So pvp or pve?

Options

Comments

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    anima wrote: »
    Why they have to regret? When they reach higher lvls in PVE server, fashion shows, tea parties and friendly TWs are waiting for them.
    What will happen in Lost City? Well, just drama. It must be better than TNT channel, I know it.

Thanks for stating why PvE is a boring pile of **** while PVP is where the fun and amusement is at.

The people on PvE will only have boring grinding and they'll realize that once they hit 89, while PVP is better than an action and drama film put together.
    karmelia wrote: »
    Don't listen to Ren, he's a poor frustrated ganker.

All the cool and smart people are going on the Heaven's Tear PvE server. All the unskilled gankers are going to the PvP server (a small minority in other words).

There is no point to playing a game like PW on a PvP server, unless you like to be ganked by bored players 30 levels above you every time you go out of a safe zone.
    I'm not a ganker unless the person is a fool or karmelia and deserves to be denied of play.
    "unskilled people" won't be on the PVP server because they are fodder.
    On PW-MY I rarely ever got pked, in fact hardly anyone at all got PKed, everyone was carebear... lol...

You're not even using logic anymore, karmelia, way to fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    "unskilled people" won't be on the PVP server

Meaning you are going to roll on the PvE server then?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Is that supposed to be witty... or... funny?? I laughed hard, but at your expense... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Don't listen to Ren, he's a poor frustrated ganker.

All the cool and smart people are going on the Heaven's Tear PvE server. All the unskilled gankers are going to the PvP server (a small minority in other words). Not true. Excuse me for saying this, but I believe I defy your statement :)

There is no point to playing a game like PW on a PvP server, unless you like to be ganked by bored players 30 levels above you every time you go out of a safe zone.
    Also not true. An Archer 10 levels above me PKed me in 2 shots. I asked nicely if he could avoid killing me, and he did. I levelled peacefully the whole night.

As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok sorry to post my opnion but I came from PW MY. And the PvP server is not all its cracked up to be . This is what i encountered when I tried to have the "fun" you guys claim the non pkers will have if they go on PvP server... this is how it was and probably will go.
    The pkers always have Hierogram to save the life.. The TP stones to Run away (Zorkan was famous for it) Dolls for the just in case they get beat by the noobs so they can keep their precious items and now with the new souldbound heirograms they keep there Equip. So everythime I came to kill pker (aka pkk) they always ran before i get close.....

So besides having Bait to kill why do you guys beg the PvE players that you insult so harshly to come to your server?
    Since you guys like Pking so much just pk each other...

Also in PvE servers lets know this. You can CHOSE to pk or not be pked meaning there WILL be TW's ETC Just you will have to go White name. Long story short same game - Getting killed when you dont want to....
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm not baiting anyone, i'm stating the cold hard truth.
    PVE servers is where unskilled whiners go, and they'll regret it once they're higher level

There is a difference in skill. If you mean that those of us who dont want to pvp are unskilled then your just stupid, because it does take skill to bring down large scale raiding bosses. PvP doesnt mean your skilled. It means you make a choice to attack other players and you may be good at it or not. Its not the "definitive meaning" of skill.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Not true. Excuse me for saying this, but I believe I defy your statement

Sorry, you must be the proverbial "exception to every rule":p

The black dots tactics eh?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    We don't beg anyone to play what server. What we have done is just show "nicely" that what server is suitable for their play style.
    And we never got bored of killing each other, even guildmate. Cause it's a great practice chance.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sorry, you must be the proverbial "exception to every rule":p

The black dots tactics eh?

Being the exception to all the rules is just something I excel at ;). It's very satisfying.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »
    because it does take skill to bring down large scale raiding bosses.

Not when you turn blue to raid without interruption. Carebear much?

One of my best time in L2 was killing a gang of noobs after they tried to ruin our lilith kill. And feeding karma to the noobs who were controlling baium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    L2 was another crappy game. What is it with you guys playing all these terrible MMOs? If it looks korean your right there :rolleyes:
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danubus37 wrote: »
    L2 was another crappy game. What is it with you guys playing all these terrible MMOs? If it looks korean your right there :rolleyes:
    ROFL, L2 is the only good MMO, but I played on 3-7x servers because official really is **** unless you bot.
    Well, they did make it less hardcore-asian since the latest update, but still, 1x rates = days or weeks of xp lost even with a clan hall or bishop res.

Congratulations on proving your lack of taste and nonfactor-ness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    L2 was a great game. Dont dis it or I'll send my minions to gnaw on yer knees O.o

To answer the actual topic *cough* I'll be rolling onto the PvE server. Partly due to the fact my guild is going there, partly due to the peeps Ive seen spamming World Chat in Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    We don't beg anyone to play what server. What we have done is just show "nicely" that what server is suitable for their play style.
    And we never got bored of killing each other, even guildmate. Cause it's a great practice chance.

LOL. Their play style... Last time i checked this insulting the moral of someone making aTHEIR own decision was a method of begging/Horrible attempt at bribery whether you realize it or not. . And I quote "Why they have to regret? When they reach higher lvls in PVE server, fashion shows, tea parties and friendly TWs are waiting for them.
    What will happen in Lost City? Well, just drama. It must be better than TNT channel, I know it."

Sounds like a plea to me.

But funny thing is you just made the pk server look more desperate.
    FYI: I played on PvE servers that had the best of wars.....
    Also Played PVP server
    Both fun. Just only difference I was able to leave town with out worrying about being killed when i was low level by some one 20+ levels over me.

When was the last time you seen zorkan and LengZai fight each other? Talk about tea parties..

I personally think its the players choice. If they want "PvP" servers ... Let not call it that it is REALLY PK server then by all means join it :) If you want PVE server which is exactly the same -minus the communistic like Forced to be freesh meet when your not ready PvE is for you.. If I really have to take it that far I can give definitions of PvP and PK Very Different.. Also can get an SS of the ONLY real difference between the 2 servers... (Safemode Button) please do feel free to ask if it makes anyones decision easier :)

Happy choosing to all.

BTW as we know I am PvE but unbiased :) Both servers can be fun depending on your style of play.
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    One thing to notice is how only PvP players insult others, it shows how low they truly are

And bring on the friendly TWs, I cant wait for that, friendly matches are the best, no drama involved :)

Its funny, it sounds like PvP players are in damage control mode because they already noticed 50%+ of the population is going to PvE... "Ohhh poor me, I cant stroke my e-peen anymore by random pking noobs :("

How about, learning how to have fun with the game itself? Why do you need to rely on other peoples misfortune? You cant have fun in PvE? QUIT THE GAME, you wont be missed
  • kaien
    kaien Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I find drama bewteen Pkers, and I honestly can not stand drama on an online game( honestly, half of us play these to stay away from drama :3 ) so I will probably go PvE. I love guild wars and that jazz, so aslong as it has that, im happy -knaws on strawberry-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Random killing was never a problem on the MY servers. In 80 levels I got random pk'd once. Of course if Id been in a stronger guild and challenged warlord land, I would have been pk'd over and over and over.

So this is the main difference. On the pk server big guilds will defend their lands by bullying smaller guilds with KOS declarations and never actually have to defend themselves. On the pve server they will have to defend their lands in TW.

Imagine owning 30 territories and having to fight 30 territory challenges in 1 week. I think its pretty obvious we wont see a repeat of oracle.
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's your choice, and if it's not similar to mine, who care? I am not in your guild or party anyway. Why I have to beg, or even threaten you to join PVP server?
    Lost City won't be like Oracle, seems like it, as RQ state clearly that they won't abuse someone lower in levels or so and not gangbang any "normal and casual" players. Other big guilds seem nice so far.
    About the messy World chat right now, do you think it will happen again in Lost City? It will, but for rich kids only. Save money for your HP charm, please.
    How about PvE server? If someone malign me, and I can't do anything... It's sad, isn't it? Please don't tell me to ask for GM's help, cause it look like a kid crying with parents.
    About the comments for L2 above, L2 is one of the most successful MMORPGs. Talk bad about it in some forums could result an IP ban. Be nice to L2 veterans, please, cause they play it when most of WOW players still in middle school :D .
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hektic
    hektic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    L2 has been the only MMORPG I've stuck with for years. The open pvp was amazing, castles sieges, guild wars ( no not declaring war, old school pking / flagging with your whole guild ).. The fact you couldn't grasp the fun in open pvp I just can't understand.

Obviously I'm going pvp server.
    CB - Tacos
    OB - hectiK
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the most funny thing is that thx to all your PKs feedback really a majority is turning back from you. even players who was about to join PvP server, after reading and watching change their minds.
    ofcourse you are unable to notice it at this point as you totaly lack of sideview but let me tell you this: in all my life which is both long enough in quantity and quality to state anything, i never ever seen such anti-advertisment. as this. look around the forum. most whiners, ranters, spamers and grifers are PKs or/and are going to PvP server. and thats a quite neutral view belive me. if this would be my own personal view i would tell you much moe then this about how lowlife PKers are in my eye (judging from in-game expirience and some forum posts). but i restrict myself from doing it here. go ahead and ask random people under 30 lvl if they plan to level higher in CB. two main answears will apears: 1. theres no point as its a closed beta 2. i dont want to get killed rapidly after hitting 30lvl. just yesterday by the orhid temple was a little "meditation party"(14 players waiting to regain mp/hp) and we had a nice talk about why they stop lvl at 30lvl. ofcourse this could be total coincident but all of them gived exact those two answears i quoted above. you yourself created PvP look that bad. all thx to you and your kind, PK and PvP is a shortcut of flaming, grifing, immatureness and drama. honestly i prefer a small comunitys and i am scared to death seeing how many players are going to PvE servers. its not as i planed. i wanted a small friendly comunity where i can run for minutes and havent met singel person. and thx to you PvP server is vanishing from players minds. they dont even think about it. it like this option doesnt even exist for them. God, 2 days ago one guy wanted to pk me. he was an archer +/- my level. i was runing from him for more them 30 minutes. finaly ive made it to safe zone and he was kind an angry lol but not agresive. i had a little chat with him and i asked that he must be happy that OB is soon to come where on PvP server less ppl will be ruing away from him and more will face him. he said "are you kidding??? do i look like a drama-lover?". yeah, PvP player is about to join PvE server also cuz - suprising enough - he belive he will have MORE fighting and LESS drama on it then on PvP server. when i said "huh? wtf?" he was like "you dont have ears or eyes or something? just look at the forum or this **** world chat".
    many people enjoy PvP or PK.
    a tinny minority enjoy drama.
    and sorry but in this game, with this comunity, and this soon to be PvP server - those two come in the same, one package.
    i dont care, totaly - if you will not have enough man power to PK or PVP with.
    but i do care about lags and problems with killing mobs when theres 10 players all around me. and i dont like it comming.
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    About the comments for L2 above, L2 is one of the most successful MMORPGs.

It was a success in Asia. In Europe/America, it never really catched up. At best it was a moderate success.

• selfir
    selfir Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think i will play on both servers but first PVE since im going to play cleric and its not that good pvp char and i would like to decide when i want to pk with someone or when not. Just support char ;) Its anoying when some ppl disturb you when you dont want and want just lvlup. Even if somebody is weaker 1 vs 1 he can mess all 6 ppl sqad when they kill some boss. I had that kind of issue during killing dark adawolf lord. I really love pvp but it must be done with brain and since cleric, support char is not that good in pvp (but its quite decent from what i can see) id rather plan on pve server then with pk mode turned on all the time, turning off only when someone ppl are very anoying and want destroy gameplay.

After i gain some experience (its new game for me) i will create either archer or wizard on pvp server, still havent decided - need read out more and calculate on my own which one is better at max lvl considering pvp.
  • vaelissa
    vaelissa Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've had been considering going to the PVP server so there would be a bit more to do than the quest and such. Some PvP here and there didn't seem too bad on paper, but I think it may be more trouble than it is worth.

I had played Lineage 2 for a long while and stuck around mostly for the people I met. The open PVP there was fun at times, but those good times were few and far between when compared to the time spent attempting to level. PVP aside, Lineage 2 is just one big grind with little depth.

In reality, I'm not really very interested in randomly fighting other players, while it can be fun sometimes, I really just want to do my own thing and be left alone. Maybe on a PvE server you can't kill the person stealing your kills, but that is the case for a good number of popular, fun MMOs.

In Lineage 2 I had very few problems with random PKers, but when they did show up it was often a bad experience all around. Most of the time it was groups of higher level players roaming around lower level exp spots killing whoever they could. I expect this problem will be significantly higher in a free to play MMO, especially when people get higher leveled and end up having less to do. There's also the fact that the Pkers won't have to ask their moms to pay the monthly MMO fee :D.

I don't always have a lot of time to spend and prefer to spend that time doing something fun, not getting killed while attempting to do so or worrying about it in the back of my head. That said, PvE is looking like a pretty good option.
  • oo7
    oo7 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    seems that i will play in both PvP and PvE servers to test whichever servers suit me best after lvl 30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will be your angel
    Protecting you from heaven
  • boboho
    boboho Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hello guys ..i'm anew player i need to know wht the diferences between PVE server and PVP server ...wich one should i chose ..pls help me
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    Options
    boboho wrote: »
    hello guys ..i'm anew player i need to know wht the diferences between PVE server and PVP server ...wich one should i chose ..pls help me

Lol, did you read this whole thread? If you did, you must know which server you want to play.

PVP server is for jerks, blood thirsty vampires, maniacs or people with personality disorder. I have antisocial personality disorder and I am also a drama lover, so I stick to this one.
    PVE server is for gentlemen, cool guys, hot chicks or whoever love peace. Who want a peaceful and friendly environment must stay in this server.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • huli
    huli Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You should start on pve server as its name says: player versus enviroment. PVP: player versus player combat is a bit harder as you never know when or where you might get attacket by a random bystander just because he wants to have some fun.

As for my point of view i`m goin to play on a PvP server. Not to grief or whine. The thing that most bugs me is when i can`t do anything to a guy that pushes my limits. And pvp also puts players in another view.... alone you wont do anything and will probably die a lot when you get hit by 2 or 3 players at a time which will happen quite frequently. You will need a guild to support you not only to get equipment but also to defend yourself from other players. I see the pvp factor a bit as a thrill to grinding... You never know when you see a madman running around and killing innocent people. Then there will probably be even guilds specialized to kill those PKs or defendng individuals. I see the pvp factor as a plus to mmorpg not as a downside.
  • petzku00
    petzku00 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    boboho wrote: »

In Pvp server when you get lvl30 your not safe from others lvl30+ players, they can kill you if they want and you can kill them if you want. There is some penaltis when you kill ppl, (name turn pink,red)

Pve server you can choose when you want to turn that safemode off/on(lvl 30+). so if there is 2 ppl turned safemode off, they can kill each other when they see each other in battlefield(grind area). if you have safemode on,you can't kill ppl whit safemode off and they can't kill you.

Both have duel option, you can challence someone to fight.
    Both have Territory war's (TW)
    Both have arena where can kill ppl whitout penaltis.
    [SIGPIC]Tiger[/SIGPIC]
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PVP server is for jerks, blood thirsty vampires, maniacs or people with personality disorder. I have antisocial personality disorder and I am also a drama lover, so I stick to this one.
    PVE server is for gentlemen, cool guys, hot chicks or whoever love peace. Who want a peaceful and friendly environment must stay in this server.
    best servers preview ive seen so far :D
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • scantraxx
    scantraxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i cant really decide..
    im on lost city right now / pvp and i think im gonna stay there. the pve server sounds a little bit lame because it think everybody is gonna turn pk-on off and then there will be no more fun but hey thats a personal opinion:cool:
    No one can compete with the boys from the hood
    Bringing you the finest of the Scantraxx Rootz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1st char IGN : Infectious
    Class : Venomancer

2nd char IGN : Scantraxx
    Class : Babarian

Server : Heavens tear