Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Bumpbumpbump
  • Smexyboots - Sanctuary
    Smexyboots - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In before the lock.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patchsubpage/patch-notes-version-62-1031
    We are currently working out details for new Charm Packages. More information to come soon!
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Thx casual player

Were going to play this new game till they put charm packs back into the game.so they can ban my 1k usd a month habbit on this game if they want, im sure my wife wouldnt mind one little bit = )

On the other hand they might guess im pretty hard headed, runescape didnt understand this and thats how they lost me to this game.I'm just glad I found this other game.I dont like 20-30 year old kids with bad attitudes with power to threaten me.I tend to leave rather then be forced to endure that filth.
  • Smexyboots - Sanctuary
    Smexyboots - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thx casual player

Were going to play this new game till they put charm packs back into the game.so they can ban my 1k usd a month habbit on this game if they want, im sure my wife wouldnt mind one little bit = )

On the other hand they might guess im pretty hard headed, runescape didnt understand this and thats how they lost me to this game.I'm just glad I found this other game.I dont like 20-30 year old kids with bad attitudes with power to threaten me.I tend to leave rather then be forced to endure that filth.

So if you spend a lot of money, you don't have to follow the rules. Thanks Family man.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I thought thats how the world worked.

Guess i was wrong.
  • Malerna - Sanctuary
    Malerna - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't see what the big deal is. They removed the items to prevent difficulties and errors. What is so wrong about that. They said they would release them again or maybe an even better value pack. It's not hard to be patient and to bear with any changes they might need to make in order to keep the game in working order. I would rather they pull an item or two rather then have the game down for repairs for a day or a week for that matter.

They are not trying to be shifty of devious and it's in our best interest to trust the gms and higher ups are doing their best to make our gameing experience the best it can be. We all just need to be patient put on a smile and bear with the changes for now. Eventually they will be added back and perhaps on sale for the inconvience it might have caused some folks.

How ever I can't condone rude behavior and harsh words directed at the gms who are only doing their jobs to the best of their ability. They are doing what they have to in order to keep the game working properly. And I for one appriciate the time and effort they put into this game as we all enjoy playing it.

So in short thank you for informing us as to why the charms were removed and assureing us they will be back some day. Thank you gms and higher ups involved for keeping our game alive and giveing us the chance to play such an amazeing game^_^ much love to you all.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't see what the big deal is. They removed the items to prevent difficulties and errors. What is so wrong about that. They said they would release them again or maybe an even better value pack. It's not hard to be patient and to bear with any changes they might need to make in order to keep the game in working order. I would rather they pull an item or two rather then have the game down for repairs for a day or a week for that matter.

They are not trying to be shifty of devious and it's in our best interest to trust the gms and higher ups are doing their best to make our gameing experience the best it can be. We all just need to be patient put on a smile and bear with the changes for now. Eventually they will be added back and perhaps on sale for the inconvience it might have caused some folks.

How ever I can't condone rude behavior and harsh words directed at the gms who are only doing their jobs to the best of their ability. They are doing what they have to in order to keep the game working properly. And I for one appriciate the time and effort they put into this game as we all enjoy playing it.

So in short thank you for informing us as to why the charms were removed and assureing us they will be back some day. Thank you gms and higher ups involved for keeping our game alive and giveing us the chance to play such an amazeing game^_^ much love to you all.
    You know these GMs cant make or do any thing right?

They get all there patches from china, who doesnt give a **** about the community.

Which is why the phoenix will never be fixed, and anything community wants will never come true and why they hire GMs that ask if harpy wraith is in 79fb and say hacking legal in pvp server.

Mark my words, these GMs will not do anything, just as the Malaysian GMs.
  • Agravain - Heavens Tear
    Agravain - Heavens Tear Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A quick prediction (so I can say "I told you so" later):
    PWi will release a charm pack much different than the one they had. It will have more charms, possibly random level, for a higher price per charm. They will add some extra gimicky rewards such as mirage stones and other rare items in a vain attempt to suggest that this new pack is somehow more valuable than the old.
    The obvious truth will be that they are raising the price. They had decided that the packs were too much of a bargain and were reducing profits from single charm sales so they used a lousy excuse to change and raise the price.

I support their right to do this, I just don't approve deceptive tactics. This is one of very few truly free games worth playing. Their profits are generated solely from users who want to enhance their game play. One CAN survive quite comfortable without spending a dime. I am very impressed and grateful with Perfect World creators for this. However, many of us users sense deceit in the way this change was made.
    If the charm packs are brought back in their original form it will be thanks to threads like this one (and possibly to declined charm sales), so keep griping and keep boycotting the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009

The big deal is that they said these charm packs would NOT be taken out and they were. The problem is they editted the patch notes to support their actions. The problem is they've given us such minimal info about the charms because they obviously have no idea what is really going on and "technical problems" is just some random blanket statement. In fact that's why they haven't made an official thread on this issue but are just randomly making little posts in existing threads because they don't want to be quoted on it. The problem is that the "More info soon" has bee there for 10+ days without "more info" and the problem is that if they put it back in it will rapidly destabilise the ingame economy in a short time.
  • Saints_Guard - Sanctuary
    Saints_Guard - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I can understand why everyone would be so upset over this, but isn't quitting or leaving the game not going to do anything?

What would be the point of leaving? It would just take a load off the GMs back by having one less person irritating them over something like this.

Not saying that I agree with everything the GMs have done here (I more or less disagree with what they did) but I mean honestly, do you think hassling the GMs over this is going to make them want to fix it any faster?

Just throwing my two cents in.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually community pressure does get things done quicker in a lot of cases.
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    [sic]

What would be the point of leaving? It would just take a load off the GMs back by having one less person irritating them over something like this.

[sic]

Sure, it would be less irritation. It would also be one less potential zen customer. It is never the goal of a business to ignore their customers' wishes, and a business never does so because they don't care if their customers leave.

That being said, I cannot imagine the PWI staff's reason for creating such a fiasco like this, especially when it would have been very simple to avoid. They've certainly lost my trust, not because they had a problem or removed the packs or because they think they're too good of a bargin, but that they are participating in shady business practices.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Welp -Edited- has seen 200 bucks so far from my family since this has happened"im already a multi millionaire thier with 156mills in gold alone thier gold is cheap compared to here, you can actually buy it online o0.

Ive logged in once a day to do the daily quests.not really missing this game so much.My wife has played -Edited- non stop since this has happeend and im already lvl 56 over thier.we might just stay if we completly lose intrest in this game.

Keep boycotting the botique.It's the only way they'll learn.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Jebbediah please stop discussing other mmos on these forums as you are breaking rules with doing that.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    I dont find Jebs comments helpful. We all know the rules here do not allow talking about other mmo games or flaming in this sort of way. But I do understand his sentiment and it is very curious that his post was quickly edited and responded to by a moderator while the rest of us more reasonable posters go ignored. The squeaky wheel gets the grease right... or in this case the flaming wheel gets the moderator. Mod, please offer your assurance that the packs will be back, that our fears are irrational, that the game designers are working the problem, and give us some time when we might expect them back (or at least some time we can expect another update). We are not mushrooms, don't keep us in the dark and feed us ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Agravain I know as much as you. I honestly have no idea when they are going to be back. All I can ever do is make sure GM's are aware of any issues and I assure you they were from day 1 about the Charms pack issue. Apart from that all I can do is wait till a GM announces something. They have not told me anything about a date it is going to be back only that it will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Thank you so much for the response. You did the right thing and I greatly appreciate your honesty. b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    bump

I had to scroll to find this thread. That's just not okay.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Cya Gm's me and my family are having too much fun being multi milionares in this other game calld Edited.Ive spent less then 400 bucks in the 2 weeks ive been gone from this game and Edited is sooo much cheaper to have fun with the whole family.

Yall took too long.Have a nice game life.Pwi

No disrespect to you IronMan.you have made our stay here a good one we will miss seeing a Gm shoot the breeze with us.You and your good attitude Make a good game Great.Dont ever change IronMan.more mmorpg's need people like you.
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    When people have to stop spending money, their world dies.... pathetic spoiled brats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    That guy talks about his family a lot... But then to have a family you must have a life, so I guess he should be proud or something.
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Cya Gm's me and my family are having too much fun being multi milionares in this other game calld Edited.Ive spent less then 400 bucks in the 2 weeks ive been gone from this game and Edited is sooo much cheaper to have fun with the whole family.

Yall took too long.Have a nice game life.Pwi

No disrespect to you IronMan.you have made our stay here a good one we will miss seeing a Gm shoot the breeze with us.You and your good attitude Make a good game Great.Dont ever change IronMan.more mmorpg's need people like you.

wow do u like have no life seriously 400 bucks on a game that in any minute can just go poof? and what part of do not discuss other games in the forum can u not understand? and if u quit over an issue as dumb as this what happens when that game removes an item from teh cash shop are u going to just quit that game too?

*edit sry i dont mean to be rude but i mean come on. isnt this whole topic a bit rediculous this is a free game afterall u dont have to buy the items
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Charms are neccesary in all PvP activities, AoE and Tanking. Sure we could do without it the same way we could do without electricity but it would be highly inconvinient and make this game quite bothersome.

umm i wanna point out if no one has those charms dont you think that means you wont need them i mean if you need them then that means the other person probably has them which means your probably saving yourself some money by them taking out these charms

*edit put yo on all the u's happy?
  • Envy - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    umm i wanna point out if no one has those charms dont u think that means u wont need them i mean if u need them then that means the other person probably has them which means your probably saving yourself some money by them taking out these charms

Excuse me, I want to flame you but I cant understand what you're trying to say.

Can you re-type that in legible English?
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Your English is quite sufficient, btw. b:victory

The thought about the extra 3 charms going to players didn't slip by me. But it becomes what we call "point of purchase" or "impulse purchasing". Have you ever been standing in line at a grocery store and noticed all the junk at the check out counter for sale? Candy bars, chips, gossip magazines, etc? People don't go to grocery stores to buy these things most of the time, but if the product is suddenly in front of them, the chances that they go "Hmm...I could go for some M&M's right now," goes up dramatically the longer they see it. That is why they are at the check out. It's the one place in the store everyone HAS to stand around for a few minutes...where everyone lines up to purchase their items. Hence the term "point of purchase sell".

I know quite a number of players (it's amazing how popular Clerics can be!!) who, especially with the rough economic times we are currently in, play within the bounderies and limitations of player made pots and patient hunting. When the original prices of charms were around 375+k per charm, it was extremely rare for them to buy one in shops, and if they did, they milked it for as long as they could. When the charm packs came out, and the prices dropped to around 300k, not only did they buy them more often from other players, I also noticed their playstyle change subtley where they were using fewer pots and relying on their charms more.

Now that the price of gold in the AH is around 100+k per gold, that's 400+k per gold charm if they buy the gold then buy the charm. That is sure to slow them down quite a bit, and more than likely they will focus on their veno's again (who hardly need to use charms and make good gold). This WILL slow down their sales.

Even though these "package" deals are sort of misleading to the consumer, in that, most consumers don't realize how much profit is actually built into the products (both here and real world), one thing is certain. They stimulate consumers to buy more.

Perhaps the "economic leaders" in our real world should start playing mmorpgs. Maybe they can learn a thing or two about successfully stimulating our economy!!b:bye

Pssstt....personally, I believe ebil penguins high jacked the charm packs and that the snowmen were just a front to cover their heist!!b:shocked

*Note Read your whole post and i just want to state.

the fact that those people who use ingame money to buy gold dont really help out the profit because someone has already paid for that gold so it dont help them out profitwise unless u mean that because they arent buying the gold people arent buying the gold from pwi but still it dont really hurt or help when you use ingame money to buy the gold.
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    umm this is to all the people flaming the moderators and gms about the announcement i just wanted to point this out did you ever think that when the people who put up the announcements were told it was a permenant item that they meant that the item is in your inventory permanently (or in this case till used up) and the admins just got confused? I mean that could be why they went and edited the post. (not that i condone it just maybe pressure from the uppers?)