halloween flying mounts in cash shop?

Options
Vixenish - Heavens Tear
Vixenish - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Cash Shop Huddle
okay so i came to look on the forums while the server is down.and saw new news about "three new flying mounts in the cash shop!"

all of the mounts in the pic are the halloween event ones...

now im sure all of the people who spent real life money and or alot of ingame money on this event would be very very mad to see these items in the cash shop for a fraction of what they payed to get them..

i tryed clicking on it for information but i guess it hasnt been done yet.

so has anyone sene hte add heard more info on it or a gm want to explain a little bit? because it mad eme a litle mad seeing as i spent like 100$ on this event along with atleast 5mil ingame for the stupid angels to get the wings... (had to then buy them for 2mil anyways)
Post edited by Vixenish - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vixenish - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    they just put up the info and it is true all of hte flying mounts are in the cash shop.. im very very angry right now....
  • Muzai - Sanctuary
    Muzai - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yeah removes any desire for me to participate in future events knowing that I can just wait and spend 1/100th of the cash to get the item in CS a couple weeks later. This just saves me cash in the future. Stupid idea to see those mounts.

Thanks guys for helping me save cash on the next event you hold :)
    edited November 2008
    Options
    what is hte point in holding a event and let people get "rare" items if in 2 weeks ur going ot make it so everyone could get them.. i spent do much money on them thinking "okay well ill have something rare finally not many people will have htem in a year or so" i bet there like 10$ in the cash shop...

god why hold a event just put them in the cash shop. this just proves yall are jsut out for money.

Thank you for letting me know so i stop spending ANY money in the cash shop.
  • Inmani - Lost City
    Inmani - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I personally was participating in the Halloween Event so I could get the Midnight mount. I happened to win one of the new flying mounts and even now seeing them added to the cash shop, I'm happy to see them as an addition.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yea well ur mount is being given to people for nothing..
  • Inmani - Lost City
    Inmani - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    yea well ur mount is being given to people for nothing..

lol for nothing? I'm pretty sure that they're gonna sell them for an arm and a leg. At least for the 2mil you payed in coins for it.
  • deadlysin
    deadlysin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i say at least 30-40g for them then watch them decrease the value after they have a massive slow down on buyers, so many will buy again at lower cost.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    the 100$ in RL money for zen aloong with 5mil in angels ingame and then 2mil... thats about 170$ in RL. they will probably be in there for 20-30gold.. they wanted to soak up money witht he event saying that they were "Rare" and now just taking our money and giving it to poeple for a fraction of the price jsut to get more money. the items will most likely not have any ingame value other then the gold value.

im really sad i started this game now. i wanted to come and play to have fun.. this game is sexist and jsut a rip off.

greedy people run this game.

all they want is ur money. yes i know its a "free to play" game and they have to make there money some how but thats is jsut a damn rip off to everyone who participated in the halloween event
  • deadlysin
    edited November 2008
    Options
    by doing this should increase market value for those that have the flying mounts. thats part of their motive, thats my guess at least. both in game impact and outside....ouch..that sucks!
    edited November 2008
    Options
    deadlysin wrote: »
    i say at least 30-40g for them then watch them decrease the value after they have a massive slow down on buyers, so many will buy again at lower cost.

its not the point how much they are in the cahs shop. they were supost to be RARE TO THE PEROPEL WHO PARTICIPATED and got them.or bought them at the time of the event.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That was a really stupid move, i will just wait for the midnight to show up for sale too.
    Thats just a reminder to all of us to not waste money on their events, the "rare" stuff will be just put on sale later on.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    the people who now have them are just the "models" showing off the items so more people want them.. this whole game is a rip off
  • deadlysin
    edited November 2008
    Options
    thats what i mean.....which proves my point...as well as yours....in it for the money...not entertainment.
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    Psychotic - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yay! i new this was going to happen, wasnt sure I thought they were going to wait until the expansion.

Also i heard from a my player that it is a CS item in PW-MY ( but midnight isnt :)

Thats the thing about free to play they profit by making you want something and making it hard to get at first. Then after they make 1 million USD off every one tryin to get it they add it for less so its not as rare anymore. But they will keep adding thats the best part about free to play they always want you to stay interested. But beware patience is a virtue.
  • Psychotic - Lost City
    Psychotic - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    thats what i mean.....which proves my point...as well as yours....in it for the money...not entertainment.

you would be in it for the money too..

you are telling me this game is not entertaining?
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It is rather low of them to hold a raffle with "elite" prizes and then add them to the Cash Shop a few weeks later. I didn't even win anything from the Halloween raffle, only wasted 300k really, and I find it quite sleezy.

Although I can't claim I was shocked or anything. Greed seems to be PW's operating basis. You learn very quickly to never buy anything new and to never partake in any raffles of any sort or you get very broke, very fast.

I'm personally going to wait until they release mounts after these ones, when they've reduced the price, before I buy anything. Patience is a life-saver in this game. b:victory
    b:bye RETIRED
    edited November 2008
    Options

sry then u were correct. most games hole events to show people who are "veterans" to the game. giving them limited time items that u can only obtain at the time. or if someone sells them.

being around for a event is supost to be comething to give u a edge on newer players. having superior items from events.

not jsut give them away later for almost nothing.
  • deadlysin
    edited November 2008
    Options
    true say psychotic i played MY-EN server and they are CS items. but midnight is only for PWI i think.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    all i know is dont do the recruting event.. wont be long after thats over that the black raptor is in the cash shop for 40g... after they make a minimum of 200 USD on the 10 friends u recruted that had to buy zen.
  • mynameisjoe
    mynameisjoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    sorry to say but..1 word for you .....

OWNED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baralai - Heavens Tear
    Baralai - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think the new stuff is going to be added in this server update aside from removing Jonas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Vixenish, the reason why some of us didnt bother with the halloween event is becuase we saw it as nothing more than a ploy for cash, that being said, had i been you or one of the probable couple hundred others that spent over 100$ getting these thing, i would be pretty pissed too. just keep in mind that PWI while a fun "free" game, is also run by a corporation. that being said, 90% if not more of the events will be money ploys where the specialty items will come out in cash shop about a week after the event is over with. my advice? dont participate in future events if all its gonna be is a cash grab. worst case scenario- there actually was an item or two that was specific to that event only. however like i said before, 90% of events are cash grabs... so yeah....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • deadlysin
    edited November 2008
    Options
    you would be in it for the money too..

you are telling me this game is not entertaining?

not saying that. game is entertaining for sure. but at least come out with something new. lol
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i was still new when the evetn came out. only playing for a couple of weeks. i didnt know this game was run by all scammers till myspace event and now.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    not saying that. game is entertaining for sure. but at least come out with something new. lol

only fun this game is is seeing the pissed off poeple on the forums like me ><
  • Baralai - Heavens Tear
    Baralai - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    only fun this game is is seeing the pissed off poeple on the forums like me ><

Well at least now you know an you won't make the same mistake againb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    as i stated above, 90% of events run by a corporation are nothign but cash grabs anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    lol yeh, no more wasting cash on events of pwi haha, seem they will be in cash shop later at a much much much (this goes on...) lower rate xD x3
    x_x
  • deadlysin
    edited November 2008
    Options
    your not the only person lol i am too im just as mad...but its funny at the same time...i also spent over 100 + 5mil in game all i got is 2 flying mounts and 2 gold headless items. tried for midnight but nothing...made 5mil from flying mounts(even out my ingame moeny) and a bunch of candy lol so i was mad....i blew 200+ angels in a row and got nothing ....spent 5 after being broke and got 2 mounts outta 5 lol sucky huh?
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i know a cash grab. but why make it so they are a reduced price for everyone. im not bitching cuz i spent the 100$ i had fun with the event. im bithcing baout me spending 100$ then 2 weeks later being bale to buy them for less then half of that. and without all of the "lotto" that went along with the event. its a 100% garenteed thats what ur getting when u buy it fromt he cash shop. not hte 1/30? chance with a 10% or elss rate for the item from the event