Servers Going Down!

Comments

• Def - Heavens Tear
    Def - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the info panda, the whole PW-team is doing a great job.

Cant wait to get PW'in again :D
  • Arkantasa - Lost City
    Arkantasa - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Look Everybody, It's The Stereotypical Internet Antagonist Who Supports The Idea Of General Interet Idiocy And Foolishness....yay!

.. o-o do u even realise what you've just said? or do u live in a grave?
    LOL HAHAHA
  • everyone
    everyone Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ok kinda off topic but a tech question.. How do i get one of those avatars?
    I Believe Perfect World can be the best MMORPG in history... With a few upgrades. b:victory
  • pwsuckshard
    pwsuckshard Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    S
    t
    o
    p

I
    g
    n
    o
    r
    e

M
    e
  • twogunz
    twogunz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Definitions of poo on the Web:

(and variations such as **** and poopie)
    www.bigpedia.com/encyclopedia/List_of_euphemisms

Evidence that is determinative of truth in relation to an Assertion that a particular Entity is the appropriate possessor of a Credential. ...
    www.anu.edu.au/people/Roger.Clarke/EC/IdAuthGloss.html

A project-oriented organisation defines
  • Miss_take - Sanctuary
    Miss_take - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    From having worked in situations like this before, I'd say that 'soon' is 'as soon as it actually works' which could be 5 minutes or 5 days, depending upon what's actually wrong.
  • Lovefur - Sanctuary
    Lovefur - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thank You Panda!! b:laugh
  • Suzuno - Heavens Tear
    Suzuno - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    everyone wrote: »
    ok kinda off topic but a tech question.. How do i get one of those avatars?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=67941
  • twogunz
    twogunz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Definitions of bean on the Web:

any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae used for food
    any of various seeds or fruits that are beans or resemble beans
    any of various leguminous plants grown for their edible seeds and pods
    hit on the head, especially with a pitched baseball
    attic: informal terms for a human head
  • Grave - Lost City
    Grave - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    .. o-o do u even realise what you've just said? or do u live in a grave?
    LOL HAHAHA

Can that even be considered a pun?
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm sorry I acted out of line, but I think anyone who has eyes can see that I was flamed first for a harmless joke.

I mean don't "forum masters" and other uses say the same thing to people that jump into the middle of a thread?

and wtf is 4chan? lol
  • greybush
    greybush Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    and a r00b is a "rube" in 1337 speak....

Rube (n)

1 : an awkward unsophisticated person : rustic
    2 : a naive or inexperienced person
    3 : Grave

thank you pyreon. I was afraid I was going to have to field that one, or be the only other person who knew what rube meant. I actually found that to be rather cleaver *pilfer*.

Anyways, what people have to understand is that as the panda mentioned, "OPEN BETA". That means these things happen and it's all to make the game better. And yes, I know that most f2p mmo's say open beta for pretty much their entire lives but here's what you need to understand.

1. Open Beta means bugs, report them, but to gripe incessantly only makes others gripe.

2. Rollbacks happen too. It's a necessary thing, and take it from someone who has beta tested plenty of money-sinking commercial games, the more you complain the less anyone cares.

3. Just imagine if this was a beta for oh, I dunno, World of warcraft 2 or whatever. You have any idea how many times the devs just do a server wipe, where everyone loses everything and has to start from square one. My record was three server wipes in a week.

4. It's a game.....and a free one at that. All the money they get from this game comes from the cash store. Games like these tend to have a smaller number of devs and designers, usually working for or close to nil. Can you make a game? No? I didn't think so.

SO be patient, change your diapers and commend them for catching the bug within a half hour instead of waiting a couple of days.

That is all...
  • seraphimus
    seraphimus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    wtf is 4chan?

and it wasn't a typo of n00b. I don't use leet, but it seemed funny at the time, still does.

I didn't "pick fun at any person", just jokingly telling everyone I had nothing else to do.

and wtf is 4chan?
    in case you missed it

heh, phallus.. hehheh... AHAHAHAHA... that was actually pretty damn funny ^^ you just cheered me right up. and i apologize i was not trying to be as offensive as it sounded,

i just really really dont like leet...maybe because ive seen it so horribly abused that i can actually read it *shudders* leet gives me nightmares

and

4chan... your better off not knowing you lucky sum(NSFW WORD)

and i did see you wree flamed first
    It was a joke seraphallus...

XD b:laugh that was a good one... still is
  • Trixen - Heavens Tear
    Trixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    pwsuckshard, you have the biggest target on your head right now that is saying "make fun of me and my neediness".

These temptations are unbearable. However I shall refrain, so as to not cause any more trouble on the forum. However I doubt all will be as silent as me. :x
  • Jim_mcfierce - Heavens Tear
    Jim_mcfierce - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    S
    t
    o
    p

I
    g
    n
    o
    r
    e

M
    e

you probably can't log in with your old account cos you probably got blocked cos you insist on spamming the wrong threads...
  • traxxxtra
    traxxxtra Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Like i still dont get it AND i still cant log in the GAMEEEEEE !!!!!!! b:angry all the servers doesnt show statues and stuff . wat do i have to dooo LOL im comfiused !?!?!?!?!
  • ilooki
    ilooki Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Why are the servers down but is the frontpage of www.perfectworld.com showing green balls and saying theyre online??
    b:cute
  • Grave - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    I'm sorry I acted out of line, but I think anyone who has eyes can see that I was flamed first for a harmless joke.

I mean don't "forum masters" and other uses say the same thing to people that jump into the middle of a thread?

and wtf is 4chan? lol

A website that glorifies bad internet language and consists of users who think it's cool to type like tards, your lulz thing just pissed me off when I saw it...I thought I was free of that sht with PW...it plagues the sht out of WoW...a game I used to play.
  • Arkantasa - Lost City
    Arkantasa - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Can that even be considered a pun?

.... are you a pun?
  • pwsuckshard
    edited October 2008
    you probably can't log in with your old account cos you probably got blocked cos you insist on spamming the wrong threads...

Ive never used my Forum account before, only logged in to the game 2 times. Now the server is down so i cant log in to the game or the forum account. =_=
  • Muzai - Sanctuary
    Muzai - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well being a holloween event i suppose that is the "Trick" and not the treat
  • chelley
    chelley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Please stop with the joking around.

Servers might be coming up soon b:victory

I hear a lot of people claiming that the GMs fix the servers and play items in the cash shop. Now since I have played so many MMOs I actually lost count and I am in college in an IT and had computer programming/networking I think the GMs have nothing to do with the servers or what is placed in an item shop/CS. I may have missed my mark but all the games I've played and my classes tend to lead to the fact it's server techs that handle the fixes, patches, server crashes, and etc.

And it could be worse than waiting on a server fix, it could be a complete server crash or even worse the end of this game. So, stop panicing over a time delay, these people are working their hindends off no doubt to get you back in the game as quickly as they can.

On the funny side I enjoyed a few laughs reading this forum. Better than Jerry Springer!

Happy Gaming when the servers are revived.b:laugh
  • seraphimus
    seraphimus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    A website that glorifies bad internet language and consists of users who think it's cool to type like tards, your lulz thing just pissed me off when I saw it...I thought I was free of that sht with PW...it plagues the sht out of WoW...a game I used to play.

it plagues the sht out of the entire internet *sigh* just like the dramwiki
    It was a joke seraphallus...

XD b:laugh that was a good one... still is
  • golem34
    golem34 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    now they are red:S
  • Grave - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    .... are you a pun?

Are you on crack?
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    A very light-hearted joke, you took waayyyyy out of context, or wait...you were only pissed because of lulz?

lulz xD
  • Dawnofblades - Heavens Tear
    Dawnofblades - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    chelley wrote: »
    I hear a lot of people claiming that the GMs fix the servers and play items in the cash shop. Now since I have played so many MMOs I actually lost count and I am in college in an IT and had computer programming/networking I think the GMs have nothing to do with the servers or what is placed in an item shop/CS. I may have missed my mark but all the games I've played and my classes tend to lead to the fact it's server techs that handle the fixes, patches, server crashes, and etc.

And it could be worse than waiting on a server fix, it could be a complete server crash or even worse the end of this game. So, stop panicing over a time delay, these people are working their hindends off no doubt to get you back in the game as quickly as they can.

On the funny side I enjoyed a few laughs reading this forum. Better than Jerry Springer!

Happy Gaming when the servers are revived.b:laugh
    Only difference is that Jerry Springer is scripted and this is just really Live! :P
  • pwsuckshard
    edited October 2008
    pwsuckshard, you have the biggest target on your head right now that is saying "make fun of me and my neediness".

These temptations are unbearable. However I shall refrain, so as to not cause any more trouble on the forum. However I doubt all will be as silent as me. :x

All i can say is, Muffins.
  • Grave - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    seraphimus wrote: »
    it plagues the sht out of the entire internet *sigh* just like the dramwiki

It should change eventually, surely people are starting to stop and think "HEY, I'VE BEEN ACTING LIKE A REAL JERKFACE I THINK IT'S TIME TO STOP!" ...but i doubt it.
This discussion has been closed.