Hey guys, which server will you join when OB starts? :rolleyes:

VOTE
ETHERBLADE / LOST CITY / HEAVEN TEAR / PLUME CITY
Post edited by lineage on

Comments

• rizlaz
    rizlaz Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sigh i wish i could stay in Etherblade west but since they're only opening it in east >.< im going Lost City with my guild.
    [SIGPIC]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7927/rizlazsignaturefh0.png[/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Rizlaz
    Class: Cleric
    Level: N/A
    Server: Lost City (For OB)
    Guild :Guardians
  • petzku00
    petzku00 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lineage wrote: »
    Hey guys, which server will you join when OB starts? :rolleyes:

VOTE
    ETHERBLADE OR LOST CITY

This initial launch will open with 1 PVP server (Lost City) and 1 PVE server (Heaven's Tear).

so Heaven's Tear for me
    [SIGPIC]Tiger[/SIGPIC]
  • lineage
    lineage Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PVE server for me to =]
    PVE server FTW :D
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    PvE ;) Of corse
  • siberian
    siberian Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm still leaning PvP, but after watching hours of "clanX are sux" "we beat you 6 v 1billion, you are lose" and "omgwtf I die? unpossible!!" world calls going on incessantly I start too see another reason why PvE sounds better :)

*editted* because of the point made by Ganja, sorry about that - my mistake :)
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Dont call RQ out now this is gonna become another RQ thread.
    Anyway on-topic:

lost city.
  • lineage
    edited August 2008
    i guest PVE server is most liked :D
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Totally PvE here. Where I can chose to play with out distraction and go to fight when necessary :)

Looking to join TW guild in PvE server BTW ;)
  • mamure
    mamure Posts: 3
    edited August 2008
    PVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no other way !
  • timioo
    timioo Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Lost City for me.
    and why is that i don't want to tell.. it will just end up with flamewar between PvPers and PvErs
    (points those numerous threads that ended up like that :P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest of Chaos Marshal
    Nalle - 6X Wizard

-Lost City-
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvP all the way. ;)
  • lineage
    edited August 2008
    For me i prob join one of the PVE servers =]
  • zumi
    zumi Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So in PVE is it the same except people cant randomly kill you? coz I like to fight other players but i dont like being killed unfairly. So.. I guess my question is will you still be able to kill other players in PVE? like a duel arena or something? And yes - I am new to the game lawl HELLO! :D

And Im asking coz I usally chose the first server in the list which is usally PVP, ive never been on PVE before. But due to past experience Im starting to consider it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]今の愛 ♥
  • piebandit
    piebandit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ill be going to the non pk server

is there gonna be a non pvp server? with no dueling on the server?
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Most likely PVE server.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • rycos
    rycos Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    No the PvE server just means PvP-optional.

There should still be duels. And in theory a more populated Arena.

In reality, Territory Wars are won on PvP strategy and experience. Characters should be slanted toward PvP builds. And with less open PvP I would assume there would be more Arena.

Territory Wars has always been the focus of endgame, not dungeon content. Curious to see how PvE servers shape up once the servers mature.

Count me in for the PvE server, but I will be PvP flagged at all times.
  • milic
    milic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    pvp for me :D
    when OB start's all teritory will be free ,and the wars will be more balansed ,there 's not like 50 lvl higher ppl in war so it will rock ;)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    zumi wrote: »
    So in PVE is it the same except people cant randomly kill you? coz I like to fight other players but i dont like being killed unfairly. So.. I guess my question is will you still be able to kill other players in PVE? like a duel arena or something?

Yes, PvE and PvP servers are the same except for one thing : on the PvE server you have an option to turn PvP on or off if you wish. There are still Duel, Arena, Teritorial Wars, etc...
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Im going to the PVE server.
  • zumi
    zumi Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Yes, PvE and PvP servers are the same except for one thing : on the PvE server you have an option to turn PvP on or off if you wish. There are still Duel, Arena, Teritorial Wars, etc...

ohhhh O.O thanks that helps alot! ^^ im no longer confused lol thanks again.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]今の愛 ♥
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hmmm it really depends for me, I dont know what server Destiny is going to go to, It is a guild I signed up to join once OB starts :D But I dont like how in PVP anyone of any lvl can kill you, and I heard on a PVE server you can turn pvp off and on. I really like that ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • trips
    trips Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yep that's right. I decided on PvE Cause there will still be wars. Just your not FORCED to be killed by some pker type person. That and if I do PVP I stay on MY server lol where there is too much pk going on these days as it is But the difference is I have a decent level EA who killed 85% of pkers who tried me. But from what I have seen in closed beta here it will be far worst. I'd rather play the game my way (pvp when i want) then theirs ;) I mean even though getting attacked when your not ready is not big deal really. But then at the same time it it super annoying and it seems these days pkers get 2% on us and we get 0.00021% or less on them cause of dolls. not to mention the new Soul Bound feature.
  • raxcal
    raxcal Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's gonna be PvE for me; I'm also coming from the MY-EN version where random PK has just exploded recently. Don't get me wrong though, I like the thrill of fighting other players. The big turnoff of PvP there is when high level players for any reason whatsoever, decide to go on a killing spree on lower level players.

Things I really dislike about the PvP server:
    1. Having your whole party / squad killed because one person was on someone's KOS list, and you didn't know.
    2. Having your whole party / squad killed because a higher level player was bored.
    3. Not being able to participate in non instanced events, because higher level players will PK you for loot.

PKers say that on the PvE server there will be mass KSing, well KSing is better than having a WR / Blademaster run in, and stun you, while you're fighting a mob. You will most likely die, you may drop stuff, and the blademaster will have killed you and he would not even turn red.

All that rather silly behavior is really meant to discourage other players from progressing in the game, because that would mean, that they'd eventually have to fight players of their own level, In which case they'll probably lose.

Go ahead call me carebear, but don't forget it's not me who buys tons of Dolls / Guardian Angels to protect me, it's not me who's going to have to stay in a safe zone, because people want to get back at me.
  • qiox
    qiox Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PVE

/10chars
  • siberian
    siberian Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rycos wrote: »
    No the PvE server just means PvP-optional.

There should still be duels. And in theory a more populated Arena.

In reality, Territory Wars are won on PvP strategy and experience. Characters should be slanted toward PvP builds. And with less open PvP I would assume there would be more Arena.

Agree mostly - except for the Catapult drivers - WB (barbarian) make the best drivers simply for thier ability to tank damage, and slanting a WB towards PK'ing is crippling it (very slightly). Heavy Armor WF's (venomancers) are awesome, Mages come into their own in TW and all other classes - definately PvP skills, but WB's are most effective as giant meaty tanks, the more meaty the better :)
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lineage wrote: »
    i guest PVE server is most liked :D

No, it's not. All the smart people are going to Lost City, all the whiners are going to PVE (a small minority, in other words)

There is no point to playing a game like PW on a PvE server. It's basically a completely different game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PVE is da best.

Ren stop baitig newbs to become cannon fodder =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm not baiting anyone, i'm stating the cold hard truth.
    PVE servers is where unskilled whiners go, and they'll regret it once they're higher level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    No, it's not. All the smart people are going to Lost City, all the whiners are going to PVE (a small minority, in other words)

There is no point to playing a game like PW on a PvE server. It's basically a completely different game.

Don't listen to Ren, he's a poor frustrated ganker.

All the cool and smart people are going on the Heaven's Tear PvE server. All the unskilled gankers are going to the PvP server (a small minority in other words).

There is no point to playing a game like PW on a PvP server, unless you like to be ganked by bored players 30 levels above you every time you go out of a safe zone.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Why they have to regret? When they reach higher lvls in PVE server, fashion shows, tea parties and friendly TWs are waiting for them.
    What will happen in Lost City? Well, just drama. It must be better than TNT channel, I know it.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]