each veno specialize)
    had all my pets at max level too...b:angry
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah.

What's weird are the different species of each genus. For example, I'm a huge fan of antelopes. They're physically squishy, but since I am heavy armor, I need something that tanks magic well -- and they take magic very well, and they hit fairly hard (with magic of course).

And it's ironic in a sense because according to my comparisons, a mildly levelled Proud Antelope outperforms Soulchaser Antelopes and even Antelope Sages. I wonder if my Proud will still be ultimate when the next set of antelopes (Blizzards, Celestials) will become available to me at level... 75+?

This occurs in other species too, it's really weird.

I've been hard pressed to find a decent water pet. Undines and merfolk don't cut it.

For the record, Echomaids are the best of the merfolk.
  • Poiss - Sanctuary
    Poiss - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Could you still post your veno's pet stats, please? I'd really appreciate being able to see the data, and I'm sure a lot of other players would too.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    ok, here's my latest pet info:

Hep Beetle
    Current level 51, starting level 2
    Attack : 757
    Damage : 1056
    P. Res : 4370
    M. Res : 4034
    Evasion : 645
    HP : 1716
    Speed: 6.1 m/sec

Vari Scorp
    Current level 51, starter level 2
    Attack : 1292
    Attack rate : 0.60/sec
    Damage : 1231
    P. Res : 3361
    M. Res : 4034
    Evasion : 703
    HP : 1452
    Speed: 6.7 m/sec

Shallowhirl Turtle
    Current level 44, starter level 5
    Attack : 867
    Damage : 758
    P. Res : 4024
    M. Res : 3450
    Evasion : 556
    HP : 1478
    Speed: 5.5 m/sec

Pinn Foxwing
    Current level 45, starter level 34
    Attack : 742
    Damage : 1090
    P. Res : 2748
    M. Res : 3023
    Evasion : 532
    HP : 1199
    Speed: 8.9 m/sec

Cuddly Pup
    Current level 51, starter level 40
    Attack : 792
    Damage : 980
    P. Res : 3419
    M. Res : 3730
    Evasion : 598
    HP : 1470
    Speed: 9.1 m/sec

Petite Sawfly
    Current level 45, starter level 8
    Attack : 1038
    Damage : 1001
    P. Res : 2921
    M. Res : 2921
    Evasion : 615
    HP : 1155
    Speed: 8.4 m/sec

Jaden Qingfu
    Current level 51, starter level 1
    Attack : 829
    Damage : 1058
    P. Res : 4378
    M. Res : 3705
    Evasion : 587
    HP : 1719

Pent King Beetle
    Current level 51, starter level 3
    Attack : 754
    Damage : 1054
    P. Res : 4361
    M. Res : 4026
    Evasion : 644
    HP : 1712

Snaggletooth Kitten
    Current level 51, starter level 4
    Attack : 818
    Damage : 1137
    P. Res : 3675
    M. Res : 3675
    Evasion : 816
    HP : 1443
    Speed: 7.3 m/sec

Inferior Cactus
    Current level 51, starter level 13
    Attack : 1171
    Attack rate : 0.50/sec
    Damage : 1292
    P. Res : 3617
    M. Res : 3946
    Evasion : 517
    HP : 1292
    Speed: 6.9 m/sec

Honestly hope to continue doing this, I really enjoy it. Let's all hope they fix pet xp soon.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Does anyone know if pets retain their defensive elemental strengths and weaknesses? If I tame a "fire" pet, will that pet have superior resistance to fire attacks and inferior resistance to water attacks?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Does anyone know if pets retain their defensive elemental strengths and weaknesses? If I tame a "fire" pet, will that pet have superior resistance to fire attacks and inferior resistance to water attacks?

It will not. Any pet always has the exact same element resists in every element. They simply have a magic def stat.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    http://www.myotherdrive.com/file/778.154812.26012009.57698.6a64fi/PWPETS_4.ods

That's the latest version of the project I've been working on. I'd incorporate the information posted, but without consecutive levels at the end it screws up the approximation calculation. The file was created in OpenOffice, so I don't know if Excel will play nice with it.

• haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Finally got a few of my friends to play, and we were all very 'gung ho' to play a team of venomancers, but found out our pets do not get xp when we are grouped. That put a huge damper on the party.

So I'm playing my cleric, and the rest are playing regular 'holy trinity' team. b:sad
    It's a shame really, I have spent some money on the veno, and definitely saw myself spending alot more with the team we were going to make, but now...
    well it's a shame (seriously, what is so hard about giving pets xp in groups, they don't even share the same xp from players).
    Hoping the holy trinity is fun, but after 2 decades of MMOs, the holy trinity is pretty repetitive, and I know we tend to look elsewhere once we are forced into it.

If they fix the issue, I'll be back with bells and whistles, LOL..
    and some pretty sick stories of veno skill trees (we were going to have each veno specialize)
    had all my pets at max level too...b:angry

Pets do get xp in groups, you just have to attack different mobs and not all attack the same mob. i.e. if both venoA and venoB attack mobA, then only one of the venos' pets will get xp. if venoA attack mobA while venoB attack mobB, both venos' pets will get xp. So you'll basically be group-soloing lol. I do that sometimes in parties if I'm partied with other ranged DDs like mage-venos, archers and wizards since we all kill so fast that it's more efficient this way.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    haku wrote: »
    Pets do get xp in groups, you just have to attack different mobs and not all attack the same mob. i.e. if both venoA and venoB attack mobA, then only one of the venos' pets will get xp. if venoA attack mobA while venoB attack mobB, both venos' pets will get xp. So you'll basically be group-soloing lol. I do that sometimes in parties if I'm partied with other ranged DDs like mage-venos, archers and wizards since we all kill so fast that it's more efficient this way.

It's not very practical though.
    Considering the pets get xp from a completely different source than the players, it really makes one wonder if it's not just a bug.

Also, Veno's should group together, one having a tank pet, another dps, one being nuke heavy, another DoT heavy, another fox form, list goes on. They can all keep the tank alive though, if needed.
    But the main force behind a Veno, their pets, suffer if they outlevel them; and without shared xp for the pet's contributions in group..such a scenario will never occur.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • jingoku
    jingoku Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Would an Inferior Cactus make for a comparable luring pet when leveled evenly beside an Eldergoth Marksman? It seems that at level 50 the overall stats of both are very comparable with the Cactopod having slightly more attack, pdef, and mdef, while having a little less health, and a little less movement speed. Anyone use a higher level Cactopod to lure as opposed to an Eldergoth Marksman just as something different?
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Just compared Carapest Terror and Snow Hare. Stats are their stats at level 25, the + is however much they gained lvl 25-26.

Snow Hare

HP: 687+27
    Phys. Res.: 1659+73
    Mag. Res.: 2111+93
    Damage: 624+25
    Atk. Rate: 0.80/sec+0
    Evade: 333+13
    Speed: 7.3 m/sec+0

Carapest Terror

HP: 690+27
    Phys. Res.: 1817+80
    Mag. Res.: 2272+100
    Damage: 418+17
    Atk. Rate: 0.80/sec+0
    Evade: 418+17
    Speed: 6.7m/sec+0

This really surprised me, since Hare is a rare, and Carapest is beating it in almost everything. Can anyone tell me which is a better mag tank? I think that's what both are intended to do, and IDK how important damage is.
  • ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear
    ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've heard that the frog is a better magic tank. I wouldn't know personally since I don't have one (and don't plan on getting one). I've also heard that, while the hare is rare, it's still pretty weak and most people don't use it once they can get better pets. Again, I don't know this personally.

On another note, I see I've been making a mistake. I have two pet slots right now, one with my scorpion (my heavy DD) and one with my beetle king (planning on using it as a tank). I've been using both since I got them, and now I see I probably should have started with my qingfu instead. I was planning on using both of them once I got two more slots (one for my sawfly and one for the qingfu), but now I'm not sure if I should switch to qingfu right away or stay with beetle king.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    imho, the King is better overall, Qingfu has some advantages, but King has better survivability. That and you won't have to buy bash right away (and King has toughness for adds). Check my latest stats for all 3 beetles just ahead of these posts.
    Though I personally use the Hep Beetle as my main tank, it was King who got me to the level where I could fund that kind of change. (hep beetle didnt have bash to start with).
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I spent 100k on a forget scroll, 300k on Flesh Ream, and 300k on Thunderbolt for my Quadrasil Beetle. Luckily, I had that coin on my main, from the xmas event, and I wasn't going to use it for anything else. So, I used it on the skills, and have to say, now that that veno is level 22, it works very well. Flesh Ream is a good initial aggro skill, then thunderbolt with it's short cooldown time keeps aggro really well. I'm only using Fox Form on that character, so the little beetle works well as a tank. :)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I have bash 3 and toughness on Hepastral Beetle, and he never loses aggro.

Good to see and meet another beetle though, does Quadastral have the same exact stats?

Always wondered if they varied by city, probably don't but it's neat to think they would.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Not sure, but I can post it's stats tomorrow when I log in again. :)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Shikome - Heavens Tear
    Shikome - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    jingoku wrote: »
    Would an Inferior Cactus make for a comparable luring pet when leveled evenly beside an Eldergoth Marksman? It seems that at level 50 the overall stats of both are very comparable with the Cactopod having slightly more attack, pdef, and mdef, while having a little less health, and a little less movement speed. Anyone use a higher level Cactopod to lure as opposed to an Eldergoth Marksman just as something different?

Does anyone use a cactopod as a lure pet as opposed to an Eldergoth Marksman? I'm curious as well. Is it feasible to level up a cactopod as a ranged lure pet as opposed to just getting an Eldergoth Marksman like many other Venos?b:thanks
  • ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear
    ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Does anyone use a cactopod as a lure pet as opposed to an Eldergoth Marksman? I'm curious as well. Is it feasible to level up a cactopod as a ranged lure pet as opposed to just getting an Eldergoth Marksman like many other Venos?b:thanks

Looking at stats for a SOFT Cactopod (trained from lvl 4) and a Eldergoth Marksman at the same level, the Cactopod comes out with higher stats in both defenses, but the Eldergoth has more HP and is a little bit faster. I suppose you could make up for the Cactopod's lower health if you have your heal up to date.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hmmmm, maybe I'll tame one of the newbie oddfoots. It's supposedly a mag tank, wonder how it compares to Carapest.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    If speed is what you're needing for a lure pet, I personally like the cuddly pup.

Otherwise, cactus is really strong in different ways. It's not a normal pet. It has a really high damage output with a fast attack speed. And if you do not have any of it's special attacks on auto, it will actually 'kite' it's enemy.
    Once you use a special attack though, it will get into melee range.
    It has the defenses to be a lure pet, but it's definitely a thinking out-of-the-box pet.
    Not that I have ever played one, but maybe it's a good match with a heavy armored fox veno, it definitely matches well with arcane venos who like to go all out/kite.
    Come to think of it, it would prolly be an awesome pvp pet, considering how annoying it is for melee to have to chase it. Add to that it hits as hard as the scorpian, but doesn't have to chase anyone doing so, (once it has acquired it's target, his shooting range is quite far).
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    If speed is what you're needing for a lure pet, I personally like the cuddly pup.

Otherwise, cactus is really strong in different ways. It's not a normal pet. It has a really high damage output with a fast attack speed. And if you do not have any of it's special attacks on auto, it will actually 'kite' it's enemy.
    Once you use a special attack though, it will get into melee range.
    It has the defenses to be a lure pet, but it's definitely a thinking out-of-the-box pet.
    Not that I have ever played one, but maybe it's a good match with a heavy armored fox veno, it definitely matches well with arcane venos who like to go all out/kite.
    Come to think of it, it would prolly be an awesome pvp pet, considering how annoying it is for melee to have to chase it. Add to that it hits as hard as the scorpian, but doesn't have to chase anyone doing so, (once it has acquired it's target, his shooting range is quite far).

I've never actually seen a ranged pet try to kite a melee mob. I tried to see if a cactopod would, but it just sat there with the mob in melee range never moving (and I'd turned it's abilites off). The only time I've seen it move to range is when the mob turned and decided it wanted to attack me instead of the cactopod.

• Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    hmm, maybe it's the type of cactopod?

Mine's an inferior, and he only gets within melee range if I keep specials on auto.
    I actually use his 'slow' attack on pulls, then let him go free, he jumps around after that.
    Only problem sometimes is he jumps into other aggro if I don't anticipate his pathing, lol.

Though come to think of it, I bet it's the same as any mob we encounter that 'kites'. Meaning usually they will only 'kite' you two times, then stay still, (increased life mobs tend to repeat it though). I tend to pull him off a mob, the re-engage him if he seems stuck, it doesn't seem to have a problem after that.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well I cant speak on the cacti part but if it fairs the same results as the Scorpions then they should rock.. I have a lvl43 Veno and have nurtured a lvl1 scorp pup all the way to lvl42 and he is as good as my Volcanic Magmite (lvl 42) and actually hits around 37 points higher.. Ill post Screenshots in the morning..
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    they are similar to the scorp, I have both as well.
    different shades of grey though, where scorp would rather tank, cactus doesn't like to.
    Scorp has a bit higher damage output per hit because of the slower speed of attack, but the cactus is insane dps at .5 speed.
    I'll have to check, scorp has better mag resist I'm sure, but not sure who has the better phys resist, they are both listed up top a bit in another post of mine from earlier.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler