halloween flying mounts in cash shop?

Options

Comments

• mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Let's just never participate in the events again. I didn't spend any money on the event, but I see it all as just a scam too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    Psychotic - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well there were specific items to the event like midnight and exp neck and belt. But some events are pointless like the giveaway who wants a DS lol. Weird part about that is they could give me a ds and i would play that instead of PW lol.

As Original sin said its a cooperation based in California and i found on google they have 1k-4999 employess so you have to think its all about profit. They have to pay their employees, upkeep the servers, and so on. I only wish i could program like them and make something so awesome. Look how good of a job they did... we are all looking through the forum during downtime...
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............HAHAHAHA

u mean to tell me that some people couldn't see this coming? rofl, once again proves "A fool & his money are soon parted"b:chuckle
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Vixenish - Heavens Tear
    Vixenish - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    if this is a "bata" the gm's probably dont get payed. me and my bf GM on a WoW bata server for free. not saying they dont get payed. but u never know if its 100% true if they do or not.
  • deadlysin
    deadlysin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    basically stating that yeah it sucks...you can be mad...so u can be happy too...so just say oh well tough luck and laugh about it cause it happened to us along with buncha others lol......kinda proves real life issues...no matter how hard you try in life to turn things around some things are just meant to be....bad people or people who dont deserve will luck out more then those in need or are good....just smile...works for me lol ^_^
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    if this is a "bata" the gm's probably dont get payed. me and my bf GM on a WoW bata server for free. not saying they dont get payed. but u never know if its 100% true if they do or not.

its not beta anymore.. its like permanent beta. they are getting paid and i even looked at what jobs they are hiring for. One i found was a marketing manager.
  • deadlysin
    deadlysin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    lol mogwai
  • Faymire - Sanctuary
    Faymire - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    o_o welcome to the world of free to play game. Its usay how it goes for any free to play game. Companys have to make money somehow to keep their game running. IF they arnt going to make you pay for your account to play. =<
    edited November 2008
    Options
    deadlysin wrote: »
    basically stating that yeah it sucks...you can be mad...so u can be happy too...so just say oh well tough luck and laugh about it cause it happened to us along with buncha others lol......kinda proves real life issues...no matter how hard you try in life to turn things around some things are just meant to be....bad people or people who dont deserve will luck out more then those in need or are good....just smile...works for me lol ^_^

i dont laugh thigns off as easily as u... i kick **** before i will laugh it off as a loss. i think this is bs. and should be changed before servers come back up. but as already stated this game is greedya dn wont change it so they can keep making a profit.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    the only none rip off free to playgame i have played was RUNESCAPE. yea yea laugh all u want but atleast tehy dont rip people off. 5$ a month to play to get extra thigns in the game. more perfessions, areas to paly in, skills, armor, etc. and they dont try to take extra money for events. there events have items for only the people who participated and bothered to get on while they were going on.

so people laugh all u want at RuneScape. atleast that game isnt a rip off..

and that said not ALL free to play games are rip offs
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    granted that they have they're payrolls to meet, however, they make quite enough out of cash shop as is. you gotta figure that 1 person spends roughly 5-10 dollars in cash shop when they go into it, the amopunt of people on PWI server that pay that almost every day to play this game should take care of payroll and leave the corp. with a little something in their pockets. and the number of people keep going up with new people added to the player database every day. that being said, the event WAS a cash grab and intended for the corp to have a little extra bonus for the holidays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    o_o welcome to the world of free to play game. Its usay how it goes for any free to play game. Companys have to make money somehow to keep their game running. IF they arnt going to make you pay for your account to play. =<

Exactly.

They have to make money or there is no game. Does anyone here own a business? There are many things that cost..
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That was a really stupid move, i will just wait for the midnight to show up for sale too.
    Thats just a reminder to all of us to not waste money on their events, the "rare" stuff will be just put on sale later on.

Midnight is an extremely rare mount and will not be sold in the cash shop anytime soon.

This thread is being moved to the Cash Shop Discussion forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Options
    thanks Xaefox. one of the few decent gm's on this game. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to u and ur family :)
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    the only none rip off free to playgame i have played was RUNESCAPE. yea yea laugh all u want but atleast tehy dont rip people off. 5$ a month to play to get extra thigns in the game. more perfessions, areas to paly in, skills, armor, etc. and they dont try to take extra money for events. there events have items for only the people who participated and bothered to get on while they were going on.

so people laugh all u want at RuneScape. atleast that game isnt a rip off..

and that said not ALL free to play games are rip offs

have you seen the graphics in runescape? or anyother free game for that matter. Go play Conquer online and you will see a greedy company
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Midnight is an extremely rare mount and will not be sold in the cash shop anytime soon.

b:laugh .
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

Haha, anytime soon eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    why wouldd i be mentioning runescape if i didnt paly it.. i played it fo over 4 years. yea the graphics may be lacking. but its a game. its fun u can meet people. it gives u somethign to do and its not a rip off.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I have to say you all fail.

P.S. Most of these items will end up in the cashmall anyway, with maybe exception to the horse, but many items will be added, and you better PRAY that they give us a Christmas event after you all acted like spoiled rotten Rubes, because you defintely do not deserve it.

Here is the post in its entirety. Its your mistake to use real money, and just HAVE to get an item the day it comes out.

This is my last warning....

1. Event items WILL be added to the cash mall, with only a few exceptions.

2. You have to be pretty stupid to buy an event item the day it comes out.

This is twice I have warned.
  • Fawksi - Sanctuary
    Fawksi - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    After having spent over 100$ in these first two months I played the game I have to say I am not surprised.
    PW is easily the most expensive "free to play" I ever played and as soon as I'm out of gold and not able to buy charms for coin anymore I'm quitting this game. Other free 2 play games at least have the odd event that is just for fun, GM's spawning bosses all over the place, tons of noobs dying trying to kill them etc- this game is trying to keep you poor from the very beginning and all events are only being held with the purpose to make more money; epic fail at hiding that fact too.

Game with alot of potential but you're just too greedy, not tolerable anymore, sorry.
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options

Here is the post in its entirety. Its your mistake to use real money, and just HAVE to get an item the day it comes out.

This is my last warning....

1. Event items WILL be added to the cash mall, with only a few exceptions.

2. You have to be pretty stupid to buy an event item the day it comes out.

This is twice I have warned.

Very smart Pyreon. \

All FTP MMO are this way get used to it or go pay for WOW
  • phuquit
    phuquit Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    sry then u were correct. most games hole events to show people who are "veterans" to the game. giving them limited time items that u can only obtain at the time. or if someone sells them.

being around for a event is supost to be comething to give u a edge on newer players. having superior items from events.

not jsut give them away later for almost nothing.
    Vix, you have the whole thing backwards...
    The event gave everyone a chance to win the items "for almost nothing". Now that they are going to the cash shop (keyword: cash), people will have to spend money to get them.

Basically, you're whining because you spent your life's savings buying lottery tickets and, lo and behold, you failed to get good value for your money. Lotteries are a tax on the poor and the greedy. Nobody *forced* you to spend all that money to obtain the event items, yet you are calling the devs greedy because they took the money you threw at them in your pursuit to obtain all the event prizes.

*insert gif of Nelson Muntz here*
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    After having spent over 100$ in these first two months I played the game I have to say I am not surprised.
    PW is easily the most expensive "free to play" I ever played and as soon as I'm out of gold and not able to buy charms for coin anymore I'm quitting this game. Other free 2 play games at least have the odd event that is just for fun, GM's spawning bosses all over the place, tons of noobs dying trying to kill them etc- this game is trying to keep you poor from the very beginning and all events are only being held with the purpose to make more money; epic fail at hiding that fact too.

Game with alot of potential but you're just too greedy, not tolerable anymore, sorry.

Conquer online is worse. I know idiots that spent over 10,000 USD. so 100 is not bad.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ive been ahving alot of fun with this game. i even went to the extent of canceling my WoW account and telling my boyfriend and friends i wouldnt be coming back for expansion. THANK GOD my bf told me i was a idiot and bought me the expansion anyways. this game will definatly be put on the back burner on friday when i recieve my expansion pack. i rather take boring **** WoW over this greedy **** game anyday. although i will sitll play. just not spend any money in cash shop.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options

You are level three and have spent $100?

Not the most expnesive...I have not spent a single penny, and have a mount, my Holt Hall weapon, all my equipment is stoned, and have plenty of mats to make more money.

At two months, you shouldnt be lvl 3, and if that is not your main character, maybe sticking with one will help you start to see some money.

You are one to talk about greed, you HAVE to have everything evidently. $100? Damn, is all I have to say.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    phuquit wrote: »
    Vix, you have the whole thing backwards...
    The event gave everyone a chance to win the items "for almost nothing". Now that they are going to the cash shop (keyword: cash), people will have to spend money to get them.

Basically, you're whining because you spent your life's savings buying lottery tickets and, lo and behold, you failed to get good value for your money. Lotteries are a tax on the poor and the greedy. Nobody *forced* you to spend all that money to obtain the event items, yet you are calling the devs greedy because they took the money you threw at them in your pursuit to obtain all the event prizes.

*insert gif of Nelson Muntz here*

"people will ahve to spend money to get them" WTF do u think i did buyign angels.

btw 100$ definatly isnt my life savings....
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You are level three and have spent $100?

Not the most expnesive...I have not spent a single penny, and have a mount, my Holt Hall weapon, all my equipment is stoned, and have plenty of mats to make more money.

At two months, you shouldnt be lvl 3, and if that is not your main character, maybe sticking with one will help you start to see some money.

You are one to talk about greed, you HAVE to have everything evidently. $100? Damn, is all I have to say.

its obviously a alt.. u have to be lvl 10 to charge zen to ur account
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Very smart Pyreon. \

All FTP MMO are this way get used to it or go pay for WOW

I think you completely misunderstood what I said, or didn't take the time to read it before commenting, or are you speaking to me and others?

I am not complaining, nor do I want any of these items, only telling people they will be added, and that I have stated this before, and that no one has the right to get their panties in a wad if they havent read the forums.

I am saying the exact same thing you are.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

Yall did make a mistake.im pretty angry about this.I will never again spend money on any events ever again to get that really cool item that noone else has,I will just wait till it's sold in the botique.Yes im pretty angry about this.im sure many Paying players are seriously losing Respect for the way your doing things.

When you stop caring about what your customers are complaining about, you soon start losing customers.

This game is not a "wow" you couldnt even get 6k people to sign your stupid myspace thing and this game cannot afford to lose the respect of it's paying population.Please rethink your strategy! I really like this game and dont wanna see it go **** up in a year.

Sincerly!
    20 year mmorpg vet
  • Xwindravenx - Sanctuary
    Xwindravenx - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    b:flower Perfect world has been a game I have always went back to... This mount deal I see is a great profit for the game as to growing to meet the mylasian server... The Mylasian server has a great deal if features and this game seems to be going beond that... The money you spent helped the creators make it possible to get the expantion going and helps you all get nice events in game as to they dont need anymore money for sertian upgrades... You know how much money it is to keep up the servers???

b:flower Too much and you all help make it possible to keep em going... If you are sooo worried on how much you are spending then dont spend sooo much at one time save up and study the forums and the game... It helps. This game is one of the best but if you all keep complaning then theres gonna be an issue like World of Kungfu econemy uprising... The Creators of this game has done a real great deal in the econemy for the game and im glad... Read all the forums for this game and then go cheak WOKF you will see that this game is doing a great deal to Grow and you all are doing well at keeping it all up... I know this is alot to read but if you really want to know my opinion pls read...

b:flower All this talk about the mounts and stuff always always wait a while till you spend real money in a game its like a ps3 and all consols you realise that later on it gets lower in price and better things come out with it or not even with it another system comes out and it has better features and games for free... Well... FTP <Free To Play> Games are like that and the creators know just how to do it... I dont see many people going to the ps3 company complaning about prices on the system much because most smart people would wait for it to lower or something better...

Thank you all for reading this message I hope it helps...

Your Elven Friend: Raven b:cool