halloween flying mounts in cash shop?

Options
124»

Comments

• Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This thread is getting boring. Can anyone else direct me to a more exciting one? Got ten minutes to kill.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yea, but my point is you DON'T have to pay for anything, you CHOSE to. Be more responsible with your money, and these things won't happen.

Spending money on a ftp mmo, I'm still laughing my **** off.
  • kalokaro
    kalokaro Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well it was completely obvious they were going to come out in the cash shop. Not because of any money hungry evil corporation, but as was said, they are in the other versions. What's more is there was even a post about it here long before the event. People were asking when could they expect to see the mounts from other versions here. Midnight excluded of course.

Seems to me the Admins took the opportunity of the event to introduce some of them. The mounts were not advertised as rare items, just rare wins.

If you run out and buy a new game system, T.V., or whatever the day it comes out and it goes on sale a few weeks later, do you return to the store screaming? Please by all means do and be sure to come back here and post your results.
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    im pretty angry about this.I will never again spend money on any events ever again to get that really cool item that noone else has,I will just wait till it's sold in the botique.Yes im pretty angry about this.im sure many Paying players are seriously losing Respect for the way your doing things.

When you stop caring about what your customers are complaining about, you soon start losing customers.

This game is not a "wow" you couldnt even get 6k people to sign your stupid myspace thing and this game cannot afford to lose the respect of it's paying population.Please rethink your strategy! I really like this game and dont wanna see it go **** up in a year.

Sincerly!
    20 year mmorpg vet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Xwindravenx - Sanctuary
    Xwindravenx - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yea, but my point is you DON'T have to pay for anything, you CHOSE to. Be more responsible with your money, and these things won't happen.

Spending money on a ftp mmo, I'm still laughing my **** off.

Thats what I have been trying to say in details though people are ripping them selvs off I choose to pay money you know what i like about this game that WOKF hasnt done

this game limits users to a small item mall to look into WOKF has tooo much to play with and they rip members off because they make it so people who spend money in item mall are GODS I should know I am a lvl 40 and i have statts that let me kill 4 lvls higher than what I should... This is how the people rip them selves off I spent over 200$ real money in that game and I dont care its only money... And I had fun doing it so it wasnt a Waiste now players who spent money here there not spending half as much as players in other games... This game is doing great on ther upcomming future look at the old one theres more in item mall and less people complane...
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Agreed.

Or buying a game system early and a game, only to find that they are now bundled together.

And I said in the other forum about the mounts etc. that they would be added on Nov. 3rd, some of which posted in here.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    mightynyx wrote: »
    im pretty angry about this.I will never again spend money on any events ever again to get that really cool item that noone else has,I will just wait till it's sold in the botique.Yes im pretty angry about this.im sure many Paying players are seriously losing Respect for the way your doing things.

When you stop caring about what your customers are complaining about, you soon start losing customers.

This game is not a "wow" you couldnt even get 6k people to sign your stupid myspace thing and this game cannot afford to lose the respect of it's paying population.Please rethink your strategy! I really like this game and dont wanna see it go **** up in a year.

Sincerly!
    20 year mmorpg vet

Enough with spamming this we dont wanna keep hearing it over and over you are just spamming your complaint please its not mature to do that we all understand your upset but pls not this all over
  • _hotep_ - Sanctuary
    _hotep_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well I have to say I spent over $200 and didnt get the midnight we were hoping for. I did get a Nakir but I have NO problem with them putting it in the cash shop. Now I will buy another Nakir :) I am delighted.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So yes before people complaine please look into all the forums and study before you post gms always reccomend that in the User agreement and in the Game itself they send bullitons and banners in game also they make it easy for you all to see it on the front page so SURPRISE theres mounts that were said they where coming so why frett it you got a chance to be cool LOL not the best thing to be popular its like going to school saying the First day a system came out "Guess What I Got!?!?!?!" To find out 2 mounths later that the same people you said it to says well Guess what we got that and 5 games for what you payed for 1 system and no games
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Enough with spamming this we dont wanna keep hearing it over and over you are just spamming your complaint please its not mature to do that we all understand your upset but pls not this all over

You didn't get the joke. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What is this botique how do i use it and how do i get my icon to show in this forums as my char and lvl im reading all this and seeing this and i wanna know please
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    b:chuckleb:chuckleOk i understand that PW staff need too pay there saleries and the servers we all enjoy. But I see this as a free game and will keep it so. I dont buy Zen, Im outta work and have better things too do with my money. Learn to survive without the charms and the really fancy gear. Im having a tonne of fun playing PW with my friends and i dont need too empty my wallet every day too do it. I might be slow at levelling my mage up. It might take me far longer too kill a mob solo but later ill rule in aoe parties. I understand the anger of the people who did spend alot on angels but i have too say, I saw it coming.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Elronia I agree with you, that is exactly how I played, and besides with the amount of skills points a wizard or cleric need to get all their skills you HAVE to die a few times....you loose exp, but not sp ;)
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Elronia I agree with you, that is exactly how I played, and besides with the amount of skills points a wizard or cleric need to get all their skills you HAVE to die a few times....you loose exp, but not sp ;)

i agree entirly with everything u said man also the fact that u can get zen with out a dam boutiqe &NOT PAY A DAM CENT mind u is very dumb of them i think also they wont have any ppl paying much longer lmao also for any1 who wants a better mmo that is free 100% unless u want extras and does not i repeat DOES NOT DO EVENTS LIKE THIS THEY MAKE IT FAIR FOR EVERY1 and they even prevent ppl from selling these items to others to prevent exorbident prices ect also the cloths u can get have special stat attributes making them bettet then getting the ones here for no reason the game is called SilkRoadonline.com its run by a good Honest company they wont rip u off u get wut u pay for also in events they Do Not sell **** after at lower prices and they Do hold holiday events and Do hold seasonal events ect its a great game hope every1 will try it an gm's this is from me to most of u _l_ b:laugh_l_ i think most would agree this is a good game & has more stuff but i feel it is not ryt to do wut u are doing to ppl who paid actual $$$ for ur **** also to make ppl want to do events in the future do not list these rides that way ppl might if ur sry azzes are lucky ppl might buy in the future hope every1 is ok an not gonna kill me or any1 else but if u ever need anything from boutiqe i do sell ext stones cheaper for ppl who actually need them and cages cheap as in usually 150K for a cage an 250K for a invt and 200K for a safe but i wont buy them to make a profit i actually give the coins to friends or use it to buy more from the gold trade thing for more stones ect i kno i waste $$$ but its for every1 in the end who cant get wut they need anyother way also i do not buy many things only 1 time a week usually i also sell at south arch brigde lolz but i wont be doing this much more because greedy twerps want to buy an sell so ima be trading for mats from now on and its going to be a ton of mats that u will need to get the items in the future im on heavens tear mind u this way ppls wont be able to just walk up and buy me out hehehe this is ur fault for ruining a good thing also i dont care wut happens i love this game it is my choice to spend my money im not griping an im happy **** hell that the show their true colors to the ppl who dont know better i used only zen i bought from the auction so im not losing nothing really b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    the 100$ in RL money for zen aloong with 5mil in angels ingame and then 2mil... thats about 170$ in RL. they will probably be in there for 20-30gold.. they wanted to soak up money witht he event saying that they were "Rare" and now just taking our money and giving it to poeple for a fraction of the price jsut to get more money. the items will most likely not have any ingame value other then the gold value.

im really sad i started this game now. i wanted to come and play to have fun.. this game is sexist and jsut a rip off.

greedy people run this game.

all they want is ur money. yes i know its a "free to play" game and they have to make there money some how but thats is jsut a damn rip off to everyone who participated in the halloween event

maybe you should complain to the people that been crying to get them .. everyone wants it as its 'rare' so they cry to the staff nd the staff inserted them to please the customers.. yes ofc you get ppl who are not happy wif it.. i bought a new flying sword nd was sad i couldnt buy the flaming sword but now its in CS .. yes im kinda ticked off with that but im not gnna cry over it O.o .. thats life.. deal wif it..

and for all of you saying "gms do this, gms do that." GMs do NOT code these things ingame nd do NOT insert things in CS.. thats the task of DEVs so i see no point in talking smack to the GMs.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    b:laugh

I'm surprised they didn't put the flying mounts in the very next update after the Halloween event. Since I actually read the event page I knew the flying mounts weren't rare and would be added. The 2.5 mil I spent to get mine a couple weeks early is just fine by me since the cash shop one is $20.
    Jolly Old Jones will be giving out free temporary Halloween Costumes to everyone, as well as the chance to get a new exclusive in-game mount, Midnight.

http://www.perfectworld.com/event/halloween/

At no point did they say the flying mounts were exclusive. And it's not even in "the fine print" it's the very first sentence!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pinkpeach - Lost City
    Pinkpeach - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It has just suddenly hit me that Midnight - black horse with flaming hoofs - was ripped from another game, unless someone knows if it was taken from somewhere else? Do a google for "Midnight boss" (for those interested) and you'll see what I mean. They could have named it something else, or used different colours, but they didn't.

Midnight in this version doesn't even compare.
  • Mrs_parijs - Heavens Tear
    Mrs_parijs - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Dang, so much for these mounts being rare. Again, false advertisment. They lure people to buy for the halloween event, and later put them in the cash shop. Nice way to lose a ton of your EXISTING paying customers.

Who needs to participate in an event next time, when we now know that these items will only be added to the cash shop not to long afterwards. Kinda stupid to waste a ton of REAL money when u can gain it later for a much cheaper price.
  • bronza
    bronza Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    While it is annoying to all who spent the time thinking that they were getting rare flying mounts, please put more skill points into reading comprehension, they never said the flying mounts were rare or exclusive just Midnight which they blantanly ripped from WoW. says even on their event page

"Jolly Old Jones will be giving out free temporary Halloween Costumes to everyone, as well as the chance to get a new exclusive in-game mount, Midnight."

Why Bronza does that say mount as in singular not plural? why yes, yes it does. MOUNT notice the lack of an s an further more up looking at the structure of the sentence we see this noun MOUNT is even named with a proper noun MIDNIGHT. And the adjectives exclusive goes with the noun MOUNT that has been identified as the proper noun MIDNIGHT.

So for those that like to say rare notice the lack of the adjective rare as well as the lack of adjective FLYING to describe the exclusive mount, hell it aint even used to mention anything on the page it was just a prize that you got a cash shop item first and for free so stop whining. Dont believe me here's the sight.

http://www.perfectworld.com/news/show/halloween-event--371

never says on their event page that the flying mounts were exclusive or rare.

so are you going to whine that other prizes like Common Citrine Shard,Common Garnet Shard, Common Sapphire Shard, and Common Amber Shard can be bought from a NPC in game, you just happened to get them as luck of the draw in hopes you would win Midnight.

sucks to be you guess I can just by Nakir's Judgement if I want rather then farm up the money.

Sorry you fail @ reading

stop whining kk thx buh bye
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    bronza wrote: »
    please put more skill points into reading comprehension

*clap clap clap* Don't blame PW for "false advertising" blame your teachers for not teaching you proper reading comprehension.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    @pinkpeach

The midnight horse isn't exactly a unique idea in any game it has appeared in. Its just a black, spectral steed.

@About the release of the flying stuffs

I think they should have at least waited a month or so before releasing in CS. <_< People are mad because those who did not play any other version of PW weren't aware that they'd be in the CS. Like myself, I figured they'd just be event releases only. (I'm not that mad though since I only wanted midnight anyways) But the way that things were executed made people believe they were rare, and that's why people put like 30-40+ dollars into doing the event to get them.

In general, most unreleased things that appear in events aren't usually released for purchase later. xD So I can see why people are angry. Still, I think it would have behooved the company more to just release NEW mounts. It would have made sales go up, too. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    First of all you shouldn't have spent that much money on something for a game that you might not have gotten lol im sorry.... it was a rare GIFT.... there was just a chance for you to get it as a reward for that quest. This would be good for people who got it on there first or second try, or without trying much to get it. I personally think they should have had alittle more of a chance for people to get the flying mounts but limited you on the amount of times you could do the quest. So you could do the quest, lets say 10 times, and get nothing or you could get it on ur first try, that is the rarity, that is the luck. I love that they put them in the cash shop because I was not lucky enough to get one after 10 tries. Think of this as if you were buying raffle tickets to win something, you may or may not win it but either way you dont get your money back and you could probably go out and buy whatever you wanted. I see no problem with the way they are handling this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Its the person's choice whether they want to spend that much on an event, and many people probably spent more because they wanted these 'rare' things. I am not claiming that's what hte mounts are allegedly supposde to be, just the way things were ran made many people believe they were rare.

You can't chock it up to 'Oh they just didn't read', because a hefty portion of the server were after them, even trading midnight (Who is rare and exclusive) for them.

I spent roughly 40 dollars on the event myself, and got a pair of the wings in my first 10 tries, a couple armor boxes and a weapon box, and lots of halloween cake (Which is useful to me) and I npced the candies to make a good amount of coins, which later allowed me to trade my wings and a few hundred k to get midnight.

I don't regret participating (Because it was a helpful boost in the game and I got what I wanted), but I know because of the hype, people may feel cheated because the mounts appeared in cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • bronza
    edited November 2008
    Options
    But Bombchu you CAN get choked up on the "They didnt read" part beacuse they DIDN'T READ they have no reason to complain it was there plain as day. First time I saw the window and said "oh look a 'special exclusive mount called Midnight', that looks not that amazing just their horse model with flaming hooves."
    Not "oh look an exclusive really cool flying sword that's all firey looking rather then just blue energy call Nakir's Judgement."

If they are going to assume that they are rare and exclusive cause everyone else wanted them well thats their fault you shouldn't assume. And yes alot of people were trading midnight for them cause, at least on my server it seemed like every 2 seconds some one was recieving midnight and hardly saw the flying mounts. Hell personally I even tried a couple times for midnight to trade for them cause honestly I didn't want Midnight (I think there are cooler mounts available), so was I getting the short end of the stick if I got that and traded it for a none exclusive thing sure. But I didn't care I wanted Nakir's Judgement not Midnight.

There was nothing shady about how this event was run or anything people pulled the wool over their own eye's and fooled themselves. AS to the quick release of the new flying mounts, ok so it was quick but probably in response that more people wanted those then midnight it seemed, so if you want it that bad you'll spend real money and then heck they make a buck or two to put some bread on the table, know what I mean? I'd call that a smart business move cause people are willing to pay how do you think things like WoW are still around? Same great game no matter how many months you keep paying for it. Even when people are max level and pretty much have everything they will still pay to play just waiting for the next release of content. You can't tell me that if people were willing to pay you stupid amounts of money for a bunch of pixels cause it looks cool and people are willing to spend that you wouldn't do it.

With that being said though the reputation this company recieves all around on the forums and stuff makes them seem less then reputable so that probably doesn't help matters. But still if yall wanna fool yourselves and blame some one else be my guest just realize your only making a fool and a jerk of yourself.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm just going to paste what I posted on another site, as it sums up basically how I'm feeling, from someone who spent very, very little on the event:

One of the reasons I've switched over to PW-MS and will stick there until I find out how they're going to run their Cash Shop.

I knew without a doubt this would happen but what I DIDN'T expect was for it to be so soon after Halloween. "Haha, you might've just blown $100 on Guardian Angels trying to get one of these mounts that we made seem would only be available via the event, but now we've put them in the shop for a third of that price!" I don't know exactly how much the new aerogear costs, I won't even log in and look.

Honestly, I grow less and less fond of how PWi is run every day that passes. The GMs over there really aren't all that great either, compared to others, with their dodging of important questions and vague answers to the really not-so-important ones. Also, the restricted content in PWi and them trying to blag it off as a 'treat' or an 'expansion'.. oh dear lord, don't get me started.

Well, they've lost one customer who was willing to pay often for their rediculous prices. The way they handle everything else coupled with the prices.. ugh.

--

I'm well aware that this post will probably get me flames, but ah well. It's how I'm feeling at this point in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I have an idea to show you all how absurd it is to participate in these events....

Everyone mail me in-game 100k, and i will give .00000347% of you a midnight mount, other will receive nothing at all, or a large hp/mp pot.

Would you do that? No, but somehow you're stupid enough to do it if its an npc.
  • bronza
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Now Cosmos has a good point in that alot of people spent alot of money on Guardian Angels, unless they really like to farm coinage. Those people spent real money in large quantities and may have gotten nothing of remote value to themselves. But I still say if you got a flying mount and wanna complain well I look at it as you bought it and paid extra to get it before the release date. Though yes they could have for warned yall about them becoming Cash shops, I'll be nice and grant you that, but then you may have only spent 20 dollars rather then like 100 in the cash shop. Thats kinda shady but what do you expect from a company that everyone is declaring as some sort of satan incarnate?

I'll defend the company saying they need to make money but I ain't going to defend sly business dealings. Thats what creates poor customer support. But I wont let yall trash talk the company no matter how evil for releasing the mounts into the cash shop. They did it it's done, deal with it, if you were stupid enough to not understand the ads they made and let others fool you into thinking the flying mounts were exclusive you deserve to be ripped off. And thats what the original post was about and sorry but yall are wrong aint nothing wrong there on the companies end.

Also cosmos good point on the gm's here submitting an in game ticket is useless and emailing at least I got help though it took a while...around the point I stopped caring was when I got a response.