OLD "Report a Bug" Thread -Being closed in a few days.

Options

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    @p4inkill3r

Have tried the Verify function at the front end menu of the game?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • ilovetreez
    ilovetreez Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I downloaded the installer.exe via the perfect world downloader. Now i want to start it, and a black window pops up. It closes and nothing happend. Wtf? :O
  • Ladyevion - Heavens Tear
    Ladyevion - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    My name is LadyEvion, and I am sure that you have received several bug reports from me. I am having frequent game crashes and they all say it is due to a software error. I have updated all of my drivers and such on my computer in hopes to remedy this problem but it has yet to be fixed. I have resorted to re-installing the game with hopes that I will no longer have it crashing on me at least six times in one hour. As I have stated in my bug reports, I thoroughly enjoy this game and I want to be able to play it without having to worry about it crashing. I will post again if the game continues to give me problems after the installation is complete.
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Send a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Detail out your information, and we will then ask you for more information about your system. Please copy and paste your post and this post into your message.

Thanks b:bye
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Makeover scroll glitch. After creating a new model for my character an hitting "done", the hair did not change and remained the same as my original. Everthing else changed properly. This occured ~9:20pm EST nov 13 (Today).

Solution either give me another makeover scroll or revert me back to original and give me scroll so i can redo everthing, open to other solutions as well please get back to me.
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So I sent a ticket thingy last night at http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing and I'm still waiting for a response. Do any of you guys know if you recieved it? If so, how long before something happens? Just curious is all (I wanted my chracter to look all pretty before my first TW so... b:thanks). Thank you got the quick response yesterday Dubois!
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Omfg, thank you. I got a response from ticketing. I didn't notice the scroll bar for inventory, I'm sorry about that..
  • Rusilka - Heavens Tear
    Rusilka - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm looking for a topic with this bug but I didn't find.

So... When I delete character after 1 week and I can't use deleted character's name again ^^
    Pleas answer :)
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm looking for a topic with this bug but I didn't find.

So... When I delete character after 1 week and I can't use deleted character's name again ^^
    Pleas answer :)

Currently names are permanently safed on the server and can not be re-used. No bug involved but the GM's are working on it.
  • Serafiel - Lost City
    Serafiel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    OK thank you :)

It'll be nice if they'll do that before 1 December
  • madskull
    madskull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    hi, i have a problem or bug here with the call of duty missions.

The mission avenger's fury (FB51), when i talk with the npc for my call of duty quest, he give me the quest, but without call of duty tablets.

Same thing happened me before with the mission call of duty: claws, i got the quest without the tablet.

i try relog on, trash the quest and take again, but nothing, then what i can do?
  • koleriuxas
    koleriuxas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I downloaded Client but it wont start game whatshould I do?
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Please have look at this guide from the GM's.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=70202

Also if you got a further issue with installing please open a new thread as this is the wrong place to post about installing problems (This is the bugreporting thread afterall). And explain exactly what your problem is.
  • teitton79
    teitton79 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    my quest menu is bugged or the item in my quest box. it is for the aware of princial quest and i have the celestial sprite. my quest menu isnt recognizing that i have it and the mobs wont drop me another . lvl 19 wizard Teitton < sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    There are two different parts to the quest the first you get as a mobdrop the second you need to "farm" from a plant.
  • teitton79
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ahh it doesnt give me any instruction in the quest where the herb is....
  • teitton79
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ok i will search for this other part of it ..
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sorry I was on the phone. As you didn't tell me which race you are please have a look on this website.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest
  • madskull
    madskull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In other post put this, but maybe this thread need be here.

About the Call of Duty Tablets bug:

the problem is the actual character level, when the character rearch the level for the next FB or call of duty mission without take the previous FB the bug cancell the tablets from the npc, for example:
    A character with lvl 39-40 and dont make yet his FB29 (without take the mission or talk with the npc), then when he talk with the npc for his FB29 in this case Call of Duty: Claws (Qinzi). the npc only give you the mission as normal quest and dont give you any tablet, because other npc have other tablets for you for other advanced FB the Call of Duty: Phantom (FB39).

we testing this with a guy who was near the lvl 27 and dont talk yet with the npc for his Call of Duty:Xenobeast (FB19), he rearch the level 29, and then he talk with the npc for his FB19 and recieve his tablet, the npc only give him the quest without tablet.

i was level 40 when i go to talk with the npc for my FB29 and he dont give me the tablet, now when i go for my FB51 was already level 60 the npc dont give me the tablts too.

If a GM see this please check and test this and see as the bug work, hope can be fixed.

ohhh, and i continue for my quest or wait for a answer?
  • diana122
    diana122 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    When i log on everyone's skin's are the same I can't see the hair---The hair is just gray
    The skin's are white. I can't see if their tanned or black or rainbow or whatever
    I can't see the shop owners names. -Which is bad because i want to buy stuff from my friends XD-
    I can see the chat and play fine but the graphic problems reallly buggg meee.
    b:cryb:cry
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Click on "system" (Right hand bottom corner) then in the popup above it click on "System settings". In the new window click on "UI" then click on the box called "Custominations". Apply and comfirm the whole thing.
  • johntrin
    johntrin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think the screenshot is self-explanatory.
    10qax7a.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Options
    @johntrin

Thank you, it has been saved and passed on! b:pleased
  • rrfierce
    rrfierce Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Hi I'm new to Perfect World I've been playing it for about a week =D. I've been making a list of problems (/suggestions!) I've had with it, some of these may be 'nooby' qualms but here they are nevertheless, enjoy :P

System: Windows XP Home 2002, SP3; Intel Core 2, T5600 @ 1.83GHz, 1.00 GB RAM.

Installation

- 'N' missing from 'No not agree' on end-user software agreement on install page.

- Still in installation and it's asking me if I want to 'verify' or 'Skip', this would look neater if they both had a capital letter [or standard use of capitals throughout].

- Error: [in verification of download file] ]setup packet (data.pck) incomplete, please re-download the installer. [Subsequent; game seems to work fine despite this error message.]

Register

- One of the initial links leads to a 404 error.

- account/password/token - 'Password Remiander'

- Had difficulties getting it working but finally succeded with the instructions posted at: showthread.php?p=30165#post30165

Login

- Sometimes have problems logging in, issue whereby if the game logs out due to time-out automatically, I cannot re-log (game account or password not recognised). Issue might occur if computer enters standby mode. Clearing the RAM [using myscript=(80000000) in .vbe command] remedies this.

Character Creation

- Race/class descriptions nonsensical.

Game

(Quests)

- Top reward awarded by Elder in City of Feather for part 1 of First Try of Wings mission trails off the screen at low(est) game resolution.

- First Try of Wings mission - first time I ran this through on pve server I was given the mission twice (after having completed it succesfully once, was re-submitted it a second time) it lead to a problem the second time where I tried to loot the box whilst flying which I believe did not work but then I landed and succesfully looted the box in walk mode.

(General)

- Rotating the mouse wheel forward causes the interface to zoom out and vice versa. Typically rotating the mouse wheel forward causes the interface to zoom in and vice versa.

Recommendations

- A tick option in login allowing you to store (at least account name, possibility of password) account details.

- Amerliaration to keyboard-control interface, suggestions:
    - Default use of both w/s/a/d and arrow directional buttons to move.
    - Possibility of using a/d and left and right arrow directional buttons to rotate the character instead of strafing.
    - Auto-walk(/run) button.
    - User-customisation of keyboard-control interface.

- Death due to asphyxiation due to being underwater?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You shouldn't be getting linked to .ms at all, if you're playing Perfect World International. That's an entirely different game, run by an entirely different company. I won't say Perfect World International is without its translation issues, but it does try a littttttle bit harder to deal with those sorts of problems.

I'd also ask that you not link to them here. We've got more than our fair share of people getting confused and downloading the wrong client.

The issue with your network connection is an interesting one, and likely crosses clients, so that's worth a bit of attention. Any information about your network interface card you can share?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dumbbell
    dumbbell Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    well after i start to play a little the game will crash. then i log in again and it will crash again after 10mins of playing. is there any way to resolve this?
  • hitoride
    hitoride Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    dinoman wrote: »
    Can't login using Opera 9.5 Beta. =[ Forced to use Firefox

using opera and can log in fine.
  • hitoride
    hitoride Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    dumbbell wrote: »
    well after i start to play a little the game will crash. then i log in again and it will crash again after 10mins of playing. is there any way to resolve this?

having the same problem, the amont of time the game runs varys but it always crashes, and i've reinstalled the game 3 times so somethings up.
  • Saintblu - Sanctuary
    Saintblu - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I can't log into the game it keeps saying unable to connect to sever!!
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The servers are still down! Please do not doublepost as I already saw this post in another thread.
This discussion has been closed.