Comments

• Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b----u----m----p
  • jp87
    jp87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    BUMP i have not forgot about this outrages price in charms.

and release to gold charms already! my silver charm is ticking at lvl 64 as a tank
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Bump~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm signing this
    ~ Kelovar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • ningi
    ningi Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Bump. 8=========D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuailiang - Heavens Tear
    Kuailiang - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    BUMP for a worthy cause?
  • isoton
    isoton Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    bump, very worthy please lower charm prices
  • bubbadude
    bubbadude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What most of you are failing to realize is you are playing right into their hands right now. Notice how over the past 2-3 weeks everyone kinda let the posts about lower overall costs which was in the thousands of views and hundreds and hundreds of replies to now only concentrating on asking to please just let us have our charms back to lower. This is exactly what they wanted. So now when they come back and say hey we will give in to our customers and lower charms SOME but we need to keep everything else extremely high to cover our LOSS in that department. Sad to say this thread proves the PW player base has been played.

As a Barbarian reaching 50 levels or so my guard charms are now ticking so fast that if I play like I did yesterday for a nice relaxing 5 hour session I went through 2 1/2 charms. At current prices that comes out to over 6 bucks a day just for one item. Not even taking into account spirit charms, mounts, materials, or any other perk I might want. And dont forget this is at less than HALF the level cap. They are truely either insane or completely out ot touch if they think I will pay over 180 bucks a month just for charms to play this game and probably more as I level. As proven by the number of players every week migrating away from my friends list and slowly from the guild people just are not gonna be able to afford this game in this very unstable and depressive economy we now have to live with and this game, as much as I do enjoy playing daily, will become not worth the prohibitive cost when I can get the same number of hours of playability from a pay to play game with ALL features available for 15 bucks a month or roughly 1/10 the cost.

Its a sad day as my pointer hovers over DELETE Perfect World International :((((((
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    alot of things need to be lowered, lower the prices!
    i already wasted a large 30 zen on marridge cos of a heck load of ppl saying about the benefits of it which are now all untrue and im already pissed about that, i could have bought the kirin as a new mount -_-

take down the prices cos everything is to expensive b:angry
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Baifang - Heavens Tear
    Baifang - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    DEV/ Management team silence is a void in which everyone can fill in their own opinions, generally negative.

Consider that a bump, and a notice someone official needs to say something. And soon.
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hey! bumped for SURE! Good idea. Charms in general seem negative to me :/
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    BUMP~Signed~

Gonna start burning my hp charms pretty quickly soon. -.-"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Starting to run out of MP charms >.<
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So when is Staff actually going to answer this or at least reply something here?
  • bubbadude
    bubbadude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So when is Staff actually going to answer this or at least reply something here?

Haha..surely your joking right? As far as I can tell as a casual reader of the forums there hasnt been an actual response to any questions or complaints in this section since they moved it here. Even the Big thread that started all this was deleted so new players wouldnt see there were thousands of replies and no concern on the companies part for their customers.

That being said...keep at it...one never know when we just might be able to get some positive changes. I just hope its not too late. I'm burning through 2-3 charms a DAY now and soon as my stock burns out from when they were on sale I'm done. Not gonna spend 180 bucks a month just on a charm to make the game remotely playable over certain levels.

:))
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Quit now while you still can. At the 70s, you are looking at about $10.00 a DAY.

A day? Like $200 p/month, $2400 per year? That would be madness, for that money you can buy a very solid gaming rig every year and more games then you'll have time to play.
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yea i agree as well, as an archer charms are nearly a must for any kind of fast/productive lvling, and honestly, if they were to lower the price, they would most likely make more money due to people not seeing them as a rip-off, we would purchase a lot more of them, I purchased some at the old price, but i refuse to pay the higher price...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I did not buy a single charm from another player when the price was the current one. When the sale was on, I bought a couple. Now that the price is back up I will not buy more.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    bump~

I buy charms using coins since it's fking overpriced and I don't wanna waste my precious, luscious, exotic money for overpriced pixels.
  • jasontx
    jasontx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    c'mon guys..
    10 million coin for 7 bux vs 1 million for 18 bux ....
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    bump~b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just spent $50 on silver charms today and will be spending another $50 tomorrow.

Hope this shows the mods/devs that I support the price of charms right now at $1.50.

Not everyone has that kind of money to spend daily on a video game though. Be grateful you do. The silver charms should be like 50 cents at the very most. The prices in the cash shop are way too high for everything... Honestly, if they keep it up at this rate and don't lower the prices, especially for things that are so necessary, people will end up going elsewhere. Especially considering the state of the US economy.

I used to never want to play the p2p games because I don't usually play enough to justify the cost. Now I LOVE how you can choose how and when to spend your money in this game, but the problem is when you do that, you spend WAY too much, because the prices in the cash shop are way too INFLATED. I will not spend any more than $20 a month on this game from now on.. whether I get to level 70 or not... I guess I'll have to become a good apothecary or something then? I dunno. I just know there is no way I can afford $50 a day on charms!!!!!!!! LOL!

Even $1.50 is too much if they burn out that quickly.. sorry. If they last me several levels, I might be ok with it. But from what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound good.
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    "Crafting sale"......... what a fkin slap in the face.
  • hxx8011
    hxx8011 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    <<<<bump>>>>
  • onlyperfect
    onlyperfect Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Though i dont know about the drop of price you guys were saying, from what i heard, the price last time should be little and im a lvl 23 player who is a noob.

But IF the charms can GO any lower.

I
    SUPPORT
    YOU
    GUYS!!!
  • Inflammable - Lost City
    Inflammable - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    k, I may have skipped a few pages, but WHY do the prices need to be lowered?

Wouldn't increasing the duration/charges of these charms be the same idea? That way players stay happy and PWI doesn't lose a whole lot of money?

Increasing an ingame attribute would have minimal to zero effect on the makers, after all, its a virtual integer? It can probably be dealt with in some amazing item editor and could be done in seconds.

Profit is already being made from every item being virtual, since we arent subscribed and this is f2p, people are paying far more in virtual objects then they would rake in as subscriptions...

5-10 people pay nothing for their first week or two, 5-10 others spend 50$~ daily, the players who support this game and buy zen likely outweigh the players who play strictly for free by far.

There are 3 servers, with a player capacity which I have no idea, likely 1000's, a dedicated server with a capacity of around 500 as a basic server is maybe 400$ monthly, but with a capacity on this scale, prices increase exponentially along with the power of the processor needed would be quite heavy, so they are paying far more then 400$ a month for server maintenance.

The processor needed to process 10,000's of actions that could potentially happen at the same time is... Well... Alot!

Ultimately they make ALOT of profit, but the cost to get this project going and on its feet wasen't cheap, nor is keeping it maintained.

Skins, 3D objects, animations, network skills, UI art, general art, external tools needed to handle server files, all of this was likely made from scratch to avoid copywrite infringement and minimizing opensource material. (NONE of this **** is cheap)

Since this game started out free... They would have needed alot of capital, or got money on loan. So we don't know if they are even making profit or not yet.
  • Razli - Sanctuary
    Razli - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    in reply to post above...

true however even the most succesfull of buisness normally take 5 or more years to repay there loans.. and that 5 years is a rarity its ussually closer to 7 years.., it does seem like they are trying to squeeze the $$ out at a rapid pace... perhaps its due to there planned expansion pack? the game over all seems to be of high quality and coming from me thats a lot, as i tend to rip into most games out there.. while i hope i can continue playing the current cost would be embarrasing to any US buisness .. in fact one of the few corporations to repay its loan in only 4 years was mcdonalds they did it with low costs and many purchases. they made headlines for there rapid repayment and exponital growth.. a lesson from them is most definatly to be learned.
  • nauziem
    nauziem Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've spent a little time browsing these forums, a lot of the complaints directed at pricing seem ill-conceived -- Yes items like mounts are expensive, but they are only bought once: compared to a pay-to-play game over a long period of time, this becomes not a major issue.

Charms however, seem very different, creating a cash drain, specific to certain classes and certain situations. Zhen parties are a completely different case, and I won't expel much breath defending them; but barbarians and clerics are definately being short-changed.

Immediately this seems unfair, but giving it some thought, I realize there is a very simple rationale; charms are not intended to be a necessity, they are intended to give an advantage, a luxury to players who buy them. This says to me, that if a compulsion is being placed on tanks and healers to buy them, that the flaw exists within the classes themselves. If a barbarian can not effectively tank without the use of charms (I will define this as tanking content at his own level, in mid range gear, and with low to moderate potion usage, we will take for granted that he has a strong build); then that stems from flaws in the class design. The same goes for clerics with healing. As the problem for tank/healers is linked, this to me says that is would be easily resolved by greatly boosting tank damage mitigation and possibly retuning healing spells as well.

Well-built characters, combatting content at their own level, should not require charms: this in my opinion is where the fix is required.

The pricing of charms may not need to be changed, the compulsion for specific classes to use them does.

(@zhen parties: you are enjoying a luxury that other classes can not afford, it seems reasonable to me that if you choose to level at a super-natural rate you may need to pay for this luxury.)
  • Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    bump b:dirty b:cute b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    >.> I went to other PW company forums to look for some info on my character then.... I just saw a screenie of a guy w/ a fking 500 gold charms on his inv.. lol.. wtf was that private server? he can't be that rich to buy a hundred Gold charms on public servers right?.. or can he? lmao.. check this out~ http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q356/motorola0069/2008-07-1313-05-02.jpg