RageQuit's PVP/PK Guide

Comments

• godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    haha rofl xD I was like he definitely copied and pasted!
  • delux
    delux Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    Mystic.... please... run this freaking quote of my by spellchecker and so T_T
    quoting me is okey, but having the quote WITH my oryginal grammar... just do it okey?

that loses authenticity; i love it the way it is. i assure you that your feelings are conveyed very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hellzwrath
    hellzwrath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i think you all need to grow up and of course some1 will talk back cause their mad at their own life and take it out on people on the internet. im guessing your lives revolve around pvp, ive read alot of your posts and there nothing but bitchy insulting comments, try going outside take a deep breathe then think of **** you post in forums mainly this points to mystic. while your sitting their 24/7 then finally get your char to max lvl i'll be a low lvl cause my life isnt **** and i dont sit their playing a game all day. now i know why i dont come to forums ever to much damn emo drama kiddies.
  • delux
    edited August 2008
    hellzwrath wrote: »
    im guessing your lives revolve around pvp, ive read alot of your posts and there nothing but bitchy insulting comments

my online life does revolve around pvp, its all i know besides reading forums and checking drudgereport. my real life isn't any of your business.
    while your sitting their 24/7 then finally get your char to max lvl i'll be a low lvl cause my life isnt **** and i dont sit their playing a game all day. now i know why i dont come to forums ever to much damn emo drama kiddies.

ok, so leave, and go enjoy your awesome life. god forbid you sink so low as to post like the rest of us no-lifes :rolleyes:

thanks for bumping our thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    this gave me a headache reading T.T why? cuz half of that **** posted i nthat guide is **** because RQ gang-bangs lower levels, its all lies, just suck people who dont know yet into your **** **** guild:(
  • delux
    edited August 2008
    darknin wrote: »
    its all lies, just suck people who dont know yet into your **** **** guild:(

You fail, RQ has never been short of members. We were a small guild because we chose to be, and since we've opened (and shortly closed) recruitment we've had tons of applicants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    We're actually at the point where a guild member's vouch is required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darknin
    edited September 2008
    delux wrote: »
    You fail, RQ has never been short of members. We were a small guild because we chose to be, and since we've opened (and shortly closed) recruitment we've had tons of applicants.

cuz they dont wanna be harrassed by your members
  • hkid
    hkid Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    very nice guide mystic :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ChaosBlood
    IGN : Warwolf
    Class : WB
    Level : ?
  • darknin
    edited September 2008
    hkid wrote: »
    very nice guide mystic :)[/QUOT

im against RQ but it is true:D
  • auronx
    auronx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    wow LOL so much dramas.. i came here to read about a guide and all i see is some dramas XD *eats popcorns*

cant we all get along? <3 =D
  • mastrgamr26
    mastrgamr26 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Like the guide, only thing I would've changed is the way you posted your viewpoint on what class overpowers which. Even though its good to know, it can sway players away from their intended class. Example (not saying you posted this) warriors suck because a mage will pwn them hardcore. That would probably change a player intended to be a warrior from choosing that class.

Just my opinion not tryna be b**chy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • painful
    painful Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Okay, this is just about the dumbest guide ever, If you ever played WoW, you know how to PvP, this is common sense ****, You actually typed this out? And whats this **** with people scared of RQ? Its a video game, you take it like its your Life, get over yourself.

The end.

As for the Melee classes and ranged classes, Thank you for that information.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    painful wrote: »
    Okay, this is just about the dumbest guide ever, If you ever played WoW, you know how to PvP, this is common sense ****, You actually typed this out? And whats this **** with people scared of RQ? Its a video game, you take it like its your Life, get over yourself.

The end.

As for the Melee classes and ranged classes, Thank you for that information.

I think someone posted some thing about WoW?

As in World of Failcraft?

Please.

Go back to your raids.

And as you can tell from some of the comments posted on here, it was indeed helpful to other people.

Not all PWI players have had years of MMORPG playing experience.

This guide layed out the basics for them to follow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Okay, this is just about the dumbest guide ever, If you ever played WoW, you know how to PvP

WoW sucks, WoW PVP is a total joke that takes no kind of skill, ability or teamwork whatsoever, save and quit, you fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    WoW sucks, WoW PVP is a total joke that takes no kind of skill, ability or teamwork whatsoever, save and quit, you fail.

No offence, but WoW has the best PvP in the world =/
    2nd is Rohan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Actually WoW PvP is horrid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    stampede wrote: »
    Actually WoW PvP is horrid.

Actually, you are wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • kuujo
    kuujo Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so im a cleric and i love it
    it's easy to find parties and im never low on hp even tho solo kinda blows
    anyone know any decent strategies for me to pk or is a priest pker out of the question
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    kuujo wrote: »
    anyone know any decent strategies for me to pk or is a priest pker out of the question

are you battle? or party cleric (buff/heal) or hybrid? it all depends
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cruentussaevi
    cruentussaevi Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Beautiful Guide.

I thank you <3
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Glad to help, happy PVPing =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • maulik
    maulik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    nice guide uncle ambition

btw its fact, Archer in all server rox in pking.
    i have an archer in tta3, one of the better ones and she was imbaa in pking
    same , have a mage in Tantra Online but she is not gud against archers of her lvl.

anyways...i am an archer only name Picexplorer....and m 27...:P
    get ready for pking...

and ambition, if we get red then we ahve to hide ourselves from game officials..is that what u said in here?
  • Knightmaiden - Lost City
    Knightmaiden - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    In some respects the guide is good... for informational purposes.

In some respects, I'm sort of put off by the knowledge that people actually jump players while they are fighting monsters.

The thrill of pvp for me has always been running up to someone, you both know that you are of equal gear, power, and you both know what's about to go down... and then winning it.

There's not much thrill in killing someone that you caught while he was fighting a monster. I suppose I'm one of those people who draws a hard line between "PVPers" and "PKers". I see them as two completely different animals.

Also... judging from what I've read from the first post, the game isn't really pvp, but more of a "classes that are built to PK vs classes that are built to die". The classes are simply far too unbalanced for any real pvp to take place. Seems like melee classes don't have enough ways to close the gap. Too many ways to get away from melee, not enough ways for melee to "Intercept".
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The classes are simply far too unbalanced for any real pvp to take place. Seems like melee classes don't have enough ways to close the gap. Too many ways to get away from melee, not enough ways for melee to "Intercept".

Mmmhh not exactly true.
    A melee class has stun skills. This will prohibit a caster from running.
    And don't forget a MG, Cleric and WF has less con than a WR or WB. One con gives more HP for melee classes than it gives to MG, Cleric and WF.
  • shadow685
    shadow685 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

In some respects, I'm sort of put off by the knowledge that people actually jump players while they are fighting monsters.

The thrill of pvp for me has always been running up to someone, you both know that you are of equal gear, power, and you both know what's about to go down... and then winning it.

There's not much thrill in killing someone that you caught while he was fighting a monster. I suppose I'm one of those people who draws a hard line between "PVPers" and "PKers". I see them as two completely different animals.

omg finally some nice words... for me the guy who wrote this guide is just a chicken....
    1. only fight classes u know u will most likely beat...
    2. att em if the fight agains a monster.....

i would add point 3:

3. if someone fights back run as fast as possible cos u r a noobish chicken which only can survive backstabbing.....
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Also... judging from what I've read from the first post, the game isn't really pvp, but more of a "classes that are built to PK vs classes that are built to die". The classes are simply far too unbalanced for any real pvp to take place. Seems like melee classes don't have enough ways to close the gap. Too many ways to get away from melee, not enough ways for melee to "Intercept".

I partly agree, but that almost sounds like a duel. There is a difference between PvP and dueling as well, and that difference is the thrill of the hunt in PvP. When you "both know what's about to go down", that's more of a duel and takes some of that thrill away. A lion doesn't notify its prey before he attacks it. However, attacking and killing someone while fighting a monster proves absolutely nothing but cowardice and weakness. Killing much lower level players is also ****, which in this case the OP agrees.

The only thing I disagree with in this guide is killing players off of monsters, everything else seems fine. The only real problem I had with it was that it's mostly obvious stuff and is only useful for basic PvP; a "PvP for Dummies" guide, I suppose.
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh no, I didn't think you were serious when you told me this. >.<

Haven't read it but, wow.....
    Xtacy
  • drpineapple
    drpineapple Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    How bout clerics? i heard they are good at pvp...does that mean that they are good with pk and against pk?....and are mages really that powerful in the higher levels?
  • bestpaladinintheworld
    bestpaladinintheworld Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kuujo wrote: »

If your arcane DPS cleric you can definitly PK and anyone saying otherwise is either inexperienced in the cleric class or just plain noob. You have some great spells and debuffs in your toolset and I have definitly alphaed plenty of people as an Arcane Cleric.

Also, nice guide although its more of a how to alpha someone guide then a how to PK or PVP Guide.

Classes that do great as alpha classes are ones with loads of fast casting spike damage, usually in MMORPGs offset by being very squishy.
    Want a mature guild with ages of PvP and MMORPG experience ... Join Raven PVP Guild [LOST CITY]

Guild Info:
    Average 40+ members online at a time, Experienced players from closed beta and my-PW, Ventrilo server, Forums, Quest help, Boss help, Daily FB runs, AOE, Weekly guild events, Guild Item bank and Guild organized stalls, Free Cyber

Guild Website
    raven.forumotion.com