b:cry they took away the gold packs!

Options
Reisha - Heavens Tear
Reisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
b:cry they took away the gold packs! It never said anything about them being temp on the list or id have stocked way up on these... Were they a accidental removal?

I hope they come back or imma be b:angry
Post edited by Reisha - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The Gold Packs were not accidentally removed. No worries, it's likely that we'll see something similar again sometime in the future. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reisha - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    The Gold Packs were not accidentally removed. No worries, it's likely that we'll see something similar again sometime in the future. ;)

dang id have liked them to be accidentally removed so they'd be back sooner. Someone actually talked me out of buying 2 of em yesterday b:shutup...now im all bummed.
  • kiralia
    kiralia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    err when the gold packs were added (and when we later checked) they were advertised as a permenant addition.

At no time (to my knowledge) have we been informed this had changed or would be changing.

Sounds like an accident or **** up or some kind to me
  • Reisha - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    kiralia wrote: »
    err when the gold packs were added (and when we later checked) they were advertised as a permenant addition.

At no time (to my knowledge) have we been informed this had changed or would be changing.

Sounds like an accident or **** up or some kind to me

thats what i thought. The page indicated a perm addition so they should add em back asap *i want my cheap(er) leveling back :( b:irritated

tho the gm already said they meant to take em out...which doesnt make sense to me as the above person said they were shown to be perm and we werent given any sort of notification they were being removed for the time.

Quote from the site:
    "Finally, for our value-minded players, we are introducing permanent new additions to our boutique in the form of Charm Packs and the New Player Pack. These value-priced bundles are perfect for the bulk purchaser looking to save some gold as well as the new player curious..."
  • kiralia
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yupo just looked it up and to quote from the announcement

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/thanksgiving-quest-and-black-friday-sale-565

Finally, for our value-minded players, we are introducing permanent new additions to our boutique in the form of Charm Packs and the New Player Pack. These value-priced bundles are perfect for the bulk purchaser looking to save some gold as well as the new player curious to sample a variety of our most useful cash shop items. The following bundle packs are now available:
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/newsubpage/thanksgiving-quest-and-black-friday-sale-565

Finally, for our value-minded players, we are introducing permanent new additions to our boutique in the form of Charm Packs and the New Player Pack. These value-priced bundles are perfect for the bulk purchaser looking to save some gold as well as the new player curious to sample a variety of our most useful cash shop items. The following bundle packs are now available:

thank you i was looking where it said permanent.. they are saying well have something to replace it but still till then charm inflation , WOOOO
  • kiralia
    edited January 2009
    Options
    how long til they bother with it i wonder
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    how long til they bother with it i wonder

Given the turnaround time on support tickets, getting servers back up on time and such... a very very long time for them to follow through with what they put in writing and show us how much they care about those of us who pay their salary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Georgebush - Lost City
    Georgebush - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

i knew it, another scheme to suck more money from people. Your greediness never cease to amaze me.
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Why remove something that was told was supposed to be a Perm addition to the cash shop?

b:lipcurl Worst patch yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    *Insert choice words here* Really this version has just been one big **** up after another.... Dont worry he says.. Dont worry about what? The fact that game management lied to us? The fact they removed an item that they said was permenant? The fact that your **** over and pissing off at least 75% of your player base?..

Yeah dont worry.. They'll be back SOMETIME in the future... We will also have flying cars, robot maids, and peace on earth sometime in the future..

Im not holding my breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Vasflam - Lost City
    Vasflam - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i knew it, another scheme to suck more money from people. Your greediness never cease to amaze me.

You people are idiots. They gave you 5 prices for the price of 4 and they gave you free chance items with it.

They could have just sold you charms at the normal rate, but they gave you a better value for your money.

I should go to Best Buy the day after Black Friday and tell them they're greedy **** for going back to their regular prices.

Now this is where someone quotes me and says, "Well they said this was a permanent addition!! WAH WAH WAH!"

If they're smart, they'll do another package similar to it, so stop crying and be patient. Kids these days...
  • kiralia
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If they had said it was a temp addition nobody would be worried about it, the problem it that it WAS advertised as permenant.

You can be an insulting fanboy all you like it doesn't change the facts.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

They just changed the page and removed the 'permanent' part of it. They win.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    What a cover-up! They've gone back and edited the announcement page to remove the word "permanent." Google's cache of the page still shows the original version...for the moment.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So when GMs announced gold packs was permanent...was that just a lie? Or was it a tiny little misstype? And saying "in the future" normally means 5-6 months or never in PW-GM language in my experience. No more zhen for people i guess. Only one that can afford to buy charms now is a small % of the richest cash shoppers + venos with moneymaking hercules. But wait...venos dont need charm anyway.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    posted the following in a similar thread:

"Let me start off by saying that our Charm Packs have been a very successful addition to our Cash Shop and therefore it would be in 'our' best interest to make these bundles available again to our members as soon as possible.

The truth of the matter is that due to some technical issues (semi related to the issues with closing all Christmas events simultaneously) we needed to pull these products for (what we hope is) a short duration.

Please bear with us as we iron out the issues related to these Packs."

and yes, we recently altered the text as some of you have pointed out above. Nothing devious going on there really. We just wanted to make sure that the archived news item reflects the current status of these Packs. Thank you for reminding us to correct that statement!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • kiralia
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So basically your archives are worthless as you edit them when you feel like it....good to know.

The point of archived news to to record the news AS IT WAS PRINTED THEN not to reflect changes that happen after it.

Post an announcement stating the problem and that charm packs have been taken out because of it and will be returned later and that will solve the problem, editing an existing news item and trying to hide it just creates more.
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    damn i should have buy tons when i was able to
  • Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Exactly changing the announcements means.. the probabilty is high you trying to make us forget they were there and preventing new people from finding out. i find "public manipulation"quite devious actually

"they will be back" is what you will claim for god knows how many months till the ones who care stop caring and prevent new players from finding out(i repeated myself 0.o)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    They could have just sold you charms at the normal rate, but they gave you a better value for your money.

this is after prices of charms were raised highly from the original prices 60silver bronze and 1.5silver or 2.0 when we started playing, of course didnt have gold back then yet
    and the lion mount chance is 0.02 chance, fabulous and bugged lately possibly
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    no more gold lion mount T_T
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Finally, for our value-minded players, we are introducing permanent new additions to our boutique in the form of Charm Packs and the New Player Pack. These value-priced bundles are perfect for the bulk purchaser looking to save some gold as well as the new player curious to sample a variety of our most useful cash shop items. The following bundle packs are now available."

Gm's you know how much I spend.Know this.I dont like being lied to and thats what yall just did.

My family and friends are going to boycott the cash shop untill yall fix it.

I suggest every serious Gamer do the same.
  • Aedril - Sanctuary
    Aedril - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    posted the following in a similar thread:

"Let me start off by saying that our Charm Packs have been a very successful addition to our Cash Shop and therefore it would be in 'our' best interest to make these bundles available again to our members as soon as possible.

The truth of the matter is that due to some technical issues (semi related to the issues with closing all Christmas events simultaneously) we needed to pull these products for (what we hope is) a short duration.

Please bear with us as we iron out the issues related to these Packs."

and yes, we recently altered the text as some of you have pointed out above. Nothing devious going on there really. We just wanted to make sure that the archived news item reflects the current status of these Packs. Thank you for reminding us to correct that statement!

Forgive me for being cynical, but how long will it take until you edit this post too in order to say "we never said charm packs would be coming back"?

Instead of editing your original announcement to remove any references to permanency of an item, why not simply append a disclaimer to the end of it saying there is an issue with these items and they have temporarily been removed?

If I edited any archived press/earnings releases from my company, not only would I be fired immediately, but I would have a formal SEC investigation centered around me (in addition to a potential investor lawsuit).
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    gd job GMs b:victory nicely done b:victory
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Why am I not surprised?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery - Lost City
    Fiery - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    very shady indeed. not worth our trust.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Oh, you don't deny it then? Because I and many others can verify the patch notes said the charm packs were a PERMANENT ADDITION.

You just admitted you backstabbed all your players and that you lied to get people to invest in the game increasing the chances that they stay and spend more. People aren't stupid, or at least I hope not...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Like a customer we can buy that addition, that they offer and everybody has to buy again with the old price.
    And why backstabbed? It was a good method to getting addicted from cheap charms (like free bronze from xmas quest). You "need" to buy it for TT, you "need" to buy it for TW and etc.
    It just a marketing trick to sell more on original price, its not a surreptitious act, just business. Live with it.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So, they went back on what they said, they gave a reason why, and it's perfectly valid. It's annoying we have to wait for the packs to come back, sure, but if you use the Cash Shop, and mall as much as some people have said; what's an extra $4? Wow. So you spend like $0.83c more. Big deal. If you can't live with it, don't buy them.

I, on the other hand, only have a problem with them editing their announcement. Apart from that, I'm fine with the given reasoning.