~Petition to Keep Charms at Sale Price

Blessing - Heavens Tear
Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Cash Shop Huddle
~In short, the current prices of charms are great, even though they are still slightly more expensive than other versions of this game. However, they are only on sale until the 29th of September. Let's show PWI Devs/Mods that we want to keep the charm sale prices permanent. Bump this post and increase the post count to support this.

~Now the some-what long explanation:
For any low levels reading this, you may think that charms are a luxury and are not needed to play this game at all. Unfortunately, thats not how things work in Perfect World around the higher levels.

Unlike other MMOs, the Perfect World community and gameplay does not support the use of "Meditation," which is the recovery of health/mana over time. Most MMOs will recover your health/mana back in around 10-20 seconds of normal recovery. It's takes minutes to do so in Perfect World. Dungeon Squads simply don't have time to wait for the use of Meditation; the runs already take long enough WITH charms!

Then there are the classes who are forced to buy charms. At the starting levels around 1 to 30, charms will last you multiple levels. When you get even higher, you will start to burn multiple charms per level. At the 70s, it takes me around 4+ silver MP charms if I were to grind solo, more if I were to zhen/aoe.

So basically, two solutions will help here. Either lower/keep the charms' sale price. Or change the way the Perfect World community views the necessity of charms. The latter isn't going to happen so the former better!

Let's show PWI Devs/Mods that we want to keep the charm sale prices permanent. Bump this post and increase the post count to support this.
Post edited by Blessing - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree with keeping charms at sale price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree as well, but I still want other things lowered too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I dont think they will care
  • Faefae - Heavens Tear
    Faefae - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I agree...keep the charms at this price permanently.
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Keep them this way, or make them even lower. Right now they're what, 1.5g? That's a buck fifty. I mean really, a buck fifty for one of these that become really needed at high levels where you burn multiples like breathing in and out. I can't imagine needing so effing many and burning that much money when I'm like 70. That's really ridiculous.

I'll probably quit and go play WoW. Ironic, since this is the game I'm playing to not play that one, but the cost of these things makes it so it costs less to play a p2p game than this (supposedly) f2p game. The prices are still outrageous, but the prices before were even more outrageous. I can't imagine paying like 30 bucks for every level or two. It's not worth it, and I'd rather play a p2p game and save some money, maybe.

I'll either go back to MY (Lulz, ghostland. But hey, they have more content that we're supposed to already have had and got caught up as the Announcement said a while back) or play MS (Which I really don't wanna do because this has better ping than a EU-based server or a MY-based one), but if it means not paying crazy prices (Or crazy prices in ingame money), I'll consider it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion. Either make the prices lower (Oddly enough, this translates to more income since more people buy at lower prices, which is a concept PWE seems to be having trouble grasping) or they will lose players, probably more than half, if the prices aren't lowered.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I wish the charms would stay at this price - and so does everyone else.

But the people in charge of prices on this game aren't stupid. They dropped the price for 2 weeks so we'd level up and be more reluctant to leave. They can set the prices whatever they want now that everyone's over 60, they'll lose a lot less people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Keep the prices as they are now.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    I wish the charms would stay at this price - and so does everyone else.

But the people in charge of prices on this game aren't stupid. They dropped the price for 2 weeks so we'd level up and be more reluctant to leave. They can set the prices whatever they want now that everyone's over 60, they'll lose a lot less people.

Wow, I never thought about it like that. That's some pretty good logic actually..
  • Veto - Lost City
    Veto - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sale price ftw! :D
  • Mimelle - Lost City
    Mimelle - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Don't tell everybody is 60 now. No, not everybody. Would say, minority of the toons is 60 and higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They'll most likely have another charm sale eventually ASAP after this one for sure. I can see it. $1.50 for a charm is expensive enough and everyone is actually statisfied with it. Increasing it is just, too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Keep them where they are or your gonna lose more players its that simple. Dont make the same mistake the other f2p mmos made and died in the process of having such great potential.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • ningi
    ningi Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    +1 this.

Make a poll, I think not everyone will bother posting, and a poll might increase the chance of showing how many people care about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well a lot of ppl care about this every player above 35+ cares about it.......spended lot more money here then i thought i would ever spend.......Prices......so many ppl posted thier opinion bout them.....im almost 50 very happy with ppl i play......but to spend 20$ on game per week that is supoused to be f2p is just dumb.....and ppl will start to leave, they wont care if they r highest lvl here or lowest if they see no point of staying here.....

CHARM PRICES MUST STAY THEY R NOW!

hey i must work 5 hrs per day to get 20$ u know.and for that i could get 300 cubi gold or 50mill coins at MY......

JUst consider it......ill rather be lcl 50ish on server that is chaep to play then lvl 50ish on server that cost me my 3 day salary.....PPL r not dumb......
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I suggest 1$ for silver charms.. cuz there will be more charms like Gold charm and etc...
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Doubt the will lower the prices even further. I'll settle for $1.50 for silver. If charms are $2.50, I would be spending $10.00+ per day. I would rather play a p2p game than this f2p money sink.
  • torisutantomasu
    torisutantomasu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I think they should be lowered too.
    GrimShroom-Heavens Tear
    Current leader of Memento
    pwm.notlong.com
    edited September 2008
    I just spent $50 on silver charms today and will be spending another $50 tomorrow.

Hope this shows the mods/devs that I support the price of charms right now at $1.50.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Many people will quit if they aren't lowered (kept at 1.5).

Once the price of zen goes up at the auction, this will be especially be true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Yami - Heavens Tear
    Yami - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Lower them even more, or keep them as they are now.
    Yami - Cleric - Heaven's Tear
    Testament - Barbarian - Heaven's Tear
  • Baifang - Heavens Tear
    Baifang - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    +1. Please compare volumes of profit generated by the current price versus the older price.

I'm cynical enough by now though to side with Pandora's logic chain. I dont want to leave, but I will if needs be if the current sale price does not become standard.
  • Wave - Heavens Tear
    Wave - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Many people will quit if they aren't lowered (kept at 1.5).

Once the price of zen goes up at the auction, this will be especially be true.

yes once price goes up........spended more then half year subcription to any mmo here and i barly have enough cash to cover for charms and armor repairs.....brabs and Bm have high maintance cost for armors..other classes spend daily 5 charms per day at higher lvls keep that in mind pls

And would be great if you increase Hp silver char durabitlity to 400 or 425k.cost same as mp but 175k less durability..and yeah i know u spend mp faster, but not if u play CR char.....
    Elysium Guild "Let the fun begin" :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimtooth
    grimtooth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    /sign lower the prices all around. your gonna burn out your population eventually when they look at there zen purchase history and go into shock. already spent enough for a years subscription for any other major mmo.
  • transcend
    transcend Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is my first time playing PW, but if and when charms become a necessity to level, I will definitely be leaving the game if it becomes prohibitively expensive. I will not spend more than $20 a month, maybe even $30 a month to play this game. Why should I when I can spend $15/mo elsewhere and have a much more robust gaming experience elsewhere.

PWE, you can either :

a) charge less and profit due to volume transactions, which in turn, creates a higher population of lvl60+ characters that require charms

or

b) charge the same (or more) and lose any ability to profit a single cent from me in particular, and possibly thousands/millions of other people with the same mindset

Bear in mind that I'm not a struggling college student (graduated few years ago), but rather employed full-time. Yes, I have disposable income at my discretion, but we adults learn what's called fiscal responsibility. To spend 2x or 3x on this game a month versus a subscription-based game that charges $15, just to fully experience all the available (i.e. cash) content in this game is not a wise decision.

I can only imagine how much harder it would be for a student who has to finance their own way through college while maintaining the cost of charms at high levels; I sure as hell wouldn't have been able to.

But I'm sure you know all you need to know about the economics of this game. You know the break even point each month, the amount already invested, etc etc. Now, with two weeks of lowered prices, I'm sure you've run all your data analyses (plural) to track revenues and profits, so please connect the dots.

The inability to cater to your user base will inevitably alienate them (remember the 80/20 rule?), and just by looking over the forum postings regarding charm prices, the anger began quite early on.
    edited September 2008
    transcend wrote: »
    This is my first time playing PW, but if and when charms become a necessity to level, I will definitely be leaving the game if it becomes prohibitively expensive. I will not spend more than $20 a month, maybe even $30 a month to play this game. Why should I when I can spend $15/mo elsewhere and have a much more robust gaming experience elsewhere.

PWE, you can either :

a) charge less and profit due to volume transactions, which in turn, creates a higher population of lvl60+ characters that require charms

or

b) charge the same (or more) and lose any ability to profit a single cent from me in particular, and possibly thousands/millions of other people with the same mindset

Bear in mind that I'm not a struggling college student (graduated few years ago), but rather employed full-time. Yes, I have disposable income at my discretion, but we adults learn what's called fiscal responsibility. To spend 2x or 3x on this game a month versus a subscription-based game that charges $15, just to fully experience all the available (i.e. cash) content in this game is not a wise decision.

I can only imagine how much harder it would be for a student who has to finance their own way through college while maintaining the cost of charms at high levels; I sure as hell wouldn't have been able to.

But I'm sure you know all you need to know about the economics of this game. You know the break even point each month, the amount already invested, etc etc. Now, with two weeks of lowered prices, I'm sure you've run all your data analyses (plural) to track revenues and profits, so please connect the dots.

The inability to cater to your user base will inevitably alienate them (remember the 80/20 rule?), and just by looking over the forum postings regarding charm prices, the anger began quite early on.

Quit now while you still can. At the 70s, you are looking at about $10.00 a DAY.
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm seeing how useful charms are. I can afford to keep one going at the rate it is now. Can't see myself paying $2.50 for each charm, would probably just tough it out without them most of the time. So I'm on the petition bandwagon on this one, too. But Kudos to PWI for listening and lowering some of the prices....now just make it permanent.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    *signed* .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I don't need to use charms anymore. Well, its something that only a couple classes can do if played right. Charms are still nice to have when I feel lazy.

I would've enjoyed a bigger sale leaving them at a dollar, but I guess we can't get everything we want. I definitely do not want to see charms up to 2.5 again or else I can imagine a big portion of high levels will be gone.
  • isoton
    isoton Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Keep them as they are now. $2.50 is just way to much simply put i mean thats kind of over the top
  • X_livia_x - Heavens Tear
    X_livia_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Signed. Keep prices down!