Cactus, and other interesting Pets

124»

Comments

• Lcewolf - Lost City
    Lcewolf - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I made a bad choice :( When I was to lazy to lvl up my highlands tort I got the lvl 21. Should've kept it... Better not do it again. Also my Sawfly is my damager, Magmite is ph. def tank and Tort is water pet. What should I get next at lvl 26? I'm thinking a good m.def tank. I saw that the lvl 4 beetle king is good but I am to lazy lol. What would be a good next choice?

I have decided to get an Antillope. Good choice?
    Lvl 16 Barbarian-Sacrifice
    Lvl 31 Venomancer-Waffles

I'm going to join Dreamweaver and see how it goes!

RETIRED... Ask MagicZ
  • Corryx - Sanctuary
    Corryx - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Further to my lvl 26 comparison report mentioned above (previous page), my 2nd veno (Ngetal) is lvlg a scorpion in attempt to provide another comparison (along with some Land Undines)

I still have my Highland Tortoise which was lvld to about 18 so Ngetal will use it and get it higher I suspect.....
  • Venojasper_ - Sanctuary
    Venojasper_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    they are similar to the scorp, I have both as well.
    different shades of grey though, where scorp would rather tank, cactus doesn't like to.
    Scorp has a bit higher damage output per hit because of the slower speed of attack, but the cactus is insane dps at .5 speed.
    I'll have to check, scorp has better mag resist I'm sure, but not sure who has the better phys resist, they are both listed up top a bit in another post of mine from earlier.

Umm, it's a bit a noob question...
    But i always thought .5 ATK speed is SLOWER than .6 ATK speed.
    As ATK speed is in Hits per second.
    According to myself the cactus would have 5 Hits in 10 seconds,
    and the Scorp would have 6 Hits in 10 seconds.

Thus the scorp would be faster?

Sry if I'm extremely wrong.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I made a bad choice :( When I was to lazy to lvl up my highlands tort I got the lvl 21. Should've kept it... Better not do it again. Also my Sawfly is my damager, Magmite is ph. def tank and Tort is water pet. What should I get next at lvl 26? I'm thinking a good m.def tank. I saw that the lvl 4 beetle king is good but I am to lazy lol. What would be a good next choice?

I have decided to get an Antillope. Good choice?

Very good. Antilopes are great Mag Def pets. Can take the exploding mobs in FB39 when even Golems die in one hit. I know someone whose main pet is the antelope. It's a very good pet to use, not exactly a phys tank, but like you said, you have a Magmite for that.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Cactopods behave strangely, or so I've noticed.

When they attack ranged mobs, they stand at range, and if you have them use their special attack they "reverse kite" the mob, or force the mob to kite them.

When they fight a melee mob even with their abilities turned off, they just stand there pounding away.

When the mobs decides it dislikes the veno more than the pet the cactopod suddenly decides to move to range.

The one I've been using is a Jealous Cactopod (toxic mist 3), and I don't remember seeing any of the other cactopods I've used in the past exhibit any behavior that was different.

Now, I've heard the Eldergoth Marksman will kite melee mobs, so does it depend on how the pet as a mob was coded to fight? What I mean is if the mob was coded to kite melee constantly then as a pet it will do so as well, and if it wasn't then as a pet it won't either? I'm asking with respect to pets that have ranged physical attacks (marksman/cactopod)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So, I have Volcanic Magmite. Not original really, but when I started game I didn't know that most of venos will have this pet as main tank.

By some times my Bunny(forgot name) was my puller and magic tank. Now I have it on 68 lvl b:chuckle and I'm too lazy to lvling it.. on 50+ lvl I could tank Krixx(or smth like it).
    I didn't know about Safly, when i started so I catched first bee when I was able to fly in 30+ lvl. And I think it now suck b:surrender but I'm too lazy to lvling new Petite Sawfly form 8 lvl to almost 70 b:shocked
    Now I haven't water pet.. I'll catch this Plumfish on 80 lvl.. it killed me one by big lags.. >.>' but I know now where it have respawn area.. >D

And one last words..

I don't like not really good pets, I mean very very NORMAL without any speciality. And ugly pets too.

EDIT: At least I found good free lurer for me.. It's Steelfang Grimalkin(Elite) on 71 lvl with decent hp and both defs.. 8.8m/s!
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory