Servers Going Down!

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
For a quick fix, check back in 30 mins here please.
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What exactly went wrong Panda? This seems unusual.
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well thats just lame a quick fix isnt 30 minutes long. whats the problem?
  • sagon
    sagon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Turn off the stupid duke spaming msg i hope
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Indeed you've left us curious. :(

Can you give us any info at all? :x My best guess is to change the red text to something filterable or to only say when people get the best items...
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • xxxdavidxxx
    xxxdavidxxx Posts: 1
    edited October 2008
    30 minutes i cant wait that long T-T
  • Catandra - Lost City
    Catandra - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Normally, I don't say much in the forums of any game I play. Most of the time it just leads to a lot of un-needed drama, but this annoyed me. Is there not a way you can inform us in-game that the servers are going down?

The server can spam the message of people getting the Halloween treats for all to see, why I have no idea, but regardless, ever think to use this for useful information, like... The server will be down for half an hour for more maintenance beginning in 5 minutes.

The main problem I have always found with free MMORPG's is they lack customer service. You have a great product here. Normally I am bored within a few days of free MMO's, but this one I like. I'd hate to see it ruined by a total lack of respect for your player-base. One sentence over global chat in a unique color to identify server information is all that's needed.

Customer service equals happy players equal happy players buying yen equals PWI head honchos making bookoo bucks.

Sounds like sound advice to me.

Catandra
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Catandra - Venomancer - Lost City
    Teamwork is doing everything you need to do in a day, then doing one thing for someone else. What have you done for someone else today?
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They did announce it. I logged as soon as I saw just gave a warning in guildchat that the servers are going down first.
  • Suzuno - Heavens Tear
    Suzuno - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    T_T I hope this didn't hurt my zen transfer.
    and I hope you get rid of the server spamming. after a couple minutes it started to hurt.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    We can not discuss server downtime issues. For one thing, we weren't expecting so many players either!!! Which is a good thing.

We had GMs broadcast across all three servers in the system broadcast (shows up at the top middle of your screen) 2 minutes before the servers were taken down.

Lag may have slowed this message down for some of you.

Thank you for helping to test the open beta of PWI! b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Angelicrose - Heavens Tear
    Angelicrose - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well it would be nice of y'll well that we know why the server had to go offline all of a sudden (QuickFix huh) :P hehe oh well. Keep up the good work ^^
  • Mewmewpew - Lost City
    Mewmewpew - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Cool if this was the Open Beta! What the fixe will be? I know that you can't speak but will you repair the lag issue?

Mewmewpew,Lost City.
  • everyone
    everyone Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well i hope no adjustments are being made to the winning percentage cause i spammed a few guardians and didn't get anything..

Hopefully they are making it easier to click the Jolly Old Jones cause its really ridiculous how many people are around it.

P.S. I really want to win a flying sword omg they look so cool.. Put in a good word for me GM's :D
    I Believe Perfect World can be the best MMORPG in history... With a few upgrades. b:victory
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gee thats pretty silly.....were not testing it were playing it. if this is gonna be nothing but like a CB and our characters get wiped then wahts the point in playing it and spending cash on zen? or boutique items? wouldnt be none.

Yeah also seems to me like the gifts were rigged anyways.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Whine, whine, complain. Jeez people don't handle 'surprises' very well do they? It's really not -that- big of a deal. It's a free game, they do what they can!

Keep up the good work, PW. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Xraiden - Lost City
    Xraiden - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    everyone wrote: »
    Well i hope no adjustments are being made to the winning percentage cause i spammed a few guardians and didn't get anything..

Hopefully they are making it easier to click the Jolly Old Jones cause its really ridiculous how many people are around it.

P.S. I really want to win a flying sword omg they look so cool.. Put in a good word for me GM's :D

here is the tricky , press shift while u talk to npcb:thanks
    b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Open Beta, stuff stays perm. Servers will be back up soon. Will post a Stickie in Tech Support Zone when they are!!

b:pleased
  • Boylover - Heavens Tear
    Boylover - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Cool if this was the Open Beta! What the fixe will be? I know that you can't speak but will you repair the lag issue?

Mewmewpew,Lost City.

hm, it's bit funny to read how payers are complaining today... im new here, and understand that can happen something and need to be fixed..
    i have no lags, maybe really rare when i close my eyes for second :)
    tried this game on malaysian server, and there are lags and delays, so i left it... this is cool server and pls, show some respect and patience ;)
  • golem34
    golem34 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ohh dude.....pls help me! i cant log in cause, in my computer the serves are inactive....but here in the site it seems there are acitve server. pls help meb:shocked

umm.can somebody login? pls reply.
  • chollo
    chollo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    maybe the issue is the gift box that you can only buy it for 10k and not what it said that is 100k
  • seraphimus
    seraphimus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gee thats pretty silly.....were not testing it were playing it. if this is gonna be nothing but like a CB and our characters get wiped then wahts the point in playing it and spending cash on zen? or boutique items? wouldnt be none.

Yeah also seems to me like the gifts were rigged anyways.

i doubt they would do that, if they planned on wiping our characters they wouldnt have the boutique open, either that or they would be planning on refunding the zen weve spent so far to the new characters after the reset... otherwise that would be a great way to lose most of their player base and earn a really bad rep
    It was a joke seraphallus...

XD b:laugh that was a good one... still is
  • everyone
    edited October 2008
    here is the tricky , press shift while u talk to npcb:thanks

I know this trick but for some reason it wasn't working for me, probably due to all the lag around. I will try as soon as they are back up. I hope panda saw my P.S. ;D
    I Believe Perfect World can be the best MMORPG in history... With a few upgrades. b:victory
  • everyone
    edited October 2008
    seraphimus wrote: »
    i doubt they would do that, if they planned on wiping our characters they wouldnt have the boutique open, either that or they would be planning on refunding the zen weve spent so far to the new characters after the reset... otherwise that would be a great way to lose most of their player base and earn a really bad rep

Didn't you see what darthpanda wrote?

"Open Beta, stuff stays perm. Servers will be back up soon. Will post a Stickie in Tech Support Zone when they are!!"

stuff stay perm.
  • juju54
    juju54 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Same for me here, I can't enter on the servers, can anyone tell me what is the problem and what should I do, are the servers in maintenance?b:cry

thx for the reply.
    edited October 2008
    I know this trick but for some reason it wasn't working for me, probably due to all the lag around. I will try as soon as they are back up. I hope panda saw my P.S. ;D

maybe your "shift" button is broken ... hehehe
  • Angelicrose - Heavens Tear
    Angelicrose - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Just a quick fix, but it's already 44 minutes past :P
  • Jim_mcfierce - Heavens Tear
    Jim_mcfierce - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    juju54 wrote: »
    Same for me here, I can't enter on the servers, can anyone tell me what is the problem and what should I do, are the servers in maintenance?b:cry

thx for the reply.

servers are down for a quick fix...
  • shatterlife
    shatterlife Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well im still a
    NooB only level 24 but love this game and believe it or not just as the server shut down i saw the warnings lol
    but i lost something important as it shut down but i know that the gm will fix it and help me out when they can

in short stop whining b:shutup
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    you aint gnna die from 30 minutes waiting -.- chill ffs... most of ya dunno how hard it is to keep a gameserver running nicely =P give them a break, get some drinkz nd foodz.. nd prepare yaself for a non stop sit till the next maintaince buncha addicts xD
  • seraphimus
    seraphimus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Didn't you see what darthpanda wrote?

"Open Beta, stuff stays perm. Servers will be back up soon. Will post a Stickie in Tech Support Zone when they are!!"

stuff stay perm.

i did, but my comp is running slow for w/e reason so he likely posted it while my page was still loading to create my post
    It was a joke seraphallus...

XD b:laugh that was a good one... still is
    edited October 2008
    Just a quick fix, but it's already 44 minutes past :P

no, servers are max 20min off now ;)
This discussion has been closed.